10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

N00b question: What's this OBEY all about?

Started by Samuray, 01/09/2015, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuray

I'm sure it'll make perfect sense once someone explains is to me, bur for months I've been wondering what the deal is with the OBEY term when it comes to the Engine. What's the origin? What does it refer to?
And yes, I tried Google, but this seems to be very....low profile and specific. Enlighten me! :)

ClodBusted

IMG

jtucci31

Samuray

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 05:59 PMjust google it, man. seriously. the first link for "pc engine obey" will tell all.
I did previously, with that exact search string. I have no idea what I'm looking at there.

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 06:02 PMhttps://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6927.0
I still don't get it. Feeling like an idiot here. :/

Seriously, I'm not usually this slow....I'm probably looking at this totally wrong.

NecroPhile

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17215

Did you really search or did you try the first two results, not find an answer, and give up because 'searching is too hard'?

If you ask what Turbob means, I will ban you.  :twisted:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Samuray

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 06:12 PMhttps://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17215
Thank you! I'll take a good look at that.

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 06:12 PMDid you really search or did you try the first two results, not find an answer, and give up because 'searching is too hard'?
...really? I'm not one of 'those people', at least I don't think I am.
I did really search but this topic gets confusing fast.

I did not, however, search this forum directly because I figured it was full of "obey" references.
So....yeah.

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 06:12 PMIf you ask what Turbob means, I will ban you.  :twisted:
Now that you mention it... :)

Nah, it's okay. Although I was told that one should not hesitate to ask anything on here. But those memes could be a sore spot,

cjameslv

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

HailingTheThings

IMG

MrFlutterPie

One does not simply ask what obey is but instead obeys without question.

Gentlegamer

obeypcenigne.jpg

Go watch the film They Live
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Opethian

IMG

Joe Redifer

It's something that was created by fellow forum member Tatsujin who has taken his name from the mediocre PC Engine version of a game that's on multiple systems (how much can he really love the PCE if he does something like that?) He is a very celebrated member and people love him and everyone wants to have his babies. He is brain is kind of cross-wired making him very strange and he comes up with the most random and bizarre shit you could think of. That's probably why people love him, because he is so weird. He also likes monkeys I think. There is also some PC Engine thing that has to do with a monkey that the forum members here go crazy about all because of Tatsujin. He loves smoking as well. All of his PC Engines are yellow and his games smell of smoke. People have bought games from him and died of turbo cancer due to secondhand PC Engine smoke the next day. Look around and you will find at least two threads about people on this forum who have died. This is how they died.

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/11/2015, 05:50 PMIt's something that was created by fellow forum member Tatsujin who has taken his name from the mediocre PC Engine version of a game that's on multiple systems (how much can he really love the PCE if he does something like that?) He is a very celebrated member and people love him and everyone wants to have his babies. He is brain is kind of cross-wired making him very strange and he comes up with the most random and bizarre shit you could think of. That's probably why people love him, because he is so weird. He also likes monkeys I think. There is also some PC Engine thing that has to do with a monkey that the forum members here go crazy about all because of Tatsujin. He loves smoking as well. All of his PC Engines are yellow and his games smell of smoke. People have bought games from him and died of turbo cancer due to secondhand PC Engine smoke the next day. Look around and you will find at least two threads about people on this forum who have died. This is how they died.
I mean DAMN!!!!

EvilEvoIX

They prolly died as they didn't OBEY properly.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Sarumaru

People on the facebook Obey page think I asked this silly question.  :(

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/11/2015, 05:50 PMHe also likes monkeys I think. There is also some PC Engine thing that has to do with a monkey that the forum members here go crazy about all because of Tatsujin.
Exactly.   IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MrFulci

The first step, is buying some glasses, and watching, "They Live" (Has a recent Blu-ray release, by the way). After that, it all falls into place, this mess Tatsujin threw out there, years ago.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

NightWolve