@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

TurboExpress: A Momento (unboxing film)

Started by PCEngineFX, 04/05/2010, 10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Remembering the NEC TurboExpress portable video game system in true pcengine-fx.com style, we present to you an unboxing in true cinematic style - enjoy!
TurboExpress: A Momento
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

RoyVegas

Pure quality as always.  Great video!
All is well. :)

NecroPhile

Well done, good sir.  I especially like the 'made possible by the original management of Turbo Zone Direct'; forget those Red Frog bums!

P.S. - Is there a downloadable version available?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineFX

Joystiq was kind enough to post up the TurboExpress unboxing film!  Thanks Joystiq!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/06/the-turboexpress-lovingly-unboxed/

And yes Nec - had to give credit where credit was due :)  What downloadable format would you like the film in?
IMG

esteban

I just shed a few tears.

I am not quite sure why.

But I did.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Quicktime, ProRes 4444 codec please.  :)

Just kidding, I don't think they have that over "there", so Windows Media will do fine.

PCEngineFX

LOL!  Oh man, don't get me started.  I just had to purchase a codec to edit a Sony XDCAM HD ProRes 4:2:2 project.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Who is selling that?  ProRes is just an intermediate codec!  Oh well, at least you can use it now, so that's what counts.  ProRes is the one of the best formats to edit in.  I transfer all of my Canon 7D footage to ProRes for editing.

Alt-Nintega

*sniff* That was soooo beautiful. T_T

Joe Redifer

The music makes me want to cry.  It's so nostalgic... remembering back to days when portables didn't have touch screens, tilt sensors and cameras... all they had were the games.

Would love to see the CD-ROM2 unboxed.  Should have unboxed that Magical Chase while you had it, the internet would have exploded!

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/07/2010, 05:52 PMShould have unboxed that Magical Chase while you had it, the internet would have exploded!
Heck yeah!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 04/06/2010, 09:05 PMWhat downloadable format would you like the film in?
Raw Dalsa in full 4K.....  :lol:

Windows media is fine; I don't really care, as long as it's playable on something other than that piece of poop known as Quicktime.

Joe Redifer

Actually, Quicktime is far more versatile than Windows Media.  Windows users have kind of a gimpy version of it, so for them Windows Media is fine.  I actually play WMV files in Quicktime.  If I used Windows as my main OS, I'd play both Quicktime and WMV files in VLC, because the Windows Media Player kind of sucks ass.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/08/2010, 02:33 PMWindows users have kind of a gimpy version of it, so for them Windows Media is fine.
Yes, I should've clarified that I was talking about Quicktime for Windows.  It's everything that Apple zealots like to mock about Windows: bloated, unstable, resource hungry, and insecure.

Joe Redifer

I hear you can't even download Quicktime for Windows without also downloading iTunes, which is completely lame.

jperryss

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/08/2010, 03:48 PMI hear you can't even download Quicktime for Windows without also downloading iTunes, which is completely lame.
Not sure, but you can't download iTunes without also downloading Quicktime.

They try to sneak Safari in there also, but it is optional.

PCEngineFX

Link is only temporary so download it while it's HOT.

1080p24 Windows Media: http://www.chronicleproductions.com/temp/TurboExpress_A_Momento_1080p24.wmv (102MB)
IMG

Joe Redifer

Got it!  I am surprised that you chose 24fps instead of 23.98 which the 5D Mark II shoots at.  Did you conform the footage to a new frame rate before editing?

NecroPhile

Woo-hoo, I nabbed it.  Thanks, Aaron.  :D

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/15/2010, 02:43 AMGot it!  I am surprised that you chose 24fps instead of 23.98 which the 5D Mark II shoots at.  Did you conform the footage to a new frame rate before editing?
Of course.
IMG

guyjin

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 04/06/2010, 09:05 PMJoystiq was kind enough to post up the TurboExpress unboxing film!  Thanks Joystiq!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/06/the-turboexpress-lovingly-unboxed/
"We've never been so thrilled to see five seconds of Keith Courage in Alpha Zones." :lol:

phipscube

PCEngineFX

Thanks phipscube!  Much appreciated.
IMG

Retrocool

I really need to get another one of these.  1) When I was young, I abused it so its in bad condition and 2) now my buttons are not working any more as well ..I cry
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

Nec.Game.head

Wow very awesome video !!! Watching that video made me even more proud that I recently fixed 2 expresses for the first time that were giving to me over a decade ago all broken with no sound or video .. GOTTA LOVE ALL THE NEC TURBO PRODUCTS AND THIS RADICAL SITE !!!  =D>
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Waterclocker

Great video!!  So glad I picked one up from TZD back in the day!  Still have it in minty condition, but it has a dead/stuck pixel, grrr!
My Channel - Pickups, repairs, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CollectingRetro

Needs more OBEY, but I'm working on it.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Waterclocker on 02/27/2015, 04:00 PMGreat video!!  So glad I picked one up from TZD back in the day!  Still have it in minty condition, but it has a dead/stuck pixel, grrr!
Thanks for the comment!  It was one of my really old videos, but still cool.  Can't do one now as all of my TE's have bad screens :(
IMG

shonenx

Amazing video as always Aaron !! this might be my favorite one, the shot between the bag and the handheld was fantastic and spine shivering !! Thanks for all you hard work as always !!!!  =D> =D>
You're Already Dead !!!