@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

HD screen caps from my recent video shoot...

Started by PCEngineFX, 08/14/2006, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Hi everyone,

Since some of you are interested in my productions, I wanted to post up a few screen caps of my recent HD video shoot down in Coos Bay, OR a few weeks ago.  The purpose of the video will be for our Xmas 2006 DVD which my wife and I send out to our friends every year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58809645@N00/sets/72157594235737072/
(to see 720p screen shots, click on the image, then click "All Sizes")

IMG
02_CoosBay.jpg

Remember, these shots are coming out of a HD video camera - not a still camera.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

PCEngineHell

Um....ok.....
I think this should be more aimed/shown towards people you know personally like family and private friends,as it looks too personal to be seen here,pics of your wife posing for art like shots on a beach dont have too much meaning to strangers you dont know personally.

It reminds me of pics of guys on forums standing by their car or girlfriend trying to show off or something,or something you'd put on myspace,although Im sure that isnt your intention.

Not being mean,just seems really out of place here is all,even in general chat. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with what you have shown us in the past,and its def not game related.

The shots look nice,great quality either way it goes.

Can I have your cam?

PCEngineFX

Thanks for your concern Michael - I posted this on the General Chat because it is just that....general chat.  I did say that anything goes in this section and since it is not gaming/NEC related, is the perfect place for me to post.  This is a project that is done by me just like everything else on pcengine-fx.com and I wanted to share something non-gaming for once.

Besides...I doubt anyone will object to seeing more of my wife, since she has appeared numerous times in the past on pcengine-fx.com.
IMG
IMG

TurboXray

Aaron, those shots are awesome! Is that from a consumer grade HD camera? BTW, we did an indie shoot at Coos Bay/area two summers ago here. The beaches are just amazing.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "Bonknuts"Aaron, those shots are awesome! Is that from a consumer grade HD camera? BTW, we did an indie shoot at Coos Bay/area two summers ago here. The beaches are just amazing.

Thanks Bonknuts!  Wow, seems like a lot of people no matter where I go have been to the Coos Bay area.  Yes, those shots were done with the Sony HDR-FX1 which is all that I shoot with these days.  The larger shots were sized down to 720p from their original 1080i resolution so they are a little bit smaller than how they came out of the video camera.  

Please note that I have done some color correction to the shots so what you are seeing isn't raw footage (just in case you were wondering!)

On a side note, this week I will be receiving a 35mm lens adapter for my FX1, which I WISHED I would have had for my Coos Bay shoot... would have made those beach shots 100x better looking than they are.  For the rest of the demo, I plan to shoot with the adapter so that I can get depth of field within inches :D

I took a look at the Gunheavy trailer Bonknuts....looks pretty good!  Decent CGi and thought that the war/high-shutter shots looked great (looks like you had a budget!).  Is that a full film or did you just do a trailer?
IMG
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: "Pcenginefx"Thanks for your concern Michael - I posted this on the General Chat because it is just that....general chat.  I did say that anything goes in this section and since it is not gaming/NEC related, is the perfect place for me to post.  This is a project that is done by me just like everything else on pcengine-fx.com and I wanted to share something non-gaming for once.

Besides...I doubt anyone will object to seeing more of my wife, since she has appeared numerous times in the past on pcengine-fx.com.

Ehh... to each their own then. I was expecting a production like your powerglove short film or something,or maybe something cool not involving Mr.Bee or PcEngine,but def not your spouce on a beach video pics.

I probably would have avoided the thread if you had posted what it was exactly in the title"HD screen caps from my recient video shoot of my wife on a beach..." instead of being vauge in the title as to what this was exactly. I tend to avoid this kinda stuff,perfer to leave it at myspace or whatever or for people to keep to themselves. Im not the only on either who feels this way about this kinda stuff,however Im prob the only one here who will tell you this. Some people do actually tend to mind when they kinda were expecting something entirely different. Its misleading as I was assuming this was something similar to what I have seen from you in the past.

Like I said,I got no interest in looking at your spouce on a beach,on a hill,grassy knoll,artsy whatever, so please in the future list what this stuff is in the title so it can be avoided by people who do not want to view it. Do that,and I will never ever bother you about it again as you will have said what the contents were in the title and I would have had my fair warning.

Thanks a bunch:)

TurboXray

QuoteLike I said,I got no interest in looking at your spouce on a beach,on a hill,grassy knoll,artsy whatever, so please in the future list what this stuff is in the title so it can be avoided by people who do not want to view it. Do that,and I will never ever bother you about it again as you will have said what the contents were in the title and I would have had my fair warning.

Your right, because opening a topic thread and deciding it's not what you want to read about is just so difficult and takes so much time and effort  :roll:

Quotethe war/high-shutter shots looked great (looks like you had a budget!)

Actually, the motivation is much higher than the budget, but it has plans to get released for direct-to-video.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing some shots with the new lens.

OldRover

Get a grip, Mike, and stop spamming up the damn thread already! :evil: Not all of us live in nerdland 24/7!

Sorry, had to vent... :D

I think the pics are great. Good job, Aaron.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

PC Gaijin

Well, this has been a really amusing thread. :) Like Mike it certainly wasn't what I expected to see when I opened the thread (and he said so with more tact than I'm used to from him :wink:), although I'm not sure what that second post of his is about. Is there something offensive that I'm missing? All I see is a single picture of the back of a woman on the beach. If there's some naughty bits I'm missing, please point them out to me. :D

Just curous Aaron, are you a professional photographer? I haven't really looked at any of your personal photos (no offense, but like Mike I'm really not terribly interested in looking at a stranger's family photos), but I remember several threads in the past where you displayed some of your photography (like the PC-FX beauty shots, etc.) And then's there's the stuff for the site, which all looks very nice. So are you a pro or just a hobbiest? In any case I wish I could take photos like you do for eBay purposes, heh.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "PC Gaijin"Just curous Aaron, are you a professional photographer? I haven't really looked at any of your personal photos (no offense, but like Mike I'm really not terribly interested in looking at a stranger's family photos), but I remember several threads in the past where you displayed some of your photography (like the PC-FX beauty shots, etc.) And then's there's the stuff for the site, which all looks very nice. So are you a pro or just a hobbiest? In any case I wish I could take photos like you do for eBay purposes, heh.

I consider myself a budding cinematographer (since most of my work is video related) not a photographer...Sure I can take a pretty picture as I have a good sense of lighting and composition, but making a video production is what I'm best at.  The screen shots I posted here are not to show off my photography skills but to show off what is possible with prosumer HD video equipment since it is still relatively new to the market.

And speaking of beauty shots.......I've been hired to remake the Turbo Zone Direct website which I have gone to great lengths to make new product shots look better than you've ever seen. :)
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "Bonknuts"Actually, the motivation is much higher than the budget, but it has plans to get released for direct-to-video.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing some shots with the new lens.

That's usually how it is!  Not enough money to go around :|  Let me know when it drops on DVD....I'd like to check it out.

I hope to get the new lens adapter this week so expect more shots in this thread later (warning you now Michael...stay away if you don't want to see more!)
IMG
IMG

takashirose

I think it's nice that ou ar showing a piece of your life and work to us.  I enjoyed the video stills.  It shows that you are beyond just this site.    

I hope the new TZD site will look as pcengine-fx.com  .  I just have one request.  Can you have a link on it that lets users see the old site as it was  before the redesign.  I always enjoy looking at the old sites even though they are not functional anymore.  The game store ncsx.com has a link to their old style website.  Take care!
Let the old mix with the new.

PCEngineFX

Yah, I asked if we can have an online archive of the TZD site, so we will see.

As for the new TZD look, expect the same high-quality layout design I've applied for pcengine-fx.com.
IMG
IMG

takashirose

I hope they allow an archived site.  Can't wait to see the new site.  I never ordered through the web because I don't know if they have it in stock or not.  So, I only call them.  In addition, the shopping cart doesn't have a return to shopping button.  But I'm sure you will iron everything out.  The redesign will be the Turbo Duo of the Turbo systems.

takashirose

I could imagine how good you are in other types of film, seeing the work you put into PCEngineFX TV.  The editing didn't happen out of thin air.  I like your TV Shows.  It would be cool if Hudson asks to use these shows as Promos for the Virtual Console or even a Late night type of long commercial.  Not an infomercial because your shows are more interesting and cool.

esteban

Quote from: OldRoverGet a grip, Mike, and stop spamming up the damn thread already! :evil: Not all of us live in nerdland 24/7!

Sorry, had to vent... :D

I think the pics are great. Good job, Aaron.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Aaron, amazing stuff. I know you are hunting for the perfect "soundscape" to accompany the footage, so let me be the first of many folks to suggest you use any track from "In my time" by Yanni.

OK, I'm joking, but I actually dig that album by Yanni and the images you posted reminded of it. I swear I'm not teasing you :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

I just received the 35mm lens adapter for my HD video camera so here are a few shots....obviously a HUGE difference in the depth of field!

Comparison shot with & without adapter
/temp/FX1_35mm.jpg

A better lit & focused shot @ 720p
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/SGpro/SGpro_example2.jpg
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "stevek666"OK, I'm joking, but I actually dig that album by Yanni and the images you posted reminded of it. I swear I'm not teasing you :).

Hahah.....I will for sure check it out :)  I'm always on the lookout for music I can use on my demos.
IMG
IMG

TurboXray

Curious, you couldn't do depth of field with the stock setup? Both the cam's we use SDX-900 and the now dead AJ-D215, had this feature under a filter setting/switch - if I remember correctly.

PCEngineFX

LOL.........Bonknuts, you are comparing a $16,000 camera to a $3,500 one ;)  The HD cam I'm using is the Sony HDR-FX1 with the SGpro 35mm lens adapter...no way the FX1 could get a focal plane down to inches without the adapter.
IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: PCEngineFX on 08/15/2006, 04:05 PMYah, I asked if we can have an online archive of the TZD site, so we will see.
Sometimes it's good to just bury the past - this is one of those times, IMO. ; ) It's a shitty looking site, always has been and I won't care to ever see it again after your redesign goes live... 2 cents.

Anyway, they certainly hired the right guy, didn't they? It'll be awesome to see what you can come up with for them.

guyjin

I think their current design is quite appropriate - a dated website design for a dated system  ;)

PCEngineFX

Quote from: "NightWolve"Anyway, they certainly hired the right guy, didn't they? It'll be awesome to see what you can come up with for them.

Thank you for the praise NightWolve...I believe I've created a great design...can't wait for people to see it.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

If you would like to see the SGpro 35mm lens adapter in action, I have a 720P HD WMV up from a shoot I did on the weekend.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/SGpro ("CP_SGpro_Test1.wmv" 113MB)

Ignore the corners of the video...this is pretty much raw footage...but look at the depth of field in the various shots....no way you can get that kind of look without the adapter (unless you have a REALLY expensive cam.)

/SGpro/SGpro_example3_800.jpg
IMG
IMG

pixeljunkie

very cool shots!

I only have a Panasonic DVX100a, not HD :(

Jealous!

[damn the spammers of this thread]

Joe Redifer

Nice pictures.  This weekend we are shooting a TV commercial so we are going to rent the HD CanonXLH1 to see how it does (in addition to the higher-end non-HDV camera).  I am not a huge fan of HDV but maybe I will change my tune after using it.  Fortunately I already have a few different lenses for the XL1/2 and they will fit on the XLH1.

PCEngineFX

An update to my first post - I am almost done with production on the video (guess you could call it a music video) and have updated the thread over at AHS if you want to follow it.

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47302

Will be posting the link to the video in a day or so.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Video is now up.  If you haven't watched the original video by Ayumi Hamasaki, I suggest you watch that first (will make my video make more sense):

Original "Surreal" music video
My "Surreal Revisited" continuation video
-Aaron
IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

Just checking in to say that your camera pictures are great quality, Aaaron! Do you know if any of these models are sold up here in Canada? Namely in Future Shop, Circuit City, or Best Buy?  :?:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 08/15/2006, 04:05 PMYah, I asked if we can have an online archive of the TZD site, so we will see.

As for the new TZD look, expect the same high-quality layout design I've applied for pcengine-fx.com.
Whoa!  You're doing a new site for TZD?  Awesome.  Where was this announced?
Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Dark Fact on 11/08/2006, 02:22 PMJust checking in to say that your camera pictures are great quality, Aaaron! Do you know if any of these models are sold up here in Canada? Namely in Future Shop, Circuit City, or Best Buy?  :?:
Oh, those we not taken from a digital still camera - those are stills from my HD video camera.  I use the Sony HDR-FX1 (Future Shop might have it, CC & BB probably not).  The video camera is a little over $3,000 now.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2006, 02:57 PMWhoa!  You're doing a new site for TZD?  Awesome.  Where was this announced?
This was only announced in this thread - I've not made a general user-wide announcement about it anywhere else.
IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

Thanks! I'll be sure to check out Future Shop in the near future! :) I think I know what I'll be getting for Christmas! :D
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

MotherGunner

Right On Aaron,  Nice shot there.     

By the way,  if it was my site, I would do whatever I WANTED TO DO, also!  :)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/13/2006, 05:18 PMRight On Aaron,  Nice shot there.     

By the way,  if it was my site, I would do whatever I WANTED TO DO, also!  :)   
QuoteWhatever, Whatever, I do what I want. I smoke crack, I do drugs, I drink alcihaal. I once killed SIX baby seals with my bare hands.
-Eric Cartman
Topic Adjourned.