@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What Video gaming posters/artwork is on your wall.....

Started by Sparky, 01/10/2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Soooooo me brothers and sisters, what type of gaming artwork/posters/signs are on your video gaming walls? where ever that may be i am sure theres something video game related stuck up :) For myself i only have 2 tingsl....

This was a poster that came with Myth II which i played on my Mac back in the day.
Fucking loved the series and the artwork so it had it framed.
IMG

Right place at the right time for this sign, one of my printers was doing some signs for sony and this one was a throw out, looked good to me so i grabbed it and ran :P
IMG

love to see what other have..... maps, posters, signs what have ya... just gaming goodness for the walls :)

shonenx

You're Already Dead !!!

Sparky

shonenx

You're Already Dead !!!

ccovell

The walls in my game room are a little eclectically-decorated.  Most of the posters are just test prints from my printer, but I do like the pics that I chose.

MyWall1.jpg
MyWall2.jpg

esteban

I use HuCards as tchotchkes to decorate my kitchen counter...

IMG

The more tchotchkes the better, I say.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

I have an Ys 4 poster on my wall that came with the Ys 4 Perfect Selection soundtrack CDs (arrangements of Ys 4 PC Engine CD music!).  I used to have a Sega Star Trek arcade poster in the same spot.  I only had it hanging up because of the giant SEGA logo.  Oh, and my After Burner wall-sized poster:

posters4-AfterBurner.jpg

Ninja Spirit

I have a framed Final Fight and World Heroes 2 marquee.

TheClash603

Funny, I also have a final fight marquee... and scores of other crap!

Arkhan Asylum

im going to have to take pictures. of my walls. its mostly Working Designs posters, and tons of anime stuff, lol. 

every wall is covered with stuff!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/11/2010, 02:22 AMOh, and my After Burner wall-sized poster...
Joe, I love that poster. Plus, it's so goddamned pristine--no wrinkles, no visible folds, etc.

Only a Sega poster could make me forget about the unfortunate paneling* on the wall!

* I grew up in a house with a gratuitous amount of paneling, identical to the type in your picture.

Joe Redifer

Why do you think the poster is up? Underneath the paneling are 2x4s, they didn't even bother with drywall, lazy fucks.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/17/2010, 07:34 PMWhy do you think the poster is up? Underneath the paneling are 2x4s, they didn't even bother with drywall, lazy fucks.
Understood. I keep telling my mom I'm going to show up and rip out the paneling and put up drywall. This is the sad bit: She like the paneling because she says it is easier to clean than a painted wall.

"But it is so damn ugly," I plead.
"I love this paneling," she responds, with full sincerity.
"Damn."

guyjin

wood paneling should be mandatory for any retro-game room. (sadly, I don't have any.)

_Paul

Nothing any more, but years and years ago I had this rather controversial poster up on my wall. I'm pretty sure the magazine had a few complaints after giving this one away.

/poster010449112.jpg

RoyVegas

I can see why that might bring them a few complaints.  No complaints on my end but I'm sure some parents had a shit fit.
All is well. :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/19/2010, 06:27 PMI can see why that might bring them a few complaints.  No complaints on my end but I'm sure some parents had a shit fit.
Agreed.  Fur is murder, so they really shouldn't be promoting it in such a way.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

What the hell is she wearing on her head?  And why?

I like how the guy is fully armored and protected, but the bitch must show tons of skin, even if that makes her even more vulnerable to enemy fire.  By the way, there sure is a lot of space between that dude's eyes.

ccovell

NecroPhile, you're awesome.  You posted the exact same joke I was going to type in.

guyjin

Quote from: ccovell on 01/19/2010, 07:21 PMNecroPhile, you're awesome.  You posted the exact same joke I was going to type in.
Yay groupthink!

8-[

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/19/2010, 06:30 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/19/2010, 06:27 PMI can see why that might bring them a few complaints.  No complaints on my end but I'm sure some parents had a shit fit.
Agreed.  Fur is murder, so they really shouldn't be promoting it in such a way.
hahha.. for a minute there i thought he had some fur on his upper lip... :P silly me

TheClash603

The only food you can eat while hooded is red rope licorice?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2010, 05:38 PMNothing any more, but years and years ago I had this rather controversial poster up on my wall. I'm pretty sure the magazine had a few complaints after giving this one away.
What a coincidence! I received several complaints after hanging this poster on my wall:

game_over.jpg

Tatsujin

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

I just got the frames for these tonight so I haven't hung them up yet.  First, the video gaming posters:

/wallstuff003.jpg

Then for the artwork, well not really artwork but their pretty cool.  Uncut sheets of cash that I got from the mint on a trip to Washington.

/wallstuff006.jpg

oldskool

Love the posters guys..   "Big money vegas",  I love the Lords of Thunder poster, it's epic goodness.

Joe Redifer

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/09/2010, 04:29 AMHow much did those money sheets cost?
I recently received a catalog from the US Mint that had a few Bureau of Engraving and Printing stuff as well, so here ya go: $72 for a sheet of $1s, $117 for a sheet of $2s, and $259 for a sheet of $5s.

ccovell

Jeez, cutting paper must be the only job in the world that pays -$40 as a standard salary...

NecroPhile

Quote from: ccovell on 03/09/2010, 09:46 AMJeez, cutting paper must be the only job in the world that pays -$40 as a standard salary...
Or $99 to cut the $5s.  They must be a bit trickier.

On a side note: I get the annual coin sets, so I pay 'em ~$23 to trap ~$7 worth of coins in plastic.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 03/09/2010, 09:42 AMI recently received a catalog from the US Mint that had a few Bureau of Engraving and Printing stuff as well, so here ya go: $72 for a sheet of $1s, $117 for a sheet of $2s, and $259 for a sheet of $5s.
That may be the newer prices but I paid $55 for the sheet of $1s, $90 for the sheet of $2s and $199 for the sheet of $5s.

/Sheetroll001.jpg

NecroPhile

They've really jacked up their prices in years past.  I used to pay about $20 for the coin sets, but now they're $30.

esteban

I agree with oldskool: the Lords of Thunder poster (which I have never seen before), is really nice.

:)