RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno5

i'm playing Dragon Slayer: The legend of Heroes. I'm at chapter 4 level 30 for now. Oh and i just saw the option to switch to cd audio LOL. Love the music now !

munchiaz

Playing popful main right now. Beat the first area so far. Haven't had any issues going through the game not knowing Japanese.

MrPoppy

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/29/2014, 02:20 PMPlaying popful main right now. Beat the first area so far. Haven't had any issues going through the game not knowing Japanese.
Sweet, that's definitely on my list.
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

geise

Popful Mail is so awesome on PC-E!

Had the day off due to bad weather.  I finally went on a hunt and found my lost Buster Bros.  I came so close to beating it.  It's been a long while since I played through this.  Was nice to play and take a breather for a while.

RoyVegas

Played some Pac-Land last night and my daughter jumped in on the fun. She had fun with it for awhile but she's a little bit more of a Bonk's Adventure fan and kept wanting to turn off poor underplayed Pac-Land.
All is well. :)

vexcollects

BLAZING LAZERS

why is this game so cheap to buy, but it is still one of the best shmups ever created? Sinistron costs more, but totally not as good. Can't figure it out. I guess it's just a common game.

roflmao

Blazing Lazers > Sinistron, though I've been having fun with both recently.  I picked up Sinistron a few months ago, so it's still a "new" game to me (thanks again, tony!) and I've had Blazing Lazers pretty much from the get-go, and it's still fun to play!  I wonder if I'll still be playing Sinistron 20 years from now...  I know I'll still be playing Blazing Lazers.  I have a Blazing Lazers bead-art thingy I made in my cubicle at work. :)

EvilEvoIX

Blazing Lasers always calls me back.  It is a Perfect game.  There seriously isn't anything wrong with it.  R Type is owning me right now however.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

vexcollects

Also, how great is the Blazing Lazers music?? Seriously. It will get stuck in my head all day. I agree. It is a perfect game.

esteban

Quote from: vexcollects on 01/31/2014, 12:03 AMAlso, how great is the Blazing Lazers music?? Seriously. It will get stuck in my head all day. I agree. It is a perfect game.
Fantastic soundtrack, truly.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

For a launch title it has everything, it really should have been the pack in game.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

vexcollects

Yeah! Agreed. How great would it have been to get Blazing Lazers packed in with the US system instead of Keith Courage? Don't get me wrong, Keith Courage is fine, but BL may have helped the system sell more in North America. But...maybe I'm just blinded by my idiot love for anything TG/PCE.

bob

I grabbed the first 6 medallions in Neutopia last night. Labyrinth 7 kicked my ass and after 6 hours or so getting there, I needed a break.
I have never played Neutopia all the way through. It reminds me of an old NES game, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anybody else notice that?
 :-k

Mzo

Quote from: galam on 02/01/2014, 03:45 PMI have never played Neutopia all the way through. It reminds me of an old NES game, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anybody else notice that?
It reminds me of the wholly original SMS game Golden Axe Warrior.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

wildfruit

Blazing lazers was the first tg16 game i ever played, last year. Having had no previous experience of the system i was very impressed.

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

vexcollects

Tonight I played Populous (hucard) for 2 hours. Missed that game. Great fun. I love that they produced a special card (romram) for the ability to save your game. I wonder how many romram games were produced?

wildfruit

Quote from: vexcollects on 02/02/2014, 02:04 AMTonight I played Populous (hucard) for 2 hours. Missed that game. Great fun. I love that they produced a special card (romram) for the ability to save your game. I wonder how many romram games were produced?
first pce game i got after getting a hu card converter. Its great

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

NecroPhile

Quote from: vexcollects on 02/02/2014, 02:04 AMI love that they produced a special card (romram) for the ability to save your game. I wonder how many romram games were produced?
Zero games, not even Populous.  It doesn't save to the huey; the romram logo refers to it having additional working ram on the huey, which is unique to Populous.

The only huey to have save ram is the Tennokoe Bank.

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/02/2014, 03:51 PMSent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk
Please turn this off.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dyna138

I haven't turned on my Duo in awhile (shame on me) but I finally popped in my go to game Soldier Blade last night. Playthroughs of Splatterhouse, Bonk's Revenge and Legendary Axe II won't be far behind I think. Maybe it's finally time for me to play through some of the RPGs I've been saving like Mysterious Song.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: galam on 02/01/2014, 03:45 PMI grabbed the first 6 medallions in Neutopia last night. Labyrinth 7 kicked my ass and after 6 hours or so getting there, I needed a break.
I have never played Neutopia all the way through. It reminds me of an old NES game, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anybody else notice that?
I think its because, while graphically, its a 16 bit game, it plays more like the original Zelda than Link to the Past. You are limited to the 4 cardinal directions, iirc. There is very little variation in the dungeons, unlike its sequel. The drops and power-ups feel somewhat limited in scope. In general, it just has more in common with LoZ than LttP, when you ignore the increased color palette.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

bob

^^ did you really think i was asking?
not trying to be a dick.  but thats funny.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: galam on 02/04/2014, 06:53 PM^^ did you really think i was asking?
not trying to be a dick.  but thats funny.
Oh, I misread the question, lol. I thought you were saying "Remind me of the style of an old NES game" not "reminds me of a specific NES game" oops!

Joke

________

My head.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

geise

To me Zelda has nothing in common with Neutopia.

Neutopia:  Game I play

Zelda:  Game I do not play

vexcollects

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2014, 11:46 AMZero games, not even Populous.  It doesn't save to the huey; the romram logo refers to it having additional working ram on the huey, which is unique to Populous.

The only huey to have save ram is the Tennokoe Bank.
I was just going off of this blurb I found on the Internets. "As you've probably noticed, Populous comes on an unusual HuCard. Unlike Street Fighter 2, which was also released on a thick HuCard, Populous doesn't use this extra room to increase the game's size. This extra thickness is in reality supposed to hide a mini backup unit where players could save they game's progress. The back of the card is also different than your usual HuCard, and this backup specimen is even called a RomRam HuCard"

What you are saying makes more sense, since it is called romRAM. I guess that dude was mistaken.

pulstar

At the moment I am currently playing...Twinbee. It's amazing how much the Famicom version put me off this game series, but I'm actually enjoying this one.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

roflmao

Quote from: pulstar on 02/05/2014, 05:46 PMAt the moment I am currently playing...Twinbee. It's amazing how much the Famicom version put me off this game series, but I'm actually enjoying this one.
I've been playing this some lately as well. 

I really suck at juggling bells and shooting down enemies.  I'm really good at shooting the bells past the color I want and completely missing the enemies, though.

Having said that, if you just want to see each of the levels (the later ones look AMAZING), I love that there's an Easy setting and you can crank up the # of lives and continues.

GMO

Currently I am replaying Neutopia II as Koala making custom passwords. I pretty much play as TG16 I can get my hands on. I current have 42 TGCD original games. I am trying to get my hands on as many originals as I can.

OldRover

Currently playing... Eternal Silence. :lol:
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

wolfman

Populous mostly. And Victory Run inbetween for a change, although it sucks  :?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROMĀ², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

roflmao

Lately for me it's been Parasol Stars, After Burner II, and Bonk's Adventure. I need to get in on the Somer Assault weekly game.

InfraMan

I just finished up Spriggan, which was awesome... I'll probably play through it a couple more times with different weapon combinations just to see which I like the best.

After that I think I'll start a Valis I-IV run, which is something I've really been looking forward to. I've only ever played the inferior Genesis/Mega Drive versions until now.  8)

Mzo

Just beat Valis.  That last guy was a real piece of shit, especially since dying on him (first time I ever saw that boss!) means you start the stage over with no weapons.  I got really, really good at doing the stage but the best you can have going in the fight is ONE power-up, which then goes away if you die, and you are NOT going to melee this dude's two forms to death.

Some bullshit!
My Backloggery

InfraMan

Quote from: Mzo on 02/16/2014, 12:29 AMJust beat Valis.  That last guy was a real piece of shit, especially since dying on him (first time I ever saw that boss!) means you start the stage over with no weapons.  I got really, really good at doing the stage but the best you can have going in the fight is ONE power-up, which then goes away if you die, and you are NOT going to melee this dude's two forms to death.

Some bullshit!
Awesome... well, I have that to look forward to I guess.  8-[

Which Valis is that, btw?

Mzo

Quote from: InfraMan on 02/16/2014, 11:03 AMAwesome... well, I have that to look forward to I guess.  8-[

Which Valis is that, btw?
Oh, I didn't number it because it's the PC Engine CD port of the first game that came out after all the other games.  I'm pretty sure it was the last Valis game ever made (aside from the hentai one =X).  It definitely has the highest production values.

It's easier if you already know the level and the fight and come in powered up from the previous stage but I wasn't going to start the game over from scratch.

PS - don't forget about all the different types of magic like I did!  The shield is super useful.
My Backloggery

GohanX

I just got Valis 1 and 4, I'll have to give it a shot.

InfraMan

bishopcruz

Currently playing Dragon Slayer, man there is something about Falcom that can turn games that should be kinda assy, like this one, into far more than the sum of their parts. The localization itself doesn't actually seem too bad either, with the worst part about it being the changed names, which always annoys me, and the horrible horrible VO. Man it is just laughably bad.

Still I do like that the story is actually about a dude being pro-active for once, and a bad guy who doesn't at least at first seem all powerful. Still lots of little issues. WAY too many battles for one, and  annoying enemy patterns. That said, I am having a blast with it. The world feels quite alive for a game of that era, and cool things like following an army to retake a castle are just plain neat.

reno5

I just finished Dragon Slayer and almost did Ys Book I in one sitting. I'm only missing the 6th book in the tower.

Had a great time with Dragon Slayer, and for a first time with Ys I i really like it even if pretty simple.

seieienbu

I got PC Engine Ys 3 recently.  I always figured that the intro's translation of Adol defeating an Alien was pretty wonky and what do you know!  The intro was actually talking about how a hero in the past defeated an evil monster!  Good work, early video game translators!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

thesteve

Ys1&2 just got 2nd book, I need to lvl up some before mine floor3 boss 2

wolfman

Shapeshifter. Just unlocked the Shark.  :twisted:
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROMĀ², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

wildo2ne

currently working on Dragons Curse

johnnykonami

I'm like a lifer Japanese student, but I was thinking I would play some graphic adventures to help me along with my reading.  I was considering  Bubble Gum Crash, are there any other good Japanese Hu-Cards worth a look as far as that type of game goes?

schweaty

Legendary Axe.  The Pits of Madness are driving me nuts.  Just when I figure out the patterns for all the monsters up to that point, they throw brand new ones at me.

johnnykonami

Quote from: schweaty on 03/11/2014, 04:24 PMLegendary Axe.  The Pits of Madness are driving me nuts.  Just when I figure out the patterns for all the monsters up to that point, they throw brand new ones at me. 
I credit Legendary Axe with laying the foundation for my current gaming ability.  That game is pretty satisfying to beat once you get it down.  Is that stage 2 you're talking about?

schweaty

Its the last stage.  In Room L they throw a bunch of brand new beasties at you.

johnnykonami

Quote from: schweaty on 03/11/2014, 05:04 PMIts the last stage.  In Room L they throw a bunch of brand new beasties at you.
I can't remember any of the names of the stages, which I'm guessing are listed out in the manual.  It's fitting the Pits of Madness are driving you nuts (mad?) though.  Good luck with beating it!  I was always impressed with that last boss.

LS650

I've been playing a lot of Military Madness lately.

geise

Last Turbo game I played was Bomberman "original"  Not the best Bomberman game but it's still my personal favorite.  I think it's nostalgia, but that's the one I played the most.  Even more so than 93 for some reason.