2/13/2025: Localization News - Cosmic Fantasy 3-4!

Rather earth-shattering news in the PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 community: Cosmic Fantasy 3 & 4 has been officially localized to English by Edia 30 years later for the Switch! Hard to believe! I know their script quality is poor given the 1&2 port but still good to see.
nintendo.com/us/store/products/cosmic-fantasy-collection2-switch/
Main Menu

FINALLY a Saukra Wars game in the US

Started by nectarsis, 05/08/2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SignOfZeta

I've played 1-4 and loved them but never 5. Because of this I'll buy this English version for sure but I have the sneaking suspicion that it isn't very good.

Very reminiscent of Super Robot Wars games finally coming to the US, but only the OG series which is shit.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

yay now the Wii might not blow so hard
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperDeadite

ST5 is easily the worst game of the series.  It's full of really bad American stereotypes.  You've got the black lawyer that lives in Harlem, the poor starving Mexican orphan that lives in a warehouse at the pier.  And Taiga is lame, Oogami was a million times better.  The only thing I enjoyed about the game was Lachette.  Lachette is awesome and this the only time she appears outside of the movie.

Maybe they'll bring ST5:Episode 0 over here as well.  Episode 0 is sadly a lot better then the actual ST5 :(
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Dark Fact

Sorry, but this is a drop in the bucket.  Unless all of the games get brought over, what does this lone title hope to achieve?

And I'm skeptical about any kind of mass promotion for it either considering that the company that licensed this is more of a niche licensor that seems to be testing the waters. 

Or maybe I'm just bitter that only a few of the Growlanser games got brought over that were out of order and NONE of the Langrisser games had ever seen the light of day aside from the forgettable Warsong.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

SuperDeadite

Growlanser is getting a PSP port, maybe that will come over.  As for Langrisser, the better games have hours of spoken dialog and text.  Very few companies would invest the time and money into a game series that would sell terribly here.  Langrisser is a series that gets better the longer you play it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TR0N

Funny given how long the sakura wars anime has been out in the u.s.Now nisa manage to wrestle it from soa to do so.Maybe i'll check,it out when it does or i'll wait and see frist.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

Quote from: SuperDeaditeGrowlanser is getting a PSP port, maybe that will come over.  As for Langrisser, the better games have hours of spoken dialog and text.  Very few companies would invest the time and money into a game series that would sell terribly here.  Langrisser is a series that gets better the longer you play it.
The first Growlanser game? :-s

As for Langrisser, I pray that gets ported to either PSP or DS.  And if it does, that Atlus gets off their butts and translates it.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Dark Fact on 05/09/2009, 07:03 PMSorry, but this is a drop in the bucket.  Unless all of the games get brought over, what does this lone title hope to achieve?
Well it isn't a horrible idea. SW5 is the only game that takes place in the US, and therefore has a totally different cast. This was the same thing with SW3, which took place in France. Of course ST3 was fucking great and I can't find anyone to say nice things about SW5 so...we'll see.
IMG

SuperDeadite

ST3 is my favorite of the series.  Only ST game I completed 100%.  And I did it twice both DC and PS2 versions! Bringing all the ST games over would be difficult to do actually.  As the PS2 only has ST1Remake, ST3, and ST5.  The PSP has the original ST1 and ST2, but ST4 is still a DC exclusive game.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

termis

Played & finished part 1 & 2 on the saturn.  They were cool, but the strategy portion of the game (the main "playable" part, if you will) wasn't particularly stellar -- quite average, actually.  It was the character development and the overall production values of the game that made the series a memorable one.

I have ST3 & 4 on the DC, but I've yet to try them out...

DJLobo

I've heard of the series but have yet to play any of the games. I'll be following this, but I'm a little worried about NIS doing the translation. (Ar Tonelico II's bug comes to mind).
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

SignOfZeta

SW3 is really amazing. Its just as easy as the previous games but the production is fucking lush. Its one of the best Sega games ever, IMO. SW4 is more like an add-on disk. Its super super short (I think there are two battles) but it has an ending for every girl in the series, which is...a lot. I can't remember.

The best part about it is something Yoneda says in the ending that, IMO, encapsulated Sega at that point. Something about flowers blooming for only a short time or something like that. ST4 was the last Sega produced game for one of their own consoles (Puyo Fever came later, inexplicably, but SW4 was supposed to be the last) and for all we knew it would be the last SW game. Yoneda's statement seemed to be talking about the death of Sega, right when I was playing their last real game...got me a bit misty eyed, if I'm honest.
IMG

boogiecat

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/10/2009, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Dark Fact on 05/09/2009, 07:03 PMSorry, but this is a drop in the bucket.  Unless all of the games get brought over, what does this lone title hope to achieve?
Well it isn't a horrible idea. SW5 is the only game that takes place in the US, and therefore has a totally different cast. This was the same thing with SW3, which took place in France. Of course ST3 was fucking great and I can't find anyone to say nice things about SW5 so...we'll see.
Yeah its not a horrible idea at least NIS America decided to bring ST5 for the US market..Hope that other Sakura Taisen games would follow...

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Dark Fact on 05/10/2009, 11:43 AM
Quote from: SuperDeaditeGrowlanser is getting a PSP port, maybe that will come over.  As for Langrisser, the better games have hours of spoken dialog and text.  Very few companies would invest the time and money into a game series that would sell terribly here.  Langrisser is a series that gets better the longer you play it.
The first Growlanser game? :-s

As for Langrisser, I pray that gets ported to either PSP or DS.  And if it does, that Atlus gets off their butts and translates it. 
Yeah Growlanser 1 for PSP just came out yesterday.  It features two oringal characters, so I might just have to buy a PSP.  I played the original to death, truly fantastic game.  None of the sequals come close to the original game.http://gl.atlusnet.jp/index.html
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

boogiecat

I hope that Atlus would bother publishing an english version of that Growlanser 1 game on the PSP..