@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Here's the weekend's haul.  Some from the VGS, some from Chicagoland stores, some waiting for me in the mail when I got back home!

The three veccy games are for SuperDeadite :P

/VGSHaul.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

what pcfx game is that in the middle?

BlueBMW

Quote from: thesteve on 07/17/2011, 08:21 PMwhat pcfx game is that in the middle?
Blue Breaker... heard it was good hehe.  And finding PC-FX games in a brick and mortar store... jawsome!  :mrgreen:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Blue Breaker is an excellent game, but it's quite complicated, so use the FAQ.
The personality simulation is nuts.  Each girl has her own P.M.S. cycle, and even
gets jealous of the other girls.  Game is totally nuts!

Got a bitchin upgrade board for the Fresh:
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

IMG

hizaygizirlz

Sweet Blast Corps.  Thats one of the few games I've sold over the years, but I think its time I made that return.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

BlueBMW

Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 07/17/2011, 09:25 PMSweet Blast Corps.  Thats one of the few games I've sold over the years, but I think its time I made ti return.
Its one of those odd games I remember playing and thinking it was cool, but never actually owned it :P  This has been corrected!

Tatsujin

Lol, what does the overdriveprocessorboard exactly do?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/17/2011, 09:45 PMLol, what does the overdriveprocessorboard exactly do?
Processor upgrade board.  From a 486x33mhz to a 586x133mhz! 
Quite a boost in power, and simply plug and play :)

Tatsujin

and does now mahou finally run like the arcade? :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperDeadite

Still not as smooth as the arcade.  But it's very playable now, and very enjoyable. :)
Ultima Underworld now runs at 60fps, so smooth!  The Sega ports are insanely fast now.
Normally if you let them sit on the menu for about 30 seconds, they enter demo mode. 
Now it enters demo mode after about 5 seconds. LOL.  Turbo Outrun is now faster then the
original arcade, total insanity but still totally playable.  Fucking awesome!

Tatsujin

fresh :)

but Turbo Outrun on the towns misses sooo many detail.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/18/2011, 02:22 AMfresh :)

True, but as far as I know it's still the best port ever released.  And no way in hell I'd spend the 70,000yen
the pcb sells for these days.  Towns Galaxy Force II is also a big downgrade from the arcade, but I prefer
it over the Saturn version, just so smooth.

TheClash603

How come everyone has a Vectrex but me?  :(

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/18/2011, 02:51 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/18/2011, 02:22 AMfresh :)

True, but as far as I know it's still the best port ever released. 
True back!

Lilgrafx

17 SNES and N64 for games for 4 bucks at Good Will, Including:

Sunset riders (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Street Fighter 2 turbo (SNES)
Ocarina of Time (64)
Majora's Mask (64)
Super Mario 64

God I love Good Will.

Zeon

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/18/2011, 07:11 AMHow come everyone has a Vectrex but me?  :(
I have no veccy either, so you aren't alone.

Up at UTD all last week, I got to check out the store by the Midnight Madness or whatever card/comic/rpg game/hobby shop, Games FX iirc. They had a nice varied selection, and the prices were fair. Some games were slightly under priced, some slightly over, but nothing stood out as insane.

They had two tg-16 games even, though it's not like I haven't seen my share of loose Keiths in the wild. The other was a loose Andre Kick Boxing whatever. They also had an oddly large selection of 3do games, including that Street Fighter 2 port it got and the shitactular cheesefest that is Way of the Warrior. I almost grabbed the $10 loose Final Fight CD they had, but I wanted more than I had the money I felt comfortable spending, so it didn't make the cut.

I grabbed a loose Herzog Zwei and Starflight for genny, and a complete Star Ocean: Second Story for psx. Starflight was a game I got on a hunch that it was one of the games I remember my dad renting and watching him play for hours on end.

I had done this once before, but this time the gamble paid off. $10 was probably slightly overpriced for the game, but it was well worth it to reclaim a piece of my childhood. It's a surprising deep and open ended game on the genesis; it's one of the early games from EA's beginning days, and I believe it's a port from pc.

Star Ocean was one of the games I always saw for $20 complete at Gamestop and EB Games when they still carried psx games (and nes, snes, genesis, etc), but never had enough money for it after the other games I was after first.

Then Gamestop stopped carrying "retro" games, ate EB shortly after, and collectors started focusing on US psx rpgs more and more for a while, driving up the asking price for a lot of them. Star Ocean 2 was one such casualty, but thankfully it has gone back to the value it previously, steadily held after the psp remakes/ports of the first two star oceans came out: $20-$30. I wouldn't have paid the $60+ it commanded for a short while, but I think it was well worth the $25 I paid for a complete copy.

And then the $11 Herzog Zwei, I think speaks for itself by now. I've never played it beyond a few moments in an emulator, but I'm looking forward to digging into this game of legend and yore. I can definitely see why it didn't go over too well in 1989, the game is confusing as hell the first time jumping in, and it's like nothing else of it's time. Speaking of...how exactly DO you play the game? I need to look up the manual for it or something...

Tatsujin

I have no veccy anymore. Sold everything years ago :(

SuperDeadite

Opethian

that vectrex puts my pole into position...
IMG

16bit

Here's everything I picked up over the weekend through today...particularly stoked about the mail-order only Boba Fett since I sent in for well after the deadline, so surprised I got it. Can't wait to dig into Startling Odyssey II using the translation patch, and that's a brand new copy of Brandish which I subsequently opened and drooled over. Also picked up Earth Defense Force 2 and R.A.D. (sooo underrated) for PS2 and found Thousand Arms for $20. Lastly, going to feed the PC some space shooters...and thanks again RR1980 for Hellfire S!

/lotz3i.jpg

nectarsis

Quote from: 16bit on 07/19/2011, 08:01 PMR.A.D. (sooo underrated) for PS2
R.A.D.  Is a lot cooler than many give it credit for, cool nabs.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

magicoal an hellfire fuck yea!!
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Opethian on 07/19/2011, 10:47 PMmagicoal an hellfire fuck yea!!
Add Blood Gear & Godzilla to that fuck yea!!
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Senshi

I'm gonna have to get Magicoal and try it out some day.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

16bit

Quote from: Senshi on 07/20/2011, 10:15 AMI'm gonna have to get Magicoal and try it out some day.
Magicoal is pretty awesome. It will be interesting to see how far I can get w/o a walkthrough anywhere on the net.

blueraven

Last Weeks haul:

Strider PCE (!!!)
Cadash
Silent Debuggers (loose)

...and a few looose huey doubles that will be traded here soon.

Also...

250 100uf 16v caps :D

Sleepy Gnome

I brought these but forgot to check if the xbox games are forwards compatable. Sadly Capcom Classics is not (yet), which is a real shame as there are some excellent games on there I was looking forward to playing. I was even thinking of getting an arcade stick to play them with (22 in total including Super Ghouls and Ghosts). Hope fully they make it compatable with the 360 one day.

The Temco Disk has the excellent Temco Bowl (never been an american football fan but that game rocked) and a few others worth mentioning (11 in total) on it and thank god it is forwards compatable.

I loved time splitters two on the gamecube and Time splitters 'Future Project' is the sequal so looking forward to giving that a shot at some point.

Another TG game as well. Pac Land - in factor seal. Nice.

IMG

hoobs88

The kitchen from the original Time Splitters game brings back so many memories of mayhem!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Sleepy Gnome

loved that game. four player mode was great espically when you did the virus mode thing and you could create your own map with a really long corrodor with four big machine guns at the end and just sit there and mow down the 'infected' as they ran at you. eventually they would overpower you but just due to a stupid move by one of the team. i used to fricking love time splitters II.

Mathius

Here is my latest hauls. The first pics are my pickups from Chicago.
/101_0380.jpg

Thanks NecroPhile!

/101_0381-1-1.jpg
That's awesome!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: 16bit on 07/19/2011, 08:01 PMHere's everything I picked up over the weekend through today...particularly stoked about the mail-order only Boba Fett since I sent in for well after the deadline, so surprised I got it. Can't wait to dig into Startling Odyssey II using the translation patch, and that's a brand new copy of Brandish which I subsequently opened and drooled over. Also picked up Earth Defense Force 2 and R.A.D. (sooo underrated) for PS2 and found Thousand Arms for $20. Lastly, going to feed the PC some space shooters...and thanks again RR1980 for Hellfire S!
Thousand Arms is a good pickup as well. I remember that game had really great art and nice 2D sprites in battles.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 07/20/2011, 02:38 PMHere is my latest hauls. The first pics are my pickups from Chicago.
/101_0380.jpg
Thanks NecroPhile!

/101_0381-1-1.jpg
That's awesome!
You left out the Social Security numbers on the Magician Lord cart
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Ha ha! Yeah, I would but I probably shouldn't.  :P

16bit

Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 07/20/2011, 01:44 PMI brought these but forgot to check if the xbox games are forwards compatable. Sadly Capcom Classics is not (yet), which is a real shame as there are some excellent games on there I was looking forward to playing. I was even thinking of getting an arcade stick to play them with (22 in total including Super Ghouls and Ghosts). Hope fully they make it compatable with the 360 one day.
Sadly if the game is not compatible with the 360 it likely never will be. The good news is that an original XBOX console can be had for cheap...check your local pawn shops you can get one for around $20.

16bit

Quote from: Mathius on 07/20/2011, 02:38 PMHere is my latest hauls. The first pics are my pickups from Chicago.
/101_0380.jpg
Thanks NecroPhile!
Very nice score...this game is becoming insanely rare. Nice job!

Sleepy Gnome

Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 07/20/2011, 01:44 PMI brought these but forgot to check if the xbox games are forwards compatable. Sadly Capcom Classics is not (yet), which is a real shame as there are some excellent games on there I was looking forward to playing. I was even thinking of getting an arcade stick to play them with (22 in total including Super Ghouls and Ghosts). Hope fully they make it compatable with the 360 one day.

The Temco Disk has the excellent Temco Bowl (never been an american football fan but that game rocked) and a few others worth mentioning (11 in total) on it and thank god it is forwards compatable.

I loved time splitters two on the gamecube and Time splitters 'Future Project' is the sequal so looking forward to giving that a shot at some point.

Another TG game as well. Pac Land - in factor seal. Nice.
oh how fricking annoying. Capcom and time splitters are not forwards compatable and the temco game kept crashing. I have ordered quite a few other origional xbox games and looks like I might have wasted my cash now - luckly they were all dirty cheap...

Opethian

wardner!! one of toaplan's platform games I got it on FDS and its pretty fun
IMG

Senshi

the character in wardner reminds me of Cartman
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Lilgrafx

I bought MUSHA on the Genesis for two bucks at a local game store! I didn't even know what it was worth I just thought it looked good.  :D :D :D

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/20/2011, 09:02 PMI bought MUSHA on the Genesis for two bucks at a local game store! I didn't even know what it was worth I just thought it looked good.  :D :D :D
Complete or cart only?  And yes it is awesome!

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 07/20/2011, 07:04 PMwardner!! one of toaplan's platform games I got it on FDS and its pretty fun
I heard that there was a FDS version of Wardner out there. Me want!

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/20/2011, 09:14 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/20/2011, 09:02 PMI bought MUSHA on the Genesis for two bucks at a local game store! I didn't even know what it was worth I just thought it looked good.  :D :D :D
Complete with a Manuel in mint condition. The game is great and the music is rockin.

Tatsujin

yo math, how much was teh magician lord? :)

Mathius

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 07/20/2011, 10:47 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/20/2011, 09:14 PM
Complete with a Manuel in mint condition. The game is great and the music is rockin.
:shock:

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/20/2011, 11:16 PMyo math, how much was teh magician lord? :)
I picked up Magician Lord and Bloody Wolf for 40 clams. Some dude wrote his Social Security number on the back of ML's cart using a solder gun though.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 07/20/2011, 11:32 PMI picked up Magician Lord and Bloody Wolf for 40 clams. Some dude wrote his Social Security number on the back of ML's cart using a solder gun though.

Wow, that's a bargain. Bloodly Wolf goes for about that alone here in Japan. ML is usually about 100 bucks here.

OK, the soldergun thing isnt nice tho :(

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/21/2011, 12:13 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/20/2011, 11:32 PMI picked up Magician Lord and Bloody Wolf for 40 clams. Some dude wrote his Social Security number on the back of ML's cart using a solder gun though.

Wow, that's a bargain. Bloodly Wolf goes for about that alone here in Japan. ML is usually about 100 bucks here.

ML is one of the most common carts over here due to it being a pack in I think.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/21/2011, 12:13 AM

Depends on which version Tats.  The original "Rental Version" is typically 8,000-10,000yeners.
The "Normal Release" is around 3,000 usually.

Tatsujin

get me 1x normal release for 3000 PLZ :)

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/21/2011, 01:23 AMget me 1x normal release for 3000 PLZ :)
Rental Release: http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/163000376001.html
Normal Release: http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/163000011001.html

Personally I much prefer the nicer colors on the Rental Version. :)