RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrapnoid

I'm currently re-playing Neutopia on my Duo because I haven't played it that way in years and I want to experience that summer of '91 nostalgia from when I had my TG16 and just a few games. :dance:

I've been re-playing a little bit, of Last Alert too. :lol:

Bernie

I aint playing shit right now...  My Duo took a huge crapola today soundwise..  Poop!!  Luckily I have one arriving tomorrow....or I could get violent....

MotherGunner

Quote from: Bernie on 01/26/2012, 08:17 PMI aint playing shit right now...  My Duo took a huge crapola today soundwise..  Poop!!  Luckily I have one arriving tomorrow....or I could get violent....
Damn that sucks brother.  Was it one of the ones you got full cap replacements on?  I wonder what could be the issue...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

roflmao

Quote from: Bernie on 01/26/2012, 08:17 PMI aint playing shit right now...  My Duo took a huge crapola today soundwise..  Poop!!  Luckily I have one arriving tomorrow....or I could get violent....
Sorry to hear that, Bernie. :(

I've been playing some Dragon Spirit.  I love the music for this game!

Bernie

Its one I bought that had been capped, but since the time it was worked on, more sound issues were discovered.  So, its very possible not all caps were replaced.  An operation is in the works though!  :)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/26/2012, 04:38 PMNot so much playing as failing tonight with New Adventure Island.  Been playing for an hour and not past stage 1-2 LOL I just cannot get used to the controls, having run and fire on the same button.

When I want to Jump I fire, when I want to fire I jump and ask for run ;0)

Must be tired, as when I had a quick blast on this a week or so ago I did not have this problem!
Luckily there's unlimited continues, unlike other Adventure Island games so man up and beat that bastard!

munchiaz

player some aero blaster tonight. got to phase 4. Really awesome games. I also played and beat spriggan for the first time tonight. One of the best shmups i've ever played.

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/28/2012, 03:50 AMplayer some aero blaster tonight. got to phase 4. Really awesome games. I also played and beat spriggan for the first time tonight. One of the best shmups i've ever played.
Yeah, Spriggan is way cool.  I was playing it earlier today as well.  Trying to 1cc it on Normal difficulty.  Made it to the last level, but then choked.  Oh well.

DesmondThe3rd

For some reason I was playing Timeball and Keith Courage. I'm still not a big fan of those ones after another playthrough but I wanted to beat Keith Courage without dying just for a challenge. Timeball is just balls!

esteban

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 01/29/2012, 04:50 PMFor some reason I was playing Timeball and Keith Courage. I'm still not a big fan of those ones after another playthrough but I wanted to beat Keith Courage without dying just for a challenge. Timeball is just balls!
I know you wrote that just to tease me. I know that you actually enjoy Timeball, especially holding down the TURBO button and testing your skill to the X-treme.

As long as you're joking, we are good.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Lilgrafx

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: esteban on 01/29/2012, 05:08 PM
Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 01/29/2012, 04:50 PMFor some reason I was playing Timeball and Keith Courage. I'm still not a big fan of those ones after another playthrough but I wanted to beat Keith Courage without dying just for a challenge. Timeball is just balls!
Well, I did find some of the earlier puzzles somewhat fun and I like the way it saves high scores too so it's good way to test one self later on but the repetitive nature of the game does get overly tedious after only a few plays so it's not one I come back to very often.

I know you wrote that just to tease me. I know that you actually enjoy Timeball, especially holding down the TURBO button and testing your skill to the X-treme.

As long as you're joking, we are good.

IMG

munchiaz

beat sapphire on easy today. I enjoyed it, but i think i was a lil over hyped at how good it was. Played more spriggan ( i love this game) got to act 6 on hard, but couldn't follow through.

munchiaz

Played more Spriggan tonight. I tried to 1cc it on normal. I got to the damn final boss of the game and fucked up. It would have been my first 1cc to. So pissed.

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/31/2012, 01:59 AMPlayed more Spriggan tonight. I tried to 1cc it on normal. I got to the damn final boss of the game and fucked up. It would have been my first 1cc to. So pissed.
That's exactly what happened to me last time I played (maybe a week ago).  What color combination do you prefer?  I used to use yellow-green but the last few times I've played through it I used red-blue.  Shields ftw.

DragonmasterDan

Yesterday I played a bit of Super Air Zonk (via virtual console) for the first time in a while to narrow down exactly why I don't like it. It's slow, the power up system isn't as fun as the first game and the level design is lousy.
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

still haven't finished ys book II...
and somehow, i can still never get much farther than level 3 in ai cho aniki...
that said, download has been kickin my ass as well...

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2012, 09:11 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/31/2012, 01:59 AMPlayed more Spriggan tonight. I tried to 1cc it on normal. I got to the damn final boss of the game and fucked up. It would have been my first 1cc to. So pissed.
That's exactly what happened to me last time I played (maybe a week ago).  What color combination do you prefer?  I used to use yellow-green but the last few times I've played through it I used red-blue.  Shields ftw.
right now im liking yellow green just because it covers so much of the damn screen

DesmondThe3rd

Just finished Lords of Thunder for the first time. Such an amazing game!

roflmao

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 02/01/2012, 02:33 PMJust finished Lords of Thunder so the first time. Such an amazing game!
Awesome!  I have yet to beat it, but I'll make it one of these days!

Lilgrafx

Quote from: bartre on 01/31/2012, 12:48 PMstill haven't finished ys book II...
and somehow, i can still never get much farther than level 3 in ai cho aniki...
that said, download has been kickin my ass as well...
This has nothing to do with your post but I love the Yusuke avatar.

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2012, 03:33 PM
Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 02/01/2012, 02:33 PMJust finished Lords of Thunder so the first time. Such an amazing game!
Awesome!  I have yet to beat it, but I'll make it one of these days!
Not even in easy mode? I beat it my first time playing. Then it took me 3 continues in the next harder difficulty. I still can't beat it in Super mode.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

roflmao

Nope. I don't know if I've tried Easy mode, though.  I usually just turn it on and jump in.  Unless that's Easy mode.

Lilgrafx

Opened my sealed bravo man and got to level 7 the translation in this games hilarious

Alt-Nintega

Been playing Raiden a lot. I can't get past the 3rd boss. This is one of the hardest games I have ever played.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/06/2012, 09:57 AMOpened my sealed bravo man and got to level 7 the translation in this games hilarious
IM DOCTORE BONG.

is what it sounds like he says.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Pwned Bonk's Revenge again for the millionth time last night for the first time on a TE. That game is perfect for the little screen! Game itself never gets old.  :)

Alt-Nintega

Still playing Raiden and still can't get past the 3rd stage. Went to research on how to beat the 3rd boss. No luck, no info etc.

geise

HellFire S.  I've had this game since 91 and I still always come back to play it.  Almost as much as I do Spriggan or Gate of Thunder.  I've just always liked it, even with the flickering and lack of parallax scrolling.  That's how NEC Ave. rolls haha.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 02/12/2012, 08:07 PMHellFire S.  I've had this game since 91 and I still always come back to play it.  Almost as much as I do Spriggan or Gate of Thunder.  I've just always liked it, even with the flickering and lack of parallax scrolling.  That's how NEC Ave. rolls haha.
Crap. I had this game years ago. It had scrapes/gouges/nicks (on the silkscreened side?, not the side the laser reads) on the data track(s)) because it would not play properly. I gave it to a friend who said he would find a way to solve it.

He leaves Hellfire S in a TACO BELL along with a bunch of his music CD's. I am with him at the time. I still remember enjoying that 7-layer burrito (mmmmmm...) around 8 or 9 years ago. We leave store. Ooooops! We forgot the discs. We go back inside. Someone swiped all the stuff in 1.5 minutes we were gone.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/12/2012, 12:19 PMStill playing Raiden and still can't get past the 3rd stage. Went to research on how to beat the 3rd boss. No luck, no info etc.
Is it just me, or is the PCE version of Raiden harder than the arcade, or any of the Trads?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

HercTNT

playing ys 4 right now, bosses are very challenging.

PunkCryborg

Download 2, Shinobi, and Vigilante!

nat

Haven't played much Turbo in the past few months. Made a little progress in Son Son II today, however.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

soop

Haven't played in a while.  I have stuff I need to get round to, but I'm currently playing Mario Tennis Power tour on the GBA and Apollo Justice on the DS.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/12/2012, 10:21 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/12/2012, 12:19 PMStill playing Raiden and still can't get past the 3rd stage. Went to research on how to beat the 3rd boss. No luck, no info etc.
Is it just me, or is the PCE version of Raiden harder than the arcade, or any of the Trads?
I think it depends on the difficulty setting the arcade owner set for Raiden. I don't remember the arcade being easier, even a little.

However, I have yet to beat either the HuCard or CD versions of Raiden, so I consider it a challenging game! I choke on certain bosses and slide right into bullet streams. Very sad. I've gotten (many times) to the final boss on the HuCard, but my utter lack of strategy demoralized me.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/12/2012, 10:21 PM
hell yeah it's harder than the Arcade. I got to level 6 in Arcade.

VenomMacbeth

I only ask because I seem to recall there being slightly fewer enemies (though not as few as in Trad -_- ) and the bosses taking slightly fewer hits before going kablooey.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Sadler

My Hori fighting stick arrived this weekend, so I played some SF2. Pretty awesome stick, completely awesome game! Other than that I played a touched of LoX for the Plays Well Together project. Still haven't gotten really anywhere, but I do appear to have almost caught up to where Zeta was on page one of that thread. :D

munchiaz

Lilgrafx

Got to level 12 in bravo man, the levels get kinda redundant

Sadler

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/15/2012, 10:36 PM^ which stick did you get?
Hori Fighting Stick PC. It's huge! Here's a pic, next to an Avenue 6 pad for comparison:

/5jwe34.jpg

roflmao

I went on a Turbo kick tonight and played Ninja Spirit, Super Star Soldier, Sapphire and Lords of Thunder.

Then I went through the 2 Turbo Views DVD sets and created table of contents inserts.  The discs are awesome, but it's a shame they don't include  a list of what games are reviewed on which disc.  Now that's been resolved.  :)  If anyone wants a pdf of the inserts I made, just shoot me a PM.

roflmao

Quote from: Sadler on 02/15/2012, 10:50 PMHori Fighting Stick PC. It's huge! Here's a pic, next to an Avenue 6 pad for comparison:
/5jwe34.jpg
I had one of those back in the day and (very regretfully) sold it 10-12 years ago.  Man, I'd love to have one again.  It's one of the most solid console joysticks I've ever had.

Lilgrafx

Got to the final level in Blazing Lazers without dying... and then my hopes and dreams exploded into a ball of fire. :(

Shrapnoid

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/22/2012, 08:05 PMGot to the final level in Blazing Lazers without dying... and then my hopes and dreams exploded into a ball of fire. :(
Just practice a little more and play it the way Fragmare said to and you shouldn't have any problems.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/22/2012, 08:18 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/22/2012, 08:05 PMGot to the final level in Blazing Lazers without dying... and then my hopes and dreams exploded into a ball of fire. :(
Just practice a little more and play it the way Fragmare said to and you shouldn't have any problems.
Is he the guy who revealed the special weapon?

turbokon

I've been playing GOT.  Never beat it but one day I swear to god I will.  I can get to Dark City without drying once and when I get there, it all goes to hell ](*,)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

thesteve

im still playing image fight.
i can clear level 5 without dieing but so far no level 6.
i suspect a region mod issue, so im working on it.

esteban

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/22/2012, 11:26 PMGot to the final level in Blazing Lazers without dying... and then my hopes and dreams exploded into a ball of fire. :(
DO NOT THINK that the final stage in Blazing Lazers is impossible with zero firepower. FAR FROM IT.

The last stage in Blazing Lazers is totally passable, even if you were to start with a pea shooter (no power-ups).

The "secret" is to adjust your speed as an offensive/defensive strategy:

(1) BE AGGRESSIVE when you can! MAX speed to take out the alternating waves on left and right. You'll be surprised how much area you can cover with MAX speed + pea shooter.

(2) KNOW YOUR LIMITS: REDUCE speed when you have to carefully dodge stuff in certain segments (i.e. the enemies that home-in on you...they are a little tricky if you are at the wrong speed).

(3) Slowly, you WILL get some gels and elevate above the mere pea-shooter.

I've been a broken-record about SPEED+PEA SHOOTER in Blazing Lazers, but I'd like to think I'm inspiring hope. :pcds: