RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Ha!  I also went through Riot Zone over the weekend.  I used Hawk; who'd you play as?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

With the help of Allah, Clear #31!! Gradius clear!!

I cleared this one on NES 10-15 years ago, first time clearing the PC Engine version! Now I can go after Gradius II guilt-free!!! :twisted:

IMG IMG

rag-time4

With the help of Allah, Clear #32!! Akumajou Dracula X clear!!

Even my wife said this game was worth the money! 'Nuff said!!

Got 100% Clear

IMG
And all babes saved!

IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/08/2010, 12:08 AMEven my wife said this game was worth the money! 'Nuff said!!
Hahaha!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

blueraven

Clear #11:

Flash Hiders / フラッシュハイダース

IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Story mode cleared shortly after removing the Priority Mail Box. Excellent fighter! 9 of 10!

rag-time4

With the help of Allah... Clear #33!! Spriggan clear!

Ceti's right, this game is too easy! Very cool graphics and sound, cool weapon system, but the powerups are probably too plentiful. A nice breather after playing so much Gradius lately! Gradius 1 and 2 don't let you continue in the default settings, while Spriggan lets you continue and gives you more powerups than you could ever need.

IMG

rag-time4

With the help of Allah, clear #34! Spriggan 2 clear!! Double post!!

Like the first one, this one was definitely on the easy side. The only real challenge in the whole game was the final boss, who has a couple squirrelly attacks that can be tough to dodge. It has a ton of dialogue for a shooter, which can be turned off to make it feel like more of an old-school shooter. With the dialogue it feels like an interesting hybrid between a pure shooter and an adventure game heavy on the cutscenes.

IMG

JapanTokei

Damn that is a shitty ending for Shubi3! 

Did any of you clear Be-Ball/ChewMan-Fu?  that's freakin hard but hella find imo.

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/07/2009, 07:16 PMClear #67- Shubibinman 3- what a joke this game is!  :shock:

IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/22/2010, 10:04 AMDid any of you clear Be-Ball/ChewMan-Fu?  that's freakin hard but hella find imo.
I have..
All is well. :)

guyjin

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/19/2010, 03:38 AMIMG
I'm not disputing that you did, in fact, clear this game, but... something about that picture looks fake.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guyjin on 07/06/2010, 12:49 PM... something about that picture looks fake.
Is it the hand of Allah that makes it look phony?

blueraven

Is this thread going to be returned to Fighting Street? It seems we've forgotten about it.

PCE FAIL

rag-time4

Quote from: blueraven on 09/17/2010, 06:13 PMIs this thread going to be returned to Fighting Street? It seems we've forgotten about it.

PCE FAIL
I certanily haven't forgotten it... I've got like 4-5 games I'm working on that I've been thus far unable to clear:
-Gradius 2
-Psycho Chaser
-Bikkuriman World
-Final Lap Twin (F-3000 GP)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: rag-time4 on 09/18/2010, 03:47 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 09/17/2010, 06:13 PMIs this thread going to be returned to Fighting Street? It seems we've forgotten about it.

PCE FAIL
I certanily haven't forgotten it... I've got like 4-5 games I'm working on that I've been thus far unable to clear:
-Gradius 2
-Psycho Chaser
-Bikkuriman World
Quote from: rag-time4 on 09/18/2010, 03:47 AM

PCE FAIL
-Gradius 2
-Psycho Chaser
-Bikkuriman World
I'm with you on Bikkuri, and soon to be joining you on Final Lap Twin. No pain, no gain. heh
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

SignOfZeta

I just discovered this thread and I think its a great idea. I don't even own 100 PCE games though, so I might not be able to win the internet.
IMG

Sinistron

What's up with the "How many have you cleared?" tagline?  I don't think that was in my original subject title- it's also a slightly false representation of this thread.  This thread is for posting your clears - not just saying how many you've beaten.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sinistron on 09/23/2010, 03:03 PMWhat's up with the "How many have you cleared?" tagline?
Looks like an attempt to make the title more accurate, as 'race is on bitches' could mean lots of things.  It's your thread, though, so change it to something more fitting.

blueraven

Clear #12:

Keith Courage In Alpha Zones / Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru / 魔神英雄伝ワタル  IMG

IMG

Word.

blueraven

:twisted: Clear #13:  :twisted:

Splatterhouse / スプラッターハウス

IMG

Memorize the patterns... Shotgun level was too quick, last level was instantaneous.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 10/11/2010, 06:43 AM:twisted: Clear #13:  :twisted:

Splatterhouse / スプラッターハウス

IMG

Memorize the patterns... Shotgun level was too quick, last level was instantaneous.
=D> =D>

Don't think you're just going to waltz past me now.  :P lol
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/11/2010, 11:29 AM=D> =D>

Don't think you're just going to waltz past me now.  :P lol
Thanks, LOL I won't.... yet...  Maybe a shuffle :mrgreen:

Clear #14:

Bonk's Revenge / PC Genjin 2 / PC原人2 IMG

IMG

Anticlimactic ending, but when the Hu-Card is that full of awesome I guess you don't have room for an ending.

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Mathius

I have a PCE/Turbo games that I have cleared as documented in my PCE Daisakusen profile. Do I need to clear them again along with a photo to post in this thread?

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 10/17/2010, 01:57 AMI have a PCE/Turbo games that I have cleared as documented in my PCE Daisakusen profile. Do I need to clear them again along with a photo to post in this thread?
Good god, no. lol.....At least I hope not...
IMG

Mathius

OK well here is my clears up to this point.

Air Zonk
Spriggan
Bonk's Adventure
Blazing Lazers
Dungeon Explorer
Splatterhouse PCE

blueraven

Mathius

I am working on Ys Book I&II now, along with Cosmic fantasy 2, Legendary Axe, and Bonk's Revenge. I love Bonk's Revenge, but I hate how I lose all my acquired heart containers when I lose my lives and continue.

Ceti Alpha

Clear # 28: Air Zonk

That end boss run is crazy. King Drool is no slouch either.

IMG
IMG

BlueBMW

I've got two three clears, if you can even count some of them as clears....

Magical Chase on Bumpy
Sapphire on Easy with 9 continues :lol:  (and I was on the last one when I finished....)
Y's 1+2
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

About time Ceti! :mrgreen:

Bumpy is the middle setting on Magical Chase, so I'd say that it counts. But, the veterans will have to comment on your Sapphire "clear." :)

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 10/17/2010, 09:38 PMAbout time Ceti! :mrgreen:

Bumpy is the middle setting on Magical Chase, so I'd say that it counts. But, the veterans will have to comment on your Sapphire "clear." :)
For the purposes of our clear contests we usually require clearing games on the default setting as a minimum.... though Ceti and I both cleared Ninja Spirit on both PCE and Arcade modes.

Ceti: Nice work on Air Zonk!! I don't even have that one yet.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: rag-time4 on 10/18/2010, 08:24 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/17/2010, 09:38 PMAbout time Ceti! :mrgreen:

For the purposes of our clear contests we usually require clearing games on the default setting as a minimum.... though Ceti and I both cleared Ninja Spirit on both PCE and Arcade modes.

Ceti: Nice work on Air Zonk!! I don't even have that one yet.
Thanks! Yeah, definitely pick that up when you're off your 360 kick. :) It's pretty easy up until the final stage which is pretty gruelling.

As for the clears, yeah, default is what is accepted as a clear, which is usually moderate difficulty. But if you beat Sapphire on easy you should be able to clear it on medium no problemo. :)
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Clear # 29: Last Alert

Not a bad little run 'n gun. A little too easy, but there were a couple relatively challenging stages of the game.

IMG
IMG

blueraven

rag-time4

This one deserves special music :mrgreen:...
With the help of Allah.... Clear #35!! Final Lap Twin clear!! Quest and F1 modes!!!!

The quest mode was fun, but pretty easy. The F1 mode is one of the most grueling challenges I have ever undertaken! The key is not letting other cars bump you into the signage, which can happen constantly due to the extremely wonky crash physics! Braking at the start of turns helps immensely!

The final heat:
IMG

Final points standings:
IMG

The celebration:
IMG

And Rags became the world champ driver!!!
IMG

Mathius

You know I never realized that Namco made that game.  :-k Or at least published it.

Ceti Alpha

Grats rags! I didn't have the help of Allah, but I managed to clear the F1 circuit tonight as well. :D

I've started the quest mode. It's a nice break from the fiercely difficult F1 circuit. lol
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Clear # 30: Final Lap Twin

Quest Mode:

IMG

F3000 Circuit:

IMG

F1 Circuit:

IMG

IMG
IMG

Mathius

That dude in the top pic looks like one of the Ai Cho Aniki bodybuilders.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 10/23/2010, 08:58 PMThat dude in the top pic looks like one of the Ai Cho Aniki bodybuilders.
Don't tell the son that. "Daddy?!"  :lol:
IMG

Mathius

"See kid, your father is a homo-erotic bodybuilding star of a quirky Japanese shooter for the PC Engine. Do you want to sign up for therapy now, or do you feel like winging it?"

Ceti Alpha

Clear # 31: Bomberman

IMG

Clear # 32: Bomberman '93

IMG
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 10/24/2010, 12:18 AM"See kid, your father is a homo-erotic bodybuilding star of a quirky Japanese shooter for the PC Engine. Do you want to sign up for therapy now, or do you feel like winging it?"
:lol:

And congrats Ceti!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

blueraven

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/28/2010, 09:14 PMClear # 31: Bomberman
Clear # 32: Bomberman '93
Next: Clear # 33: Bomberman '94  8)

Ceti Alpha

IMG

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

rag-time4

With the help of Allah... Clear #36!! Ryoko-no Ken / Art of Fighting clear!!

One of the most clunky fighting games ever made.... It's a pretty cool game other than the gameplay itself.

IMG

nectarsis

Beat God Panic (and a small write up on my blog).  Quiet possibly one of the easiest shooters I've ever played.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/06/2010, 05:54 PMWith the help of Allah... Clear #36!! Ryoko-no Ken / Art of Fighting clear!!

One of the most clunky fighting games ever made.... It's a pretty cool game other than the gameplay itself.

IMG
Grats, rags! Great Job!!