OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

Forgive me, friends, for I have sinned. I have not played any Turbo games in months. I've been meaning to play through Ys IV, now that it has been completely Englished, but I haven't gotten around to it.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

MrPoppy

Finishing up Ys IV, right at the last boss now. Looks like I've missed an item somehow, anyone know the whereabouts of the second to last item on the top row of the item screen, to the left of the elixir? I've done some searching around the net and on here but can't find anything. Not a big deal but I was going for a complete item screen.

Awesome game, by the way. I'd say it's my favorite of the Turbo Ys games.
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

MrPoppy

Quote from: MrPoppy on 09/09/2013, 02:19 PMFinishing up Ys IV, right at the last boss now. Looks like I've missed an item somehow, anyone know the whereabouts of the second to last item on the top row of the item screen, to the left of the elixir? I've done some searching around the net and on here but can't find anything. Not a big deal but I was going for a complete item screen.

Awesome game, by the way. I'd say it's my favorite of the Turbo Ys games.
Finished Ys IV! The last boss wasn't too tough. From the developer's room, it looks like the item I missed was the Crystal Bottle. More on that as I find out...

Hmm, what to play next...
Looking for:
US Pac-Land manual

RoyVegas

Playing Raiden as usual.   I've been able to get to the last level but have been unable to get to the final boss.  Almost there!
All is well. :)

hoobs88

Played a little Sapphire today to test out the TG-CD setup that I'm selling. The ship seems too big to dodge half of the stuff coming at you.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JapanTokei

Hoobs - I envy you!  I miss loading up my Sapphire and just blasting away! 

hate to admit it, but all my systems are boxed in the closet since moving to Tokyo.... can't even hook these up to play anymore with a 2 years running around and #2 coming soon... such is fatherhood in a small tokyo apartment ... sniff sniff.

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/10/2013, 08:14 PMPlayed a little Sapphire today to test out the TG-CD setup that I'm selling. The ship seems too big to dodge half of the stuff coming at you.

geise

Yeah, but you're a father which is a trillion times better than playing video games. :)

NecroPhile

And in a couple years you do both, playing Bomberman with the kiddos.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2013, 10:07 AMAnd in a couple years you do both, playing Bomberman with the kiddos.  :mrgreen:
i concur for bomberman 94 !

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/12/2013, 09:15 AMHoobs - I envy you!  I miss loading up my Sapphire and just blasting away!  

hate to admit it, but all my systems are boxed in the closet since moving to Tokyo.... can't even hook these up to play anymore with a 2 years running around and #2 coming soon... such is fatherhood in a small tokyo apartment ... sniff sniff.

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/10/2013, 08:14 PMPlayed a little Sapphire today to test out the TG-CD setup that I'm selling. The ship seems too big to dodge half of the stuff coming at you.
Do you have GT or Express you can use?  For HuCards at least :)  Gotta get the turbo in there somewhere.

Nec.Game.head

I've been playing Ninja Spirit the past 2 days. I'm stuck on the last part before the final boss. I just can't seem to figure out the pattern while free falling. I keep getting impaled by swords !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

roflmao

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 09/14/2013, 10:03 PMI've been playing Ninja Spirit the past 2 days. I'm stuck on the last part before the final boss. I just can't seem to figure out the pattern while free falling. I keep getting impaled by swords !!!
As soon as you go off the cliff, move to the left.  It still takes a bit of air dancing at first, but you'll get to an area near the left wall that is clear all the way down.

EDIT: Here's a video I recorded a little while back that shows the level. This starts right at the cliff jump:
I've been playing a ton of Spriggan lately.  I'm trying to 1cc it again with my dvd recorder going.  So far I've only been able to make it to the final boss.  Maybe I'll give it another go tonight. :)

Nec.Game.head

Excellent,  thank you for the pointer and link roflmao. I'm gonna give it another shot after my late night dinner. Good luck with your Spriggan completion recording ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

MrFlutterPie

I've been in shump heaven lately with the beautiful hat trick that is Soldier Blade, Gate of Thunder and Cotton :D

Nec.Game.head

I've been been playing a boot of Gates Of Thunder lately. That game is so freaking awesome! I really enjoy the insanely difficult game play and especially the great music. It sounds amazing blaring through a nice surround sound system. Gotta find me an original copy soon. Gonna continue on with my Ninja Spirit completion mission today ...

VenomMacbeth

Playing some Bloody Wolf courtesy of Jasonbar :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

CPTRAVE

Just passed Neutopia 2 (Awesome Game). And I recently passed Veigus Tactical Gladiator. (Awesome Game) took me a few days to pass this one. What next?  :-k

hoobs88

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 09/17/2013, 06:58 PMJust passed Neutopia 2 (Awesome Game). And I recently passed Veigus Tactical Gladiator. (Awesome Game) took me a few days to pass this one. What next?  :-k
I got stuck on the final boss of Neutopia 2. Got any advice on how to take him down?

geise

I love Neutopia II and am also in the process of playing through it again.  It's been years since I've played it.  Today though I've been playing Kabuki Itoryodan.

CPTRAVE

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/17/2013, 07:58 PM
Quote from: CPTRAVE on 09/17/2013, 06:58 PMJust passed Neutopia 2 (Awesome Game). And I recently passed Veigus Tactical Gladiator. (Awesome Game) took me a few days to pass this one. What next?  :-k
I got stuck on the final boss of Neutopia 2. Got any advice on how to take him down?
Yeah, Hit him once and run. Be patient, try to stay in the middle of the screen.

CPTRAVE

So whats the deal, did they make a Neutopia III? The ending said to be continued.

hoobs88

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 09/17/2013, 09:06 PMSo whats the deal, did they make a Neutopia III? The ending said to be continued.
It was never made but the Frozen Utopia team was working on a homebrew version if I recall.

seieienbu

Yesterday I finished Cotton.  I'm going to try to get a reasonable no-continue score and post it in the thread later tonight.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/17/2013, 07:58 PMI got stuck on the final boss of Neutopia 2. Got any advice on how to take him down?
If you have both potions, you can pretty much trade hits with him and he'll die first.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

neopolss

I plowed through lords of thunder last night.  Best run ever!  Earth armor is beyond destructive.

CPTRAVE

Earth Armor Huh :-k I have to try that.

neopolss

I usually use water armor because it covers front and back, but earth is so strng it wipes out most enemies before they even get to shoot.  Its especially effective in areas with ceiling and floor.  Only the last stage gave me trouble, it is poorly suited for moving backward in a stage.  It wipes bosses out in seconds tough.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ToyMachine78

Neutopia 1 for me as well. One complaint about this game... they overdid the secret rooms. It seems every screen in the over world has a hidden room if you burn a bush, push a rock, or bomb a wall. The labyrinths have way too many too. And why do so many of them look like houses with fireplaces and such? Lol

roflmao

Argh.  Still trying to 1cc Spriggan with the DVD recorder going.  Got soo close this evening:

PunkCryborg

Had some me time today, played Travel Epule, Hellfire S, Gradius II, and Pop'n Magic :D

RoyVegas

Still playing Raiden to try to 1cc it. one day......

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/21/2013, 10:33 AMStill playing Raiden to try to 1cc it. one day......
WAIT! You have been playing Raiden?  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/21/2013, 02:05 AMHad some me time today, played Travel Epule, Hellfire S, Gradius II, and Pop'n Magic :D
Pretty good lineup there.  I really enjoyed playing through and beating Hellfire S.

I played some Avenger, Metamor Jupiter, and some 2-player Forgotten Worlds last night.  My friend and I would have played some 2-player Metamor Jupiter, but I couldn't remember how to activate 2-player mode until after he left.    :-s

RoyVegas

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

roflmao

Ha!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Here's a link to the play-through:
In the description area I have links that jump to the start of each level.

Now I want to see if I can break 12 million points.  There are a few areas I know I could have done better on...

MrPoppy

Quote from: neopolss on 09/18/2013, 10:52 PMI plowed through lords of thunder last night.  Best run ever!  Earth armor is beyond destructive.
Gave it a shot with the Earth Armor and I finally beat this game as well! Usually I was switching armors based on the level, e.g. used water in the fire stage. I don't know if that is supposed to give you an advantage at all but that's always how I did it. Got to the last boss a few times but always came up short. Completely owned everyone just using Earth. Maybe I'll try and tackle some of the harder difficulties next.
Looking for:
US Pac-Land manual

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2013, 02:06 PMHa!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Now I want to see if I can break 12 million points.  There are a few areas I know I could have done better on...
Very nice play through ROFL. I just got this and did a little experimenting with the color combinations. I see you stick with red/blue though which seems like the playing it safe way to go with the shield like spinning weapon. Do you think you can reach your 12 mil goal with a more aggressive weapon set up?

roflmao

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/23/2013, 11:01 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/23/2013, 02:06 PMHa!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Very nice play through ROFL. I just got this and did a little experimenting with the color combinations. I see you stick with red/blue though which seems like the playing it safe way to go with the shield like spinning weapon. Do you think you can reach your 12 mil goal with a more aggressive weapon set up?
I love the red / blue because it's great offense and defense rolled into one.  Yes, it acts as a great shield, but it is so much more powerful than the 3-way shot you get along with it.  To make the most of red / blue, I think you need to get right up on the more powerful enemies in the game. 

I spent many years as a yellow / green fan because you can sit back and pretty much hit everything on the screen, but then you have to dodge a ton of bullets.  I often find myself getting lost when a teammate enters the screen.  I'll be killed and then realize I had momentarily confused my guy with the teammate.  And some of the backgrounds are so frantic, I find it hard to see what's going on all the time (those areas with the crazy-awesome water effects and  to a lesser degree the lava level).  With red / blue, I don't have to worry quite as much about something seemingly coming out of nowhere. Using it as an offensive weapon, rather than just as a bullet shield, can rack up the points, as long as you don't put yourself in a position where they can fire through it and hit you.

I think to hit that 12 million score, I need to use the flashing orbs less and be less sloppy on the bosses.  The hardest boss for me has always been the one that shoots out the lightning bolts, and I really shouldn't have died as much as I did on the other bosses.

Jabberwok

I'm about to play Shape Shifter again but unfortunately I will use the infinite lives/gems trick because with a game this hard I don't have the kind of free time I had when I was younger  :-({|= Still I play through it from time to time because I find it's atmosphere refreshingly old school & love it's corky story  :mrgreen:

Of course if you find the game dead easy then kudos to you sir!

JapanTokei

amazng game... makes me wonder why NEC didn't bring Spriggan and Nexzr over to the States.. those 2 titles combined would've destroyed the competition.. esp since Spriggan is not even SCD.. they could've brought it over early!!

these are 2 of my top fav shooters on the CD system :)

esteban

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/02/2013, 09:06 AMamazng game... makes me wonder why NEC didn't bring Spriggan and Nexzr over to the States.. those 2 titles combined would've destroyed the competition.. esp since Spriggan is not even SCD.. they could've brought it over early!!

these are 2 of my top fav shooters on the CD system :)

IIRC, Spriggan was definitely one of the titles TTi hoped to bring over to NA. I'm not sure if Nexzr was ever announced, but Spriggan was...

https://archives.tg-16.com/archive-four/TF-02-28.jpg

Note that ALL of those games were actually released, except for Dangerous Journeys and Spriggan (Working a Designs actually was bringing it over? Huh!)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

I tried to play Silent Debuggers tonight but yeah.....

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/18/2013, 12:52 AMI tried to play Silent Debuggers tonight but yeah.....
Give it another try it takes a bit to get into but is a really fun game.

I am playing Legend of Hero Tonma.   Man the first boss is tough.

YANDMAN

jj and jeff, Galaga 89 and super star soldier

Nec.Game.head

I've been playing a bit of New Adventure Island this past week. Haven't had any luck completing the entire game though. Gonna get back on it and give it another go later on this evening.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 10/20/2013, 01:47 PMI've been playing a bit of New Adventure Island this past week. Haven't had any luck completing the entire game though. Gonna get back on it and give it another go later on this evening.
Glad to see you're still obeying :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Nec.Game.head

I could never quit Obeying. It's the only console besides the Neo Geo I dreamed of owning as a kid and the fact I own one now has me pumped on it especially since this great place exist. This place keeps memotivated. I'm still working on trying to complete New Adventure Island. I just stared playing SydMead's Terraforming. My goodness is this game amazing! The gameplay, difficulty and especially music is just perfect. I'm currently stuck on level 3 but will be working on it until I succeed Terraforming greatness !!

Paddyfitz18

Planning on some Dragon's Curse this weekend.