RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

runinruder

Nope. 

Just so it's on the current page, here it is again:

IMG
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Otaking

Gokuraku! Chuka Taisen ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Momotaro Dentetsu Turbo II

offsidewing

Spaceballs 3: The search for the Second movie.

runinruder

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

_Paul

Ultrabox (insert number here)

runinruder

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

runinruder

ccovell

runinruder

Nope.

It's a CD-ROM game.

Ceti Alpha

Bubbles, Ricky, and Julian - otaku  :lol: =D&gt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

Paper Wario?

ASIDE: Hey, did you get the PM I sent you ~week ago?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

_Paul

Is anyone even close yet or are we all miles off?

runinruder

IMG

Here are some hints:

1) Again, it's a CD-ROM game.
2) It was never released in the US.
3) According to PCEDaisakusen, Tatsujin, HardcoreOtaku, and shubibiman all have the game in their collections.  That should really help narrow it down, since those guys have hardly any games at all.   :wink: 

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

exodus

_Paul

runinruder

Actually, it's a digital comic sort of game, though PCECP classifies it as something else.

blueraven

CrackTiger

I wouldn't be able to monitor the thread if I posted a new pic. Instead of giving the answer and passing my turn off to someone else, here's a huge hint-

/pqq.png
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ccovell

That's a huge hint???!?

The game is obviously titled "Hindu Nightmare Heisei Duo Ban"

Or Ranma / Something like that.

blueraven

Quote from: ccovell on 03/22/2010, 06:43 PMThat's a huge hint???!?

The game is obviously titled "Hindu Nightmare Heisei Duo Ban"

Or Ranma / Something like that.
LMAO

Super Peach Boy Densetsu?

runinruder

Haha, nice find by Justin.  :)

I'll give another huge hint in response to one of blueraven's guesses: It's a better game than Yawara 2.

Though that doesn't really eliminate anything at all...

esteban

Son Son III: Brahma's Gonna Get Your Mama?

_Paul

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 03/28/2010, 02:44 AMSon Son III: Brahma's Gonna Get Your Mama?
LMAO

was just reviewing my notes for a class in Far Eastern Religion when you posted this.

Emerald Rocker

Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

_Paul

Let me guess...it's a well known game but you only get to see this screen if you complete it on one credit 3 times in a row with a score of exactly 47993 on a Tuesday before tea time.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/30/2010, 12:36 PMLet me guess...it's a well known game but you only get to see this screen if you complete it on one credit 3 times in a row with a score of exactly 47993 on a Tuesday before tea time.
May I ask what the precise time for tea is, in your particular neck of the woods?

Here in northern New Jersey, tea time = ANYTIME. Literally.

NecroPhile

Tea time is whenever Mr. T says it is.  :wink:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/30/2010, 01:23 PMTea time is whenever Mr. T says it is.  :wink:
Tru dat. Tru dat.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 03/30/2010, 12:36 PMLet me guess...it's a well known game but you only get to see this screen if you complete it on one credit 3 times in a row with a score of exactly 47993 on a Tuesday before tea time.
oh,Image fight!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Emerald Rocker

I know!  It's got to be Jungle Bros.!

NecroPhile

Is it from one of the Pachio-Kun games?

esteban

Emerald Rocker

Is there a reason that people aren't guessing digital comics?  I mean really, did people think the hints were lies or something?

My real guess (the others were jokes) is HIMITSU NO HANAZONO NO LEGEND.  That picture looked like Urushihara art to me!

esteban

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/03/2010, 08:07 PMIs there a reason that people aren't guessing digital comics?  I mean really, did people think the hints were lies or something?

My real guess (the others were jokes) is HIMITSU NO HANAZONO NO LEGEND.  That picture looked like Urushihara art to me!
I never really got into any of the Digital Comics, so, therefore, I continue to guess titles that I've played :)

There is a twisted logic to it.

Give us a hug.

_Paul

ccovell

Kagami no Kuni no Legend?

runinruder

_Paul

Can you get any more obscure than that?

runinruder

Quote from: guest on 04/04/2010, 09:40 AMCan you get any more obscure than that?
Probably, considering that...

1) Black Tiger and Zig both managed to dig up the answer (but gave you guys hints instead of revealing it).

2) You yourself recently presented a screen from a game (CD Battle) that has fewer owners and ratings on daisakusen than Kagami.

Just because you and a few other guys here were stumped doesn't make it unfairly obscure.  It was a large image from an important scene in a game that, again, is owned by a decent number of people.