OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 10/17/2011, 12:22 AMModel 1 is the better sounding IMO. Here is MN12BIRD's video that offers more info.
Yeah, clear and crispy lightyears between.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mishran

/img0054ot.jpg
Most recent haul, and likely my last for a while.

NecroPhile

Snagged Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for the PSP as part of a Toy's R Us buy-two-get-the-third-free sale.  Two games for my nephew for his birthday and one goody for me!

edit:

Forgot about this one, but a nearly new copy of Circus Lido showed up in my mailbox on Friday.  Not a great game by any means, but little Leon is cute enough that I wanna help him fend off all the buggies and rejects from Little Shop of Horrors.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

guyjin

From Goodwill:
Guitar Hero World Tour(360;disc, case, manual, no instruments): $4
Resident Evil 4(NGC;2 discs, case, manual): $3
[with Gamestop price stickers for $13 still on it]
The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker(NGC;disc, case, manual, other inserts):$3
Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones(NGC;disc, case, manual, other inserts):$3
[with gamestop price stickers for $13 still on it]

:D

Sparky

Quote from: elabit on 10/16/2011, 11:07 PMMy dirt mall (flea market) pick ups today
Nice, wish i had Galaxian when i was a kid, but i got pac-man instead.

Here are a few key things i got from this Canadian Video Game Meet i went to, i was very please to see some PCE games <<fist pump>>

IMG

Opethian

nice sparky I jsut grabbed an Outlive myself!
IMG

Mathius

Outlive was one of my Secret Santa gifts last year. :)

A loose Final Soldier! If you end up hating it for any reason my lonely Final Soldier case wouldn't mind meeting your loose Hu.  :P

liquitek

Love the Zoo Keeper.  A solid pickup.

Nice one Munchiaz!

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/15/2011, 04:45 PMSome stuff i picked up recently. Thanks to keith courage for the R-types.

IMG

Damaramu

Quote from: elabit on 10/16/2011, 11:05 PMDamaramu that sega looks great but why do people want the non TMSS model? what difference does it make seeing the little warning screen or whatever it is?
On top of the "high definition graphics" version of the model 1 having the superior sound, there are some early games that will only run on the non TMSS models.

blueraven

Shubibibn man loose huey for $9 on eBay

MotherGunner

Got me some concert tickets to Opeth in San Francisco tomorrow!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BlueBMW

Got a big haul in from Japan Tokei today.!  That dude is awesome!

/October1 - 4.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Holy cow you all have been scoring some phat loot!

BlueBMW

I need to slow down before I score some phat credit card bills :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MotherGunner

Chis no Buken is a good game.  Don't know why it gets such a bad rap.
-MG

Opethian

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/17/2011, 09:05 PMGot me some concert tickets to Opeth in San Francisco tomorrow!
I saw them in ATL they mostly played the slower songs and 3 off Heritage :( no Brave Murder Day songs supporting Katatonia :(
IMG

MotherGunner

Quote from: Opethian on 10/17/2011, 11:48 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/17/2011, 09:05 PMGot me some concert tickets to Opeth in San Francisco tomorrow!
I saw them in ATL they mostly played the slower songs and 3 off Heritage :( no Brave Murder Day songs supporting Katatonia :(
Yea they don't seem to get down like in the old days.  Either way though this is the only time I'll get to them live.  Cannot pass up.  Picked up good balcony seats for $35 a pop.  For SF that is a STEAL.  Can't wait!  I use to live in GA btw and my wife is from there.  ATL was my playground, mostly the Buckhead District near Peachtree St.  Good times.
-MG

JapanTokei

Beams - enjoy it!  I'll miss that Megadrive for sure but have no space to store it... 
and, dont forget, you got a rabid OPE waiting for that Soldier Blade!!  haha

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/17/2011, 09:21 PMGot a big haul in from Japan Tokei today.!  That dude is awesome!

Mathius

BlueBMW

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/18/2011, 12:28 AMATL was my playground, mostly the Buckhead District near Peachtree St.  Good times.
Which peachtree st?  Arent there like fifty of em? :P

Rabid Ope :P  I think he might have found one in the meantime actually :D  Either way it'll find some use somewhere somehow!

RR1980

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/17/2011, 10:38 PMChis no Buken is a good game.  Don't know why it gets such a bad rap.
yeah I enjoy that game too alot of people complain about the weapon which I don't mind at all the only thing I don't like is the time limit it can be very unforgiving there were times I literately ran out of time by half a second! hehe

Opethian

yea I got my rabies vaccine. but I do have a case for it to be complete again!
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/18/2011, 12:28 AM
Quote from: Opethian on 10/17/2011, 11:48 PM
Yea they don't seem to get down like in the old days.  Either way though this is the only time I'll get to them live.  Cannot pass up.  Picked up good balcony seats for $35 a pop.  For SF that is a STEAL.  Can't wait!  I use to live in GA btw and my wife is from there.  ATL was my playground, mostly the Buckhead District near Peachtree St.  Good times.
I came to the Opeth party pretty late a few years back, so I started with listening to Damnation and Ghost Reveries.  I swear their mellow stuff is life changing.  Perfect music for being outside with an iPod and enjoying the fall weather.

I picked up Orchid and Morning Rise, and wow yea, they were a different animal back in the day- loving it, but definitely different.

Ope is your SN paying homage to the band?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Turbo/Ope the concert was EXCELLENT last night.

Katatonia who opened for them were equally outstanding.

My favorite song by them by far is by far a Fair Judgement, which they did play last night.  They also played Still Life and Porcelain Heart which was KILLER live.

Wife and I had a great time.  The music does really speak to you.
-MG

Opethian

I was hoping they would  play aything off Discouraged Ones and Tonights Decision :(

but it still was an awesome show. The set lists have changed dramatically since 2001. I slmost lost it when they played Face of Melinda (the heaviest song they played)
I dont think I'll ever get to hear my fav song live: Black Rose Immortal
IMG

MotherGunner

They played Face of Melinda last night too.  It was AWESOME!
-MG

BlueBMW

This arrived today!  Wooo!

/NeoGeo/SunsetRiders.jpg

roflmao

A couple weeks back Alfred who has a Genesis Review thread here had a bunch of contests.  I was the lucky winner of the Random Retro Gaming Mystery Box, and it arrived in the mail today!  All I can say is wow!  :shock:

IMG
IMG
IMG

And I forgot to include it in my pics, but this was also in the box...

/lego-star-wars-complete-saga-hero-pack.jpg

I was NOT expecting so much retro gaming goodness crammed into this little box (though it was like he played Tetris to get it all to fit - the thing was heavy!).

A big, huge thank you goes out to Alfred!

Here's a link to his Genesis Review thread: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8879.0

finerion

I'm glad everything arrived safely roflmao. I hope you enjoy it man! :)
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

bartre

damn! that's some fine stuff there!

as for me, over the past few days I've picked up:
Yakuza 3
Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage
Tekken 6
Demon's Souls
Ys 7 Limited (box got severely messed during shipping though :( )

and on the way:
Legendary Axe II
Pac Land
Override

Opethian

IMG
Im getting a head start on that huey suit of armour
IMG

PunkCryborg

Sweet Sunset Riders! I only play as the Mexican dude with the shotgun.

I have Fighting Street, Monster Lair, and Street Fighter heading to me in the mail  :D

roflmao

Nice, Ope!  I'm hoping one of my next purchases will be a CoreGrafx.

MotherGunner

Always wanted to play Flashback, heard it was just like Prince of Persia...
-MG

Mishran

Quote from: Opethian on 10/20/2011, 09:13 PMIMG
No fair, yours has the expansion cover! :P

bartre

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/21/2011, 12:11 AMAlways wanted to play Flashback, heard it was just like Prince of Persia...
I've got it on genesis, it's way better, imo

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 10/21/2011, 12:53 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/21/2011, 12:11 AMAlways wanted to play Flashback, heard it was just like Prince of Persia...
I've got it on genesis, it's way better, imo
Agreed. The framerate is smoother and the tunes are more atmospheric. But, if you only have the SNES version that is better than nothing. Play through it first, then get the Genesis version. It'll feel almost like an upgrade.

bartre

true, it's a really good game either way.

dingsbums

/st2gb.jpg

The PCB is this game:
/st1yn.jpg

You need a trackball for this game  :)
/st4mx.jpg

Games:
/st3m.jpg

And finally I finished my Supergun  :)
/st5n.jpg

For the Sonic game: The PCB is not working at the moment (it starts fine, demo mode is working but as soon as you deposit a coin & press start the game crashes  :cry:
I assume it's the damn suicide battery and I need to get decrypted roms for this game. Is anybody on here who has these roms & can burn them for me please ???

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

Quote from: Opethian on 10/20/2011, 09:13 PMIMG
Region Modded CGX   =D&gt;

Loose Hueys?  Somebody take OBIthian's temperature.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

munchiaz

Mathius

Well, got rid of the 'ol Viewpoint. Here is what I got in return. Thanks a billion, Ope! :D

/105_0425.jpg

Opethian

I miss Blast Wind already :( Hope this keeps ya busy :D
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 10/21/2011, 11:12 PMI miss Blast Wind already :( Hope this keeps ya busy :D
Well I hope you can find another copy in the future. :( If it makes you feel any better I am loving it to death! It's chip generated soundtrack is skyrocketing to being one of my favs! :D

allyourblood

Rad swap, you two! I've got a Twin Famicom (grey with green), but the stupid drive belt is toast. I keep putting off buying another. Too many projects as it is. But congrats, Mathius!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Mathius

Quote from: allyourblood on 10/21/2011, 11:39 PMRad swap, you two! I've got a Twin Famicom (grey with green), but the stupid drive belt is toast. I keep putting off buying another. Too many projects as it is. But congrats, Mathius!
Definitely get that puppy fixed! :)

Bernie

These are my most recent purchases this past couple months.  Course, I have other stuff I've gotten as well but this stands out for me. 

/IMG_5464.jpg

One of those Duo consoles is on its way to BlueBMW for some cap service and modding.  :)  The other one has already had its caps replaced.  Both units are in MINT condition.   :D

Keep your eyes out for a raffle sometime soon from me.  A region modded PCengine Duo with AV jacks in the rear.  This unit has already had its caps replaced as well.  Fellow member Dlite performed all the services on this one.   :mrgreen: