10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingsbums

Quote from: henrycsc on 09/10/2011, 01:11 AMDingsbums, would you mind sharing the spinecard and back insert that you made?
As my blog needs more hits :) - here you go
http://nerdigst.blogspot.com/

bartre

no camera, so i can't share the sexy, but over the past couple days i've got some games that i've been looking for for quite a while.
Wonder boy in monster world GEN
Trouble Shooter Gen
Mirror's Edge PS3
Bomberman the Second Attack N64

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

thrush

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 07:44 PMi few goodies today from a local buy and sell shop :) .....

IMG
Nice!  Pac Man World gets a lot of play in my household.  Also, that Dreamcast looks remarkably clean & unfaded for something out of a shop!

nectarsis

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/11/2011, 03:15 PMHow's Battlefield, neccler?
Not to bad at all actually.  Beat it on easy, and part of normal toda7.  Online has a LOT less choices game style wise than the COD games, but overall seems a bit better imho.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Digi.k

hmm heehee not really "buy" but I had to pay 100 bucks for material fees for uni today..

Gonna do a bachelor degree in Book Arts and Design.

/receiptuni.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/12/2011, 03:44 PMGonna do a bachelor degree in Book Arts and Design.
Awesome!  I studied Book Arts pretty heavily back in my college days.  I still from time to time make books.  My wife teaches visual journal workshops and my uncle is one of the bigger names in the book arts scene (Ed Hutchins).  Congrats - you'll have a lot of fun.

Mathius

Mathius finally has a Duo! :D

...and some obey plus other goodies.

/101_0422.jpg
/101_0423.jpg

Mishran

Cool shit, man! Welcome to the Duo club! =D> Good a good few turbo games too. Dragon Slayer is really good.

Bernie

Nice going Mathius!  Congrats!!  Here is my most recent purchases

/IMG_5380.jpg

Opethian

the DUO!
and bernie got some nice hauls strider and DD Deuce
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 09/13/2011, 08:45 AMthe DUO!
and bernie got some nice hauls strider and DD Deuce
Yeah, gotta thank Ope for the kindly donated Raiden Project that I can't play yet. :)

JapanTokei

Mathius thats obe good looking duo!  Like the blue moddes led too!  I dont like the default reddish/purple light

Mathius

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/13/2011, 01:06 PMMathius thats obe good looking duo!  Like the blue moddes led too!  I dont like the default reddish/purple light
I don't care for the original LED either.

Thanks Keith Courage for this Duo man! :D

Bernie

Here we go with another unique console I just got in yesterday.  After I test it out, and see if its worth it, I may buy another just for a raffle here.  They are made by Atari, and seem to be built pretty good.  I just havent fired it up yet.  Only thing I do not like is the system only has 40 built in games, granted they are nice games to have.  But the not being able to play the 2600 carts is a small turn-off for me. 
/IMG_5382.jpg

Tatsujin

yeah, and why not have built-in EVERY game ever made for the VCS? that still would be less data than like one turbo huey game.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bernielindell on 09/14/2011, 12:23 PMHere we go with another unique console I just got in yesterday.  After I test it out, and see if its worth it, I may buy another just for a raffle here.  They are made by Atari, and seem to be built pretty good.  I just havent fired it up yet.  Only thing I do not like is the system only has 40 built in games, granted they are nice games to have.  But the not being able to play the 2600 carts is a small turn-off for me. 
I have a Flashback 2, but not a 2+. I wonder what the differences are.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/14/2011, 12:50 PMI have a Flashback 2, but not a 2+. I wonder what the differences are.
The substitution of 'real sports' games for good games.  :|
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldMan

Somewhere I saw plans to mod those so you can actually play all the atari games. Not sure which model(s), but that's what I was planning on doing to mine :)

roflmao

Here's a link to mod it to play actual cartridges. 
http://www.atarimuseum.com/fb2hacks/index.htm

The link is pretty old so I don't know if you can still get the parts from his sources, but I've been meaning to try it out and have never gotten around to it. :)

nectarsis

JoshTurboTrollX

AWESOME pickups nectler!!  WOO!!  I am about two weeks from starting Castle Roogna and then I need to buy more of the series!

XANTH!!!  wooo!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/15/2011, 04:48 PMAWESOME pickups nectler!!  WOO!!  I am about two weeks from starting Castle Roogna and then I need to buy more of the series!

XANTH!!!  wooo!
LOL just got em in yesterday, and went threw 100 pages in Source last night as I fell asleep.  Brings back so many "up late as hell reading half the night" good old days.

Mishran

Had an old computer game called Companions of Xanth. Wonder if it was based on the same world as the novels?

nectarsis

Quote from: Mishran on 09/16/2011, 09:08 AMHad an old computer game called Companions of Xanth. Wonder if it was based on the same world as the novels?
Yep same world...though the company that made it (supposedly) refused damn near all of Piers Anthonys input.

Bernie

Couple more Xbox 360 goodies.
/IMG_5384.jpg

roflmao

I love me some L4D.  I don't know if the Xbox 360 version contains the "Crash Course" campaign (I think it was a free addon in the Steam version) but it is just about perfect to play with a few buddies who need a quick break at the office.  Me and a few guys at the last place I worked at would play it on a regular basis to see if we could get through it in 15 minutes.  16 was the best we were ever able to do, but it was normally less than 20.  Perfect way to break up the day.

The "Dead Air" campaign has one of the coolest end levels.

dingsbums

Opethian

hmm pink and gold spine! any differences on those? Mines not the gold one :(
IMG

dingsbums

The only difference apart from the spine color is on the backside:

/spb901x676.jpg

The red square on the right one (golden spine).
I know it's 1st & 2nd print - but which one is the 1st & the 2nd release ???

Opethian

I think gold is 2nd print because some other games have the gold spine treatment I never saw it on Spriggan mk2 though
IMG

grahf

I picked up a Hudson Bee Card case. It fits the Ten No Koe Bank and Street Fighter II perfectly. The Arcade Card Pro is a bit too thick though.

/DSC_0072.JPG
/DSC_0073.JPG

henrycsc

Super cool case grahf! 

I agree with the spine-master.  Gold OBI is most likely the 2nd print.  Cool find.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

It goes without saying that those Hu Card cases would come in handy. Nice find!

Chuplayer

It was actually yesterday, but I picked up the Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns combo pack for Wii. It was my first Wii purchase in a while. It's pretty good.

finerion

I had an awesome weekend with a ton of great pickups. Got some awesome retro gaming gear from my wanted list and a retro computer system setup. Check out the videos here: http://www.thealfredeffect.com/?p=715
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

nectarsis

NecroPhile

Quote from: grahf on 09/18/2011, 01:22 AMI picked up a Hudson Bee Card case. It fits the Ten No Koe Bank and Street Fighter II perfectly. The Arcade Card Pro is a bit too thick though.
/DSC_0073.JPG
That's pretty neato!  Is it hard acrylic like a jewel case?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG
I need one of those cases for this :D
IMG

chany60126

Awesome memory card, ope! So it doesn't use a lithium battery like the standard Neo Geo memory card?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: chany60126 on 09/19/2011, 07:38 PMAwesome memory card, ope! So it doesn't use a lithium battery like the standard Neo Geo memory card?
Just on a side note, when I was in college I worked at a Drug store/convience store with a photo lab. They had a Gretag MasterLab machine that saved the chemical data on a Neo-Geo compatible memory card.
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

yea NEOGEO cards are JEIDA spec they are very similar to the old PCMCIA cards
also this card can hold every save for every game in the neo library
IMG

grahf

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2011, 05:04 PMThat's pretty neato!  Is it hard acrylic like a jewel case?
Yep.  It's fairly thick plastic, a tiny bit thicker than a CD case.
Actually, a nice case for HuCards are PCMCIA cases. Those old expansion cards that used to be the standard on laptops. They're exactly the same size as a hucard, except about twice as thick. You can fit two normal HuCards, or one thick one. But of course, they don't have have a luxurious Hudson logo on them :D

guyjin

Yesterday (tried to get pics, but couldn't find an SD card with less than 2 gigs):

Project Justice(Dreamcast, complete)
Phantasy Star(Master System, box and cart but no manual)

Opethian

IMG

SuperDeadite

Have fun beating that Salamander.  Without question it's the hardest version of the game.  Much tougher then
even the arcade version.  Oh, and be sure to get yourself a copy of Gradius 2 as well.  You can't get Salamander's
true ending without it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SMF

Just scored Shadow of the Beast, Shape Shifter, Night Creatures, Impossamole, Valis II, Valis III for $100. Guess I know for the next few weeks my night are gonna be busy.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Tatsujin

nice 573 hauly fo' shore. teh best :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

bartre

Quote from: guyjin on 09/21/2011, 09:19 AMYesterday (tried to get pics, but couldn't find an SD card with less than 2 gigs):

Project Justice(Dreamcast, complete)
Phantasy Star(Master System, box and cart but no manual)
by chance did you buy that project justice from gamers?