RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

Picked up this Sony PVM monitor yesterday for $10! I am only using composite currently until I can get some supplies to make some RGB cords. Just on composite it still looks fantastic! The screen refreshes so fast, everything is so silky smooth like butter

/photo8gp.jpg

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MotherGunner

Holy shit we have tons of those monitors at work.  Are they that special?  Never bothered turning one on.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Opethian

mothergunner: if they have RGB inputs or CMPTR they are worth taking.
IMG

nectarsis

PC Engine goodie from GameFreak...thanks again :)

/af63c8dd.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Sparky

Metal of Honor is a decent game there Nec :)

I stopped off at one of the few remaining Blockbusters in Canada and they were up to 70% off the entire store and they had some decent stock left....so i stocked up on a few ps3 games.... after the discount the cheapest was $3 and highest was $15  8)

IMG

bartre

I've been wanting to play alice, heard it was good
Crysis 2 though, that's got a sweet campaign.

BlueBMW

Crysis 2?  Yeesh, I only recently finished Crysis 1 lol.  Had to wait for my computer to catch up with the specs that game demanded.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PCEngineHell

Lol I beat Crysis 1 a couple years back when I built a Crossfire HD 3850 rig. Not a bad game at all. Beat Crysis 2 when it came out for pc also on my newer Crossfire system. It ran pretty smooth even on a single card, but even my sons Athlon II X3 435/Radeon HD 4830 system handled the game well on medium settings @1440x900. Crysis 2 kinda looks and runs like ass on PS3. So does Alice. The Pc release of Alice curb stomps the console ones with way better visuals,fps, and Physx support. Really to be expected though. Consoles are based off of 5+ year old tech, and the PS3 Nvidia gpu is already a bit weaker then the older Xbox 360 AMD Xenos gpu. I need to sit down and do a run through of Alice on my SLI rig. One day soon I hope....

Senshi

Mystery Science Theater....best show Evah!!  :dance:
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

BlueBMW

I was running on a crossfire system with two 6850 cards which was fine for running on a single screen, but I have a 3 screen setup that I like to use whenever possible and Crysis is one of those games that actually supports ultra wide resolutions.  It only choked on the final boss battle :D  Guess I need to try some of these newer games...

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/24/2011, 06:10 AMLol I beat Crysis 1 a couple years back when I built a Crossfire HD 3850 rig. Not a bad game at all. Beat Crysis 2 when it came out for pc also on my newer Crossfire system. It ran pretty smooth even on a single card, but even my sons Athlon II X3 435/Radeon HD 4830 system handled the game well on medium settings @1440x900. Crysis 2 kinda looks and runs like ass on PS3. So does Alice. The Pc release of Alice curb stomps the console ones with way better visuals,fps, and Physx support. Really to be expected though. Consoles are based off of 5+ year old tech, and the PS3 Nvidia gpu is already a bit weaker then the older Xbox 360 AMD Xenos gpu. I need to sit down and do a run through of Alice on my SLI rig. One day soon I hope....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sparky

ya guys those 2 games i was surprised to see with a 70% store wide sale... but i had to ask if there were any other ps3 games as they were behind the counter :) Once i finish with Resistance 3 and Singularity i will be onto Alice, suppose to be a good game.

and "Prof" i will  let you know how she runs, but like you said its really hard to beat a PC for gaming.

Senshi

Sparky, are you using the move gun for Resistance 3?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

nectarsis

Quote from: Senshi on 09/24/2011, 06:39 AMMystery Science Theater....best show Evah!!  :dance:
One of the best def 8)

Opethian

IMG

Sparky

Quote from: Senshi on 09/24/2011, 10:03 AMSparky, are you using the move gun for Resistance 3?
nah...i would like to try it but with a price tag of $149 moose bills i say no... maybe later when it comes down in price.
Its still a solid game!!!

TheClash603

I tried the move gun with resistance 3 and it was absolutely terrible.  You are better off without it.

Great series though.  Between that and Ratchet and Clank, best 2 series on Playstation now.

JapanTokei

Got a relative coming from Japan soon so I did some selective pickup at Y! auctions JP:
with all the shipping and credit card fees / high yen exchange rate - it comes out to about $100 USD. 
I will make peace with the JP version of Dynastic Hero  :wink: :wink:
Been wanting to playing Afterburner II and Atomic Robo Kid forever too!
Vigilente will bring back my childhood arcade memories.
Ranma is awesome and the best digital comic ever made, great to polish up my Japanese too with full menu and speech  8-[ 8-[
Lastly, Quiz Shashin is one mofo-rare game!!  Glad to finally found it  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:   <-- Henry - you wanted this too right?? maybe we can work something out...  8)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Opethian

is that  CD or Huey? that looks games sexpress!!
IMG

JapanTokei

Hi OPE - that's a Huey !  an obscure one from Sexpress & co !! 

Quote from: Opethian on 09/26/2011, 02:28 PMis that  CD or Huey? that looks games sexpress!!

Opethian

IMG

BlueBMW

Looks like virtual cameraman for pce!

nectarsis

Opethian

lol best line in boondock saints: INSIGNIFICUNT! BASTARDO!
IMG

roflmao

That movie is full of great lines.  :)

"Hey Fuckass, get me a beer!"

"Where you goin'? Nowhere."

"We'll start the ass-kissing with you."

"serial-crushed by some huge friggin' guy"

Willem Dafoe's character made the movie.  Without him the second movie wasn't nearly as good.  I wonder when the third one's coming out?

JapanTokei

I splurged on two items from ebay bin items - wasnt bargain prices by any means and i prob over paid, seller is in sapporro where my inlaw relative are from, so she will bring the games to make me a happy man soon:

Nexzr with spine (i have not seen one in 3 years)
Wai wai world 2 famicom complete with box etc.
Cost me 170 dollars

Will post actual pic once it comes

here are the photos from the auction.
IMG

IMG

SuperDeadite

Haven't seen Nexzr cib in 3 years?  Where you looking? Wally World? :P
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

the boondock saints is one of the rare 12/10 movie!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Nexzr is worth it at almost any price :D

MotherGunner

Mati should be buying my complete Nexzr today.  *fangers craused*
-MG

geise

It's sad when I hear of people selling off good games.  :cry:

MotherGunner

No way man, look at it this way;  Someone is buying a great game!
-MG

nectarsis

Opethian

fuck yea fight back to school!!!
IMG

LameKat

dingsbums

MVS carts
/ao5.jpg

Tatsujin PCB
/ao4s.jpg

Teki Paki PCB
/ao6j.jpg

I cleaned the hell out of those PCB's & (especially) the MVS carts:
/ao2qi.jpg

Now they look all shiny & like new again  :awe: .

BlueBMW

I am... jealous :D  How are Aero Fighters 2 and Prehistoric Isle 2 on MVS?

<---- Neo Geo noob!

Opethian

PI2 is pretty fun if you like the pre rendered sprites I liek AF 2 and AF3 alot!
IMG

henrycsc

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/26/2011, 01:57 PM<-- Henry - you wanted this too right?? maybe we can work something out...  8)
Um, yeah Tokei - it is one of the last few....  Where did you finally find it?

Great stuff guys.

Nect, that's the coolest fanny pack eva!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

I'd like try out Prehistoric Isle sometime! Really need to get a CMVS.

nectarsis

Quote from: henrycsc on 09/28/2011, 08:42 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/26/2011, 01:57 PM<-- Henry - you wanted this too right?? maybe we can work something out...  8)
Um, yeah Tokei - it is one of the last few....  Where did you finally find it?

Great stuff guys.

Nect, that's the coolest fanny pack eva!
LMAO that a fuzzy pimped out winter hat :P

henrycsc

Wear it as a fanny pack - even betta!  LOL
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

If you visit Australia with it, DONT call it a fanny pack! :lol:

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2011, 08:43 PMI'd like try out Prehistoric Isle sometime! Really need to get a CMVS.
as do I, any clue on how much $$$ they usually go for?

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 09/29/2011, 01:33 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2011, 08:43 PMI'd like try out Prehistoric Isle sometime! Really need to get a CMVS.
as do I, any clue on how much $$$ they usually go for?
Depends on the quality. I would estimate at around $300-$500 depending on the seller/maker.

munchiaz

My most recent finds. The first picture is stuff from my local game store. the second is stuff from goodwill

IMG
IMG

dingsbums

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/28/2011, 07:44 PMI am... jealous :D  How are Aero Fighters 2 and Prehistoric Isle 2 on MVS?

<---- Neo Geo noob!
I have not played Aero Fighters 2 enough yet to say anything about it but I played Prehistoric Isle 2 alot and I think its one of the best shooters on the MVS.

Quote from: bartre on 09/29/2011, 01:33 AMas do I, any clue on how much $$$ they usually go for?
I got it for 75 Euro.

UglyJoe

PachinkoActionHaul.jpg

Aw yeah, time for boring crazy Pachinko action!

Bernie

Got a nice package/packages today in the mail.   :D :D
/IMG_5413.jpg

Opethian

damn that DUO looks nicer than mine!
IMG