RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Quote from: RR1980 on 11/03/2011, 07:48 AMhaha it looks like something my mom used to own in the 80s hehe
hahaha... ya like some kind of hair curly set...... Well that is unique superD i give you that.

sirhcman

SuperD, don't let these guys get to you.. I think it is actually pretty cool with the pink :) Nice score!

munchiaz

heres my recent pickups. The bottom left game in picture 2 is monster lair

IMG

IMG

Opethian

PC Denjin one of the best PCE shooters!
IMG

Senshi

I want oen of those pink ladys
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

rag-time4

Just received this technical manual for the original Street Fighter arcade machine in the mail. I don't think I've ever seen it for sale... the technician who converted my cabinet from the Street Fighter II 6 button setup to Street Fighter 1 6 button had to borrow this book from another arcade tech to do the job, so I'm glad to be able to get this so I can have it handy.

IMG
IMG

munchiaz

rag-time4

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/04/2011, 10:21 PM^ thats pretty awesome
Ive got the original 25" cabinet for the original Street Fighter, but when i bought the cab it was running Street Fighter II' Turbo HF. The buttons didnt work properly when i swapped in a Street Fighter I board, so the tech had to fabricate and install a conversion PCB to get the buttons working properly.

BlueBMW

Not gaming related, but I bought this a while back and just finally got around to pulling it out of the donor car today.  Motor / trans swap here I come!!

See I don't just play / hoard video games  :lol:

i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/Motor%20Swap/MotorPull.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

A_Locomotive

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/06/2011, 12:32 AMNot gaming related, but I bought this a while back and just finally got around to pulling it out of the donor car today.  Motor / trans swap here I come!!

See I dont just play / hoard video games  :lol:

IMG
Nice what model is that out of and whats it going into?

BlueBMW

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 11/06/2011, 01:01 AMNice what model is that out of and whats it going into?
Thats a 4.0L v8 from a 95 BMW 540i with a 6 spd manual which will be going into my 95 530i which has the 3.0L V8 with a 5 spd auto.  68 more hp for no weight gain, and the 6 speed over the auto will make a world of difference!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

Beamer, it looks like repairing a Pac-S10 that was stored in salt water would be easier.

Moto Roader?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

Quote from: henrycsc on 11/06/2011, 01:15 PMBeamer, it looks like repairing a Pac-S10 that was stored in salt water would be easier.

Moto Roader?
Hahaha!  The only thing not fun about working on my car is the fact that I work on cars all week long, so spending my weekends working on them too is not my idea of a good time :P

csgx1

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/06/2011, 12:32 AMNot gaming related, but I bought this a while back and just finally got around to pulling it out of the donor car today.  Motor / trans swap here I come!!

See I dont just play / hoard video games  :lol:
Whoa, motor swap and AT to 6spd MT conversion.  I admire you....you got some great mechanical skills to take on such a project.  I like working on cars as a hobby, but I don't have the guts/skills to do what you do.  Any other engine upgrades or mods planned while the engine is out?

A_Locomotive

Parasol Star, Side Arms and Galaga 90. :]

chany60126

Just took my love for the Jag to the next level. :lol:

IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/07/2011, 06:27 PMJust took my love for the Jag to the next level. :lol:
IMG
woot! congrats!!! :-D

A_Locomotive

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/07/2011, 06:27 PMJust took my love for the Jag to the next level. :lol:
IMG
I'm tempted by these everytime they come up but I always have trouble pulling the trigger.

chany60126

I had always wanted one of the CD attachments. But like you, I never pulled the trigger. I always hear that the CD units can be very finicky. The Angry Video Game Nerd said he bought 2 or 3 of these and none of them worked. But I saw this at a retro gaming store at a reasonable price and decided to get it since I could get my money back if it didn't work.

BlueBMW

aww cmon!  You need to show it with the lid up! :D  Real men leave the lid up....

A_Locomotive

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/07/2011, 07:55 PMI had always wanted one of the CD attachments. But like you, I never pulled the trigger. I always hear that the CD units can be very finicky. The Angry Video Game Nerd said he bought 2 or 3 of these and none of them worked. But I saw this at a retro gaming store at a reasonable price and decided to get it since I could get my money back if it didn't work.
Yes they are very finicky, I've heard many horror stories about them dying randomly even when babied. If I ever get one I'll likely get a refurbed one from Best Electronics, cheaper then epay and with them I wouldn't be playing Russian roulette in regards to if it will work. I bought my Jaguar NIB from them as well as various parts for my 2600 and couldn't be happier with their service. So what games made you decide to get one?

BlueBMW

Quote from: csgx1 on 11/07/2011, 03:03 PMWhoa, motor swap and AT to 6spd MT conversion.  I admire you....you got some great mechanical skills to take on such a project.  I like working on cars as a hobby, but I don't have the guts/skills to do what you do.  Any other engine upgrades or mods planned while the engine is out?
I had originally considered doing some... but I think for right now I'll just be keeping it stock.  When I pulled the engine computer out of the donor car, I noticed it had a sticker for a good performance chip already installed, so thats a few hundo saved :P  But yeah I'll just be cleaning it up, sealing it up and making it run like it was brand new.

In other news:

This came in today  :P

/NewJAmma.jpg

Columns

Mathius

Keeping with the theme of everyone buying arcade manuals...I got one for my Super Contra courtesy of eBay. Paid $5.

Thanks also goes to Ope for his boxed copies of Castlevania III and Bio Miracle Upa for the Famicom...
...and member 16-Bit for the PCE goodies. The two Hu Cards are Tales of the Monster Path and "Kid Dracula".
Famicom Dojo is a great series of vids dealing with, you guessed it! Teh Famicom! :mrgreen:

i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww194/Mathius78/105_0426.jpg

chany60126

Nice haul Mathius! I especially love Samurai Ghost. It has one of the best game over screens evar: What a pity you are

Wait, did you say there is a Kid Dracula game made for the PC Engine? I loved the gameboy version and have been wanting to play the famicom version.

munchiaz

I said the same thing. Theres a kid drac for PCE. I NEED IT

Mathius

It has nothing to do with the Konami version of Kid Dracula as this PCE version was made by Naxat Soft. Here is the link for the game on Paul's site: :wink:

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Makai_Prince_Dorabocchan.htm

Samurai Ghost

SuperPlay

Today's package from Japan :@)

HU Card: Magical chase 5th anniversary

CD ROM: Auleria, Final zone II, Last Armageddon, Lord of wars (New), Mamono hunter Yoko, Pomping world, Super Darius, The manhole,

IMG

Opethian

nice I recently also got the fan edition of MC

lol manhole
IMG

Bernie

Didnt actually buy this, but Chris Bucci sent me a manual for Might and Magic III.  This makes my copy complete now!!  :)

allyourblood

Are you folks paying top dollar for those PCE Magical Chase games? I still wanna play it, but can't justify spending nearly 200 bucks on it.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Mishran

Is that 5th Ann. version of MC a rerelease of the original, or is it updated like the US version? I always wondered what the difference between the two was other than physical appearance of case and card.

SuperPlay

Can't wait to play manhole ;-) LOL. Been loosing the little hair I have playing Pomping world.

The JP versions of magical chase are exactly the same, just in slightly different packaging.  The enhancements that are in the TG version are not included which is a shame.

The packaging of the original release was in a standard gray baked hu box.  The PCE Fan release comes in a clear case, like CD titles did along with some of the later Hu card games.

Snip from Videogameden.com

"The original Japanese version of Magical Chase was released twice; first as the standard edition (tested here), and secondly as a special mail-order "PC Engine Fan" release (picture on the left). PC Engine Fan was a Japanese magazine dedicated to covering the PC Engine system and published by Tokuma Shoten. Both games are identical but the back of the case and the instruction manual come with a different "PC Engine Fan" logo. However, they are both equally rare and expensive. "

Here are the pics of the case backs:

/capture1ja.jpg

/magicalcahsepcefanedbac.jpg

chany60126

A few pick-ups from the PCEFX boards and elsewhere:

IMG

IMG

Opethian

I paid less than $200 for mine
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/09/2011, 03:34 PM/magicalcahsepcefanedbac.jpg
Wow, I didn't know they tried to make it look like an old style case with a spine card.  Did anyone else do that?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2011, 06:47 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/09/2011, 03:34 PM/magicalcahsepcefanedbac.jpg
Wow, I didn't know they tried to make it look like an old style case with a spine card.  Did anyone else do that?
Did it actually come with a spine card or was it just made to look like one?

NecroPhile

Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/09/2011, 07:12 PMDid it actually come with a spine card or was it just made to look like one?
I think SF2' is the only huey to come with a spine.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2011, 07:15 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 11/09/2011, 07:12 PMDid it actually come with a spine card or was it just made to look like one?
So this isn't a real spine? What about Populous?

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, although it's kind of weird, a piece of paper glued to the outside of the case. I tore mine off and threw it out. (It's not like SF2' is a rare game or anything)

rag-time4

Yep, Populous HuCARD did have a spine card. Here's an ebay listing for teh ROMRAM!

ROMRAM link

Samurai Ghost

Today I bought Parasol Stars (HuCard), Valis III, Valis IV, and Gate of Thunder.
My DUO isn't hooked up at the moment but once I receive of few of these CD games in the mail I'm sure it will see some action!

sirhcman

So I bought Hana Taka Daka on ebay and it came in today.. I was opening the package and it had Magical Chase stamped on the spine of the case! Too bad once I opened it, it was just Hana Taka Daka.. Oh well :)

IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Lordy, look at that spine.  Eat your heart out Sparky!

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2011, 12:14 PMLordy, look at that spine.  Eat your heart out Sparky!
hahahaha :)

Mathius

MotherGunner

This was gifted to me last night.  On sale at Amazon for $23!!  Can't afford the game till Christmas though...

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PunkCryborg

According to the picture that says "Magical Case" which it might actually be

A_Locomotive

Medication! Been sick for 3 days now, picked up some desperately needed cough medicine, pain killers and decongestant.

sirhcman

Quote from: elabit on 11/10/2011, 03:32 PMAccording to the picture that says "Magical Case" which it might actually be
Hopefully when I open it later it will be have Magical Chase huey in there then! :)