Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colossus1574

Quote from: Mathius on 10/30/2010, 02:29 AM
Quote from: csgx1 on 10/29/2010, 09:52 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/29/2010, 01:28 AMPlayed some U.N. Squadron for the 'ol SNES tonight. Probably my favorite shootie on the system. I remember this one in the arcades BITD and having a near-arcade perfect port back then was awesome!
One of my favorite games as well.   I never played the arcade version before, but I thought there were a number of differences when ported to the SNES?  Either way the SNES version is a great game!
The SNES version was only 1player, and you could actually choose your route/levels that would follow the storyline of AREA 88 (anime it was based off of).
There was also a sequel in the arcade that was pretty awesome too called Airwing Carrier.

Quote from: blueraven on 10/30/2010, 02:11 AMDRACULA X, GoT, XANADU PT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: 8) :mrgreen:
Is that a sequel to Legend of Xanadu???? cause i can't fucking play that game...too much japanese text!!!  :x

Quote from: blueraven on 10/30/2010, 03:15 PMHad 2 neighbors over for retr0gaming night; Dracula X, Genpei Toumanden 1 & 2, Victory Run, and Racing Spirits (which by the by is a totally kickass motorcycle game!)
They must OBEY as well!!!!!

BlueBMW

Played some Drac X and some Sapphire.  Found TWO alternate paths in Drac X :P  Still not very good at it though!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/31/2010, 12:55 AMPlayed some Drac X and some Sapphire.  Found TWO alternate paths in Drac X :P  Still not very good at it though!
Don't worry, I have had it for a year, and I still haven't managed to beat the game. Got to 'ol Drac though. He's a pain! ](*,)

blueraven

Colossus, remember to close-quote. Yes its the Xanadu sequel. And its much easier thN the first butn less epic due to the shortness.

And yes its very intensive. Only about 4 of us (runin, nat , blacktiger, myself) english-speakers have beaten the first game :mrgreen:

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/31/2010, 01:02 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/31/2010, 12:55 AMPlayed some Drac X and some Sapphire.  Found TWO alternate paths in Drac X :P  Still not very good at it though!
Don't worry, I have had it for a year, and I still haven't managed to beat the game. Got to 'ol Drac though. He's a pain! ](*,)
Drac a pain lol ! Yeah it takes a bit to kill his frist form but his second is easy to kill.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

csgx1

I beat Castlevania Legends on gameboy tonight.  A very disappointing game actually. 

I think I'll move on to Dracula X too since everyone is talking about it.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 10/31/2010, 01:02 AM
I think I'm only to Stage 4 and 4' :lol:  Slowly getting there tho....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/31/2010, 04:52 AMI beat Castlevania Legends on gameboy tonight.  A very disappointing game actually. 

I played Castlevania Judgement for the first time last night. If you think Legends is disappointing then judgement is some sort of war crime.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/31/2010, 12:24 PM
Quote from: csgx1 on 10/31/2010, 04:52 AMI beat Castlevania Legends on gameboy tonight.  A very disappointing game actually. 

I played Castlevania Judgement for the first time last night. If you think Legends is disappointing then judgement is some sort of war crime.
Its only fitting since its Oct 31st :P

Colossus1574

had my cousin and my buddy over last night (his 1st exposure to the great PCE although he does remember the TG16).

Played a full game of Motoroader where i took 1st thnx to top engine, top body, hi-turbo  :mrgreen:
and
I finally popped back in Dungeon Explorer 2 (US edition) after my old 5man crew quit on it back in the late 90s (before i got into my PS1 phase).
Played for about 2 hrs and we already unlocked 3 additional characters! Gwen, Shun, Mariam :dance:

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 10/30/2010, 03:15 PMGenpei Toumanden 1
Do your neighbors now hate you with a fiery passion?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gogan

Lol necro.

Gonna hit up some Psychic Storm in T-minus 30 minutes, once I get outta work
Nothin beats the real thing.

blueraven

Vecanti

geise

Got Dragon's Lair Time Warp and Space Ace on Blu-ray.  Not that they're really games but that's what I played/watched.  I loved those games in the arcade and on my Amiga and ST.  Look really nice on Blu-ray.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: geise on 11/01/2010, 05:42 PMGot Dragon's Lair Time Warp and Space Ace on Blu-ray.  Not that they're really games but that's what I played/watched.  I loved those games in the arcade and on my Amiga and ST.  Look really nice on Blu-ray.
I just picked up Dragon's Lair Trilogy on Wii (which has both DL games and Space Ace).
--DragonmasterDan

Gogan

Ripped up some Psychic Storm, gotta say I liked it. While it moves a bit slow, the graphics and music more than make up for it. Definite replay value.

Found I used Joe and Natasia the most, but the pea-shooter guy(forgot his name) wasn't bad either. Chad is useless.

The music on Trident was very very good. Gonna have to learn that on the ol SG

Colossus1574

finish FINAL SOLDIER on normal last night, and played a few levels of PomPing World (Bonanza Bros.?) tonight.

and i agree from another thread, FS has got pretty weak weapon designs.....5 of the 9 variations are pretty useless....

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 11/02/2010, 01:34 AMfinish FINAL SOLDIER on normal last night, and played a few levels of PomPing World (Bonanza Bros.?) tonight.

and i agree from another thread, FS has got pretty weak weapon designs.....5 of the 9 variations are pretty useless....
Pomping World - You're thinking of Buster Bros., not Pomping World. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

turbogrfxfan

Terraforming and nexzr.  I thought terraforming would of been better.  It looked beautiful but the game itself is pretty lame.  Nexzr is a near perfect game imo
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 11/02/2010, 07:05 PMTerraforming and nexzr.  I thought terraforming would of been better.  It looked beautiful but the game itself is pretty lame.  Nexzr is a near perfect game imo
I still need to pick up Nexzr.

blueraven

Just Deep Blue for some reason. The approach-avoidance of this game is pretty awesome, and I really do like the fact that I don't have to run-and-gun fire 24/7 on this shooter. If you accept you are in a sub and treat it like one you are good. After you actually power up on levels 2 and 3 it really does become interesting.

I think the reason why people don't like it is because of the speed. Once you get the power-up it does make the game more fun, admittedly, But overall; this isn't your average shooter. It's a submarine after all...

Starfighter

Yesterday I didn't get to play. See my girlfriends sister is visiting us and when I suggested video games she said really whiny (but with an attitude) "the guest get's superbored when you play video games". In normal circumstances I would've said "too bad for you" but she just sat seven hours on a train to meet us for two days so yeah maybe I did the right thing to let it go and entertain her instead. :)

Mathius

Quote from: Starfighter on 11/04/2010, 07:26 AMYesterday I didn't get to play. See my girlfriends sister is visiting us and when I suggested video games she said really whiny (but with an attitude) "the guest get's superbored when you play video games". In normal circumstances I would've said "too bad for you" but she just sat seven hours on a train to meet us for two days so yeah maybe I did the right thing to let it go and entertain her instead. :)
Yeah, you probably did what any respectful individual should've done. An OBEYING individual however? Hmm.... :-k :P

I finally got some time in with an old friend last night in Legacy of Kain for the PS1. I am still amazed at the quality of voice acting in that game! The loading times still suck though. :(

NecroPhile

Quote from: Starfighter on 11/04/2010, 07:26 AM... I did the right thing to let it go and entertain her instead. :)
And what's more entertaining than a few rounds of Bomberman '94 and Dungeon Explorer?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Colossus1574

played some Pomping World and Shibimiman 2 with my brother.

Pomping is surprisingly fast on it's loading and i'm not even running it off a Duo!

Shibimiman always fun, but so unforgiving on 2 players when u share 1 health bar  :x

Starfighter

Quote from: guestAnd what's more entertaining than a few rounds of Bomberman '94 and Dungeon Explorer?
Bomberman '94 haven't arrived yet. :)

turbogrfxfan

gate of thun, veigues tatical crapinator, super mario,

Mathius

Finally got some quality time in with good 'ol Earthbound. Such a great game in every way possible. Here is a fantastic mini-documentary on Earthbound and the rest of the Mother series.

http://www.retrowaretv.com/HappyVideoGameNerd/HVGNEpisode12/tabid/239/Default.aspx

Starfighter

I mostly played Silent Hill 4 today (I never finished that one so I'm setting things straight) but I also had time to test a few Dreamcast-pearls that I really liked. Those beeing Unreal Tournament, Cannon Spike, Sonic Adventure and the shmup I never bought when it was cheap; Under Defeat.

turbogrfxfan

played gate ball for pce, lemans test drive dreamcast, and saphire for pce!!  awesome day

Mathius

Been playing Earthbound mostly. Planning on throwing in Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360 tonight. I just bought Vol. 1 of the Animated Series collection, because I loved it so much when I was young. Batman for the 360 is almost like playing an episode of that show. :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 11/07/2010, 07:27 PMBeen playing Earthbound mostly. Planning on throwing in Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360 tonight. I just bought Vol. 1 of the Animated Series collection, because I loved it so much when I was young. Batman for the 360 is almost like playing an episode of that show. :)
I love Batman TAS and bought all those DVDs when they came out.

As far as Arkham Asylum goes, it's a great game. But exactly like Metal Gear Solid... with Batman!
--DragonmasterDan

blueraven

Deep Blue, Dracula X, GoT

geise

No pc-engine today. [-X  Today it has been Kid Gloves on the Atari ST and some Ridge Racer 7.

Tablet

Minecaft, it's been almost 2 months and I'm still playing it, its addictive no doubt. I'm busy building an aeroplane.... I know it can't fly but it's suspended in the air so that'll do.

Oh and I got further on YS7 too, can't really say where I'm up to without spoilers, I reckon I'm half way through it.

hashiriya1

Currently playing Super Aleste, Black Ops (yeah, yeah), and Herzog Zwei.

turbogrfxfan

Black ops??? whats that? :wink: played me some GOT, L-dis, sapphire,and obocchamakun(weird ass game!)

BlueBMW

Played me some sapphire... tried to play on normal.... yeah I didnt make it past the 3rd stage boss lol.

Gogan

Played some Legendary Axe last night (go figure), and some Space Manbow on MSX

Mathius

Playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. This game is so badass!

JoshTurboTrollX

Played the Lunar Silver Star Symphony demo on PSP- damn... pretty awesome.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Starfighter

I'm playing Silent Hill 4 right now. I wish it would just end so I can have it over with.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Gogan on 11/12/2010, 09:51 AMPlayed some Legendary Axe last night (go figure), and some Space Manbow on MSX
ha ha ha ha ha

Starfighter

I found out Guwange was released recently on XBLA. I generally don't like pay-downloads but.. it's Guwange! :) So - my weekends worth of gaming is gonna be Cave all the way!

blueraven

Dracula X, AGAIN; this time for the Richter clear vs Drac.

Also, I was Rocking GoT for some HS runs, and I played some Tonma on a crappy website.

Also revisited Xanadu 2 temporarily, and tested Super Star Soldier and RTYPE (US Hueys).

and VICTORY RUN....

bartre

mostly played Raiden III on my ps2.
but i did manage to sneak some GoT in there for good measure.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 11/12/2010, 12:37 PMPlaying Batman: Arkham Asylum. This game is so badass!
Interesting i'm playing that now as well i got it recently as a birthday gift.It's realy a good license game to wich is rare when ya base a game on a comic book,movie or tv show.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Vecanti

Played Metamor Jupiter for the first time. Got to level 3 and I had no idea any Turbo games effects like that.  Pretty amazing!