10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/27/2009, 04:21 PMCan we have a hint yet?
sure!

all of the given responses were wrong, and not even close :-D

in terms of hot and cold, youre all in Antarctica wearing no pants.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Far East Of Eden: Kabuki Den

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ccovell

Well, we're working on 42 pixels here...

Tatsujin

right. this crop is BS. make it some larger :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/27/2009, 09:32 PMright. this crop is BS. make it some larger :P
aww but that might make it easier and less of a kick in the nads.  Just what I suspected would happen with the guesses, happened!  :twisted:

fine fine. hold on

*fiddles around*

IMG

Joe Redifer

Arkhan Asylum

Tatsujin

it's so blured, i'm gettin' dizzy by watchin' at 8-[
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Joe Redifer

Looks like it's the top-left corner of the screen, anyway.

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

blueraven

bacteria

At this rate, someone is just going to post one pixel and ask people to guess  #-o
IMG
I AM the BacMan!

NecroPhile

Indeed; if Arkhan doesn't slap up a good hint in short order, I'm gonna send the poison ivy faerie around to spread it down to his nether regions.  :twisted:

P.S. - We have had a single color block o' pixels posted before, though that wasn't too difficult.

Arkhan Asylum

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

there were teeny ones like this before that got guessed!

IMG

is that good? :)

now its like, an instant frigging give away

blueraven

Arkhan Asylum

_Paul

Joe Redifer

I was going to guess Cosmic Fantasy 2 as well because of the dark palette.

ccovell

blueraven

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

guyjin

Arkhan Asylum

FraGMarE

Arkhan Asylum

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

blueraven

Keith Courage? Son Son II?

Arkhan Asylum

Tatsujin

blueraven

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/31/2009, 10:21 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 05/31/2009, 10:00 PMSon Son II?
lol.. how did you came on that one?
I played it briefly yesterday. There was a tree in it. Genji Tsuushin Agedama?

Arkhan Asylum

Tatsujin

lol..it's pure trial & error nonsense :lol:

Zeon

Looks like it could have come from Raiden. That or dragon slayer

DJLobo

Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

NecroPhile

Dungeon Explorer I and/or II?

Zeon

Hell it could be anything, there isn't anything that distinguishes it...at all. All we see is what looks to be some ground texture and part of a building, and ark's expansion of the pic certainly hasn't revealed anything useful or looks like much of anything. It's like taking a picture of a grassy field, and asking someone to identify what place in the US it came from.  :roll:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Zeon on 06/01/2009, 04:24 PMHell it could be anything, there isn't anything that distinguishes it...at all. All we see is what looks to be some ground texture and part of a building, and ark's expansion of the pic certainly hasn't revealed anything useful or looks like much of anything. It's like taking a picture of a grassy field, and asking someone to identify what place in the US it came from.  :roll:
Indeed.  That's why I keep asking for a hint, not more pixels.  Come on Arkhan, narrow it down by genre or something; we're obviously stumped by this unexceptional pile o' pixels.

Arkhan Asylum

lol >< its an RPG

thats all I can really say!

i did enjoy that all the first guesses were racing games, just like I hoped with my trickery!  :twisted:

Its not a cosmic fantasy, and its a turn based one

Tatsujin

Zeon

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2009, 08:58 PMlol >< its an RPG

thats all I can really say!

i did enjoy that all the first guesses were racing games, just like I hoped with my trickery!  :twisted:

Its not a cosmic fantasy, and its a turn based one
You know that's REAL helpful considering the sheer volume of turn based rpgs on the pce. In fact I figured it was either an rpg or a shooter (of which the pce has tons of) Going back to my analogy, it's like saying said grassy field in the picture in somewhere in the Great Plains. Not too helpful is it?  [-(

Arkhan Asylum

Ok, its an RPG noone guessed yet.  :-"

If I stretch the viewable space anymore itll give it away because youll either just see more of the same, or the characters, lol.

I guess here is another hint: is not Fantasy themed.

Zeon

Can't be Cyber Knight could it?

Arkhan Asylum

Zeon

It must be a cd game, or some stupid obscure rpg I haven't played. Either that or some popular in Japan, but not so much in America game, like the momotarou games

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!