The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

I've bought me a cibler Cocoron for 315yens at HO yesterday :)

FC Cocoron.. hahaha!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/28/2011, 01:18 AMI've bought me a cibler Cocoron for 315yens at HO yesterday :)

FC Cocoron.. hahaha!
Good to hear Tats! You feelin' better? I've been worried about you with all the recent events.

RR1980

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/28/2011, 01:18 AMI've bought me a cibler Cocoron for 315yens at HO yesterday :)

FC Cocoron.. hahaha!
haha next you are gonna tell us you  got Rainbow Island for 100yen........FC Rainbow Island hehe :P

Opethian

IMG

more megadrive (and one genny) goodness :D
IMG

geise

Very nice Opeth!  Love all those games, especially M.U.S.H.A.  I still have my japanese copy.  I love Bare Knuckles 3.  I just wish the music was as good as the first two.

bartre

let's see, my MGC haul -
Splash Lake US - courtesy of BlueBMW
Arcade Card Duo
Fatal Fury 2
Super Raiden
Alien Syndrome SMS
Night Trap CD32X

pretty good time, if i do say so myself.

Mathius

Here's my MGC haul!

/105_0115.jpg

nectarsis

Son Son II FTW!!!!
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

argh I still need Metamor Jupiter!!! nice Haulie Shore
IMG

nectarsis

8) Yeah that's right...

/9d3cec14.jpg

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

TheClash603

Son Son II is great Mathius.

Why did Capcom take poor Son Son from MvC3?!?

Mathius

Yes it is! :D

I am really enjoying Metamore Jupiter also. It has a really weird, and sometimes depressing, atmosphere.

Senshi

How much was that super famicom Mathius if you don't mind me asking.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Mathius

Quote from: Senshi on 03/28/2011, 08:29 PMHow much was that super famicom Mathius if you don't mind me asking.
The system and all four games ran me about $185.

RR1980

Yay Matt you finally got your Son Son II I think you have been wanting that since last year!

henrycsc

Beamer, it's great to see that you're slowing down with spending   :P

Awesome MGC hauls guys!  Looks like there were at least a couple copies of Metamor to be had (Turbo, did you encourage that?  :lol: )

Who got the virtual cushion?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

Quote from: RR1980 on 03/28/2011, 09:57 PMYay Matt you finally got your Son Son II I think you have been wanting that since last year!
Yep! :D Waited forever on that one!

Quote from: henrycsc on 03/28/2011, 09:58 PMBeamer, it's great to see that you're slowing down with spending   :P

Awesome MGC hauls guys!  Looks like there were at least a couple copies of Metamor to be had (Turbo, did you encourage that?  :lol: )

Who got the virtual cushion?
As for me I asked the guys what would be the first PCE they would choose out of MadGear's selection and they unanimously said Metamor.

JoshTurboTrollX

Some pics of everything I got @ MGC

2600 funz-
/0328111816.jpg
Some Atari 7800 love.  Gonna have to upload some vids playing these 8-bit gems!
/0328111816a.jpg
The ONLY C64 game we could find for sale.
/0328111817.jpg
Stack of free 'Feet of Fury's
/0328111817a.jpg
Three Sega CD titles for a buck each.
/0328111817b.jpg
Who could turn down a VMU for a dollar?
/0328111817c.jpg
Gracias Nectar for the perfect copy of Gunstar 2 for only $5!!
/0328111818.jpg
Two kick ass Acclaim Saturn games!! LOL- Robotica is actually fun, SF Movie is just funny to play!!
/0328111818a.jpg
2 rarer Saturn titles, at least in the states, These imports set me back $5 each.  Love Shining the Holy Ark!!
/0328111818b.jpg
A loose Galactic Attack for the Saturn.  Cost me $8, probably not at all a good deal... probably an impulse buy.  :C  Still, fun game that I didn't own!!
/0328111819.jpg
Finally some OBEY!!  All Imports, All losey, all cheap!
Fire Pro Wrestling 3, F1 Racing, Rabio Lepus, Dungeon Explorer, and SUSANO-Ō DENSETSU(Thanks Nectar!!)
/0328111829.jpg
A complete Dragon Spirit
/0328111829a.jpg
MAJOR THANK YOU TO JASON!! AKA- turbografxfan for letting lucky me take these off your hands!  Finally got me some Ranma love, and this Conan game just simply rocks!! I OWE YOU SO HUGE!!!
/0328111830.jpg
loose CD of Buster Bros.  Along with 2/3 instruction Manual... weird, but only $10- couldn't resist!!  YAY!! Super PANG!!
/0328111830a.jpg

All in all, I spent around $140 in total for everything.  We gave ourselves $300 to spend for the show, My wife snagged some pretty cool stuff, TMNT cell, A wand/pen thingy from the wand makers, and I scored a 'Super DodgeBall' arcade marquee for $10 too.

Had a great time, found some great softs, looking forward to doing it again next year!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Still digging that  'Super DodgeBall' arcade marquee for $10

Mathius

Mario Bros. for 7800! One of my all time favorite old-old school games! I wish they would release the ACTUAL arcade game on VC or compilation! I got tired of all the "almost" arcade accurate ones!

I wish I would have taken advantage of some of those loosie PCE games.  ](*,) I was just overwhelmed by all the mint copies. Next year I'll be more patient. Maybe :mrgreen:

Opethian

IMG

An obedient package hath arrived!
IMG

Tatsujin

finally got a new pce games after more than a half year purchase absence :)

IMG

only 4 hueys to go :)

Artist Tool
PC Genjin 3 Taikenban
Power League All Star Gold HuCard
Quiz Toko Shashin
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

oh power league gold thats a pricey one! Do you already have the YŌKAI DŌCHŪKI  golds O_O
IMG

Tatsujin

lol not have, not even listed. it's a dream :P

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 03/29/2011, 05:34 PMMario Bros. for 7800! One of my all time favorite old-old school games! I wish they would release the ACTUAL arcade game on VC or compilation! I got tired of all the "almost" arcade accurate ones!
And Donkey Kong for that matter.
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/30/2011, 10:54 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/29/2011, 05:34 PMMario Bros. for 7800! One of my all time favorite old-old school games! I wish they would release the ACTUAL arcade game on VC or compilation! I got tired of all the "almost" arcade accurate ones!
And Donkey Kong for that matter.
Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/30/2011, 11:06 AMand popeye for that matter.
Both these are loaded with nostalgia for me! :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/29/2011, 05:11 PMStill digging that  'Super DodgeBall' arcade marquee for $10
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that-  Here's some pix of it with my makeshift MAME cab I'm in the process of finishing. :)

/0330110709.jpg
/0330110709a.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

henrycsc

Congrats Tats, I'm currently working on getting 21 Emon Mezase! too.  I'm closing in on the hueys as well, but I don't even have the gold cards on my radar.  :(

Do you have Bomberman Users Battle huey?  Isn't that one also in the realm of dreams?
Wanted:

TheClash603

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/30/2011, 11:06 AMand popeye for that matter.
Mix this game, Moon Patrol, Chiller, After Burner, Spy Hunter, shitty pizza, and dancing robot bears...  ou have my childhood.

Tatsujin

Quote from: henrycsc on 03/30/2011, 06:55 PMCongrats Tats, I'm currently working on getting 21 Emon Mezase! too.  I'm closing in on the hueys as well, but I don't even have the gold cards on my radar.  :(

Do you have Bomberman Users Battle huey?  Isn't that one also in the realm of dreams?
not really. users battle usually is around 15000~20000 yens. not really different to the other special hueys (except power league gold).

how many hueys do you have left to go? :)

henrycsc

I have 16 to go... Users Battle is my Genjin 3 Taikenban
I also lack the gold hueys, but probably wont get them....  $$$$
Wanted:

SuperDeadite

First time I've ever seen one of these in person.  And for a grand total of $20,
I had to buy this oddity.  GIRL POWER!!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bartre

no turbo today :( but i did find some good stuff

Ys Oath in felghana limited - $16
Final fantasy tactics advance - $6
Eternal darkness guide - $3
mario tennis guide - $2

Tatsujin

veary neace, deadite :D

I would have snagged it as well :)

Opethian

ahha nice Deadite print me out some stickers
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbokon

I didn't buy this but its wealth sharing.  I got this Projection TV from the wife's brother n law for FREE.  Now my office is a turbo gaming room :dance:
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

Very nice!

Here is my post MGC haul. Note the Hori Digital Controller that I finally acquired!

/105_0120.jpg

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 04/02/2011, 11:43 AMawesome shubibinman 3 !
I got to schubi 3 just before Turbostar got to it. Who knows what will happen to it when I am done. :wink:

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mathius on 04/02/2011, 11:45 AM
I got to schubi 3 just before Turbostar got to it. Who knows what will happen to it when I am done. :wink:
Shoobs trizzle is so awesome!!  I still need to get all three, any sellers looking to unload #2 or the original?  ;)

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/02/2011, 02:40 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/02/2011, 11:45 AM
Shoobs trizzle is so awesome!!  I still need to get all three, any sellers looking to unload #2 or the original?  ;)
You're YT name is shubibinman and yet you don't have any of the games??? Talk about irony! :lol: <<<slaps Josh real hard on the back while chuckling>>>

TheClash603

Nice Ope, you got one of the best Famicom exclusives.

hoobs88

Quote from: Mathius on 04/02/2011, 12:37 AMVery nice!

Here is my post MGC haul. Note the Hori Digital Controller that I finally acquired!

IMG
I picked up one those Hori controllers at a Flea Market but still haven't got around to using it since I only have 1 GC game. Can you use the D-pad instead of the analog stick on games that require the stick?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mathius

The only non-Game Boy Player games that I know of that will work with the Hori are fighting games. But, I have heard that the Hori is compatible with some VC games on the Wii.