RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

I know!  Chris drew it up in the Tsushin Booster Graphics Editor.  You sneaky little monkey.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ccovell

Heheheh, how'd ya guess... so wrongly?

Okay, I'm like literally giving it away here!

/MysteryL.png

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

Hmmmm... still too vague.  Could you post the jewel case with instructions, etc?  Or perhaps a link to its Wikipedia page?

_Paul

shubibiman

Haven't I given this answer some posts before?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ccovell

Kai Serd is it!

And no, nobody had guessed it at all.  Boy, did that take a long time.  I guess I declare victory over this thread.  :dance:

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 08/12/2009, 11:42 AMI guess I declare victory over this thread.  :dance:
Totally :)

I hope this isn't too difficult...

Game AGame B
IMGIMG

To make things interesting, after identifying each game individually, please explain the relationship / connection between the two screenshots. Ooooo, that's a hint, isn't it!?

HINTS:
1. The games are from different genres.
2. X
3. X
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shubibiman

Game 2 is Appare! Gateball!

shubibiman

Quote from: shubibiman on 07/24/2009, 02:19 PMOops, didn't see your answer.
I think I got it : Outlive!
Oh man! I mixed those 2 games!

Arkhan Asylum

hey ! I won so I get to post a thing

lol!

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ccovell

The first one is Fighting Street, right?

2. They're both ending scenes
3. They're both primarily shots of the sky.

p.s. Go ahead Arkhan.

CrackTiger

If that second shot really is from Gateball, then the biggest thing they have in common is that they're two of the worst and/or least fun/popular PCE games (and I'm a fan of Fighting Street). :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2009, 03:36 PMhey ! I won so I get to post a thing

lol!
I'm sorry. I know I just jumped in here. Do you forgive me?  =P~

I was worried that this was going to be too difficult for you guys :). I'm glad it wasn't.

Game A: Fighting StreetGame B: Appare! Gateball
IMGIMG
I'm booking my next trip to California on HuAIR! The toughest team in Gateball, AKA "The HuGEES"

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/12/2009, 03:07 PMGame 2 is Appare! Gateball!
Correct :)

Quote from: ccovell on 08/12/2009, 05:36 PMThe first one is Fighting Street, right?

2. They're both ending scenes
3. They're both primarily shots of the sky.
Yes. I give you points for both. :)

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2009, 08:08 PMIf that second shot really is from Gateball, then the biggest thing they have in common is that they're two of the worst and/or least fun/popular PCE games (and I'm a fan of Fighting Street). :wink:
1. You get points for providing a qualitative explanation of the relationship. Mr. Covell stuck to the facts (literally), whereas you explained the essential NONFUN these games embody.

2. Unfortunately, nobody earned TOP PRIZE for pointing out that both screenshots demonstrate what Hudson loves to insert in games: self-referential monikers! HuAIR and the HuGEES! Woohoo!

3. Did anyone find the hidden message from the HuGEES?

Arkhan Asylum

lol ill make one up when i get home from work:)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/14/2009, 08:45 AMlol ill make one up when i get home from work:)
Christonafuckingcracker!  Are you still stuck at work?!?  :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

yeah oops.

ok, someone else can fill in for me. I forgot.

blueraven

It's OK, But if I were you I'd make sure that 2 weeks solid at work isn't breaking labor laws.  :-s

Here you go:

IMG

:mrgreen:

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

blueraven

_Paul

blueraven

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

That looks like a fighting game to me.  I'll just throw this out there: World Heroes?  I have no idea why I picked THAT particular fighting game, but oh well.

blueraven

Quote from: turbo D on 08/28/2009, 02:07 AMYs 3?
Nope

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/28/2009, 02:53 AMThat looks like a fighting game to me.  I'll just throw this out there: World Heroes?  I have no idea why I picked THAT particular fighting game, but oh well.
Nope. It's not a fighting game  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

i'm so certainly sure, i've seen those purple rocks before ](*,)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

shubibiman

Arkhan Asylum

blueraven

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/28/2009, 04:08 AMi'm so certainly sure, i've seen those purple rocks before ](*,)
:mrgreen:

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/28/2009, 04:23 AMTenchi O Kurau?
Good guess, but no.

blueraven

I'm adding teh UBER BONUS hint...  :shock:

IMG

I may be giving it away.  :-#

_Paul

blueraven

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YES!

IMG

One of the games that I played on teh Magic Engine back in teh day.

Good Guess!

=D&gt;  8) :twisted:

_Paul

The slope gave it away.

Here's one:

/bikkuri001.gif

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2009, 07:47 AMThe slope gave it away.

Here's one:

/bikkuri001.gif
Easy.

Appare! Soft Cream

Next...

ccovell

Seems unlikely, but Skweek?

_Paul

Quote from: ccovell on 08/29/2009, 11:08 AMSeems unlikely, but Skweek?
Not as unlikely as you think. Well played.

/skweek001.png

ccovell

Okay, here we go: /MysteryM.png

blueraven

Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu?

_Paul

The style makes me think of Zipang.

ccovell

Yep, it's the password screen from Zipang.  You win.  :x

_Paul

Hoorah!

Next one:

/dload2.gif

blueraven

NecroPhile

_Paul

NecroPhile

It truly is VolfieV this time.  You sneaky bugger!  :D

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/31/2009, 03:27 PMIt truly is VolfieV this time.  You sneaky bugger!  :D
Haha! Correct!

/volfiedj003.png

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2009, 04:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/31/2009, 03:27 PMIt truly is VolfieV this time.  You sneaky bugger!  :D
Haha! Correct!

/volfiedj003.png
DOH! Of course i missed this :)

blueraven

8-[                                                                        

IMG

NecroPhile

Oops, I guess I waited too long to post up a new one.  Ya snooze, ya looze!

How's 'bout Cosmic Fantasy 4?

_Paul