Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vecanti

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/28/2010, 09:40 AMYou can continue in NES Super Mario Bros.  You just hold A and press Start....
Wow. I don't know if I should laugh or cry at that.  If only I had known this 21 years ago.

TR0N

Quote from: GobanToba on 09/28/2010, 01:28 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/28/2010, 09:40 AMYou can continue in NES Super Mario Bros.  You just hold A and press Start....
Wow. I don't know if I should laugh or cry at that.  If only I had known this 21 years ago.
I take it you didn't have nintendo power  :lol:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

Quote from: TR0N on 09/28/2010, 09:40 PM
Who didn't have Nintendo Power?! I knew kids who didn't have Nintendo's who subscribed to NP!

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 09/28/2010, 09:55 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/28/2010, 09:40 PM
Who didn't have Nintendo Power?! I knew kids who didn't have Nintendo's who subscribed to NP!
Yup befor in the internet how else could ya get codes for nes game.
IMG

Colossus1574

My brother was bugging me to play Cadash but i didn't quite wanna do all the maze exploring especially on a PCE version that's all japanese. But considering he finished it by himself twice in the last few weeks...i decided to join in the quest. To my surprise, i set a gliche or something, I was using the girl character and somewhere on the 3rd stage, i used the protector orbs....and no matter what they WOULD NOT die off!?!?!" I was basically invincible all the way to the final boss (orange dragon). Then it started showing cracks, but i just ended up using another one right after and finished off the boss. WEIRD!  :shock:

BlueBMW

A whole lot of obey today!

Played Spriggan, then Sidearms Special (sucked at it, so only played for a few minutes), then Super Darius (sucked even worse at that!), then switched over to some Deep Blue (it sucked :P), then a round of Bomberman 93 (awesome!) followed by a bout of Street Fighter 2 on the cgfx, and lastly some good ol Devil's Crash.  Quite a day of gaming :P  Vacation is awesome!

/obey1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Smashed Brother

Played some Dungeon Explorer II (PCE), then popped in the Sega CD version of the original Dungeon Explorer; yeah, totally different games but good in their own right.  But man, that DEII soundtrack is nothing short of amazing!  Then I headed online and played Diablo II with a buddy for a little bit and then after he left, I jumped in a game with some strangers.  This is my first time ever playing this game online and, well, I had a lot of fun!  My gf kept teasing me about it, but dammit she just doesn't know!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

TheClash603

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 10/02/2010, 02:19 AMPlayed some Dungeon Explorer II (PCE), then popped in the Sega CD version of the original Dungeon Explorer; yeah, totally different games but good in their own right.  But man, that DEII soundtrack is nothing short of amazing!  Then I headed online and played Diablo II with a buddy for a little bit and then after he left, I jumped in a game with some strangers.  This is my first time ever playing this game online and, well, I had a lot of fun!  My gf kept teasing me about it, but dammit she just doesn't know!
Diablo 2 is a top 10 game all-time to me, put many many hours into that one.  Can't wait for part 3!

Mathius

Played some Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on the 'ole neglected 360 with my girlfriend. She helped me unlock Phantasy Star I by playing as Tails in Sonic 2 and beating the first boss. Don't laugh but that's the first time I have ever played Phantasy Star.  :mrgreen:

On my own I played Golden Axe, Altered Beast, and Shinobi-arcade versions on 360 also. Unfortunately the emulation is real screwy on Golden Axe, and Altered Beast. The sound gets all fucked up in places. :(

Joe Redifer

Mathius, I think this is the first time I have seen you use a curse word!  :)

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/03/2010, 11:38 AMMathius, I think this is the first time I have seen you use a curse word!  :)
Some days I shine brighter than others. :)

I get real passionate when my favorite childhood arcade games aren't emulated perfectly.  ](*,)

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/29/2010, 08:31 PMA whole lot of obey today!

Played Spriggan, then Sidearms Special (sucked at it, so only played for a few minutes), then Super Darius (sucked even worse at that!), then switched over to some Deep Blue (it sucked :P), then a round of Bomberman 93 (awesome!) followed by a bout of Street Fighter 2 on the cgfx, and lastly some good ol Devil's Crash.  Quite a day of gaming :P  Vacation is awesome!

IMG
lol thats so funny ..Played Spriggan, then Sidearms Special (sucked at it, so only played for a few minutes), then Super Darius (sucked even worse at that!), then switched over to some Deep Blue (it sucked ................lol
Played alien cruch, nexzr, splatterhouse
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Starfighter

I didn't get to play as much today since my "work" (I work for free as a part of some kind of experience-plan carried out by the.. well, the government basically) is taking most of my days. I found roughly an hour to spend on gaming and the time was put on Just Cause 2, PS3. I really like it.

geise

Dusted off the Dreamcast and played some Ikaruga and Gunbird 2.  Then hopped on the SNES for some Super E.D.F. and Dragon Quest III Reprise.  I'm also currently finishing Ys 7 on the PSP.  Going to get back to the pc-engine this weekend.  Maybe I'll finally finish Basted.

blueraven

Galaga 88, Winning Shots Gold

Ceti Alpha

Ghosts 'n Goblins
Final Lap Twin - F1 mode - V12 - manual (if you're going to drive, drive like you mean it)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Mathius

Picked up Fire Shark today. Man, talk about a Raiden clone!
Out Run on the Genesis.
Some J.J. and Jeff, and Fantasy Zone on the Turbo.

TR0N

PS3
Heavy Rain
Gunemonium Recollection
IMG

Starfighter

Today a friend is coming over who have never seen a PC Engine. I just have like.. four, five games so far but I figured he would still like to see the console irl and stuff like that. So todays gaming dose is mostly going to consist of Super Star Soldier. :)

blueraven

Got the Turbografx Fixed!

Bonk's Revenge,
Keith Courage,
Splatterhouse
JJ and Crap.

WOO

Mathius

Finally sat down and beat Dungeon Explorer! Damn, I love this game. 8)

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 10/10/2010, 12:31 AMFinally sat down and beat Dungeon Explorer! Damn, I love this game. 8)
I tried to play dungeon explorer... I guess I just suck at life because I couldn't get very far :P  Isn't it better with more people to play with you?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/10/2010, 08:33 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/10/2010, 12:31 AMFinally sat down and beat Dungeon Explorer! Damn, I love this game. 8)
I tried to play dungeon explorer... I guess I just suck at life because I couldn't get very far :P  Isn't it better with more people to play with you?
It's easy beatable with one player. The most difficult part is figuring out where to go next if you continue with a password after not playing for a while. Don't give up. The endgame rulz!!! :)

Unlike Dungeon Explorer for the Sega CD. That game is TOUGH with one player! I couldn't get much further beyond the first dungeon. That game really frustrated me. ](*,)

BlueBMW

Hmm, guess I'll have to give it another shot!

DragonmasterDan

Today I got quite a bit of gaming in. Per Chany's suggestion I visited Galloping Ghost arcade outside of Chicago. I spent about 5 hours there, beat Cadash, TMNT 1 and the Simpsons game along with having tried almost every working game there.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Just got done with a smorgasbord of shooters :P

Started with L Dis.... not so great but not awful either
Moved on to Spriggan Mk 2... looks pretty awesome, a bit easy and I dont know what the story is lol
Popped in Terraforming... not as pretty as Sprig Mk2, but definitely unique and easy :P
Pulled out SC 93 (nexzr)... not so good at this one, but carnival mode is fun!
and lastly, played some Sapphire... actually cleared it, sorta... Easy and 9 continues really doesn't count lol

Starfighter

I'm a little confused, first I thought you (BlueBMW) were from Sweden when you wrote smörgåsbord, but you didn't use our åäö-letters so, what is happening? :D

BlueBMW

Haha not from Sweden.   Originally from Colorado USA :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/10/2010, 08:33 AMIsn't it better with more people to play with you?
It's actually a lot harder with more players.  Unless y'all are careful, you'll get in each others way; and if your buddies suck, they'll eat up all your continues before you make it past the Bull Beast.

Quote from: Starfighter on 10/11/2010, 06:55 AMI'm a little confused, first I thought you (BlueBMW) were from Sweden when you wrote smörgåsbord, but you didn't use our åäö-letters so, what is happening? :D
Börk, börk, börk!  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbogrfxfan

played mars matrix, under defeat, splatterhouse, streetfighter 2 and marvel vs capcom

Mathius

Got some time in on Shape Shifter, Super Star Soldier, and Aero Blasters this morning. Played some New Adventure Island on Wii VC before work.

BlueBMW

While technically it started yesterday, it finished today (1am)  I finally finished off Y's 1/2 :D  That last boss was a tough fight!  Took maybe 15 tried before I finally got it!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/11/2010, 06:23 PMWhile technically it started yesterday, it finished today (1am)  I finally finished off Y's 1/2 :D  That last boss was a tough fight!  Took maybe 15 tried before I finally got it!
We were all rooting for you in the shoutbox. :wink:

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/11/2010, 06:23 PMWhile technically it started yesterday, it finished today (1am)  I finally finished off Y's 1/2 :D  That last boss was a tough fight!  Took maybe 15 tried before I finally got it!
congrats on 1 and 2!!! now for three.  tell me when ya start it ill join ya!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

Mathius

Played some Ys I&II, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Legendary Axe, Splatterhouse (PCE), Alien Crush, Devil's Crush, and Dungeon Explorer yesterday. Also, played and beat Bonk's Adventure. I am so in love with its music!

blueraven

Other than the recent clears, I have been playing JJ and Jeff exclusively. I will withhold all criticism of the game until completing it.

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 10/13/2010, 09:52 PMOther than the recent clears, I have been playing JJ and Jeff exclusively. I will withhold all criticism of the game until completing it.
I think JJ & Jeff gets a bad rap. It's not a hidden gem, but it is a decent Wonder Boy clone...with 100% more turds.

blueraven

Quote from: Mathius on 10/14/2010, 12:30 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 10/13/2010, 09:52 PMOther than the recent clears, I have been playing JJ and Jeff exclusively. I will withhold all criticism of the game until completing it.
I think JJ & Jeff gets a bad rap. It's not a hidden gem, but it is a decent Wonder Boy clone...with 100% more turds.
...  :|

Starfighter

More Just Cause 2 today.. Closing in on 40 hours now. I want to reach the 75% clear-mark and if I'm still not bored with it - beat story mode in hard as well.

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 10/14/2010, 05:53 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/14/2010, 12:30 AM
...  :|
Original Wonder Boy, not the Monster World games.

Edit: JJ & Jeff plays extremely similar to the very first Wonder Boy game on the SMS. And Adventure Island (NES). And New Adventure Island for our beloved Turbo. :D

turbogrfxfan

L-Dis!!!  Its really a fun game!!!!  If anyone wants to sell me theirs let me know.  as of now Im playing it on my psp but I really want the game.  oh also was playin raiden  which is another cool game.  does anyone know if it came out on anyother system of a raiden 2.3.4 etc....?

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 10/14/2010, 07:44 PML-Dis!!!  Its really a fun game!!!!  If anyone wants to sell me theirs let me know.  as of now Im playing it on my psp but I really want the game.  oh also was playin raiden  which is another cool game.  does anyone know if it came out on anyother system of a raiden 2.3.4 etc....?
There was a Raiden III on the SNES, but I have never played it.

Ceti Alpha

Popped in Air Zonk for the first time last night and lovin' it. Made it to the final boss run, so hopefully I'll be posting a new clear later on tonight.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 08:59 AMPopped in Air Zonk for the first time last night and lovin' it. Made it to the final boss run, so hopefully I'll be posting a new clear later on tonight.  :mrgreen:
Seriously? You are just now experiencing Air Zonk? Ceti Alpha, is that really you?  :P

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 10/15/2010, 12:23 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 08:59 AMPopped in Air Zonk for the first time last night and lovin' it. Made it to the final boss run, so hopefully I'll be posting a new clear later on tonight.  :mrgreen:
Seriously? You are just now experiencing Air Zonk? Ceti Alpha, is that really you?  :P
:oops: :lol:

Yeah, pretty crazy. I have nothing to say for myself. I really don't know why I waited so long to pick it up.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 05:46 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/15/2010, 12:23 PM
:oops: :lol:

Yeah, pretty crazy. I have nothing to say for myself. I really don't know why I waited so long to pick it up.
Well, if your one of the guys who played the 2nd title first your in for a real treat. :)

BlueBMW

Played some soldier blade tonight.  Haven't played in a while but here are my scores...

Normal: 816200 (got most of the way through level 4)
2 minute: 352300
5 minute: 870600

Yeah probably pretty bad scores but hey it was fun!

Mathius

Playing some Truxton on my modded Genesis. Here is another titles (along with Fire Shark) that actually displays its Japanese titles screen if the region switch is flipped to NTSC-JP. Are there a lot of games that don't have a lockout chip?

I'll post pics as soon as my camera charges.