RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Hey kids....

Started by Zeon, 01/07/2009, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeon

...can you identify every video game and video game related item in these pics?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Super bonus points for anyone who can tell me which arcade pcb that is sitting on the chair in the second to last pic  :wink:

albinoMithos

Oh there's someone's laptop (can be used for gaming) in the black bag with the green/turquoise straps in the 2nd to last pic

Joe Redifer

Those pics made me ill, and I'm not exactly a clean freak!

MotherGunner

Holy Crap, my Drill Instructors must be turning over in their graves! 

Have Swiffer, will Travel.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Tatsujin

cable spaghetti..yummy!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sensei

Can't identify any of the games but I think I have seen those pants before..

13BEAST

Damn son! You should be embarrassed to show your room looking like that to the public lol.

I see a Sega Saturn...lots of common stuff...I see an Intellevioce but no Intellivision. A Coleco Vision. A Gameboy memory card, I forget what the actual marketed name for it was. What appears to be a Neo Geo Pocket Color, but it's hard to tell since it's half hidden... And is that a Super CD-ROM 2?

Want to sell the box to that 3DO? I have an FZ-1 but no box :(

guyjin

I see a bunch of loose master system carts, but can't tell what most of 'em are because they're stacked on top of each other... a flaw it shares with the Turbo.

13BEAST

Quote from: guyjin on 01/08/2009, 12:29 PMI see a bunch of loose master system carts, but can't tell what most of 'em are because they're stacked on top of each other... a flaw it shares with the Turbo.
Atleast with the TG, it can be excused as a design flaw of the HuCard. There's no excuse for the N64, 5200, Jaguar, Master System or 32X.

Joe Redifer

I just keep 'em all in their boxes anyway.  Solves that issue.

Sparky

wow!!! i dont even no where to begin to look... but that's on big freak'n knot of cables there... jebus man can ya pick that up as one piece? :P

Alt-PyschoNintega

Wow did a tiger trash your room or something?
IMG

guyjin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/08/2009, 01:22 PMI just keep 'em all in their boxes anyway.  Solves that issue.
Yeah, it's crazy how many complete copies of Master System games you find, relative to complete NES games* - 'cuz the cases were actually useful once you brought 'em home.

*or Turbo games, since they tried to have it both ways, and the result was fragile.

quoth09

Even only 1/2 unpacked, my rooms look like a graceful swan compared to any of those photos, lol.

I'm guessing that PCB in the chair is non-jamma. Put up a better photo of it, it looks pretty thrashed.

You could just give it all to me and that would save you the trouble of cleaning any of it up  :P

rag-time4

Quote from: Zeon on 01/07/2009, 09:36 PM...can you identify every video game and video game related item in these pics?

IMG

Super bonus points for anyone who can tell me which arcade pcb that is sitting on the chair in the second to last pic  :wink:
That PCB looks an awful lot like Street Fighter (1987)

albinoMithos

Quote from: rag-time4 on 01/08/2009, 05:45 PM
Quote from: Zeon on 01/07/2009, 09:36 PM...can you identify every video game and video game related item in these pics?

IMG

That's not it....I'm the one with Street Fighter :P

rag-time4

Quote from: Mithos on 01/08/2009, 06:58 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 01/08/2009, 05:45 PM

IMG

That's not it....I'm the one with Street Fighter :P
Hmmm i'm 99% sure of it. I'm gonna hang in there til I hear from mr. Z himself

You were right Mithos... close though! (hint!)

Zeon

Lol, it was actually all neat and tidy for a bit...then i needed a certain power adapter.....after that i needed a video cable... needless to say this continued and consistently the cord i needed was the MOST tangled and hidden of the bunch, everytime. Then I just got real lazy and started putting stuff haphazardly in there, and have been very busy, so haven't gotten around to it. Would in reality only take an hour at most to clean up again :P.

Quote from: guyjin on 01/08/2009, 12:29 PMI see a bunch of loose master system carts, but can't tell what most of 'em are because they're stacked on top of each other... a flaw it shares with the Turbo.
Actually most of those are complete, their cases are on the big shelf i didn't take a good pic of. Rather than cause wear and tear on cases everytime i want to play a game, i just keep them all out in their separate stack.

Quote from: guest on 01/08/2009, 01:25 PMwow!!! i dont even no where to begin to look... but that's on big freak'n knot of cables there... jebus man can ya pick that up as one piece? :P
Yep sure can sparks, wanna see?  :wink:

Quote from: 13BEAST on 01/08/2009, 10:56 AMDamn son! You should be embarrassed to show your room looking like that to the public lol.

I see a Sega Saturn...lots of common stuff...I see an Intellevioce but no Intellivision. A Coleco Vision. A Gameboy memory card, I forget what the actual marketed name for it was. What appears to be a Neo Geo Pocket Color, but it's hard to tell since it's half hidden... And is that a Super CD-ROM 2?

Want to sell the box to that 3DO? I have an FZ-1 but no box :(
I have an Intv I and II, buried somewhere..., sorry the 3do  box is not for sale, it goes with my complete minty fresh FZ-1  :dance:

Quote from: quoth09 on 01/08/2009, 05:20 PMEven only 1/2 unpacked, my rooms look like a graceful swan compared to any of those photos, lol.

I'm guessing that PCB in the chair is non-jamma. Put up a better photo of it, it looks pretty thrashed.

You could just give it all to me and that would save you the trouble of cleaning any of it up  :P
It's jamma, though admittedly it's hard to tell in that pic, btw it's one of mine that i need to fix.

turbofan1

I was gonna make A smart ass comment about the way your room looked,but everyone else beat me to the punch.Some one else already commented on it,but what do you possibly use all those cables for?.

Sparky

Quote from: Zeon on 01/08/2009, 07:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/08/2009, 01:25 PMwow!!! i dont even no where to begin to look... but that's on big freak'n knot of cables there... jebus man can ya pick that up as one piece? :P
Yep sure can sparks, wanna see?  :wink:
haha... do it please!!! :P

Turbo D

His room ain't too bad, I can still see the carpet. :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

albinoMithos

Quote from: turbo D on 01/08/2009, 09:00 PMHis room ain't too bad, I can still see the carpet. :wink:
Come to my place mid-semester.  Not being able to see the carpet will be the least of your problems. :wink:

NecroPhile

Sheesh!  What a clusterfuck of a room.  :lol:

Why do you tease us by only showing the corner of your Turbo collection?  Are you ashamed of it?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Turbo D

Ya, quit teasing us. Also, show us the rest of that arcade cab!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

OldRover

I see a China Warrior sitting atop the core grafx + cdrom unit.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Alt-PyschoNintega

I see 3DO systems as ginormous paperweights. Same goes for Jaguar systems and CD-i systems.

FMV games is just...ewwww
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 01/09/2009, 06:31 PMI see 3DO systems as ginormous paperweights. Same goes for Jaguar systems and CD-i systems.
You shouldn't comment on anything you have not ever owned or have any personal experience with. You have zero experience with the systems, so the only knowledge you have is from or based upon biased hearsay of others or poorly conceived youtube videos, and no real hands on dealings with the library of titles released. The CD-I is the only one of the 3 with majority FMV content only based games, was technically the weakest of the 3 across the board period. It offered very little in the way of exciting or compelling game play other then a very few showcase titles like Burn Cycle, 7th Guest, or FlashBack ect, but none the less, it has enough to make it a worthy item to own to those interested in specifically those certain titles.

Oh, and you should make your sig smaller, try resizing it.

guyjin

I see 3 NESes. I know they aren't uncommon, but why so many?  :-k

rolins

Holy crap, that pile is taking shape before my very eyes, like Pizza-the-Hutt from Space Balls. We need to get you some plastic bins/drawers and 100pk of ties immediately. If you're not too careful that pile of cables will eventually developed into a sentient being and decide to take over your identity.  :lol:

Zeon

Quote from: guyjin on 01/09/2009, 07:01 PMI see 3 NESes. I know they aren't uncommon, but why so many?  :-k
Two of em were given to me and one i bought for $5 with 2 controllers, a zapper, hookups, and like 7-8 games. Oh and believe it or not i spent a couple of hours today untangling that entire mess of wires and tied em all up neat and tidy. So now all I need to do is clean the rest of the room.

Quote from: turbo D on 01/09/2009, 01:32 AMYa, quit teasing us. Also, show us the rest of that arcade cab!
You want some current pics of my collection? I'll see what i can do...

albinoMithos

Quote from: Zeon on 01/09/2009, 10:16 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 01/09/2009, 07:01 PMI see 3 NESes. I know they aren't uncommon, but why so many?  :-k
Two of em were given to me and one i bought for $5 with 2 controllers, a zapper, hookups, and like 7-8 games. Oh and believe it or not i spent a couple of hours today untangling that entire mess of wires and tied em all up neat and tidy. So now all I need to do is clean the rest of the room.

Quote from: turbo D on 01/09/2009, 01:32 AMYa, quit teasing us. Also, show us the rest of that arcade cab!
You want some current pics of my collection? I'll see what i can do...
I don't believe you.  That ball is untanglable! Lest you're Alexander The Great and even then you'd have to have a sword to cut the ball.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 01/09/2009, 06:31 PMI see 3DO systems as ginormous paperweights. Same goes for Jaguar systems and CD-i systems.
I don't recall the Jag having that many fmv games and only on the CD add-on; am I missing something?  The only ones that I recall are Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, and Brain Dead 13 (the first two are gems and I haven't played the third).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Ahh, I love the pile of wires in some of those pics!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

geise

At least those few Turbo games I saw were on the shelf and not on the floor.

Blammo

Is that an Intellivision II I can just about see in the first pic?

The original Next Gen console!  :)

Sparky

Quote from: Keranu on 01/10/2009, 03:10 AMAhh, I love the pile of wires in some of those pics!
me to......... i want a pict of him picking them as one entangled piece :)
Get on it Z!!!!

13BEAST

Quote from: geise on 01/10/2009, 09:09 AMAt least those few Turbo games I saw were on the shelf and not on the floor.
Don't forget about the few that are on top of the CD on the floor.
Quote from: Nintega on 01/09/2009, 06:31 PMI see 3DO systems as ginormous paperweights. Same goes for Jaguar systems and CD-i systems.

[-X I have 5 early CD-ROM based systems. 3DO, Jag CD, Sega CD M1, PSX and Saturn. I LOVE my 3DO. The only one I really can't find a game I like on is the Sega CD, the rest get played regularly.

guyjin

Quote from: 13BEAST on 01/12/2009, 10:15 AMThe only one I really can't find a game I like on is the Sega CD, the rest get played regularly.
Seriously? :shock: I know there's a ton of FMV crap, but there's good stuff on it - Sonic CD, flashback and Silpheed spring immediately to mind.

But what is there on the Jag CD that's any good?

13BEAST

Quote from: guyjin on 01/12/2009, 12:19 PM
Quote from: 13BEAST on 01/12/2009, 10:15 AMThe only one I really can't find a game I like on is the Sega CD, the rest get played regularly.
Seriously? :shock: I know there's a ton of FMV crap, but there's good stuff on it - Sonic CD, flashback and Silpheed spring immediately to mind.

But what is there on the Jag CD that's any good?
Sonic CD is OK, but I'd rather play Sonic 2 or 3.

I don't have Flashback on SegaCD, but I do have it and Out of this World on 3DO, and I don't like them. I don't have Silpheed, I'll have to check that one out.

To be fair, if I didn't hate jRPGs with an unholy passion, Lunar would probably be half decent. Sol-Feace isn't bad, per say, but compared to games like Blazing Lazers, Radiant Silvergun and R-Type, it hardly justifies existing.

So far, this is all I have for Sega CD:
1.Lunar
2.Night Trap
3.Prince of Persia
4.Sega Classics
5.Sherlock Holmes consulting detective
6.Sol Feace
7.Sonic CD
8.Stellar Fire

For Jag CD, Blue Lightning is decent, Primal Rage is good as far as fighting games go, but it'd be better if I had a quality joystick. Dragons Lair and Highlander are probably good if you're into RPGs. Vid Grid is an alright puzzle game, if you like the music (and I do)... Nothing particularly stands out as being great on the Jag CD, but it definitely has games that are playable.

geise

Dragon's Lair is an RPG?  :-s   For a couple sega cd games you might want to try Robo Aleste and Android Assault/Bari Arm.  Also if you're into action/rpg games go for Popful Mail.  I'm a crazy person though and like the pc-engine version better.  Regardless it's a great game.  Shining Force CD is also great.  Final Fight is a terrific home version of the arcade and has some nice music.  I like the uncensored Mega CD version  :wink:

13BEAST

Quote from: geise on 01/12/2009, 01:31 PMDragon's Lair is an RPG?  :-s
I donno, I don't touch anything based on medieval, Renaissance or basically any pre-WWII era stuff.

geise

What do you mainly play then?  That seems to limit the playing field to me.  BTW there are a bunch of nice games on the 3DO.  Night Trap was an amazing game.   :^o  The Sega CD version was even better.   :^o   I figured you'd be into japanese RPG's owning a pc-engine, tg-16, wild arms that i saw for ps2 on the shelf.  Any reason you hate em?  Too cliche?

13BEAST

Quote from: geise on 01/12/2009, 02:59 PMWhat do you mainly play then?  That seems to limit the playing field to me.  BTW there are a bunch of nice games on the 3DO.  Night Trap was an amazing game.   :^o  The Sega CD version was even better.   :^o   I figured you'd be into japanese RPG's owning a pc-engine, tg-16, wild arms that i saw for ps2 on the shelf.  Any reason you hate em?  Too cliche?
jRPGs are very juvenile and tend to repeat each other. A lot should be considered JPGs, just completely leave the R out. To be fair, the only RPGs I've liked were Fallout, Fallout 2, Deus Ex and Mass Effect. I like good platformers and goof shooter games. Sci-Fi can be fun, my favorite game of all time is probably Gears of War or Fallout 2.

On the Turbografx, I play Blazing Lazers, Bonk and Splatterhouse. I really am more of a collector than a gamer these days. I enjoy being surrounded by all these consoles that I didn't have when I was a kid. Honestly, my favorite part is connecting as many as I can at once. Right now, I have my 360, Game Cube, 2600, NES, SNES, N64 TG16, 3DO, Genesis/CD/32x and Jag/JagCD connected to one TV.

Yeah, Night Trap is pretty awful, but it's also rather uncommon so I'm ok with owning it :)

And I don't know what a wild arms is, but I got rid of my PS2 within a week of getting it.