@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

No correct guesses yet. Here's some more-
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/13/2009, 06:52 PMNo correct guesses yet. Here's some more-
IMG
El Camino del Tigre?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Still no correct guesses. Here's some more-

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

paladinken

IMG

CrackTiger

guyjin

r-type?

or maybe devil's crush?

spenoza

CrackTiger

Still no correct guesses.

CrackTiger

I'm bumping only so people will come see this new larger pic-

IMG

Keranu

I'm surprised no one's got it yet.

Psychic Storm? Ai Cho Aniki?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 03/15/2009, 11:09 PMI'm surprised no one's got it yet.

Psychic Storm? Ai Cho Aniki?
I also didn't think that it'd take this long. Even though I don't think too many people here have played it thoroughly enough to have seen this scene, it's still a major PCE game and nothing obscure.

Joe Redifer

With all of that brown goo it is clearly Toilet Kids™ even if you try to tell us that it isn't.

paladinken

IMG

awack

Ah man, i knew it from the first screen shot, i must have a fear of being told im wrong, thats the last boss from super darius 2...at  least i hope thats what it is.

Tatsujin

that at least would explain the purple/violet color in the explosions, which are quite uniqe and to find in the darius games.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: awack on 03/16/2009, 06:51 AMAh man, i knew it from the first screen shot, i must have a fear of being told im wrong, thats the last boss from super darius 2...at  least i hope thats what it is.
Bingo!

/pcessquiz9.png

spenoza

Well, it is one of the less typical Darius bosses in that it's a bit less fishy than most.

awack

Tatsujin

NecroPhile

Hmmm.... a middle east flavor, eh?  That looks too pretty for Sindibad, so how 'bout Exile?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

awack

paladinken

IMG

awack

OK, here is the entire shot minus the main character

IMG

NecroPhile

CrackTiger

Anearth Fantasy stories?

_Paul

awack

paul got it, its the G-boy.

_Paul

What's this then:

/whatisitv.jpg

paladinken

IMG

Keranu

IMG

_Paul

NecroPhile

Joe Redifer

It's a mountain in the distance with a cloud in front of it.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/19/2009, 05:55 PMIt's a mountain in the distance with a cloud in front of it.
I've never heard of that title before.  Is it a shmup?  :P

CrackTiger

Keranu

Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Looks like Jackie Chan.  Far too colorful to be Legendary Axe.

_Paul

Here's a little more of it:

/dynastichero2.jpg

CrackTiger

Monster Maker?

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/20/2009, 02:38 AMLooks like Jackie Chan.  Far too colorful to be Legendary Axe.
I was actually thinking that it was a long shot because it's not colorful enough.

/dynastichero2.jpg IMG

awack

Opening to Ys III when their climbing up the mountain.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guestI was actually thinking that it was a long shot because it's not colorful enough.
The pic on the left looks like pastels... like maybe a PC Engine game or something like that.  The pic on the right looks dark, like an asshole Genesis game.   Not that Legendary Axe is a Genesis game.  But still... point made!

But yeah, AWAK is correct.

_Paul

Quote from: awack on 03/20/2009, 08:25 PMOpening to Ys III when their climbing up the mountain.
Well done.
/introys3b192.gif

Tatsujin

awack

Sprite from what i think is a pretty impressive game.

IMG

Joe Redifer