PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

gun to your head

Started by Gogan, 06/03/2009, 01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gogan

I have seen a lot of threads about favorite tg game... of all time-genre-year-etc. They are all fun to read, but I noticed people list several games, which is fine as we all love more than one. But I pose this scenario...you are being robbed of your collection with a gun to your head, and you are able to save only one game for yourself. Which one will it be?
Nothin beats the real thing.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Nazi NecroPhile

Probably my S.E. version of Meteor Blaster DX, as it would be the only one that I couldn't really replace.  Either that or any ol' CD game, so I could then throw it with such vehemence that the intruder would be decapitated.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

If you mean "pick only one absolute favorite" and not, "which game is best to keep to avoid rebuying when you start over"... then TM/FEOE Fuun Kabuki Den. 8)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Nice thread Gogan.  There have been a number of times over the years where favorite game threads and Top Five lists have attempted to impose strict limits so people don't list every god damn non-terrible game they own.  I don't think any of them have ever worked; people always weasel out of it and start including lists of honorable mentions and other bullshit.  Putting an imaginary gun to their head may well be the only way!

Black Tigar's question is good.  Assuming this is a "desert island" scenario and money is not the issue, I'd probably go with Dungeon Explorer 2 - not the best game in the world, but these days I only really play with friends and multiplayers have good replay value.
I'm a cunt, always was. Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/03/2009, 01:59 PMwinds of thunder
Hey!  Go back to the PCE/SGX board.  We don't take kindly to imports around here!   [-X

 :wink:
I'm a cunt, always was. Topic Adjourned.

Turbo D

lol @ vestcunt's comment. But ya, It's all about teh AirZonk. Yup, that is what I would save, dessert island or not. It's my fav game for the system.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Nazi NecroPhile

Quote from: turbo D on 06/03/2009, 04:37 PMlol @ VestCunt's comment. But ya, It's all about teh AirZonk. Yup, that is what I would save, dessert island or not. It's my fav game for the system.
No doubt made of tasty cookies, delicious pies, and the finest chocolates.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Leave me with a copy of Exile II: Wicked Phenomenon.

 [-o< Exile III..........................

Turbo D

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2009, 04:50 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 06/03/2009, 04:37 PMlol @ vestcunt's comment. But ya, It's all about teh AirZonk. Yup, that is what I would save, dessert island or not. It's my fav game for the system.
No doubt made of tasty cookies, delicious pies, and the finest chocolates.  :D
rofl, you got me. Idk what it was, the 1-2 hrs. sleep I got last night, or all those gay Nintendo game I played as a child. Such great examples being SMW's donut plains, vanilla dome, soda lake. Or maybe it was Mario Kart's big donut, frappe snowland, choco mountain or sherbert land. hahahaha. Remember there are two s's in dessert because dessert is soooo sweet. There you have it guys, a learning machine!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2009, 04:35 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/03/2009, 01:59 PMwinds of thunder
Hey!  Go back to the PCE/SGX board.  We don't take kindly to imports around here!   [-X

 :wink:
winds or lords of thunder either will do  :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

VestCunt

#11
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/03/2009, 05:20 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 06/03/2009, 04:35 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/03/2009, 01:59 PMwinds of thunder
Hey!  Go back to the PCE/SGX board.  We don't take kindly to imports around here!   [-X

 :wink:
winds or lords of thunder either will do  :lol:
Uh oh...now you're listing more than one game, an obvious violation of the rules for this thread.  I call for an immediate ban on HardcoreOtaku.
I'm a cunt, always was. Topic Adjourned.

RoyVegas

I'll go with Might and Magic III.  Mainly because I haven't got a chance to play it yet.  From what I hear, it takes so damn long to actually finish it that I would probably be able to replace my entire collection before I actually beat it.
All is well. :)

blueraven

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2009, 07:34 PMI'll go with Might and Magic III.  Mainly because I haven't got a chance to play it yet.  From what I hear, it takes so damn long to actually finish it that I would probably be able to replace my entire collection before I actually beat it.
I have that for the PC, and its so f***ing long you can play for 15 hours and have to start over.

Heroes of Might And Magic is as addictive as Warcrack, I warn you.  :mrgreen:

Joe Redifer

I'd let him shoot me.

Arkhan Asylum

#15
Quote from: blueraven on 06/03/2009, 07:39 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2009, 07:34 PMI'll go with Might and Magic III.  Mainly because I haven't got a chance to play it yet.  From what I hear, it takes so damn long to actually finish it that I would probably be able to replace my entire collection before I actually beat it.
I have that for the PC, and its so f***ing long you can play for 15 hours and have to start over.

Heroes of Might And Magic is as addictive as Warcrack, I warn you.  :mrgreen:
I love might and magic III but it is not my favorite game on the PCE since I prefer the Xeen saga of M&M more...

if I was being robbed of my collection and could only save one game I would save Exile II! because the rest of the games I have will be easy to find after I get my insurance check to replace everything.

especially cosmic fantasy 2.  Theres only 39884093834 copies for 5$ new on ebay, :)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gogan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/03/2009, 08:11 PMI'd let him shoot me.
I like that.




I personally would choose the 4-n-1 CD. "Only 1 disc", but has my bonks, bombers, and a giant spoonful of shooter!    :dance:
Nothin beats the real thing.

Vic Viper


Mathius

It's a hard choice between Air Zonk and Ys Books I and II. I am going with Air Zonk. Infinite replay value, baby!! :dance:

exile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/03/2009, 08:11 PMI'd let him shoot me.
I guess you couldn't live without your collection? :-({|=


My vote goes for Final soldier Man I could play that game forever