The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

just sat down and preordered ghost blade and Neo XYX for dreamcast.
we'll see when they actually come out...

VenomMacbeth

Freebies & trade swag, courtesy of some great guys from some dumb old forum...can't remember the name of it... :P

IMG

To those good fellows, I extend my eternal gratitude.  I've had much fun with all of these!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Snagged some LD movies a few days ago.  There are literally hundreds more, Anyone interested in me shopping for some?

/3het.jpg
/j0ii.jpg
/m25w.jpg
/hhab.jpg
/nvav.jpg
/fyrl.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Those three actors on the cover Hell Comes from Frogtown look so enthused.

turboswimbz

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/20/2013, 10:09 AMThere are literally hundreds more, Anyone interested in me shopping for some?
YES! yes I am :) shall I shoot you over  PM?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 08/20/2013, 11:21 AMThose three actors on the cover Hell Comes from Frogtown look so enthused.
That's Rowdy Roddy Piper man!  I've seen this movie too, and it's ridiculous.  If you get a list of LDs definitely post!  I'm really only looking for anime ones like PunkCryborg but obviously he's got dibs.  ;)

I did finally get my other box of goodies in, there was a couple LDs and nothing really to write home about except this!

IMG
2013-08-19 Japan Pickups - Asuka Langley Soryu Figure by xcrement5x, on Flickr

She's keeping me motivated at work right now.  And don't worry there are no dollfie pics or AV feet on Mega Drives coming from me.  :P

PS-Bonus points if you can tell who the other figure in the background is supposed to be!

munchiaz

picked up rayman 1 and 2 for ps1 for about $6 total, and the FF X-2 strat guide for $2 bucks from my local goodwill. They also had a Sony PVM monitor from 1998 there for $1, but it wouldn't power on

Mishran

Josh! I want that Ninja Turtles LD pronto! :shock:
Never knew they released them on laserdisc. Awesome pickups on the LD regardless.

As for me, I received my Hudson '93 music CD from ninjacastle on ebay last night. Not bad, but not overly impressive either. Great as a collectors item perhaps, but not for listening to. :roll:

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2013, 05:29 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/20/2013, 11:21 AMThose three actors on the cover Hell Comes from Frogtown look so enthused.
That's Rowdy Roddy Piper man!  I've seen this movie too, and it's ridiculous.  If you get a list of LDs definitely post!  I'm really only looking for anime ones like PunkCryborg but obviously he's got dibs.  ;)

I did finally get my other box of goodies in, there was a couple LDs and nothing really to write home about except this!

IMG
2013-08-19 Japan Pickups - Asuka Langley Soryu Figure by xcrement5x, on Flickr

She's keeping me motivated at work right now.  And don't worry there are no dollfie pics or AV feet on Mega Drives coming from me.  :P

PS-Bonus points if you can tell who the other figure in the background is supposed to be!
I didn't know he was in that movie. I met him last year. He's the nicest guy.

whisper2053

Lots of stuff picked up yesterday...everything that came in during the last two weeks while I was back in the states:

First up, old school goodness MVS gets...

/rjoq.jpg

Next: /v3sa.jpg

The KoF '94 cart came with the little mini-marquee, which was cool, and the final decals for my CMVS came in.

And lastly: /fokq.jpg

A couple of Genny 6-button pads, a kickass 3-way scart switchbox, scart cable for my X'eye, some saturn/DC/PSP games, Dark Wizard for Sega CD, Wizardry V for pce, and a home-made backup RAM cart pcb for the X'eye.

A grand day :D

Edit: Finally got the decals squared away on the CMVS. Finished product:

/yac2.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

TheClash603

Josh needs to start a thread with a list of LDs he can acquire!

ApolloBoy

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2013, 05:29 PMAnd don't worry there are no dollfie pics or AV feet on Mega Drives coming from me.
LOL
IMG

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/20/2013, 06:50 PMpicked up rayman 1 and 2 for ps1 for about $6 total, and the FF X-2 strat guide for $2 bucks from my local goodwill. They also had a Sony PVM monitor from 1998 there for $1, but it wouldn't power on
buy it anyway, i'll reimburse you.

SmaMan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/20/2013, 10:09 AMSnagged some LD movies a few days ago.  There are literally hundreds more, Anyone interested in me shopping for some?
I'd be interested in those RoboTech LDs! (PM?)

Anyway, this finally came in the other day!
IMG

Guess it's time for me to join the Famicom-World forums now?  :-k
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

SuperDeadite

Quote from: SmaMan on 08/21/2013, 09:29 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/20/2013, 10:09 AMSnagged some LD movies a few days ago.  There are literally hundreds more, Anyone interested in me shopping for some?
I'd be interested in those RoboTech LDs! (PM?)

Anyway, this finally came in the other day!
IMG

Guess it's time for me to join the Famicom-World forums now?  :-k
Just stay here, Famicom World is an absolute joke of a forum.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/21/2013, 10:22 AMJust stay here, Famicom World is an absolute joke of a forum. 
There's some cool tech stuff on fami world but other than that it should be renamed "chinese famicom hack world"

SmaMan

Duly noted. That site and its forums did come up in a few searches I was doing on AC/RF cord compatibility. It was quite helpful in that sense, but I've been to forums before that gradually devolve into chaos like that.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/21/2013, 10:22 AMJust stay here, Famicom World is an absolute joke of a forum. 
I find this is true with just about every other non-PCEFX video game forum

bob

Local Best Buy having a bit of a fire sale on games.

/turbo/bb1.jpg[/img]

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/21/2013, 12:49 PM
Yep. These forums are greater than the sum of its parts. This place is special like no other. We are unique, and for that I am proud.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: galam on 08/21/2013, 05:03 PMLocal Best Buy having a bit of a fire sale on games.

/turbo/bb1.jpg[/img]
You got robbed on the PS Vita Ridge Racer game.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/21/2013, 08:40 PMYou got robbed on the PS Vita Ridge Racer game.
Haha!  Especially since i dont have a vita.

Went back and did some more digging.
Added bonus: the price stickers come off as easy as a sticky note. No residue!

/turbo/bb3.jpg

EvilEvoIX

Just got these guys cheap off Craigslist.  Both games are OK, extremely nostalgic.  The boxing game has wonky controls but kept me playing. 

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 08/21/2013, 08:20 PM
Yep. These forums are greater than the sum of its parts. This place is special like no other. We are unique, and for that I am proud.
QET :!:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/20/2013, 10:09 AMSnagged some LD movies a few days ago.
/hhab.jpg
Find it funny that they already made fun about New Jersey BITD :lol:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/21/2013, 11:41 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/20/2013, 10:09 AMSnagged some LD movies a few days ago.

/hhab.jpg

The Nerd did a video with the creator of The Toxic Avenger.  He was quite zainy.
Find it funny that they already made fun about New Jersey BITD :lol:
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

SmaMan

Quote from: Mathius on 08/21/2013, 08:20 PM
I'm gonna agree with you there. I think this might be the longest I've stayed active with a forum community. Wow *sniff* it's been so much fun you guys!  :cry:

Nando

WindJammers FTW!

Haven't seen the GBusters 2 game before. I have played the NES version and it's REALLY good. What's the bottom left hand corner one with the kid and the fan and the monsters on the back?

dingsbums

Quote from: Nando on 08/22/2013, 11:22 AMWhat's the bottom left hand corner one with the kid and the fan and the monsters on the back?
That's Nangoku Shōnen Papuwa-kun, here is a video :).

whisper2053

Today's gets!

/iijr.jpg

The MK is actually a free scoop from a really nice guy on ebay who apparently digs the military, and the pad comes from our very own psychobear...many thanks dude for completing the X'eye family!
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/21/2013, 11:53 PMThe Nerd did a video with the creator of The Toxic Avenger.  He was quite zainy.
Yeah, I saw that one.  Zany is an understatement.  I'm sure that guy was on coke.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TheClash603

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/22/2013, 03:58 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/21/2013, 11:53 PMThe Nerd did a video with the creator of The Toxic Avenger.  He was quite zainy.
Yeah, I saw that one.  Zany is an understatement.  I'm sure that guy was on coke.
I waited in line at a hotel for 30 minutes one time and that guy, Lloyd Kaufman, was in front of me.  We ended up having a pretty good conversation, he was surprisingly insightful about movies and we talked about how his wife was the head of the NY Film Commission.

Anyway, you need to check out the original Class of Nuke Em High if you like Toxic Avenger.  It is one of my favorite teen movies of all time...  cause "you gotta stop crammin, and you gotta start rammin'"

whisper2053

PVR goodness!!!!

/rb5g.jpg

Finally!!

Initial test video:
IMG

VestCunt

Sealed Deion Sanders for 32X - $12
Then the fucker told me it was "out of stock" and issued a refund.
Topic Adjourned.

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 11:45 AMSealed Deion Sanders for 32X - $12
Of course it was out of stock!  Man do I hate sellers like that...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/24/2013, 01:45 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 11:45 AMSealed Deion Sanders for 32X - $12
Of course it was out of stock!  Man do I hate sellers like that...
Is this a good/fun baseball game? I've never played it. Not that I remember, anyway.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VestCunt

It's a solid game and I've been looking for a manual. It's also probably worth $200 sealed.
Topic Adjourned.

Sparky

Ya, its no tg16 or sega goodness but double dragon got my interest :)

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 11:40 PMYa, its no tg16 or sega goodness but double dragon got my interest :)

IMG
Very cool finds!  That TMNT Tournament Fighters will wipe the floor with Double Dragon V.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

bob

Yo Bro.
(Sorry for even mentioning it)

Drakengard 2 (ps2)
Luigis Mansion (GC)
for $2 each

MrFlutterPie

TMNT Tournament Fighter is one of my favorite fighting game ever!  I love that game so much.

PikachuWarrior

At a Milwaukee Goodwill:

Game and Watch (Mario Bros) in MINT condition....for...$.49 cents!
IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/26/2013, 12:25 PMAt a Milwaukee Goodwill:

dude post pics of stuff like that

xcrement5x

Quote from: VestCunt on 08/24/2013, 09:06 PMIt's a solid game and I've been looking for a manual. It's also probably worth $200 sealed.
Lol yea, at least $200.  I haven't been watching 32X stuff recently but that game was a solid hundo at least in CIB condition the last time I saw one.  He's got a lot of sealed 32X goodies, but it looks like most of them have crazy eyes prices.

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/26/2013, 12:28 PM

dude post pics of stuff like that
I cleaned it up and took the price sticker off asap so it wouldn't get residue on the label, but here are the after pics:

Pictures:

/n5dn.jpg
/7jnt.jpg
/gv3j.jpg

and original post on SegaAge:

wayback://segaage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=47&threadid=101519

Quote from: storino03WHAT I FOUND TODAY 4/14

Goodwill:

Turbo Grafx 16 w TurboBooster! (AV function on back, unlike the Plus model that has internal save memory)
-Turbo Controller
-Turbo Stick

-Legendary Axe
-Power Golf
-Fantasy Zone

Only downside, no AC adapter, but I have an extra one to test the unit on; the Turbo Stick has a piece loose inside so I have to open it up to check.

Grand total: $16!

EDIT: Everything works great and the residue on the Turbo Booster cleaned up nicely after I took the photo.

Also got two PS1 games for $.75 cents each (not shown in picture below):

-Fighting Force
-Twisted Metal 2

IMG

WHAT I FOUND TODAY 7/14

Goodwill:

NES (Toaster) Console
Orange Light Gun
NES Max Controller
NES Controller
AC Adapter

5 Games:

Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Jaws
Legend of Zelda (Gold)
Time Lord
Tiny Toon Adventures

Total for everything: $26

-----

There were a few more titles, but didn't want to spend too much. I already have both Zelda gold carts too

Pictures:
IMG
IMG
IMG

bob

I remember finding a perfect condition GBA that was packaged with a calculator and sticky notes at a thrift store.  It was on the "office supply" rack for 99 cents.
Your find is way better. Congrats!

I just snagged this on ebay
 http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261273222688

NecroPhile

I picked up a few more cheapy PSP games over the weekend: Bubble Bobble Evolution, Final Fantasy Tactics, Frantix, Mercury, Mercury Meltdown, Mimana, and Wipeout Pure.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jeffhlewis

which one? I trolled all of the ones close to downtown and NEVER got lucky. congrats man!