10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

MSR *WILL* be finished, come hell or high water... hell more likely.

Started by OldRover, 08/16/2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

sealed homebrew games are for gays.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arjak

I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet. I'm worried it might have been delivered to my spam folder and deleted. :|
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

_Paul

Quote from: Arjak on 02/13/2012, 02:50 PMI haven't gotten my confirmation email yet. I'm worried it might have been delivered to my spam folder and deleted. :|
Mine was in my spam.

RegalSin

Quote from: Senshi on 02/13/2012, 02:11 PMLol..wut? He said "Unsealed so I can play it" I was assuming he was unable to open it himself.
IMG
IMGIMG

BlackandBlue

Quote from: guest on 02/13/2012, 02:13 PMsealed homebrew games are for gays.
Im going to seal mine once it arrives.  Then get it VGA graded.  Then show off to everyone with a website I made to display it, in it's sealed VGA box.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 02/14/2012, 01:53 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/13/2012, 02:13 PMsealed homebrew games are for gays.
Im going to seal mine once it arrives.  Then get it VGA graded.  Then show off to everyone with a website I made to display it, in it's sealed VGA box.
Im sure all the gays will love it then! =3 lol.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlackandBlue

Quote from: guest on 02/14/2012, 02:03 PM
Quote from: BlackandBlue on 02/14/2012, 01:53 PM
Im sure all the gays will love it then! =3 lol.
:D
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/13/2012, 02:13 PMsealed homebrew games are for gays.
I think it's fine for homebrew games to ship unsealed, but opening a new game is still cool. It would be a nice touch for new Turbo/PCE games to come sealed, even in just shrinkwrap, with a gold SUPER CD logo, like some CD2 games had.

You could also have some stickers professionally printed pretty cheap, that have some sort of anti-game grading message or something. So that if anyone tries to have them graded, they would have to preserve the anti-VGA message, since the game would not be truly complete without it or the seal it's attached to. If anyone did go through with it and the VGA or whoever actually graded it, a buyer dumb enough to buy a gouged graded homebrew game would always have a little note on the front saying "you're an idiot".

You could also have a sticker simply giving the url of where to officially buy the game with the retail price. Gougers would have to try selling it without a photo or unsealed.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

_Paul

Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/15/2012, 03:14 PM
I think it's fine for homebrew games to ship unsealed, but opening a new game is still cool. It would be a nice touch for new Turbo/PCE games to come sealed, even in just shrinkwrap, with a gold SUPER CD logo, like some CD2 games had.

You could also have some stickers professionally printed pretty cheap, that have some sort of anti-game grading message or something. So that if anyone tries to have them graded, they would have to preserve the anti-VGA message, since the game would not be truly complete without it or the seal it's attached to. If anyone did go through with it and the VGA or whoever actually graded it, a buyer dumb enough to buy a gouged graded homebrew game would always have a little note on the front saying "you're an idiot".

You could also have a sticker simply giving the url of where to officially buy the game with the retail price. Gougers would have to try selling it without a photo or unsealed.
Better still, photocopy the Deep Blue inlay and shove it on top, than seal it. Let's see them resell that.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 03:14 PM

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 03:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 03:14 PM

Better still, photocopy the Deep Blue inlay and shove it on top, than seal it. Let's see them resell that.
Genius. Both of them. :)

spenoza

I know a few gays who prefer playing games to keeping them sealed, although one of them is awfully careful about his role-playing books... He uses them, but you better not mistreat them or he'll put a cap in your ass.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 10:09 PMhe'll put a cap in your ass.
No butt plugs for me!

:D

I dont mind gays.  The joke was referencing a SNL skit with Stallone, is all. :)

Keranu

Great news! I've just completed the order to have 500 copies of MSR pressed! It's still going to take some time until the actual manufacturing phase begins, we have to ship a master copy to Nationwide Disc and have a CSR look over and finalize our project. To help speed things up, and hopefully have this ready in time for the MGC, we've fastened production time from 15 - 20 days down to 10!

I'll keep you all updated on the process. In the mean time Nod will be preparing the pre-order bonuses.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

spenoza

Don't you mean quickened? Fastened means attached...

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 02/28/2012, 06:07 PMDon't you mean quickened?
As in "There can be only ONE!" ?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 02/28/2012, 06:07 PMDon't you mean quickened? Fastened means attached...
Nope, fastened. As in fasten your seat belt, MSR will be available on a Turbo Duo near you!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

TheClash603

Ohh yeah!  Can't wait!

ParanoiaDragon

Oh, don't listen to Keranu, he's full of cow dooky!
IMG

OldRover

Keranu's sending out the IPR form this afternoon, and my lady will be dropping the master CDRs in the mailbox this afternoon as well... all headed for Texas. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bernie

Quote from: OldRover on 03/01/2012, 03:06 AMKeranu's sending out the IPR form this afternoon, and my lady will be dropping the master CDRs in the mailbox this afternoon as well... all headed for Texas. :)
Hell yeahhhh!!!  No more buying for me till I buy this.  I cant wait.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Keranu on 02/28/2012, 06:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/28/2012, 06:07 PMDon't you mean quickened? Fastened means attached...
Nope, fastened. As in fasten your seat belt, MSR will be available on a Turbo Duo near you!
so stoked!  I couldn't care less about it being sealed, maybe after the pre orders are sent out, and the first wave of buyers dies down a bit, then seal the rest (Even if it's just shrink wrap).  I might actually want a second copy sealed...... O_O
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/01/2012, 08:09 AMthen seal the rest (Even if it's just shrink wrap).  I might actually want a second copy sealed...... O_O
what part of this sounds like a good idea.

OldRover

Packaging the masters up :)

/msrtogo1 - 4.jpg
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

ParanoiaDragon

May I suggest that you encase it in carbonite??
IMG

OldRover

OK... wifey has taken it to the post office... it's outta here! :) Should arrive in Texas no later than Monday.

Arkhan Asylum

now that you have said that, it will be lost in transit, and delayed further.

OldRover

Knowing full well ahead of time that saying it will jinx it quite often leads the jinx to jinx itself out of spite, so it's all good. :)

Arkhan Asylum

I hear the plane crashing right now.

Keranu

I just got back from the post office, the IPR form has been sent to Nationwide Disc! We're just about ready to go!

So just to do some quick estimates.... supposing the masters and IPR arrive on Monday, it will take 24-48 hours for the project manager to look over and confirm all the details with me. If that all goes well, lets assume manufacturing takes place the next day, March 8th, and from there it will take 10 business days to produce (so excluding Saturday and Sundays), which would end on March 22nd. After production it will take around 3 days to ship here, so everything might be ready by Monday, March 26th.

This is based off a lot of guesstimation, there's a lot of factors involved. If we're lucky, it might arrive sooner, hopefully in time for the MGC. Or the confirmation process might take longer than expected, so it could arrive later. I'll update the progress here.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Keranu on 03/01/2012, 04:44 PMI just got back from the post office, the IPR form has been sent to Nationwide Disc! We're just about ready to go!

So just to do some quick estimates.... supposing the masters and IPR arrive on Monday, it will take 24-48 hours for the project manager to look over and confirm all the details with me. If that all goes well, lets assume manufacturing takes place the next day, March 8th, and from there it will take 10 business days to produce (so excluding Saturday and Sundays), which would end on March 22nd. After production it will take around 3 days to ship here, so everything might be ready by Monday, March 26th.

This is based off a lot of guesstimation, there's a lot of factors involved. If we're lucky, it might arrive sooner, hopefully in time for the MGC. Or the confirmation process might take longer than expected, so it could arrive later. I'll update the progress here.
If the masters sent don't pass inspection, you won't make MGC.

How many copies were made?

Keranu

Nod mailed in two master copies. Or if you're asking about how many discs will be pressed, 500.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I sent 10 masters, lol.

Hopefully they're spotless.  One imperfection = failure... and they won't press if that happens. :-/

Keranu

Yikes! Please don't jinx us any further! (or wait, is that a good thing as nod posted? I'm confused)
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I dunno, all I'm saying is don't bank on your 10 day timeframe until the inspector says its good to go.

OldRover

I'm not banking on it... just being hopeful.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 03/01/2012, 05:24 PMI'm not banking on it... just being hopeful.
Pessimism is the order of the day!

Only because, well, one little, tiny, itsy scuff is all it takes for them to fire that shit in the trash.

I hope it goes well though.  You've had enough fuckin' problems.  You're all tapped out!  You should be set. 

roflmao

I've replicated numerous CDs and DVDs (never though National, but have used a few different replicators) and most of the time sent 2 or 3 masters and there was never any issue.  Probably about 10 different projects over the past 4 years.  You'll be fine. :)  One of the replicators even allowed us to upload an iso in case there was a problem with the master (though we didn't need to).

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 03/01/2012, 04:18 PMKnowing full well ahead of time that saying it will jinx it quite often leads the jinx to jinx itself out of spite, so it's all good. :)
Congrats! It must have felt good to finally send that package out IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Yes, & it'll feel even better when it's in peoples hands!! :D
IMG

Keranu

Update!

The IPR form and master copies arrived at Nationwide Disc yesterday and I just got a confirmation email today. Here's a piece of good news from the email: "With your approval by 10:30 am CST Wednesday, your project will complete production and ship out on March 21st and should arrive via UPS on March 23rd."

Which would mean it would arrive just the day before the MGC!

For the most part, the job and packaging details looks good. The only things that need correcting are the label cropping and the CD print color. If all goes well, this won't cause any delay, but I can't say for sure.
IMG

Mathius

Let's pray that they don't get caught up in the mail for any reason. That is fantastic news otherwise! :D

DHG Hunter

I look forward to the chance of seeing the game at the MGC.  :) 

Later.

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 03/06/2012, 10:09 PMUpdate!

The IPR form and master copies arrived at Nationwide Disc yesterday and I just got a confirmation email today. Here's a piece of good news from the email: "With your approval by 10:30 am CST Wednesday, your project will complete production and ship out on March 21st and should arrive via UPS on March 23rd."

Which would mean it would arrive just the day before the MGC!

For the most part, the job and packaging details looks good. The only things that need correcting are the label cropping and the CD print color. If all goes well, this won't cause any delay, but I can't say for sure.
IMG Cook is waiting patiently!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

The approval phase is complete! Production on MSR will begin shortly!

"Your job is scheduled to finish production at the end of the day on March 22nd.  This estimated date is based on your master disc(s) passing integrity testing and copyright checks. Any delay in these areas will result in a delay of the completion of your project. Should your job finish prior to this date we will ship it."
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 03/08/2012, 06:54 PMThe approval phase is complete! Production on MSR will begin shortly!

"Your job is scheduled to finish production at the end of the day on March 22nd.  This estimated date is based on your master disc(s) passing integrity testing and copyright checks. Any delay in these areas will result in a delay of the completion of your project. Should your job finish prior to this date we will ship it."
MSR is finished! :D
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

spenoza

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/08/2012, 06:58 PMMSR is finished! :D
It ain't over 'till it's over!  ; )

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 03/08/2012, 06:54 PMThe approval phase is complete! Production on MSR will begin shortly!

What kind of shipping are they going to use to send them out? I'd be cool if they overnight it.

OldRover

Mathius

Keranu

Yep, UPS ground. The shipping is supposed to only take 2 days, but a previous email I got placed the estimated arrival date for the 26th (Monday).
IMG