@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Holy crap. 0_0

Started by Kitsunexus, 02/18/2008, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

So last night I was driving home from work, everything was going cool, I was driving the speed limit (65MPH) and Dr. Dre's Nuthin' But A "G" Thang was on the MP3 player. Well I was going along the turnoff from town, and suddenly a tire popped off the rim, and started to veer out of control.

I tried to turn into it to keep it from going crazy, but I spun over an embankment and into a dirt field. The only thing that went through my mind was "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT", which coincidentally came out of my mouth as well.

I was able to get out of the car (OK of course), and call my parents, and I took my dynamo flashlight and went around to look at the car. No cosmetic damage, but 3 of the tires were off the rim, and I freaked out because I thought an axle was broken! I tried to start the car, but every light on the dash came on and the car wasn't starting.

I was freaking out majorly, "oh FUCKING SHIT, I TOTALLED MY CAR!" So eventually Dad came and he called a wrecker. Luckily though, all that happened was that the battery died because I left my headlights on, and the car, despite being very dirty and needing three more tires will be able to drive again with no problems.

Also, on an unrelated note, the town that I live in is on the news because the refinery blew up.  :shock:
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

NecroPhile

Thankfully nobody was injured, but that is indeed a holy shit moment.  Were your tires old and in need of replacement, or did you run over some debris in the road?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2008, 02:00 PMWere your tires old and in need of replacement, or did you run over some debris in the road?
My tires were balder than an aging cancer patient's head. We were going to get tires today anyway, now we have a better reason. :lol:

MissaFX

Quote from: Kitsunexus (or someone like him)So last night I was driving home from work yo, everything was going cool chill, I was driving the three times the legal speed limit (195MPH) high on coke and Dr. Dre's Nuthin' But A "G" Thang was on the MP3 player. Well I was going along the turnoff from town, and suddenly a tire popped off the rim, and I started to veer out of control make some mad drift turns that would make Ridge Racer fans jealous.

I tried to turn drift into it to keep it from going crazy, but I spun over an embankment and into a dirt field clearing three other cars in the process in the opposing lane. The only thing that went through my mind I could hear on my cell phone from my ho was "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT", which coincidentally came out of my mouth as well, but only because I just realized I was paying roaming minutes dawg.

Also, on an unrelated note, the town that I live in is on the news because the refinery coincidentally owned by the guy who cut me off blew up.  :shock:
In all seriousness, you are lucky you didn't roll your car from the sounds of it.  I am really glad that you are ok Kitsu.  Not to mention if your tired are really old, it is bad for your rims in the first place to be driving around, let alone over 55.  You are expecially lucky that the car didn't even get damage, let alone yourself.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

guyjin

holy crap indeed. you're lucky you didn't die.  :shock:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/18/2008, 02:03 PMMy tires were balder than an aging cancer patient's head.
Classy.  :lol:

I hope that you've learned your lesson regarding proper vehicle maintenance.  I'll cut you some slack (as if you care) since you just got the car, but now you get to buy new tires and pay to fix any additional damage done.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest link=msg=78500 date=1203371832
i]and[/i] pay to fix any additional damage done.
That's the kickass part, aside from the tires, no damage done. The car severely needs washing, but I LIKE to do that. ^___^

Tatsujin

youngsters and their roadsters
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

You need to get to a pro mechanic and have that thing checked out for real. If you are driving around in the winter with tires that bad (tires, which you can tell are bad just my looking at them for fuck's sake) then God knows what other sort of crap is falling apart under than huge cow's rotting carcass. The thing handles badly enough when its %100, its going to be even worse with bald tires (I seriously hope you are buying four tires, and not just three), blown out ball joints, leaky shocks, blasted stabilizer links, missing control arm bushings, and sloppy tie rod ends.
IMG

Turbo D

wow, what an adventure! I'm glad you're ok dude  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

Glad to see that you're OK, man. :) As for auto repair, ask your friends and family which auto mechanic would be the most reliable and trustworthy to go to.  There are a lot of crooks in the auto repair business so you gotta keep your eyes peeled and your head on straight. :wink:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Dark Fact on 02/18/2008, 09:35 PMAs for auto repair, ask your friends and family which auto mechanic would be the most reliable and trustworthy to go to.
This would be my dad.

nat

Quote from: Dark Fact on 02/18/2008, 09:35 PMThere are a lot of crooks in the auto repair business so you gotta keep your eyes peeled and your head on straight. :wink:
Like, 90% of mechanics are back stabbing thieves.

SignOfZeta

Almost every mechanic I've met is extremely honest, takes pride in his work, and is completely dedicated to his reputation and the safety of his customers. The mechanics are the ones that get fucked, virtually every day, by the flat rate system of pay that AFAIK exists only in the US.

The owners of shops, especially dealerships, are the thieves. They steal far more from their mechanics than they steal from the customers though simply because they can. They know how to make mechanics work for free and they use that knowledge whenever they can.

Most costumers do more to fuck themselves than anyone. They buy shit they can't afford like Ford Explorers and F-150s and other stuff that guzzles gas, and always needs suspension work. Then they want mechanics to work on their POS for flat rate with no extra time for all the frozen nuts and bolts on the car. My feeling is that if they don't like paying $600 to fix a coolant leak they shouldn't have bought a Buick in the first place.

Additionally customers aren't usually in the position to even realize if they are getting screwed or not. They feel screwed when things are expensive, and they feel like they got a fair deal when things are cheap. The price of the repair though as little to do with how much work you needed or received. If they knew what they were talking about they'd probably be doing the work themselves.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/18/2008, 09:46 PM
Quote from: Dark Fact on 02/18/2008, 09:35 PMAs for auto repair, ask your friends and family which auto mechanic would be the most reliable and trustworthy to go to.
This would be my dad.
Well, maybe I'm not understanding this, but isn't your dad the one that almost killed you buy putting you in a car with threadbare tires?
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/18/2008, 11:57 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/18/2008, 09:46 PM
This would be my dad.
Well, maybe I'm not understanding this, but isn't your dad the one that almost killed you buy putting you in a car with threadbare tires?
Fuck you, don't talk about my dad that way you fucking cunt.

SignOfZeta

You didn't answer my question.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Again, fuck you. What are you even fucking doing in this thread? You wouldn't even give a shit if I lived or died, you just come in here to start a flame with me. So fuck off. I don't care if you are a mechanic or whatnot, you haven't proven anything in this thread except that you're a fuckjob. So again, fuck off.

Joe Redifer

Sorry to hear of your car troubles last night, Kitsunexus, but this thread is over.