Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazekirifx

No way. Final Soldier is nearly as good as Soldier Blade. WTF is wrong with it. Graphics, music, gameplay, all excellent. Soldier Blade wins by just a hair.

Mathius

Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/26/2012, 10:18 PMNo way. Final Soldier is nearly as good as Soldier Blade. WTF is wrong with it. Graphics, music, gameplay, all excellent. Soldier Blade wins by just a hair.
Super Star Soldier was my first experience with the Soldier series, and while it's not my favorite shooter on the console it has all the ingredients necessary for a good shootie experience. Final Soldier was next on my list. I liked the game but felt it was too easy and the power-ups weren't as interesting. Killer music as always though. Finally, I picked up Soldier Blade. The first time I played it I felt as if I was playing a 32-Bit shooter. Seriously. The graphics were sharper and more detailed, the weapons were fascinating, and the music rocked my knuckle hairs off. :)

ChrisBucci

Thanks for always finding this "old" thread and updating it for me.  Ha ha.  You guys are the best.  :)

turbokon

Hey spida, this is superkon316 on YouTube. I fired up super star soldier and almost got to the boss on stage 7 the other night because of your video review. I really enjoy your videos. I hope to still watch them when I'm an old geezer:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ChrisBucci

Hey man, that's great my friend.  Excellent accomplishment!!   Thanks for the kind words.  :)

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 09/26/2012, 10:40 PM
Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/26/2012, 10:18 PMNo way. Final Soldier is nearly as good as Soldier Blade. WTF is wrong with it. Graphics, music, gameplay, all excellent. Soldier Blade wins by just a hair.
Super Star Soldier was my first experience with the Soldier series, and while it's not my favorite shooter on the console it has all the ingredients necessary for a good shootie experience. Final Soldier was next on my list. I liked the game but felt it was too easy and the power-ups weren't as interesting. Killer music as always though. Finally, I picked up Soldier Blade. The first time I played it I felt as if I was playing a 32-Bit shooter. Seriously. The graphics were sharper and more detailed, the weapons were fascinating, and the music rocked my knuckle hairs off. :)
Im with mathius for the most part... But for me Super Star Soldier is my fave of the series. I played through Final Soldier my first afternoon sitting down with it. I found it far too easy with only a couple spots that had decent action. I agree with Mathius that the powerups were boring... In particular the flame weapon was far less interesting than SSS. Ive cleared soldier blade too and found that game boring an easy as well. Nicer graphics and art than final soldier but the fun factor just wasnt there. SSS is probably the only one I'll ever revisit.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

geise

TR0N

Well it's not a new review by spida1a but he compares the nes bonk to the TG16 one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bernie

sonikthehedgehog

I'm pumped about the new video. I miss the reviews though.

wallzter

I'm glad he's back. Can't wait til the next reviews.

PukeSter

Great review as always. Kind of cool to see his early stuff.

kazekirifx

It's just great to hear from him again. Can't wait for the upcoming vids!

MrFlutterPie

I'm glad Chris is back and doing well :)

Now MOAR Turbo Views!

Mathius

Which state to you have to move to, Chris?

...I hope you still monitor this thread hehe

TR0N

IMG

turboswimbz

another great review.  :) glad to see a new one.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tpivette

This is why I love his reviews... never would have thought to pick this one up til I saw this. Looks like a fun game!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

Quote from: tpivette on 02/03/2013, 09:36 AMThis is why I love his reviews... never would have thought to pick this one up til I saw this. Looks like a fun game!
Gameplay is a little clunker and time consuming to learn then he leads on, but once you get it there is fun to be had, and the Music is Amazing + I picked it up in very  good condition for 15 Bucks just a few months ago.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

I will watch the review tonight. I really need to pick this game up soon.

ChrisBucci

First of all...Mathius...you're going to wait until tonight!?  Sigh, some friend you are!  (ha ha, JK).

Second of all...thanks for the kind words guys.  SOB is a good game for the money.  But, be warned....like turboswimbz says...many people find it very clunky.  I myself caught on to its quirks a little faster than others for some reason or another (it didn't really seem that bad to me, it could be due to the inclusion of the turbo-switches, ha ha).  But, it's not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

Thanks for the support, as always!
Chris

Mathius

Hee hee! Just watched the video finally. Every time a new Turbo Views comes out it's like visiting an old friend you don't see but a few times a year. Bucc, glad to see you back!

ChrisBucci

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 02/03/2013, 09:13 PMHee hee! Just watched the video finally. Every time a new Turbo Views comes out it's like visiting an old friend you don't see but a few times a year. Bucc, glad to see you back!
HERE! HERE! :pcds:

ALSO: I accidentally hit "submit" before I finished typing my comment on YouTube. Ha! I suppose I could have worse problems...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

rrob78

Been enjoying your videos ever since Syphic introduced me to your youtube channel.

ChrisBucci

Thanks rrob78!  That's great to hear.

And Esteban...ha ha, I was wondering what happened.  I thought maybe you passed out (but got up enough strength to hit post, ha ha).  :)

esteban

:pcds: I was going to go on a ridiculous rant, basically claiming that SotB was Metroid with better music :pcds:

It's a good thing I accidentally hit "submit" when I did...

Retro Nick

Hi Chris, I love Turbo Views! It is the primary reason why I just bought a PC-Engine Duo.

Carparama

I'm a huge fan of them as well.  I was wondering if anyone was doing videos like this, and was happy to find yours.  Keep up the good work!

EvilEvoIX

This guy is quite talented.  Really enjoy your style and delivery.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Gladiator316

I ordered his Turboviews Volume 1 & 2...If you are a fan of his, support him and buy his dvd's...they are totally worth it! I love the extras.
93/94 TurboChips

roflmao

Yep, all of his DVDs are top notch.  I've watch 'em multiple times.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/13/2013, 10:46 PMYep, all of his DVDs are top notch.  I've watch 'em multiple times.
Me too. I get as big of a nostalgia boost from his DVDs as I do actually playing Turbo.

CPTRAVE

totally love those reviews, keep it up even my kids enjoy watching them :P.

TR0N

Any body knows when his next review comes out ? After SOTB he went mia again....
IMG

Gladiator316

Yeah I get a little impatient waiting for his videos too 8-[..

We know he has some life issues to deal with, just like anyone else....
but I'm sure he will make his return when he gets things in order

In the mean time i'm enjoying his DVD's
93/94 TurboChips

EvilEvoIX

I like his voice and his delivery method.  Really makes me feel his is trustworthy.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ChrisBucci

Thanks for the kind words guys.  As always.  

Life is going great now.  The problem is...I just have zero time since I've doubled my work hours to pay for...the reason life went to crap in the first place.  Lol!  (Can't win anyway you slice it sometimes, ha ha).
But....I'll always be back until the entire U.S. line-up is reviewed.  I'm very stubborn when I set a goal.  :)

Thanks for the support and all the great friendships over the years!!

turboswimbz

Quote from: spida1a on 03/14/2013, 08:10 PMThanks for the kind words guys.  As always. 

Life is going great now.  The problem is...I just have zero time since I've doubled my work hours to pay for...the reason life went to crap in the first place.  Lol!  (Can't win anyway you slice it sometimes, ha ha).
But....I'll always be back until the entire U.S. line-up is reviewed.  I'm very stubborn when I set a goal.  :)

Glad to hear you are doing well.  and man if we only all had a little more time.

ChrisBucci

Indeed my friend!  Ha ha.    :)

Mathius

Quote from: spida1a on 03/14/2013, 08:10 PMThanks for the support and all the great friendships over the years!! 
You are always among friends here.

Tatsujin

Spida 1a the Great :)

Take your time buddy :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: spida1a on 03/14/2013, 08:10 PMThanks for the kind words guys.  As always. 

Life is going great now.  The problem is...I just have zero time since I've doubled my work hours to pay for...the reason life went to crap in the first place.  Lol!  (Can't win anyway you slice it sometimes, ha ha).

SPIDA! Good luck with everything. :pcgs:

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 03/14/2013, 08:10 PMThanks for the kind words guys.  As always.  

Life is going great now.  The problem is...I just have zero time since I've doubled my work hours to pay for...the reason life went to crap in the first place.  Lol!  (Can't win anyway you slice it sometimes, ha ha).
But....I'll always be back until the entire U.S. line-up is reviewed.  I'm very stubborn when I set a goal.  :)

Just wondering i know you put updates on you're facebook but i don't use it  :P Any ways,no rush and i am looking forward to when you have the time again to make more reviews.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

ChrisBucci

Thanks for updating things TRON my good man.  Unfortunately, I "screwed up" a couple things in the video and had to re-upload (namely the ending, which was the wrong one...ha ha).  Guess we can use the other as an "alternate ending" for the DVD.  Lol!  Will be up in a couple hours.  ;)

ChrisBucci

Here is the latest Victory Run.  I am not sure why YouTube has "stretched" my video to the incorrect aspect ratio.  I am using the same settings, same file format, same EVERYTHING as always.  And.....that is bugging the hell out of me....you have NO idea.  But, I'm not re-uploading it again.  Ha ha.   
Thanks everyone as always.
Chris

Victory Run:

Sadler

Quote from: spida1a on 03/22/2013, 04:52 PMHere is the latest Victory Run.  I am not sure why YouTube has "stretched" my video to the incorrect aspect ratio.  I am using the same settings, same file format, same EVERYTHING as always.  And.....that is bugging the hell out of me....you have NO idea.  But, I'm not re-uploading it again.  Ha ha.   
Thanks everyone as always.
Chris

Victory Run:
Awesome, loved it! Keep 'em coming! :D