10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Retro VGS Game Console

Started by Mathius, 03/28/2015, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

reminder for the future

/optx03.jpg

DemoPrototypeLOL.jpg
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NightWolve

Good one, finally saw that movie too!

SephirothTNH

Always good to see a Memento reference.  I need to watch that movie again; haven't seen it since it came out.  I always felt it was the type of movie I couldn't watch a second time but lately I've been thinking differently.

crazydean

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 03/11/2016, 11:00 PMAlways good to see a Memento reference.  I need to watch that movie again; haven't seen it since it came out.  I always felt it was the type of movie I couldn't watch a second time but lately I've been thinking differently.
I think it's better the second time. A well-made movie will have you finding details the second time around that you couldn't possible get the first time.

HailingTheThings

IMG

Bloufo

^^
That box looks good! A whole bunch of work must have gone into making everything.

o.pwuaioc

Loving the 8bit Rick Astley in background.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Otaking on 03/10/2016, 09:21 PMI can reveal the mysterious Mr Lee who was helping Mike Kennedy.
That's where Mr Lee has been hiding all these years, developing a retro cartridge based games console.
IMG
Mike is the BLACK ANGEL OF DEATH
or lee is just some guy from a famiclone factory in Shenzhen, PRC
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

wildfruit

HailingTheThings

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/12/2016, 12:22 PM"Unjust controversy..." lol
hehe

Quote from: wildfruit on 03/18/2016, 05:23 PMwhat horrible carpet and furniture
Hopefully intentional.
IMG

NightWolve

So the dream really did die and with it this thread... *sniff*

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Good bye RetroVGS/Coleco Chameleon...

xcrement5x

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/04/2016, 01:31 AMSo the dream really did die and with it this thread... *sniff*

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Good bye RetroVGS/Coleco Chameleon...
It's back NightWolve, didn't you see the news?!

http://www.geekade.com/newsfeed/2016/3/25/say-hello-to-the-retro-cd-o
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Psycho Punch

I feel like this is probably the final page so last one for good luck:

Quote from: ctophil on 09/07/2015, 03:55 PMI think the RETRO VGS is a great idea.  I've bought reproduction carts of classic games for the past 3 years, as well as homebrew games.  I love buying old NES, SNES, or Sega Genesis games that never got an English translation and then finding new life in a repro cart complete with box, manual, and poster fully in English.  I believe the RETRO VGS will be more than just a system for indie titles.  It could be a home for old classics receiving HD Remasters, a breath of fresh air for budding game developers to achieve their dream of developing for a classic system like the SNES, Genesis, or even the Neo Geo, and you can even develop new games that take advantage of the full capabilities of the RETRO VGS.

Just imagine Square Enix, Konami, and Capcom jumping on board to revive their classic Secret of Mana & Final Fantasy titles, Castlevania, or even Mega Man?  If they find the HD Remasters working out, maybe they will even develop original content.

Frankly, I'm tired of the "digital revolution," where everything is downloadable to your hard drive.  Sure, it's convenient.  But I WANT a physical instruction manual, collectible maps & posters, and decent artwork on my game box.  Mike Kennedy knows his RETRO business because he is developing a console that is striving to stay away from the digital world (no internet connection for updates and such).  20 years from now, I want the RETRO VGS to still function without needing some patch from the Internet, unlike the Xbox One where it tries to connect to the Internet for every little thing.  I can't even play Killer Instinct on Xbox One without it saying, "The Console needs to go online for a game update."  You can't even save the game without the update?!?

I haven't heard anything about the system's price yet until the Kickstarter next week.  I wouldn't judge its price just yet until the official announcement.  Please support the RETRO VGS if you can.  I think it will make a statement to the mainstream console manufacturers. 
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

elmer

Like any good horror flick ... just when we all thought that it was over, there's a final scene!  :lol:

Mike Kennedy has been posting on AtariAge this evening in an attempt to "protect his reputation" (and to drive the bus over another few of his previous colleagues).

It's a fantastical tale, well worth reading!  :roll:

esteban

Quote from: elmer on 04/04/2016, 11:37 PMLike any good horror flick ... just when we all thought that it was over, there's a final scene!  :lol:

Mike Kennedy has been posting on AtariAge this evening in an attempt to "protect his reputation" (and to drive the bus over another few of his previous colleagues).

This is a golden moment. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: elmer on 04/04/2016, 11:37 PMLike any good horror flick ... just when we all thought that it was over, there's a final scene!  :lol:

Yes!  Thanks for mentioning this.  I am a member at AA but don't visit very often.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

NecroPhile

Gotta link?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mickcris

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2016, 09:18 AM

Gotta link?
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/?p=3484040

jlued686

Holy crap...

Let's say everything he says it's true. You know...just for argument's sake. Bottom line: he's an idiot. A sucker and an idiot. Completely incompetent and foolish.

Seriously. What a buffoon.

NecroPhile

Exactly.  His story doesn't make much sense, even if you allow that he's mildly retarded and/or gullible in the extreme.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bloufo

"I have made the decision that my reputation is worth protecting..."

He was better off laying low. Whatever shred of reputation he may have had beforehand, is surely now dust in the wind.

CrackTiger

"Look, I understand that you have all thought for a long time now that I'm an idiot, but you must understand that I'm actually much more stupid than you could possibly expect!"
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jlued686

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/05/2016, 11:58 AM"Look, I understand that you have all thought for a long time now that I'm an idiot, but you must understand that I'm actually much more stupid than you could possibly expect!"
Ha! No shit!

IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2016, 03:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/05/2016, 11:58 AM"Look, I understand that you have all thought for a long time now that I'm an idiot, but you must understand that I'm actually much more stupid than you could possibly expect!"
Ha! No shit!

IMG
$7,000

SignOfZeta

I wonder if Sean "Lee" Robinson even exists, or if Mike dumped his body in a ditch 8 years ago after a bad deal and decided to use his criminal reputation as a scapegoat. The links he posted complaining about him aren't exactly exhaustive. Two look to be the same guy with a flaming hot 15 year old grudge.

It's an odd choice...telling a story like that to clear your image when the only way that would work is if we truely bought into his explaination of how amazingly stupid he is. Which is more believable? I don't know, probably the truth is somewhere in the middle.
IMG

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

VenomMacbeth

I can't believe I just read all of that...Jesus...

Interesting, though.  A couple people he name dropped weighed in.  Normally I hate drama, but this is like a soap opera.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/05/2016, 07:44 PMI can't believe I just read all of that...Jesus...

Interesting, though.  A couple people he name dropped weighed in.  Normally I hate drama, but this is like a soap opera.
I fell asleep last night trying to get through that thread. My entire commute to work this morning....well, I spent the entire time just finishing that thread.

As you said, it was worth because a few individuals directly involved in the drama weighed in with their experiences/version of reality.

BOTTOM LINE: Mike is a performance artist. This entire drama unfolded in several acts.

Theatre of the Absurd.

I am pleased that this newest Act was only presented after a *dramatic pause* of ~30 days.

Bravo.

(And to think that most folks think Mike Kennedy is a latter-day P.T. Barnum! He is ***so*** much more!)

VenomMacbeth

The juiciest thing to me is the apparent fact that this Sean "Lee" scam artist was involved far earlier in the debacle than was admitted by Kennedy.  Really leads me to believe that the whole thing really was a big con all along.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/06/2016, 04:18 PMThe juiciest thing to me is the apparent fact that this Sean "Lee" scam artist was involved far earlier in the debacle than was admitted by Kennedy.  Really leads me to believe that the whole thing really was a big con all along.
Kennedy didn't value actual professionals with actual skills.

So he tries to contract work with amateurs without proven resume.

An early team member (Clay Cowgill) revealed that he provided Kennedy with a "realistic" estimate for developing an early prototype of the console...along with a realistic timeline and development path.

This person departed (he had a real client to work with) and Kennedy ignored this guidance.

Just one of many, many abominable decisions made by my favorite artist of the absurd...Mike Kennedy.

Psycho Punch

I've read that giant text posing as an excuse, and from what I could understand, he either is

the dumbest person on the face of the earth

or

The dumbest and most incompetent liar on the face of the earth

Some people don't know when to stop. Not only did he made a hole he can't get out of but he had the brilliant idea to keep digging to try to get out of it. ayy lmao

edit
QuoteAnd please, don't let this mess carry over to the magazine. 
What a pathetic attempt at damage control lol. His magazine is awful and I ignored it since the Metal Slug debacle so it doesn't make any difference to me, but I'm sure that many will decide not to support the magazine anymore.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2016, 06:54 PMI've read that giant text posing as an excuse, and from what I could understand, he either is

the dumbest person on the face of the earth

or

The dumbest and most incompetent liar on the face of the earth

Some people don't know when to stop. Not only did he made a hole he can't get out of but he had the brilliant idea to keep digging to try to get out of it. ayy lmao

edit
QuoteAnd please, don't let this mess carry over to the magazine.
What a pathetic attempt at damage control lol. His magazine is awful and I ignored it since the Metal Slug debacle so it doesn't make any difference to me, but I'm sure that many will decide not to support the magazine anymore.
I know not of this debacle. Was it about an article published in RETRO about Metal Slug?

I gotta read some RETRO to see if I like the mag...

Mathius

Fill me in too please.

Psycho Punch

Otaking

Retro and Retro Gamer are different magazines.

Retro = Mike Kennedy.

Retro Gamer = Excellent long running British mag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Otaking on 04/06/2016, 09:12 PMRetro and Retro Gamer are different magazines.

Retro = Mike Kennedy.

Retro Gamer = Excellent long running British mag.
I had no idea lol. That's good to know. If you say it is excellent maybe they started being more careful with what's written in it, so I'll look for more of their articles.

Mathius

Yes Retro Gamer is an all around excellent mag. Retro sadly has dived straight into collectard territory featuring articles about the worth of games rather than talking up the virtues of the games themselves. I will say again though that Jeremy Parish's work with the mag is excellent journalism.

CrackTiger

Retro Gamer is good for foreigners to learn about Euro computer gaming. Its console coverage has always been not-so-great at best.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2016, 10:46 PMYes Retro Gamer is an all around excellent mag. Retro sadly has dived straight into collectard territory featuring articles about the worth of games rather than talking up the virtues of the games themselves. I will say again though that Jeremy Parish's work with the mag is excellent journalism.
I have mentioned this before, i am a big fan of parish's work. Love the retronauts podcast on long flights and his gamespite books were great.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/06/2016, 11:08 PMRetro Gamer is good for foreigners to learn about Euro computer gaming. Its console coverage has always been not-so-great at best.
I must agree with you on this. Japanese game/system coverage is lacking though getting Japanese developers to interview is a steep challenge for any westerner. The maker of Pac-Land was even quoted as saying that he is only allowed to give out so much information. What that actually means is a mystery to me.

elmer

There's a new Nostalgia SHIT video, yay!  :lol:

esteban

Quote from: elmer on 04/07/2016, 12:58 PMThere's a new Nostalgia SHIT video, yay!  :lol:
I can only imagine what this one will be like....

:)

Groover

This is so good. I'm really enjoying this all playing out.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: mickcris on 04/05/2016, 09:27 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/05/2016, 09:18 AM

Gotta link?
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/?p=3484040
Thanks. Will check it out later.

Quote from: elmer on 04/07/2016, 12:58 PMThere's a new Nostalgia SHIT video, yay!  :lol:
:lol: Turned to ISIS for funding ????

Psycho Punch

I like internet drama.

Bloufo

It's alive!

/211l24i.jpg

jtucci31

This working prototype was asking $12k at MGC! Insane!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock:

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2016, 11:00 AMThis working prototype was asking $12k at MGC! Insane!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock:
I bought it!!!

NightWolve

https://twitter.com/RETROVGS - 'Tis no more. :(

I had to move the "winning team" shot of Mike Kennedy and the old gang to my postimages.org account (here as well) as the RetroVGS Twitter account has been deleted, so all photo links derived from it were rendered broken - I cannot bear broken links... Thank you WayBack Internet archive for the recovery and...nevar forget!

IMG

Quote from: elmer on 02/02/2016, 08:19 PMBut what are they thinking? Perhaps something like this ...

[From left-to-right]

"God, I hope that nobody sees this. I'm only here because these idiots paid me to take the photos!"

"My butt-plug tickles!"

"God, I miss being a High School jock. Everyone used to love me. Please let me go back in time and do it again!"

"Who are these guys again? Crap, who cares anyway ... Good weed, man!"
One last encore presentation!