@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

ccovell

Yeah, you're right, it is from Turr.... wait, NO!  Your Jedi mind trick almost worked on me.  :roll:

guyjin

NecroPhile

Washed out silliness from It Came From The Desert?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

looks like some US crap.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ccovell

Okay, did a slight zoom-out...

/MysteryE.gif

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

_Paul

ccovell

_Paul

Try this one: /heavyunitbx3.gif

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2008, 05:00 PMTry this one: /heavyunitbx3.gif
My guess will have to go with Galaga '90.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

ccovell

That colour scheme looks familiar... but I'm not sure what it's from..... Darius?

_Paul

OceanBlueKirby

"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

kid_rondeau

NecroPhile

DJLobo

I'll guess Heavy Unit, since that's the name of the pic file and it kinda looks like the ship on the cover of the game.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

NecroPhile

Quote from: DJLobo on 10/17/2008, 01:34 PMI'll guess Heavy Unit, since that's the name of the pic file and it kinda looks like the ship on the cover of the game.
ARRRGHHHHH!!!  :lol:

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Quote from: DJLobo on 10/17/2008, 01:34 PMI'll guess Heavy Unit, since that's the name of the pic file and it kinda looks like the ship on the cover of the game.
All wrong and this particularly so. It was a deliberate ploy to name the file like that - consider yourself pwnd :)

Keep guessing!

ccovell

So, how about a hint, or something larger than 16 pixels across?

(Don't do 17 pixels...)

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2008, 07:05 PM
All wrong and this particularly so. It was a deliberate ploy to name the file like that - consider yourself pwnd :)

Keep guessing!
All right then. I shall guess Super Raiden, Soldier Blade, Godzilla, and the Space Invaders titles.

_Paul

Quote from: ccovell on 10/17/2008, 09:48 PMSo, how about a hint, or something larger than 16 pixels across?

(Don't do 17 pixels...)
It's a very, very famous game. A classic in fact.

Joe Redifer

Sparky

Tatsujin

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/18/2008, 11:48 AM
Quote from: kid_rondeau on 10/18/2008, 10:52 AMGalaga '88/'90, depending on which version you have?
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/16/2008, 08:25 PMMy guess will have to go with Galaga '90.
Quote from: guest on 10/17/2008, 04:56 AMNope, nope.
I guess he deleted his post after reading that I had guessed Galaga '90 before :P.

How about Space Harrier?

DJLobo

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2008, 07:05 PM

Keep guessing!
UGH! I knew it couldn't be that simple. How about Gradius or Salamander?
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

Tatsujin

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/18/2008, 03:13 PMI guess he deleted his post after reading that I had guessed Galaga '90 before :P.
yeah..it makes a lot of sense to delete ones own post, after someone quoted it already :idea:

kid_rondeau

Yes, I deleted my post in shame and humiliation after reading someone had already guessed...  :oops:

But seriously...yeah, I just thought it was appropriate.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyHow about Space Harrier?
Nah, I'd recognize that in a heartbeat.  So would Nat.  It would have been guessed by both of us before Sunteam Paul even lifted his finger from pressing the POST button.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/18/2008, 09:34 PM
Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyHow about Space Harrier?
Nah, I'd recognize that in a heartbeat.  So would Nat.  It would have been guessed by both of us before Sunteam Paul even lifted his finger from pressing the POST button.
Oh, fine :x! I'll guess some more titles if that's the case: After Burner II, Spatterhouse, and Populous.

_Paul

I think we should limit to one answer per post, otherwise people can just throw a list of random games out in the hope that one is correct.

However, DJLobo got it right, it is Gradius.

/gradius001wn9.png

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2008, 04:55 AMI think we should limit to one answer per post, otherwise people can just throw a list of random games out in the hope that one is correct.

However, DJLobo got it right, it is Gradius.

/gradius001wn9.png
I never would have figured. I guess I should be a little more careful when guessing the titles for the quizzes :P.

_Paul

This thread is sinking so here's another

/starparodiagc9.jpg

Tatsujin

damn i know this, but it won't come out

/mitemarnoldwosmiliesimhya0.png

Joe Redifer

One of the Valis games, maybe Valis 3?

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

_Paul

NecroPhile

ccovell

Looks like Time Cruise (II)

_Paul

All wrong so far.

This expanded shot should give the game away:

/titanxu1.gif

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

Yeah, that's the back of a Lamborghini Countach (or game clone version).

ccovell

I'm guessing Tatsujin got it slightly wrong and that it's really S.C.I.

_Paul

Tatsujin

yeah..because i knew that yellow lamb is in the H.Q.  O:)

teh next: /quiz1se5.png

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

oops, sorry..but it's not O:)