10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2011, 12:18 PM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/07/2011, 07:49 PMLinks? I just did a search to try and find them but came up blank aside from articles about a boxed reproduction cart that showed up on ebay which went for several hundred... which is a tinsy tiny bit out of my budget. :lol:
GameReproductions is the first one to pop up in a search.  I can't vouch for their quality, but $62 seems like an awful lot for a farkler cartridge.
that's pretty typical, there's a lot of work to be done in putting one of those together, at least if it's going to be quality.
that said, I can do them too, so that's been a lot cheaper for me.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Mathius on 12/07/2011, 11:42 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/07/2011, 10:40 PM^ where did you get the mag from?
I stumbled across the mag at a "Booksamillion" store. I actually found a copy of the normal Retro Gamer mag there too a week ago. My girlfriend bought both for me since she is so cool. :)
Yeah there was some excellent articles about Strider, and an Operation Wolf master.

rag-time4

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 12/08/2011, 03:49 PMSuper Famicom Squaresoft overload! Now where the fuck's my LIVE-A-LIVE at??!!

For the record....
RomancingSagaTrilogy.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2761901928741
Ive been thinking of those SaGa games lately... Ive never played through one!!

Opethian

SaGa games have some of the best SNES tunes!
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Opethian on 12/08/2011, 10:38 PMSaGa games have some of the best SNES tunes!
Interesting, you are whetting my appetite ope! I remember renting SaGa frontier once for PS1 and struggling with it, but want to give the series another shot.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: rag-time4 on 12/08/2011, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 12/08/2011, 10:38 PMSaGa games have some of the best SNES tunes!
Interesting, you are whetting my appetite ope! I remember renting SaGa frontier once for PS1 and struggling with it, but want to give the series another shot.
Most SaGa music, the way they were written, you'd think you were playing Final Fantasy. The game play looks and moves like FF almost too.

Here's some of my favorite tunes in the RS series....

Saruin battle...(RS1)
Seven Heroes battle (RS2)
Field (RS3, the strings in this tune make it sound like it came out of Final Fantasy VI)
Four Devils Battle (RS3)

Opethian

the SNES games are totally different from the PS1 versions.
IMG

chany60126

Recent turbo purchases and trades from other PCEFX memebers. The cables pictured are custom made converter cables that allow you to use PCE/Turbo Duo pads on a Turbografx system.

IMG

Opethian

IMG

PunkCryborg

All local finds while out game hunting with a good friend. Fun day, hit up the flea market and 2 mom n pop game shops.
/photokq.jpg

BlueBMW

A little embarrassed to say, but I LOVE Outrun 2019.  One of my most favorite games on Genny actually.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/11/2011, 10:34 PMA little embarrassed to say, but I LOVE Outrun 2019.  One of my most favorite games on Genny actually.
Yeah I had to pick that one up, I love the cover art especially

TheClash603

I thought everyone loved Outrun 2019...  or any Outrun game for that matter.

BlueBMW

Well I kind of like it MORE than the original Out Run, which I guess is an unusual opinion to have on the matter.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

elabit: Horatio! Tiffany! Marco! Leo!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/11/2011, 11:19 PMWell I kind of like it MORE than the original Out Run, which I guess is an unusual opinion to have on the matter.
Well, that certainly is an unusual (and horrible) opinion.  :)

A_Locomotive

Didn't buy it today but something I bought recently I was very excited about arrived today. A little while ago I purchased a Duo-R from D-Lite and I am very happy to say it arrived today! Also bought a nice little selection of games from him as well and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. He even tossed in a free Ten no Koe bank card. :) Funny enough the copy of Kabuki Ittouryoudan I won in the trivia contest also arrived at the same time(Thank you so much Windy!). Now I just need to get my hands on an Arcade Card. :P Now if you'll excuse me its time to go play some Paridus Da!

/duor.jpg
/duorbox.jpg
/duorgames.jpg

bartre

is it weird that the game i'm most jealous of is cho aniki?

A_Locomotive

Quote from: bartre on 12/12/2011, 11:03 PMis it weird that the game i'm most jealous of is cho aniki?
Haha I'm loving Cho Aniki, you can't help but thinking what the fuck is happening at pretty much all times. I really want to get Ai Cho Aniki at some point, just so when people come over I can show it to them and watch their reactions. :lol:

roflmao

Wow, A_Locomotive.  That's a ton of impressive obey right there!

A_Locomotive

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2011, 11:35 PMWow, A_Locomotive.  That's a ton of impressive obey right there!
Obey?

T2KFreeker

Damn, and I thought I was getting quite a few things in the mail . . .
END OF LINE.

bartre

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/12/2011, 11:25 PM
Quote from: bartre on 12/12/2011, 11:03 PMis it weird that the game i'm most jealous of is cho aniki?
Haha I'm loving Cho Aniki, you can't help but thinking what the fuck is happening at pretty much all times. I really want to get Ai Cho Aniki at some point, just so when people come over I can show it to them and watch their reactions. :lol:
heh, yeah, i've got that one, brought it to MGC last year, got some interesting reactions

blueraven

Awesome!!! I want Cho Anki too.

That's very cool, glad that you now have a primary method of oBey!!

Glad you dig your new machine of wonder :D

roflmao

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/13/2011, 12:05 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/12/2011, 11:35 PMWow, A_Locomotive.  That's a ton of impressive obey right there!
Obey?
It's a common slang term around here.  You'll get used to it. ;)

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 12/13/2011, 01:08 AM
Obey?
Yeah, that made me wonder quite a bit at first as well. I think I'm getting used to it know. I like to think of it as one of those things you say a whole lot, but when asked what it means, you might have some problems actually explaining that. A bit like the word "moe" that's being thrown around a lot in anime/manga-circles (guilty as charged). It's all over the place but people tend to be pretty vague when asked about it.

Other than that, sweet loot! : ) Jelly of Bomberman 94' and most of the others...
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

A_Locomotive

Obey?
Haha I figured but whats it mean? :P

Mathius

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/13/2011, 02:44 AM
Obey?
Haha I figured but whats it mean? :P
1)Obey as in "Obey the PC Engine."  or...
2)Obey = Gettin' that PC Engine or TurboGrafx out and doing some serious gaming.

Hope that helps :)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/12/2011, 10:55 PMNow I just need to get my hands on an Arcade Card. :P Now if you'll excuse me its time to go play some Paridus Da!
Now all you need is to post some Final Soldier and Parodius da! special stages high scores when you play them. Those are probably my 2 most played Hu cards. Also a purple LED in that Duo R! Nice score there ALoco

A_Locomotive

Quote from: elabit on 12/13/2011, 05:13 AM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 12/12/2011, 10:55 PMNow I just need to get my hands on an Arcade Card. :P Now if you'll excuse me its time to go play some Paridus Da!
Now all you need is to post some Final Soldier and Parodius da! special stages high scores when you play them. Those are probably my 2 most played Hu cards. Also a purple LED in that Duo R! Nice score there ALoco
Oh they will come with time. :) At the moment I'm going gaga over SonSon II, I love it! I love the game play but man is it hard. :P And thanks, I'm glad to finally have a Duo, looking at all my consoles it easily dethrones my Jaguar as my sexiest looking console. Another thing I want to look into is a duotap and a spare PCE controller so I can play Bomberman with my little brother and so I can introduce my nephews to it as well. :) I've got a NIB/NOS TG16 controller, maybe I can figure out a trade. :P

rag-time4

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Sparky

That Beamer... even looking after people over seas  =D&gt;

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2011, 11:59 AMThat Beamer... even looking after people over seas  =D&gt;
BMW helps me out when I need it, but he has nothing to do with this computer to be honest.

Mathius

X68000 :shock: The ultimate 16-Bit computer! =P~

A_Locomotive

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/14/2011, 11:34 AMPOWER UP:

IMG
IMG
I've always loved the looks of these, easily my favorite all time tower design, if there was someway I could get the case of one and fit the guts of the PC I just built into it I'd do it in a heart beat. :P Sadly no way that would happen, my Noctua CPU cooler would pose on hell of a problem. haha

Sparky

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/14/2011, 12:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/14/2011, 11:59 AMThat Beamer... even looking after people over seas  =D&gt;
BMW helps me out when I need it, but he has nothing to do with this computer to be honest.
oh ok, beams got one awhile ago as well so i thought he had fixed it up and hooked you up.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5360.4950#quickreply

Windy

Enjoy the Kabuki Fighters Loco! It's an awesome fighter and you look like your off to a great start with some great games :)
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2011, 01:17 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/14/2011, 12:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/14/2011, 11:59 AMThat Beamer... even looking after people over seas  =D&gt;
oh ok, beams got one awhile ago as well so i thought he had fixed it up and hooked you up.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5360.4950#quickreply
I must've missed BlueBMW's purchase of teh Twin Tower. BlueBMW, are you bringing it to MGC?

A_Locomotive

Quote from: Windy on 12/14/2011, 01:20 PMEnjoy the Kabuki Fighters Loco! It's an awesome fighter and you look like your off to a great start with some great games :)
I can't wait to try it but sadly I have to wait till I can get an arcade card :( which I'll start looking for once I see what my money situation is like once all my Christmas shopping is done. By the way is the game playable with a regular 2 button controller or do I need to get an Avenue 3 or 6 button? Haha I'm loving My Duo-R so far but most of the games are kicking my ass, they are much more unforgiving then most games I've played. I'm so used to games having lots of lives(or as is pretty much the norm with modern games infinite) and reasonably easily acquired extras that it allows trial and error where as with most of these its pretty much get it right the first time or else. :lol: So far SonSon II and Cho Aniki are the hardest games for me, I have yet to beat the first level of Cho Aniki and the farthest I've gotten in SonSon II is the tiger boss.

chany60126

Finally got some games for my Jag CD :)
IMG

blueraven

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

chany60126

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/14/2011, 05:27 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 12/14/2011, 02:48 PMSpace Ace!!
You don't want to play that version though  [-X
hehe, I got the games in a bundle, mostly for Primal Rage and Dragon's Lair. Probably wouldn't have bought Space Ace by itself.

BlueBMW

Awesome SuperD :D  I'll assume that x68k works?! :P

Mati, the one I got from SuperD likely will be going to Opethian once I get it up and running.  Though I've already bought another x68k from another guy local to Ope... so if I can get THAT one up and running too (sound trouble) then yes, I may bring an x68k to MGC :P

While not video game related... a new toy arrived today  :twisted:

/g36c.jpg

SuperDeadite

Yes BMW.  My new machine is 100% full refurbished. New  Caps, diodes, photo couplar, transistors, SRAM battery, the works. 
It's the XVI model meaning it has a switch between 10mhz and 16mhz modes.  Big upgrade over that dead Expert I sent you.

BlueBMW

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/14/2011, 08:24 PMYes BMW.  My new machine is 100% full refurbished. New  Caps, diodes, photo couplar, transistors, SRAM battery, the works. 
It's the XVI model meaning it has a switch between 10mhz and 16mhz modes.  Big upgrade over that dead Expert I sent you.
Very nice!  I guess the one I bought is a compact XVI that still has some sound issues even after a full cap job.  I'm suspecting a blown transistor or something.  But tracking down a sound circuit isnt too bad to do usually.

TheClash603

I need to get me a pro controller and Primal Rage for my Jag.  And Braindead 13.  Then I don't need anything else.

Opethian

hey I dont mind brining it to MGC!
IMG

chany60126

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/14/2011, 11:50 PMI need to get me a pro controller and Primal Rage for my Jag.  And Braindead 13.  Then I don't need anything else.
Yeah, the Pro Controller is pretty sweet. The D-Pad on it is way better than the stock controller.

Primal Rage on the Jag CD is pretty good. It looks and sounds great. But I had totally forgotten about the unique button combos. Having to press and hold 2 or 3 buttons and then press D-Pad for special moves. But you get used to it after a while. Couldn't picture myself playing the game with anything but the pro controller. :lol: