RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

Gotta love freebies  8)

/a4d5da20.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

necclar! I just watched Yakuza Weapon (2011) czech it aut!
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Opethian on 01/11/2012, 08:45 PMnecclar! I just watched Yakuza Weapon (2011) czech it aut!
I have heard le good things ;)

ApolloBoy

I just picked up a Harmony cart for my 2600 last night. I'm starting to get out of collecting games for the pre-crash systems as I'd like to pick up an X68000 and focus on my Amiga, Lynx and MSX this year. The pre-crash consoles are still great fun so I figured I'd just replace my games for those systems with flash carts, while keeping my homebrews and repros.
IMG

munchiaz

my recent pickups. got the xeye for cheap, but the CD portion doesn't work. I'm going to attempt to fix it tomorrow.

IMG

bartre

finally nabbed me a copy of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
it were on sale at failstop, so they got my $20.

munchiaz

^ now go online and get the 2012 update

SuperPlay

Picked up some Turbo Stuff this week :-)

IMG

Tatsujin

wow. that pic had a hell of a load time.. :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

HercTNT

munchiaz, the laster in the x'eye is an optima-6s. they can be had cheaply. If you cant find one, an optima-150s will also work.

you can find one here for $20
http://www.sourcingmap.com/optima150s-optical-pickup-laser-head-part-for-jvc-player-p-147853.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=usfroogle

i hope that helps

Sparky

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/15/2012, 08:48 AMwow. that pic had a hell of a load time.. :D
hahaha... ya i am waiting for it still as i type this, better be good :P

munchiaz

Quote from: HercTNT on 01/15/2012, 10:07 AMmunchiaz, the laster in the x'eye is an optima-6s. they can be had cheaply. If you cant find one, an optima-150s will also work.

you can find one here for $20
http://www.sourcingmap.com/optima150s-optical-pickup-laser-head-part-for-jvc-player-p-147853.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=usfroogle

i hope that helps
I'm not to sure what the issue is. I thought it was the issue with the pinswitch, Becuase on the menu screen it keeps flashing that the door is open. I tried to override the pinswitch with a copper wire, but this hasnt worked. So i don't know what the issue is. i see that the laser moves up and down when i turn it on, so im not sure if the laser is broken?

SuperPlay

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/15/2012, 08:48 AMwow. that pic had a hell of a load time.. :D
Whoops uploaded the wrong pic.  Changed now.

HercTNT

sorry munchiaz, i wish i knew. I have an x'eye and so does a friend of mine and neither of us are having that problem. I do hope you get it worked out though as the system is worth it in my opinion.

munchiaz

^ i think there is a short in the system. the door open message is not supposed to flash constantly, and mine does

roflmao

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/15/2012, 08:33 AMPicked up some Turbo Stuff this week :-)
Awesome haul, SuperPlay!

allyourblood

This whole time I thought Magicoal was some sort of weird inside joke. Now I see Sparky's post and I just looked it up on YouTube. It's a game!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

PunkCryborg

Found this at an antique store while furniture shopping, pretty random find. It's in super nice condition and works great!

/img0029800x533.jpg

roflmao

Well it wasn't today, per se, but here are some recent pickups:

An awesome region-modded, cap replaced, lens replaced PC Engine Duo with custom RCA inputs from BernieLindell!:

IMG
IMG

Complete with Sparky Stickers!:

IMG

And a few other bits of OBEY:

IMG

Mishran

Got a sealed TV Sports Football and Hockey from Sadler today.
On the PCE side of things, Titan, Heavy Unit, Operation Wolf, Rock-on, Final BlasterPsycho Chaser, and Energy came in the mail today.
No pics, sorry guys.

SMF

Last few days i picked up Dead or Alive Dimensions 3ds
WWE 12
and got my 2 TV Sports games in the mail today. Thanks Sadler.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Samurai Ghost

No obey today but a few I picked up this week: /games1.jpg

munchiaz

^ nice pickups. how much did the battle garagga cost u?

Ji-L87

^ This thread is making me so jealous :p
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

MotherGunner

Would be cool if people started to tell WHERE they are getting these games from....
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bernie

Got these in the mail today from HitJapan.  Wizardry III*IV was the only Wizardry game I got today, but it completes the series on the Turbo for me.  :)
IMG
Got the Tennokoe Bank mainly for the tray insert and jewel case.  Gonna use it for those TG-16 games that didnt come with one.  :)

Opethian

damn I need to get Garegga back the arrange tunes are just amazing!!!
IMG

SuperDeadite

A few more cheapo X68k games.  Also managed to dig up two original doujin games.  :)
In case you're wondering, PCE's Override is a port of Last Battalion.  They are basically the same
games, but LB is far superior.

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/18/2012, 02:10 PM^ nice pickups. how much did the battle garagga cost u?
The Battle Garegga was 5,250 yen, which is about $68, plus a couple bucks for shipping. It came with the spine card which is good as this is my second copy which I'll probably sell at some point. It tends to go for about $120 on eBay.

bartre

ooh, an x68k version of Ys III?
do tell...

munchiaz

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/18/2012, 09:59 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/18/2012, 02:10 PM^ nice pickups. how much did the battle garagga cost u?
The Battle Garegga was 5,250 yen, which is about $68, plus a couple bucks for shipping. It came with the spine card which is good as this is my second copy which I'll probably sell at some point. It tends to go for about $120 on eBay.
indeed those are the prices i usually see it go for. thats a good deal you got there then.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/18/2012, 11:58 PM
indeed those are the prices i usually see it go for. thats a good deal you got there then.
Yeah Saturn games are generally quite affordable out here, so I've been buying a lot before I move back to the states. It's a great system with so many great Japanese titles on it.

JapanTokei

I just landed at Sapporo today.  My original plan was at the US this week but gladly take a JP business trip instead.  Will be checking out local shops as well and hoping to find goodies and showing them off soon on this thread in the coming days !!  :)

Opethian

I'll buy your extra copy or trade to something for it if its up!
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Opethian on 01/19/2012, 09:10 AM
Got anything interesting for trade?

Mishran

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/19/2012, 09:49 AM
This isn't the B/S/T thread. Take it elsewhere ya bums! :wink:

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Mishran on 01/19/2012, 10:55 AM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/19/2012, 09:49 AM
This isn't the B/S/T thread. Take it elsewhere ya bums! :wink:
Haha, sorry about that! Opethian, PM me if you are interested.

bartre

ordered me a copy of pier solar, finally.
now it just has to come to me.

nectarsis

Kung Fu movie trades FTW!!

/9fc47301.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: bartre on 01/19/2012, 02:36 PMordered me a copy of pier solar, finally.
now it just has to come to me.
as did i. Did u happen to pre order the soundtrack?

bartre

I will be, but as i posted somewhere around me, my paypal account is currently in jeopardy...

munchiaz

^ ohh shit, thats not good. Hope it works out for u

SuperDeadite

Quote from: bartre on 01/18/2012, 10:21 PMooh, an x68k version of Ys III?
do tell...
It is the best version of the game, (not counting Oath in Felghana).  Best graphics of them all, and it's amazingly fast and smooth.  No CD music of course, but the FM here sounds damn good regardless.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

dingsbums

JapanTokei

Quote from: dingsbums on 01/21/2012, 05:31 AM/new2901x676.jpg
Devil's Crash!  I'm still after that one myself

JapanTokei

picks so far in JP:

Been wanting to play Red/Last alert forever and needing a complete version.  got one at a reasonable price with spine :)
/600x450-2012011200016.jpg

and... I'll take as many minty Nexzrs as I can find!!  :)

/600x450-2012011300091.jpg

JapanTokei

and here was one ultra-rare goodie that got too expensive which I let go. 
Boxed System Card 2.0.   went for 10,000 yen+...

/600x450-2012011100028.jpg

SuperPlay

I have been looking for one of these for ages!

SuperPlay

Nice Mr Postie delivered these today:

IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/21/2012, 09:53 AMI have been looking for one of these for ages!
Lol, mee too. and believe me, I've never came across one in RL.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..