RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayce

Very nice! What software do you use to edit your videos?

TR0N

Gate of Thunder:according to spida it's f**king awesome!!!  :twisted:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

One of the all time great spida1 reviews!!!

mburghdorf

Love your reviews. Gate of thunder was one of your best.

JoshTurboTrollX

Bucci's reviews are top notch!  Curious if there is going to be a DVD series 2!!  lol

I can't wait to set aside a few moments to watch GoT vid.  I'll have to pop some pop corn and get a cold one!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/02/2010, 09:58 AMBucci's reviews are top notch!  Curious if there is going to be a DVD series 2!!  lol

I can't wait to set aside a few moments to watch GoT vid.  I'll have to pop some pop corn and get a cold one! 
I would imagine that Bucci will release a complete DVD set...

...Hey Bucci! You better release a complete DVD set!  :P

The GoT review was great.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

lord_cack

I loved it: "Gate of Thunder.... F$#kin' Awesome!" the pause makes it.... great review for a great game.... I have never finished hehe
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: lord_cack on 09/03/2010, 04:28 PMI loved it: "Gate of Thunder.... F$#kin' Awesome!" the pause makes it.... great review for a great game.... I have never finished hehe
spida 1 chris bucci fn awesome!!!!  thats my review
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

spenoza

I really love Bucci's editing, as it's very high quality. His narration is good, too. Sometimes the scripts could use a little editing (mostly grammar/word choice stuff), though. Overall, very good productions.

airzonk68

chris - the GoT review still does not show on your TurboViews page - last one showing is Aug 11th interview - not sure why but thought i would let you know - thanks for the great work and effort - keep it up! - very enjoyable stuff! ron

ShinobiMan

I've been a subscriber for a few months now. Love your reviews man. Keep it up!

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys, as always!  :)

I am not a professional by any means (as a game reviewer, script writer, etc.).  But, I try the best I can in the short amount of time I have to put these episodes together.  I m so grateful for friends like you who always support my projects.
Thanks. 
Sincerely,
Chris

Duo_R

ya is a full DVD set coming soon? I want to pick the DVD's up.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: ShinobiMan on 09/08/2010, 10:58 AMI've been a subscriber for a few months now. Love your reviews man. Keep it up!
I love your avatar shinobi.  =D>
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Mathius

We are getting close to review number 50! DVD vol. 2 time! :D

finerion

First time watching one of your videos spida1a and all I can say is that it was f'in awesome. Great work man. Sub for you.
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

Mathius

Mathius

Spida1 finally put up a review of the Turbo Duo! I really need to get one of these! Maybe tax time.... :wink:

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/29/2010, 11:59 AMSpida1 finally put up a review of the Turbo Duo! I really need to get one of these! Maybe tax time.... :wink:
No you wouldn't want a turbo-duo it does have that pesky sound issue problem.Unless you don't mind replacing it caps when it does,break down.In all honesty you be better of with a duo-r or rx at least.
IMG

TR0N

Now spida reviews one of my all time favorite arpg  =D>
Ys Book 1&2
Ys,was one of the reason why i got a turbo-cd in the frist place.Hell when "the egm buyers guide" rated it so highly i had to see what the fuss was about.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TR0N on 12/13/2010, 03:28 AMNow spida reviews one of my all time favorite arpg  =D>
Ys Book 1&2
Ys,was one of the reason why i got a turbo-cd in the frist place.Hell when "the egm buyers guide" rated it so highly i had to see what the fuss was about.
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! :)
IMG

Marll

One of my all time favorite games on any system.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Lilgrafx

This guy is what made me wan to collect for the system. Great reviews =D>

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 12/13/2010, 06:52 PMThis guy is what made me wan to collect for the system. Great reviews =D>
haha. That's awesome. Yeah, Bucci's vids have a definite polish. Good to know his vids are bringing people into the fold. :)
IMG

ChrisBucci

Hey guys!

I just wanted to wish all of you a happy holiday season and have a great New Year.  Thanks for all the friendship and support!  See you all in 2011!
Sincerely yours,
Chris Bucci

Mathius

Quote from: spida1a on 12/29/2010, 10:58 PMHey guys!

I just wanted to wish all of you a happy holiday season and have a great New Year.  Thanks for all the friendship and support!  See you all in 2011!
Sincerely yours,
Chris Bucci
Rock on , Bucci!! :) Happy Holidays my friend.

NecroPhile

Right back atcha, Bucciball.  Keep up the excellent work.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Happy holidays to teh Bucciman! :)
IMG

Lilgrafx

Duo_R

Chris is there going to be another volume of your DVD's? Perhaps a special edition coming soon? Would love to know. Happy New Years!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/31/2010, 05:23 PMChris is there going to be another volume of your DVD's? Perhaps a special edition coming soon? Would love to know. Happy New Years!
The word was that once he hit 50 reviews he would do a DVD with reviews #26-50.

ChrisBucci

Hey there.  Ha ha.  Yes, I had already started working on Volume 2 (grabbing all the high-rez versions of the episodes together, getting some of the extras, and etc.). 

So far I have the memory commentaries done and some of the music gathered together for the alternate tracks.  The special features include a mixed interview with myself (and Gamester81 and PeteDorr), Turbo Views tips, edited / cut footage and audio from the first 50 vids, and hopefully much more.

Unfortunately, when I went home for the holidays, I was admitted into the hospital.  It turns out I had gallstones that were blocking...blah blah...you know what...let's just say, it's a lot more complicated than they thought.  So, I am pretty much stuck in PA until things are figured out here.  Therefore, the DVD will be on hold until I can get back home.

I am hoping things will work out well and 2011 will be great. 
:)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: spida1a on 12/31/2010, 08:03 PMHey there.  Ha ha.  Yes, I had already started working on Volume 2 (grabbing all the high-rez versions of the episodes together, getting some of the extras, and etc.). 

So far I have the memory commentaries done and some of the music gathered together for the alternate tracks.  The special features include a mixed interview with myself (and Gamester81 and PeteDorr), Turbo Views tips, edited / cut footage and audio from the first 50 vids, and hopefully much more.

Unfortunately, when I went home for the holidays, I was admitted into the hospital.  It turns out I had gallstones that were blocking...blah blah...you know what...let's just say, it's a lot more complicated than they thought.  So, I am pretty much stuck in PA until things are figured out here.  Therefore, the DVD will be on hold until I can get back home.

I am hoping things will work out well and 2011 will be great. 
:)
Sorry to hear about your medical issues Chris. I hope you're feeling better.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

MotherGunner

My wife had gallstones.  I can imagine what you're going through man.  Get well soon.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Ceti Alpha

Chris. My thoughts are with you, man. You'll get through this.
IMG

DesmondThe3rd

JoshTurboTrollX

Don't worry about the DVD!  We are a patient group, you just worry about yourself and get better!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/03/2011, 10:47 AMDon't worry about the DVD!  We are a patient group, you just worry about yourself and get better!
Seconded :)

TR0N

Get well soon spida no hurry's on the dvd that can wait.
IMG

SuperPlay

Chris you are a games review legend to me :@)

Mathius

We should all help Bucci by posting our favorite Turbo Views moments.
Here is but two of mine:

1) In the Turbo Views Extra: Turbo-CD when Chris mentions the moment he heard about a gaming system that plays CDs, most kids were like, "No Way!" :shock: The face he makes when he says that is priceless.

2) The beginning of the Gate of Thunder review. So short and sweet. "Gate of Thunder? Fuckin' Awesome!" :twisted:

rag-time4

My favorite part of the series has probably when he goes into the positive of JJ and Jeff near the end of the review, especially the part about the game having an addictive feel and a ton of stuff to find. It really made me feel like he's being honest and heartfelt with his reviews.

turbogrfxfan

yeah hope ya feel better soon and gamester 81 is a cool guy.  cant wait to get a copy.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

DesmondThe3rd

I loved his Super Air Zonk review where he said: "Oh hell, we didn't put any scrolling in this level. Oh, well, there ya go, done!"

Mathius

Quote from: Mathius on 01/15/2011, 09:31 PMWe should all help Bucci by posting our favorite Turbo Views moments.
Here is but two of mine:

1) In the Turbo Views Extra: Turbo-CD when Chris mentions the moment he heard about a gaming system that plays CDs, most kids were like, "No Way!" :shock: The face he makes when he says that is priceless.

2) The beginning of the Gate of Thunder review. So short and sweet. "Gate of Thunder? Fuckin' Awesome!" :twisted:
Bump :wink:

DesmondThe3rd

I also liked the Neutopia review where Spida points outs how the Princess 'offers' herself to you.

esteban

Hey Bucci, get better soon. :)

Favorite moments:
We have spent a lot of time on this forum discussing the merits and charm of Racing RPG's. I liked how Bucci emphasized Final Lap Twin's RPG Quest Mode because that is the sort of thing that is often overlooked/briefly mentioned in the "real" world outside of our PCE bubble.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DesmondThe3rd

It was also cool to hear him go crazy in the Darkwing Duck review. He was usually so positive up to that point.