@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2011, 12:05 PMRed Dwarf VIII showed up in my mailbox yesterday - now this smeghead has 'em all.  8)
Pretty AWESOME!!!

thrush

Quote from: blueraven on 08/17/2011, 12:49 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/17/2011, 12:05 PMRed Dwarf VIII showed up in my mailbox yesterday - now this smeghead has 'em all.  8)
Pretty AWESOME!!!
Agreed!  ^^

Trevpwnsnoobs

my weeks haul so far :)

IMG_0997.JPG
(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

Sadler

I mentioned to a friend that I bought an FC Twin last weekend and he asked me if I wanted to buy his SNES collection. Initially he said $25, but went up to $40. I think what I got out of it is worth it though. Almost everything came with box (generally in great condition) and manual. Plus there was some NES stuff in there!

Here's an overview of the haul:

/insmjn.jpg

Here's a close up of some of the SNES games, including a boxed Mario RPG and Zelda 3 :D

/2a5cfmo.jpg

Here are SF2, SF2 Turbo and SSF2. With my Fighting Street and PCE SF2, this is a decent SF2 collection :D

/24eu8ee.jpg

Finally, here's the NES stuff (not including game genie):

/id7w61.jpg

Not bad for $40!

BlueBMW

You could have bought an arcade card for $40...[-(

J/K nice haul... even if it is Nintendo stuffs!  :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sadler

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/17/2011, 08:21 PMYou could have bought an arcade card for $40...[-(

J/K nice haul... even if it is Nintendo stuffs!  :D
Good news! I've already got an arcade card. :D Trust me, I'm loyal to TG/PCE, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend a lot of time enjoying SNES in HS. ALSO the Duo is currently in the mail to be modded. I need some retro goodness while I wait.  :dance:

BlueBMW

Awesome Sadler!  That is a pretty impressive haul for $40.  Boxed Nes and SNES games are harder to find.

Actually for some reason I thought that posting was trevpwnsnoobs lol.  That evoked the comment I posted hehe.  Sorry for the mixup!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Trevpwnsnoobs

oh bemby, its ok........But DONT! do it Again!!!!!
(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

liquitek

Nice pick up Sadler.  $40 was a good price for that lot imo  =D&gt;

RR1980

and the best part about buying from a friend is you know there won't be crap games!

blueraven

Unless they're not taken care of. But this guy looks like he cares :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Sadler on 08/17/2011, 08:18 PMI mentioned to a friend that I bought an FC Twin last weekend and he asked me if I wanted to buy his SNES collection. Initially he said $25, but went up to $40. I think what I got out of it is worth it though. Almost everything came with box (generally in great condition) and manual. Plus there was some NES stuff in there!

Here's an overview of the haul:

/insmjn.jpg

Here's a close up of some of the SNES games, including a boxed Mario RPG and Zelda 3 :D
/2a5cfmo.jpg

Here are SF2, SF2 Turbo and SSF2. With my Fighting Street and PCE SF2, this is a decent SF2 collection :D

/24eu8ee.jpg

That boxed Super Mario RPG alone is worth more than you paid for everything.

Finally, here's the NES stuff (not including game genie):

/id7w61.jpg

Not bad for $40!
--DragonmasterDan

Sadler

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/17/2011, 09:51 PMAwesome Sadler!  That is a pretty impressive haul for $40.  Boxed Nes and SNES games are harder to find.

Actually for some reason I thought that posting was trevpwnsnoobs lol.  That evoked the comment I posted hehe.  Sorry for the mixup!
Thanks man! No worries! :D

Sadler

Quote from: RR1980 on 08/18/2011, 11:01 AMand the best part about buying from a friend is you know there won't be crap games!
Well, there IS some wrestling game in there. But everything else looks sweet! I'm psyched about Adventure Island 2. I loved New Adventure Island!

Sadler

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/18/2011, 04:44 PMThat boxed Super Mario RPG alone is worth more than you paid for everything.
Took me a while to see what you posted :D I was thinking the same, but I'm awful with determining the values of games. See my Bomberman '93 episode. I have no intention of selling any of these, but I am curious: how much is the boxed Mario RPG worth?

NecroPhile

That is one nice looking pile of (mostly) boxed Nintendo goodies, especially so at only $40.  What's the loosey goose NES cartridge?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dalder

man ! NICE SCORE on the Nintendo Stuff !!!

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 08/18/2011, 05:34 PMThat is one nice looking pile of (mostly) boxed Nintendo goodies, especially so at only $40.  What's the loosey goose NES cartridge?
The three loose NES cartridges are Legend of Zelda (original gold cart), Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Adventure Island 2.

NecroPhile

Oh, duh; I should've figured that out from your previous post.  Have fun with Master Higgins.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperDeadite

The original EP from 1976.  Kei truly is one of the hottest women to ever exist.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

IMG

TheClash603

Ope, nice haul with both Outrun (one of the best games ever) and Spelunker (a personal favorite with a shiny red light).

RR1980

Opethian

IMG
and this little trade deal finally went through!
IMG

Sparky

Dalder

chany60126

Quote from: Opethian on 08/21/2011, 05:32 PMIMG
Tsk Tsk Mr. Japan only gamer. SON, I AM DISSAPOINT. :P

BlueBMW

I can fix that problem for ya ope :D  We've got pretty little blue chips to fix that problem!

Mathius

...and BOXED too! <<<whistles>>>

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Opethian on 08/21/2011, 05:32 PMIMG
Did you just get the box or was there a system in it?
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

heh I got the system too but no cardboard spacer :(
IMG

SuperDeadite

Found an old CDV today, never seen one before.  Ironically from a singer I actually like.
Talk about obscure ass video formats!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PunkCryborg

nectarsis

FINALLY nabbed Hi Leg via a sweet deal from teh BMW man.  Couldn't pass up the Ultraman set for $4 either  :lol:

/9009abd3.jpg

With Borders book stores closing there's still deals to be had in their VERY picked over stores.

/2ddd9166.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

I just got home from a Mecca of Turbo located somewhere in the Southeast.  Here's what I brought back!

/HenlerHauly.jpg
/HenlerHauly2.jpg
/HenlerHauly3.jpg

That's a camp california soundtrack, not the actual game.

And while I was gone, a few things arrived in the mail:

/32x1.jpg
/32x2.jpg

chany60126

Nice monty haul beamer! =D&gt; Is that the Camp California soundtrack or the PCE version of the game?

BlueBMW

Quote from: chany60126 on 08/27/2011, 06:39 PMNice monty haul beamer! =D&gt; Is that the Camp California soundtrack or the PCE version of the game?
Its just the soundtrack.  I have the game already, and I believe it was a US exclusive!

Looks like I'm less than 10 hucards away from a US set.  Though I wont be going for Magical Chase, that's just silly.  worst one still to go is Tonma :(

Sparky

nice beamer... you are 1 lucky bugger when finding godzillias!!! :)
will keep an eye out in canuck land for you for Tonma

Mathius

Wow! :shock: Cadash, Last Alert and Cotton =P~

You need to return those 32X games. They are all upside down. [-( :P

BlueBMW

Yeah I dont know why photobucket flips pictures sometimes...  oh well,  32x is kind of a backwards system anyways.

roflmao

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/27/2011, 06:01 PMI just got home from a Mecca of Turbo located somewhere in the Southeast.  Here's what I brought back!
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Wow, very cool.

Mishran

Damn, only place to find any Turbo games in my area is eBay! :evil: Curse the lack of retro game stores! ](*,) You guys get all the cool shit. :cry:

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mishran on 08/28/2011, 12:36 AMDamn, only place to find any Turbo games in my area is eBay! :evil: Curse the lack of retro game stores! ](*,) You guys get all the cool shit. :cry:
None of that was from a store.  That was all from a collector's duplicate stash :P   Cost me a Laseractive + PC Engine pac, so it certainly wasn't free!

JapanTokei

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/27/2011, 06:01 PMI just got home from a Mecca of Turbo located somewhere in the Southeast.  Here's what I brought back!
Beamer!  happy to see you got back Bloody, Cadash and DE2 !! :)

bartre

w00t! kolibri!
i wish i had that shockman and last alert, or really any of those other games that you grabbed (except of course for splash lake, which you so courteously provided me).
i'm almost afraid to ask how much that set you back.

Opethian

Kolibri fuck yea! beamer got one monty haul
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/28/2011, 03:42 AMBeamer!  happy to see you got back Bloody, Cadash and DE2 !! :)
Yeah, it was good timing for sure!  I knew I wanted to re-acquire those games at some point, didnt know it would happen so soon!

Quote from: bartre on 08/28/2011, 12:15 PMw00t! kolibri!
i wish i had that shockman and last alert, or really any of those other games that you grabbed (except of course for splash lake, which you so courteously provided me).
i'm almost afraid to ask how much that set you back.
It set me back a Laseractive + PCE pac hehe.

JapanTokei

Quote from: Opethian on 08/28/2011, 12:37 PMKolibri fuck yea! beamer got one monty haul
Ope were these stash from you ?  :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/28/2011, 03:54 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 08/28/2011, 12:37 PMKolibri fuck yea! beamer got one monty haul
Ope were these stash from you ?  :) 
The TG/PCE Stuff came from Henrycsc.  The 32X stuff came from a guy on www.gametz.com.