The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

NEC hoover automatic w/ CD attachment
IMG

henrycsc

That's the whirlwind technology that Dust Devil has been trying to copy ever since....
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

hoobs88

IMG
DrumMania V2 for Japanese Playstation 2

I have been looking forward to new songs by Terra, Vanilla Ninja, Kozo Nakamura, and Choke Sleeper.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Opethian

Quote from: hoobs88 on 07/03/2010, 05:57 PMIMG
DrumMania V2 for Japanese Playstation 2

I have been looking forward to new songs by Terra, Vanilla Ninja, Kozo Nakamura, and Choke Sleeper.
Thats an awesome mix!! my favs on that one are: over there, rolling 1000toon, Atlante,Tizona d'El Cid, and Rewrite. You play on a konami controller? or do you use a DTX?
IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: Opethian on 07/03/2010, 10:33 PMThats an awesome mix!! my favs on that one are: over there, rolling 1000toon, Atlante,Tizona d'El Cid, and Rewrite. You play on a konami controller? or do you use a DTX?
I wish I had a DTX! I have the Konami drum Pad. My foot pedal had a bad switch and I had to replace it with a Universal Rock Band/Guitar Hero foot pedal which was actually an upgrade. What mixes do you have?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Opethian

IMG

Ceti Alpha

haha Ope! When's the big tour, and are you coming to Canada?
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

henrycsc

My soundtracks came today, one a bit stained, but really lucked out for $20... :dance:

/P7080049.jpg
Wanted:

Opethian

nice set, Falcom has some legendary tunes
IMG

JapanTokei

Quote from: Opethian on 07/01/2010, 03:58 PMNEC hoover automatic w/ CD attachment
that guy is a beast.  I say a hoover doesn't do it justice.  this is the Dyson of the PCE system combos  =D>

the SCD addon is my fav.  great looking unit.  I have one sexily boxed in its original like the image below   

/ooka31-img600x478-1278418714tbthpa49464.jpg

Gogan

Finally picked up an Arcade Card Duo....now the hunt for World Heros 2 :D
Nothin beats the real thing.

Opethian

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/09/2010, 02:10 AM
Quote from: Opethian on 07/01/2010, 03:58 PMNEC hoover automatic w/ CD attachment
that guy is a beast.  I say a hoover doesn't do it justice.  this is the Dyson of the PCE system combos  =D>

the SCD addon is my fav.  great looking unit.  I have one sexily boxed in its original like the image below   
Damn I need a box for mine :(
IMG

JapanTokei

OPE - know how you feel.  yea, I started out with a loosely SCD vacumm + white PCE too (bought it from Dragsy from Ebay), then sold it off when I decided I wanted a complete one as part a killer bundle on Ebay that included a new sealed (which now I regret) River City Ransom/Downtown Nekketsu.  It went for very reasonable $410 or something, that was before I knew how to list intl auctions so it only got about 100 page views).

IMG

I then got one bundle with the box but NO interconnect cable and no Manual....  The bundle was a steal though... it cost me only $300ish...
IMG

I then spent about 3 months hunting for the missing pieces and was able to piecemeal together a complete boxed set after multiple business trip stops at Japan... :)  not quite a magical chase tale, and the serial doesnt match :(   but I am still a happy camper.  It looks nice sitting next to my other boxed beauty - the Duo-RX which I (over)paid $330 for complete in minty box/instructions a while back.   

IMG

Quote from: Opethian on 07/09/2010, 11:42 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/09/2010, 02:10 AM

Damn I need a box for mine :(

henrycsc

Sweet stuff Tokei.... This trip, how are you going to lug the 3 cases of Wonder Momo back?

On your advice, I jumped on Jump's Bomberman 94 Taikenbans and I was able to get 60 misc worn hueys and EXTRA sleeves from him fr cheap... YAY... now I don't need the momo's... but damn, that kick is sexy.

Anyhow... Was thinking about cooking up some retr0brite to see if it works on yellowed sleeves... anybody have any idea on that?  (Will post this in another thread.)
Wanted:

BlackandBlue

Picked up my Border Down LE finally and a sealed copy of Karous to go with it.

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Opethian

Border Down is such a fun game once you know how to control the rank.

IMG

along with Snow's CG II thanks guys!
IMG

JapanTokei

Henry - nice grabs on the extra sleeves + Bomb94 Taikenban. 

retr0brit-ing the sleeves would be an interesting quest.  I hope you dont melt them with the peroxide gel.. lol

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/09/2010, 03:20 PMSweet stuff Tokei.... This trip, how are you going to lug the 3 cases of Wonder Momo back?

On your advice, I jumped on Jump's Bomberman 94 Taikenbans and I was able to get 60 misc worn hueys and EXTRA sleeves from him fr cheap... YAY... now I don't need the momo's... but damn, that kick is sexy.

Anyhow... Was thinking about cooking up some retr0brite to see if it works on yellowed sleeves... anybody have any idea on that?  (Will post this in another thread.)

JapanTokei

Nice OPE!  now we just gotta set you up with a real version of Sapphire :)  or is that one real.... I can't really tell but it the ACD logo looks like the Bootleg versions..  :?:

Quote from: Opethian on 07/09/2010, 10:17 PMBorder Down is such a fun game once you know how to control the rank.

IMG
along with Snow's CG II thanks guys!

blueraven

Doritos.

And an Arizona Iced Tea.

nectarsis

Rags is the MAN!! :)

/100_3931.jpg

If these were #'s 2 & 3 what was #1?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

IMG

JapanTokei

heheheh, too easy man!  Top = bootleggy, Bottom = legit  :) 

Quote from: Opethian on 07/10/2010, 01:59 PMIMG
which is which :D

nectarsis

Patapon 2 FINALLY on UMD (BAH DL only games).

/100_3946.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

Damn I cant wait to get IX then VI :D
IMG

henrycsc

Actually,  I think it's a trick question.

I think you are right (Legit on bottom) Tokei, BUT the Obi Strip belongs to the bootleg (On top), right Opethian?

Though I cannot see any difference in your spinecard from mine.

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/10/2010, 02:04 PMheheheh, too easy man!  Top = bootleggy, Bottom = legit  :) 
Quote from: Opethian on 07/10/2010, 01:59 PMIMG
which is which :D
Wanted:

JapanTokei

So far here are pictures of some early hauls from my upcoming business trip to Tokyo.  Note these are from the auction pictures, as the actuals are all waiting for me at my hotel.  (I can't wait to "pick them all up", bring them back to my hotel room, and throw them onto my bed... heehhe... bet you never heard that context used on PCE stuff!  ). 

Once I arrive at Tokyo later next week, if I have time I'll do a group picture of the goodies I land. 

IMG

blueraven

retr0bright, the junk cost me $18 total and I think I have enough for like 15 batches.

JapanTokei

hahah, Blue - you can sell some batches to Henry.  He'll need it to whiten his soon-to-be acquired 100 dirty hucard sleeves

Quote from: blueraven on 07/12/2010, 04:41 AMretr0bright, the junk cost me $18 total and I think I have enough for like 15 batches.

TheClash603

JapanTokei...  be careful when you go to Tokyo for business.  If your management finds out that you are just there for hanky panky with the Japanese locals...  aka PC-Engine, they might get mad.

....or jealous.

JapanTokei

Clash.... I think mgmt is definitely jealous that I'm getting down with the beautiful Sylphia... :) 

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/12/2010, 10:20 AMJapanTokei...  be careful when you go to Tokyo for business.  If your management finds out that you are just there for hanky panky with the Japanese locals...  aka PC-Engine, they might get mad.

....or jealous.

henrycsc

Let's just hope your wife doesn't find out about Momo.  :)

Glad to hear the retr0bright seems to be working blue...  we'll want another status report.

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/12/2010, 11:34 AMClash.... I think mgmt is definitely jealous that I'm getting down with the beautiful Sylphia... :) 

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/12/2010, 10:20 AMJapanTokei...  be careful when you go to Tokyo for business.  If your management finds out that you are just there for hanky panky with the Japanese locals...  aka PC-Engine, they might get mad.

....or jealous.
Wanted:

rag-time4

Some recent buys, and a free 3-red-ring 360.

Three of teh PCE games are sealed!!! (not F1 circus)

IMG
IMG
IMG

henrycsc

Cool rag... sealed pce games  =P~
Wanted:

JapanTokei

very nice Rag !  Efera is kinda a cool RPG.  I haven't dived into mine yet though... it's kinda like Exile I-ish, big characters.  I have such a huge backlog of RPGs to get through though, that it's on the bottom of that list :(    (Seiya Monogatari is next then Sol Moonarage then Legend of Xanadu!) 

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/12/2010, 07:47 PMSome recent buys, and a free 3-red-ring 360.

rag-time4

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/12/2010, 08:30 PMvery nice Rag !  Efera is kinda a cool RPG.  I haven't dived into mine yet though... it's kinda like Exile I-ish, big characters.  I have such a huge backlog of RPGs to get through though, that it's on the bottom of that list :(    (Seiya Monogatari is next then Sol Moonarage then Legend of Xanadu!) 

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/12/2010, 07:47 PMSome recent buys, and a free 3-red-ring 360.

Legend of Xanadu and Tengai Makyou: Ziria are at the top of my buy list for RPGS! Don't have 'em yet!

rag-time4

Another sealed goodie just arrived today! This is the Japanese PS1 remake of the KOEI classic "Bandit Kings of Ancient China" available for the NES, as well as various home computers on floppy disks.

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

some small pickups to spice things up below. 

Snatcher PCE non-for sale special Music collection CD +
Shinobi 2 / Super Shinobi MegaDrive Cart. 

$30 shipped.. not too shabby.  I need to stop buying or my suitcase will explode after my Tokyo stop. ](*,)

IMG
IMG

IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

That Snatcher looks mighty sweet, Tokei!
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

some game literature
/p1100739.jpg

AES get!
/p1100743v.jpg

Sealed Lynx games (soon unsealed)
/p1100744.jpg

New sys huey entry :)
/p1100745.jpg

Zomie Panic taikenban
/p1100747l.jpg

JapanTokei

Wow - Very nice grab of the AES at Hardoff by the way.. damn. 

they got Lynx games at Japan?    I'm loving that TOKI game.. and no, I am TOKEI, i.e. fancy watches, not the monkey.,, (though if that meant I can get closer to meeting/finding that elusive sexy PCE monkey named Bazzaru, I won't mind at all... haha)

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/14/2010, 10:23 AMSealed Lynx games (soon unsealed)
/p1100744.jpg

rag-time4

Are there any active Japanese magazines that focus exclusively on retro?

I took my wife to Japantown, San Francisco yesterday and checked out the big bookstore... but didn't see any old game stuff anywhere in all of Japantown  :(

Tatsujin

YEah, retro is big boom here now, so there coming out plenty of retro mags atm :)

@tokei: those games are from an US order :) but for your question, yes they're also selling some lynx and tg-16 games at potato. but as you may guess, the prices are beyond of anything.

rag-time4

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/14/2010, 08:08 PMYEah, retro is big boom here now, so there coming out plenty of retro mags atm :)
Can you name some tats?

JapanTokei

Rag - you're not going to find anything like at SF's Japantown!  (except maybe poor ramen... avoid the sapporo ramen place at all costs.. it's junk!)  I think the best  shop in that whole complex is the little bakery.. lol   the drinking holes are pretty good at night too though.

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/14/2010, 07:30 PMAre there any active Japanese magazines that focus exclusively on retro?

I took my wife to Japantown, San Francisco yesterday and checked out the big bookstore... but didn't see any old game stuff anywhere in all of Japantown  :(

rag-time4

Anniversary bocquet of flowers for my wife!! Hot and Cold collide!!!!

IMGIMGIMG

Opethian

A true ladies man... congrats Rag
IMG

JapanTokei

What a charmer indeed.  I think I am charmed by all those sexy PCE games in the shelves behind the flowers from the pictures though :) 

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/16/2010, 12:02 AMAnniversary bocquet of flowers for my wife!! Hot and Cold collide!!!!

ZachSpears

got this in today(coregrafx system)... courtesy of japantokei

/P7160016.jpg
/P7160021.jpg