OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

Quote from: bernielindell on 09/29/2011, 07:42 PMGot a nice package/packages today in the mail.   :D :D
/IMG_5413.jpg
NICE dinner table!  X)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BlueBMW

Quote from: bartre on 09/29/2011, 01:33 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2011, 08:43 PMI'd like try out Prehistoric Isle sometime! Really need to get a CMVS.
as do I, any clue on how much $$$ they usually go for?
I paid $300 for my CMVS and it came with two MAS sticks :P

So Prehistoric Isle 2 is a shooter?! :shock:  must find.....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Yes, you really must find. ...and let Mathius play at MGC you will.

TR0N

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/29/2011, 11:30 PM
Quote from: bartre on 09/29/2011, 01:33 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/28/2011, 08:43 PMI'd like try out Prehistoric Isle sometime! Really need to get a CMVS.
as do I, any clue on how much $$$ they usually go for?
So Prehistoric Isle 2 is a shooter?! :shock:  must find.....
Yes PI2 is a shooter and a pricey one since it's mvs only and it can reach $100.00+ some times.
I have it think choplifter+dinosaurs.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperDeadite

PI2 is rather meh IMO.  Its extremely easy, some parts look really ugly. 
For an MVS only shooter its ok, but its weak for what it sells for.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JoshTurboTrollX

@ much - AXELAY!!!!!!

@ Bernie- VERY VERY NICE HAUL!!! WOOO!!  what is genocide?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Some sweet sweet shootie goodness in them thar blankets. Joe Red, I found a copy of Realm since I liked the brief glimpse I got in your run 'n gun special. Special thanks goes to bartre, and MotherGunner. :)

/105_0424.jpg

MotherGunner

-MG

bartre

hope you enjoy terminator!
...and the rest of the games i sent, i guess. :lol:

Sparky

nice haul bernie & Mathius terminator is a great Sega Cd game <<claps hands>>

I got a bunch of stuff last week...finally got around to posting...
Lots of mario shit and some Jurassic Park figures... (anyone have any to sell me let me know :))
IMG

Turbobobs from me friend NecroPhile :)
/bob-1.jpg

and from a guy at work he gave me this, to help with my spelling :P made my coleco which i thought was cool.
IMG

finerion

Very nice pickups Mathius. I especially like that copy of Robo Aleste and the SMS Sonic's. :)
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

henrycsc

Along with everyone else, my dog think's I'm crazy.

/p9303931.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

Wow! I don't recognize hardly any of those PCE games.

Mathius

After playing Nexzr this evening (and getting my ass handed to me by the 3rd stage boss) I am just...wow! Spriggan was my fave PCE shootie, but now it may be Nexzr. Great graphics, music, and gameplay really make this game shine like few can even come close to achieving. In the past I figured since Nexzr was so expensive and rare that a lot of its legend may be do to hype. For those in the dark (like I was previously) believe it! Wait for a good deal and jump on it!

I don't know why but Nexzr reminds me of Blazing Lazers. For me it's like playing a sequel to BL, and that's cool.  8)

BlueBMW

Sparky, is that a moose on that envelope?? :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PCEngineHell

JapanTokei

Matty - that is one hella set of pickup!  Sonics are tough to find carts on sms, and Nexzr with spine!!!  Wowow.  How is it?  You sound happy.  Tell me more.  I wasnt as patient as you and dropped 130 on mine.  Waiting for it to arrive..   Tell tell. 
Robo aleste is also freaking awesome.

Btw that Dog poster is great!!!  Hahahah.  I just showed it to my wifey too haha

Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2011, 11:26 PMAfter playing Nexzr this evening (and getting my ass handed to me by the 3rd stage boss) I am just...wow! Spriggan was my fave PCE shootie, but now it may be Nexzr. Great graphics, music, and gameplay really make this game shine like few can even come close to achieving. In the past I figured since Nexzr was so expensive and rare that a lot of its legend may be do to hype. For those in the dark (like I was previously) believe it! Wait for a good deal and jump on it!

I don't know why but Nexzr reminds me of Blazing Lazers. For me it's like playing a sequel to BL, and that's cool.  8)

MotherGunner

I gave Nexzr to Mati for $125 shipped.  And this is for a super super mint copy with Spine and Reg.  >=)
-MG

Mathius

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/01/2011, 11:18 AMMatty - that is one hella set of pickup!  Sonics are tough to find carts on sms, and Nexzr with spine!!!  Wowow.  How is it?  You sound happy.  Tell me more.  I wasnt as patient as you and dropped 130 on mine.  Waiting for it to arrive..   Tell tell.  
Robo aleste is also freaking awesome.

Btw that Dog poster is great!!!  Hahahah.  I just showed it to my wifey too haha

Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2011, 11:26 PMAfter playing Nexzr this evening (and getting my ass handed to me by the 3rd stage boss) I am just...wow! Spriggan was my fave PCE shootie, but now it may be Nexzr. Great graphics, music, and gameplay really make this game shine like few can even come close to achieving. In the past I figured since Nexzr was so expensive and rare that a lot of its legend may be do to hype. For those in the dark (like I was previously) believe it! Wait for a good deal and jump on it!

I don't know why but Nexzr reminds me of Blazing Lazers. For me it's like playing a sequel to BL, and that's cool.  8)
Robo Aleste is a great tide-me-over until I can get my hands on MUSHA. Solid game but the levels are kinda long, and minor enemies take too many hits, but an otherwise great game.

I was really lucky to find a Nexzr in minty fresh shape w/ spine and regs. The graphics are just amazing especially coming off some of the chip shooters.

Mathius

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/01/2011, 11:38 AMI gave Nexzr to Mati for $125 shipped.  And this is for a super super mint copy with Spine and Reg.  >=)
And I thank you good sir. :)

MotherGunner

-MG

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2011, 11:48 AMRobo Aleste is a great tide-me-over until I can get my hands on MUSHA. Solid game but the levels are kinda long, and minor enemies take too many hits, but an otherwise great game.

I was really lucky to find a Nexzr in minty fresh shape w/ spine and regs. The graphics are just amazing especially coming off some of the chip shooters.
Musha is also one of the best in the series. Definitely stick to using the laser beam and bomb weapon if want to kill stuff quicker in Robo Aleste. I love the soundtrack and the little cut-scenes to add to the atmosphere of the game. Doesn't have as vibrant graphic as Musha though. I picked mine up in '96 from Babbages for $15 :o) . My friend got Cobra Space Adventure for the same, which he just gave to me later on.

BTW, Nexzr is a biaaatch!!! I can't get through the third stage to save my life. Why do they make some of these games soooo hard? It is actually kinda ridiculous. I hate seeing great games almost ruined by ridiculous challenge. Try Art of Fighting 2 on the Neo Geo and you will see what I really mean. Just crazy man!!!

Mathius

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 10/01/2011, 04:43 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/01/2011, 11:48 AMRobo Aleste is a great tide-me-over until I can get my hands on MUSHA. Solid game but the levels are kinda long, and minor enemies take too many hits, but an otherwise great game.

Musha is also one of the best in the series. Definitely stick to using the laser beam and bomb weapon if want to kill stuff quicker in Robo Aleste. I love the soundtrack and the little cut-scenes to add to the atmosphere of the game. Doesn't have as vibrant graphic as Musha though. I picked mine up in '96 from Babbages for $15 :o) . My friend got Cobra Space Adventure for the same, which he just gave to me later on.

BTW, Nexzr is a biaaatch!!! I can't get through the third stage to save my life. Why do they make some of these games soooo hard? It is actually kinda ridiculous. I hate seeing great games almost ruined by ridiculous challenge. Try Art of Fighting 2 on the Neo Geo and you will see what I really mean. Just crazy man!!!
Chris Bucci said of Daimakumura that it was "frustratingly addictive," where you keep coming back for more and make progress bit by bit. I would label Nexzr as having that same addictive quality. I am up to the 3rd stage boss and I am sure to triumph eventually. :twisted:

Lilgrafx

Bought a minty Neo Geo pocket color in the box with Pac-man and Bust-a-Move from a forum member. I like the system now I just need to get some good games, there's nothing wrong with those games but they already have a million other ports.

Tatsujin

get the two metal slugs. they're great!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bernie

Got this in today.  Couple nice games, and a few goodies from retrogamecave.com.  Two black Duo controller extensions, 12 feet long.  And two power supplies made for the Turbo Duo to save my originals.  :)

/downsized_1003111439.jpg

Got the cables and power supplies from http://www.retrogamecave.com/  Very dependable seller, and ships fast.  After testing everything, I am more than pleased!

roflmao

Nice haul, bernie.  Star Parodier is a blast to play!

I agree, Chuck over at retrogamecave.com is a cool guy to work with.  He was a fairly prominent member of the Turbo Mailing List back in the mid-late Nineties.

MotherGunner

Someone told me the turbolist was still around.  Is this true?  How would one join?
-MG

NecroPhile

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/03/2011, 04:58 PMSomeone told me the turbolist was still around.  Is this true?  How would one join?
Still around?  Yes.  Still active?  Not exactly.

If ya wanna join, go to Mindrec, click on the 'subscribe' link on the left hand side, and follow the instructions for whichever version you want (unless it's an automated response system, it'll probably take a while).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

thesteve

a non working leapster

leapster.jpg

it works now

she is painting

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2011, 09:36 PMget the two metal slugs. they're great!
Those games and sonic will be my next few purchases

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 10/03/2011, 11:11 PMThose games and sonic will be my next few purchases
Match of the Millennium is good stuff too.
--DragonmasterDan

Mishran

/img0052qi.jpg

Just picked this up from the post office today. System is missing the rear exp. cover, oh well. Kick ass system regardless.

TheClash603

I will need to get a Super Grafx someday, good score!

It's just hard to justify purchasing a system with so few games...

Mishran

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/04/2011, 07:25 PMI will need to get a Super Grafx someday, good score!

It's just hard to justify purchasing a system with so few games...
It may only have 5 SGX games for it, but add a super cd-rom drive and an arcade card, and you have 700+ games spanning hucards to CDs. :dance: Justifies the purchase me thinks... :wink:

bartre

Well, I've signed up for SS 2011, so I'm trying to stay away from buying any turbo stuff.
that said, i grabbed Superman 64, Mortal Kombat 64, and No More Heroes Heroes Paradise yesterday, and they are all fun
fun being relative of course, as superman is a pos.
NMH is actually more fun on ps3, though i do wish i had the move.

tggodfrey

/307688_2113616282414_1305895832_32187707_1043316331_n.jpg
(Dungeon Explorer II and Bonk 3 CD)
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

chany60126

Dungeon Explorer II AND Bonk 3 CD. Wowee! Nice haul Terry!!

Mathius

Congrats on the super hauls there TG! I'll get Bonk 3 one day but I think it will be the Hu version as I will probably prefer the chiptunes over that version's redbook.

tggodfrey

Yeah I wanted to see the extra bonus rounds the CD had.
Games currently in play:

NecroPhile

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/05/2011, 04:43 AMYeah I wanted to see the extra bonus rounds the CD had.
Prepare to be underwhelmed.  They're really only fun when playing against a friend, when you can make fun of each other and talk some good smack.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JapanTokei

Matty - i have a minty pc genjin 3 i can sell you for 45 if you want.  I dont play it enough to keep.  I leave in 2 days for us so pm me asap if you want it :) 
Quote from: Mathius on 10/05/2011, 12:52 AMCongrats on the super hauls there TG! I'll get Bonk 3 one day but I think it will be the Hu version as I will probably prefer the chiptunes over that version's redbook.
Quote from: Mathius on 10/05/2011, 12:52 AMCongrats on the super hauls there TG! I'll get Bonk 3 one day but I think it will be the Hu version as I will probably prefer the chiptunes over that version's redbook.

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 10/05/2011, 09:38 AM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/05/2011, 04:43 AMYeah I wanted to see the extra bonus rounds the CD had.
Prepare to be underwhelmed.  They're really only fun when playing against a friend, when you can make fun of each other and talk some good smack.
Bummer
Games currently in play:

MotherGunner

Fret not Terry, let me know if you want to trade!  >=)
-MG

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

Sparky

nice Dan but it looks like you have a little ass wax on that Powersupply :P
man i still love the looks of that system :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/05/2011, 05:35 PMnice Dan but it looks like you have a little ass wax on that Powersupply :P
man i still love the looks of that system :)
I didn't even notice it, a bend q-tip later and it's now clean.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

I guess I didn't notice it either lol.

Mathius

Those "extension cords" come in handy don't they? :)

I need to get on Monoprice and see if they have any left.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 10/06/2011, 12:17 PMThose "extension cords" come in handy don't they? :)

I need to get on Monoprice and see if they have any left.
Yeah, I bought a bunch of them, they get use.
--DragonmasterDan