The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Quote from: oldskool on 06/03/2010, 02:51 AMGrats Roy! 

I'll buy that Magical Chase off ya for $5.
Two whole collections?  I can't even finish my one.  Weak!

henrycsc

Great photo Roy - love the cigarette lighter.  So I take it you're going to smoke the Magical Chase manual first.  I prefer smoking Soldier Blade because Magical Chase tastes like menthol to me.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Sparky

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2010, 01:14 AMMy new Turbo Hu card collection came in the mail today.
jesus... where the hell did you snag these with another magical chase?
And whats the big Roy plan for these? let me know so i can judge you :P

hell of a grab Roy

Mathius

Holy sh*t Roy :shock: Never saw anyone buy a whole collection before. Well, um, I got Parodius Da! today.... :cry:

RoyVegas

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/03/2010, 08:17 AMI prefer smoking Soldier Blade because Magical Chase tastes like menthol to me.
I actually smoke menthols, so MC tasting like menthol is totally fitting.

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2010, 10:15 AMjesus... where the hell did you snag these with another magical chase?
Your favorite place, eBay.

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2010, 10:15 AMAnd whats the big Roy plan for these? let me know so i can judge you :P
Plan is to hang on to them.  Don't hold me to that forever as I do reserve the right to change my mind.  Judge me, don't kid yourself Sparky, you've never judged me before...    :lol:
All is well. :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2010, 12:44 PMPlan is to hang on to them.
Why would you want two complete sets?  One open set and one sealed set makes a modicum of sense, but two open sets is just plain dumb.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

The intention when I bought them was actually to resell them and keep the Magical Chase but break even on cash.  Then when I got them, I reconsidered.

oldskool

It makes some sense really.  Keep the boxed set put away with the games inside.  Keep the new set to use as the ones to play.  That way you are not in and out of your boxes all of the time to play a game.

NecroPhile

It doesn't make any sense to me; just leave them out of the box.

oldskool

Yeah I suppose you could do that.  But think of it this way, the extra set could be used as backups.  They way the boxed ones are not getting all scratched up, used, and abused.

I dunno, I'm just trying to come up with reasons to justify an extra collection..   :-"

NecroPhile

Quote from: oldskool on 06/03/2010, 02:33 PMI dunno, I'm just trying to come up with reasons to justify an extra collection..   :-"
There's only one reason to have two complete sets: because you want to have two complete sets.  Any other rationalization is just bull.

Sparky

whatever... reminds me of a kids book i use to read.... but hey i dont judge :P

IMG

RoyVegas

Obamas president now.  When the redistribution of wealth happens there will be plenty of Turbo to spread around, no worries.

TheClash603

Got them on ebay?  How did I miss this auction?

Well, I will continue to slug my way towards my last four games...

I understand why you post the pics of guns now, two complete turbo collections could stir up some violence!

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/03/2010, 05:51 PMGot them on ebay?  How did I miss this auction?
I believe it was up for a matter of minutes.  Timing is everything, sometimes.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2010, 06:07 PMI believe it was up for a matter of minutes.  Timing is everything, sometimes.
This......

TheClash603

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2010, 06:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/03/2010, 06:07 PMI believe it was up for a matter of minutes.  Timing is everything, sometimes.
This......
$2 grand for a whole hu-card collection is pretty fair.  You could offer me a reasonable price on Chase HQ's manual because it is my birthday?

Question is, if another such collection appears, do you buy it Roy?  It seems we may have a second guy throwing off the MC supply and demand (if the original guy rumors are true).

RoyVegas

I actually paid $1800 as when the MC got here the manual was pretty crumpled up and the staples had been moved and restapled.  I got a $200 refund for that..

I have no idea what I'll do in the future Clash.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Ceti Alpha

My R4 Revolution i for the DSi arrived the other day, as did my Splash Lake from wmac.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

blueraven

Sorcerian Arrived, in great shape, and is better than the PC version I remember as a youngster.

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2010, 06:40 PMI have no idea what I'll do in the future Clash.
No doubt you'll continue to subtly fuck over the community.  :|

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2010, 09:24 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2010, 06:40 PMI have no idea what I'll do in the future Clash.
No doubt you'll continue to subtly fuck over the community.  :|
Yeah, whenever I find a good deal on eBay I should definately pass it up.

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/04/2010, 10:35 AMYeah, whenever I find a good deal on eBay I should definately pass it up.
Nope - buy it all and horde it.

My preciousssssssssss.

RoyVegas

So your suggestion on what I should have done would have been what Necro?

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/04/2010, 11:13 AMSo your suggestion on what I should have done would have been what Necro? 
Take a guess.  I assure you it doesn't involve buying and keeping games for which you have zero practical use.

RoyVegas

I'm not one for guessing NecroPhile, I know what your insinuating however I would prefer if you spelled it out for me.

Sparky

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/04/2010, 10:35 AMYeah, whenever I find a good deal on eBay I should definately pass it up.
No Roy, no one is saying that but come on... horde it away?!!! for what?... answer me that?

This is a quote from you on your TG16/Duo collecting reference guide...
".......i'd also like to thank the folks at www.pcengine-fx.com and www.digitpress.com forums for selling and trading me games and other items that I've needed."

well come on Roy, how about helping others that helped you.... i know a crazy thought eh!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2010, 12:39 PMNo Roy, no one is saying that but come on... horde it away?!!! for what?... answer me that?
When I'm ready to sell it I will (maybe that will be tomorrow maybe it wont), I'm not on yours or anyone elses timetable.

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2010, 12:39 PMThis is a quote from you on your TG16/Duo collecting reference guide...
".......i'd also like to thank the folks at www.pcengine-fx.com and www.digitpress.com forums for selling and trading me games and other items that I've needed."

well come on Roy, how about helping others that helped you.... i know a crazy thought eh!!!
Who said I haven't helped some of those people back?

hoobs88

Just got this JVC stereo with GPS and Bluetooth installed in my car.  :dance:

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ceti Alpha

Nice hoobs. You just need to mod your GPS so your car/plane looks like the ship from Nexzr.
IMG

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

/100_2803-1.jpg

Gamestop with the deals;

Mario Galaxy 2  $10 off, and a $20 coupon
Glory of Heracles  $10.99 with a $10 coupon  :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Zipang.... and people say that the US cover art sucks.  :lol:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2010, 05:41 PMZipang.... and people say that the US cover art sucks.  :lol:
Just imagine if they ported that game to the US...
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/04/2010, 06:18 PMJust imagine if they ported that game to the US...
They'd change 'em out for a couple of urban cowboys in full gear.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2010, 06:20 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/04/2010, 06:18 PMJust imagine if they ported that game to the US...
They'd change 'em out for a couple of urban cowboys in full gear.
:lol:
IMG

rag-time4

hoobs88

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/04/2010, 04:25 PMlol..are you a plane?
The GPS icon can be either a car or a plane so I naturally chose the plane.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Tatsujin

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/05/2010, 01:26 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/04/2010, 04:25 PMlol..are you a plane?
The GPS icon can be either a car or a plane so I naturally chose the plane.
I see :)

are there no buildings where you live? :)

gekioh

Allthough I technically didnt buy it today, my english translated Secret of Mana 2 SNES cart came today, from gamereproductions.com. I would post a pic, but im at the hospital since my wife and I just recently had our 3rd child)and the computer I am using(but probably shouldnt be hahaha lol)doesnt have an apparent USB port. Im using the hospital computer in our room that the nurses use to order/apply/and check on medication dosages for patients etc etc lol. I figured out how to use internet on this thing and now im on it. hahahahahahahaha lol(im a bad naughty boy [-X). Oh and today I picked up Revenge of Shinobi CIB on Genesis, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 1 and 2 on nes(cart only), an Aborted t-shirt(The Goremageddon cover art), an At The Gates t-shirt, Fright Night on VHS, a Skeletonwhich cd(awesome black metal-thrash band) all 4 issues of the Dark Realm comic mini series on Image Comics, and 3 issues of Preist at Goodwill all for under $30. Sweet finds and a great score if ya ask me.

nectarsis

Quote from: gekioh on 06/05/2010, 03:02 AMAllthough I technically didnt buy it today, my english translated Secret of Mana 2 SNES cart came today, from gamereproductions.com. I would post a pic, but im at the hospital since my wife and I just recently had our 3rd child)and the computer I am using(but probably shouldnt be hahaha lol)doesnt have an apparent USB port. Im using the hospital computer in our room that the nurses use to order/apply/and check on medication dosages for patients etc etc lol. I figured out how to use internet on this thing and now im on it. hahahahahahahaha lol(im a bad naughty boy [-X). Oh and today I picked up Revenge of Shinobi CIB on Genesis, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 1 and 2 on nes(cart only), an Aborted t-shirt(The Goremageddon cover art), an At The Gates t-shirt, Fright Night on VHS, a Skeletonwhich cd(awesome black metal-thrash band) all 4 issues of the Dark Realm comic mini series on Image Comics, and 3 issues of Preist at Goodwill all for under $30. Sweet finds and a great score if ya ask me.
Pics of teh lil or it didn't happen  :wink: :lol:

CONGRATS BRO :) :)

nectarsis

Not bad for $20 for both brand new.

/100_2854.jpg

Mathius

Quote from: gekioh on 06/05/2010, 03:02 AMAllthough I technically didnt buy it today, my english translated Secret of Mana 2 SNES cart came today, from gamereproductions.com. I would post a pic, but im at the hospital since my wife and I just recently had our 3rd child)and the computer I am using(but probably shouldnt be hahaha lol)doesnt have an apparent USB port. Im using the hospital computer in our room that the nurses use to order/apply/and check on medication dosages for patients etc etc lol. I figured out how to use internet on this thing and now im on it. hahahahahahahaha lol(im a bad naughty boy [-X). Oh and today I picked up Revenge of Shinobi CIB on Genesis, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 1 and 2 on nes(cart only), an Aborted t-shirt(The Goremageddon cover art), an At The Gates t-shirt, Fright Night on VHS, a Skeletonwhich cd(awesome black metal-thrash band) all 4 issues of the Dark Realm comic mini series on Image Comics, and 3 issues of Preist at Goodwill all for under $30. Sweet finds and a great score if ya ask me.
Welcome to fatherhood ver. 3.0 :wink: Oh, and I will have to look up that SNES reproductions site.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/04/2010, 05:16 PMIMG

Gamestop with the deals;

Mario Galaxy 2  $10 off, and a $20 coupon
Glory of Heracles  $10.99 with a $10 coupon  :lol:
yo nect! hows zipang?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JapanTokei

Snagged the this rare FACEBALL non-for-sale toughie as part of a pack just this morning:

IMG

Tats - what is the background on this?  I know you were looking for it as well... unlike the other non-for-sale demo discs/hucards, I have not been able to get much information on this demo disk.

chop5

what i scored last week except for the snes carts came in the mail saturday:

IMG

all from a thrift store,i feel like i went to a hardoff  :P
All together except the snes carts was $38 and all working fine,a few bolts missing on the twin stick case but i can find a replacement when i go to menards.

That dreamcast stick is a oddity. used for flight sims but it has programmable buttons so i think i can use it for fighters.
The saturn was region modded by its previous owner.
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

BlackandBlue

Quote from: chop5 on 06/07/2010, 08:21 PMwhat i scored last week except for the snes carts came in the mail saturday:

All together except the snes carts was $38 and all working fine,a few bolts missing on the twin stick case but i can find a replacement when i go to menards.

That dreamcast stick is a oddity. used for flight sims but it has programmable buttons so i think i can use it for fighters.
Awesome score on that saturn!
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

JapanTokei

Nice score indeed!  defintely Hardoff feeling! 

Quote from: chop5 on 06/07/2010, 08:21 PMwhat i scored last week except for the snes carts came in the mail saturday:

IMG