@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Altered Beast CD Freezes..

Started by blueraven, 11/10/2008, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Altered Beast Freezes and/or stops scrolling in every level when you gather the last power-up and morph into the beast(s).  :-s

I've got a PCE Duo.

This is a glitch, right? Is there a fix?  ](*,)

Thanks in advance...

Joe Redifer

You need the System 1.0 System card to prevent that.  You can still play the game... just as long as you NEVER turn into the beast.  That means you must encounter NEFF three times as a human.  Still way better than the HuCard version which is set on the WAY TOO HARD difficulty level.

Tatsujin

i think, no chance with a DUO.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/11/2008, 12:20 AMYou need the System 1.0 System card to prevent that.  You can still play the game... just as long as you NEVER turn into the beast.  That means you must encounter NEFF three times as a human.  Still way better than the HuCard version which is set on the WAY TOO HARD difficulty level.
Hmmm. Can you put a system card 1.0 into a Duo? I'm guessing not.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/11/2008, 12:31 AMi think, no chance with a DUO.
Thanks again guys.

Tatsujin

i'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0, which is already built-in. so the only way to go is via a cd-rom + syscard1.o. but may someone knows more precisely :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/11/2008, 12:57 AMi'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0, which is already built-in. so the only way to go is via a cd-rom + syscard1.o. but may someone knows more precisely :)
That makes sense, I'm guessing I'm going to have to bust out the Genesis to play this game again.  :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: blueraven on 11/11/2008, 01:21 AMI'm guessing I'm going to have to bust out the Genesis to play this game again.  :)
rarely but for this case, this would be the most wisely act which could be done.

shubibiman

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/11/2008, 12:57 AMi'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0,
I can tell it IS downgradable. Back in the time when I only owned a DUO, I played Altered Beast using a System Card 1.0 and it worked.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

WoodyXP

Quote from: shubibiman on 11/11/2008, 04:11 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/11/2008, 12:57 AMi'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0,
I can tell it IS downgradable. Back in the time when I only owned a DUO, I played Altered Beast using a System Card 1.0 and it worked.
Truth.  The boot screen even says 1.0.  I've done it with my RX, worked fine.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

Turbo D

I guess I should have spotted this thread before I gave advice in that other thread.  :oops:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

WoodyXP

Quote from: blueraven on 11/11/2008, 01:21 AMI'm guessing I'm going to have to bust out the Genesis to play this game again.  :)
Probably the best thing you can do.  Investing in a 1.0 card just to play a rubbish version of Beast isn't worth it, IMO.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/11/2008, 12:57 AMi'm not 100% sure on that point. but i thought the DUO is not downgradeable via inserting a lower systemcard than super system 3.0, which is already built-in. so the only way to go is via a cd-rom + syscard1.o. but may someone knows more precisely :)
I think it's more of an issue with the system card software than the ram of the hardware.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

Quote from: WoodyXP on 11/11/2008, 04:25 AM
Probably the best thing you can do.  Investing in a 1.0 card just to play a rubbish version of Beast isn't worth it, IMO.  8)
I ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: WoodyXP on 11/11/2008, 04:13 AM
Quote from: shubibiman on 11/11/2008, 04:11 AM
Truth.  The boot screen even says 1.0.  I've done it with my RX, worked fine.  8)
Wow. Thanks for the advice. I guess it IS possible.

Quote from: WoodyXP on 11/11/2008, 04:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing. If I can find a system card for cheap enough I will try it though. *whew*.

Thanks again everyone!!

Arjak

Quote from: turbo D on 11/11/2008, 03:24 PMI ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)
=D&gt;

Yeah, the Arcade version is by far the best. It has a fun ending that was cut from the Genesis version, and it has more voice work and special effects.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 11/11/2008, 04:09 PM
Quote from: WoodyXP on 11/11/2008, 04:25 AMProbably the best thing you can do.  Investing in a 1.0 card just to play a rubbish version of Beast isn't worth it, IMO.  8)
I was thinking the same thing. If I can find a system card for cheap enough I will try it though. *whew*.
For whatever it's worth, you can use a flash cart as a 1.0 system card.  I'm not advocating buying a flash cart solely for that purpose, but if you were to get one for other reasons, then you may as well use it to wise fwum yo gwave.

Quote from: Arjak on 11/11/2008, 04:11 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 11/11/2008, 03:24 PMI ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)
=D&gt;

Yeah, the Arcade version is by far the best. It has a fun ending that was cut from the Genesis version, and it has more voice work and special effects.
But, but, but.... it doesn't have parallax.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

=D&gt;

I agree completely. Do you have the arcade version set up in a cabinet, or are you playing it with a supergun?

Also, thanks for the tip, Necromancer, on the flash cart.

Joe Redifer

The arcade doesn't have parallax scrolling because it is not as powerful as the mighty Sega Genesis 16-Bit Video Entertainment System you crazy mofos!  They really tried to accomplish this in the arcade, but when they did the machine just kept blowing fuses so they had to take it out.  Only the Genesis is powerful enough to not blow a fuse (it uses a 17watt AC Adaptor... power beyond comprehension).  Oh my god the parallax in Altered Beast is sooo awesome.  If you haven't seen it yet, prepare to be amazed.  I was paralyzed for 3 days when I first saw it because the awesomeness is overwhelming.

Turbo D

Quote from: blueraven on 11/11/2008, 04:25 PM
=D&gt;

I agree completely. Do you have the arcade version set up in a cabinet, or are you playing it with a supergun?
IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

blueraven

Wow! Not what I was expecting! Very sweet!

*reaches into pocket for quarters...*

Tatsujin

thanks guys for checking. i have teh biggest bunch of syscards but never tried this out :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

blueraven

Yes, thank you all for the concrete solution and extra work on this one!  :mrgreen:

SNKNostalgia

Ahem!!! Genesis Collection PS2!!! Ahem.

You get the Genesis and Arcade version of the game. You have to unlock the Arcade version. It is funny how the Genesis one looks better with the BGs and the Arcade has better sprites. The enemies blow up in separate sprite pieces when you kill them.

blueraven

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 11/23/2008, 10:01 AMAhem!!! Genesis Collection PS2!!! Ahem.

You get the Genesis and Arcade version of the game. You have to unlock the Arcade version. It is funny how the Genesis one looks better with the BGs and the Arcade has better sprites. The enemies blow up in separate sprite pieces when you kill them.
Cool. How do you unlock the arcade version in the PS2 Collection?

Joe Redifer

Please list which other arcade games are on there as well, or you shall be BANNED!