Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meka

Jackie Chan, made it to the fourth stage on my first try, using continues of course, I think there a 5 stages in total.

Ji-L87

Finally got to properly sit down with the Tera Online EU beta : ) It's only held every other weekend and I missed out last time thanks to computer troubles.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

munchiaz

just been playing sfxt and SC V getting prepared for some up coming tournaments.

Starfighter

Just played some Crimzon Clover. A fantastic game, lucky me to stumble upon two great shoot 'em ups in a row!

VenomMacbeth

Terraria and Unblock Me. x_x
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Lilgrafx

Alex Kidd in Enchanted Castle, I feel like this game would be a lot more fun without Rock, Paper, Scissors.

BlueBMW

Did an all afternoon / all night X68000 game out with friends in Chattanooga.  Played Cotton, Geograph Seal, Parodius Da, Gradius, Cho Ren Sha, Dracula, and Detana Twinbee.

Sorry guys, Cotton X68k > Cotton PCE
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

I've been playing a fair amount of Gun.Smoke on the NES lately and it's been a blast.  Stuck on level 3, but I'm sure that will pass with some practice.  Awesome game.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2012, 01:03 AMI've been playing a fair amount of Gun.Smoke on the NES lately and it's been a blast.  Stuck on level 3, but I'm sure that will pass with some practice.  Awesome game.
It certainly is a solid game. IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

Ridge Racer Vita.  I don't understand all the shit this game is getting?  People love to copy paste reviews all over the net and hop on bandwagons just to get hits on their site.  Most probably haven't even really tried to play the game.  I have 58 music tracks, free gold pass to play online, now 8 cars and 5 tracks.  That's more tracks than the first 3 Ridge Racer games ever had.  New updates are coming and are still free for people that have recently purchased the game.  It looks amazing, even if it's not exactly 60 fps.  I have fun with it, but then again my favorite racer is Ridge Racer 1.  Ridge Racer will always be a game most casual gamers will dismiss as a "why is this not like GT?"

Terminarcade

Was playing Zero Divide on the saturn last night. I only wanted to play the hidden mini version of Phalanx (Tiny Phalanx) but damn, the cheat that is everywhere online is obviously for the Ps1. You're supposed to hold start+select on controller 2 when starting the game to unlock this... problem is saturn controllers have no select button. :-k

Anyone knows the trick for the saturn version?

Lilgrafx

Been playing land stalkers on the genny. Games great but the perspective makes it hard to platform.

roflmao

I recently got back from a trip to San Diego and spent a handful of hours playing Lunar Legend on the GBA SP.  I'm really digging it so far!  I spent another hour or so playing it tonight on the Gamecube and, wow, the GBA SP screen is washed out! It's like looking at a totally different game!

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2012, 01:03 AMI've been playing a fair amount of Gun.Smoke on the NES lately and it's been a blast.  Stuck on level 3, but I'm sure that will pass with some practice.  Awesome game.
Well I beat level 3 today, and it was surprisingly easy (hooray NES Advantage!).  Now I'm stuck on Level 4 (Ninjas!) This game is awesome.

Bernie

Currently just started a game of Lunar Silver Star Story for the PSone.

munchiaz

starting playing KOF13. Man ohh man. Have i been missing out on a great fighting game. As for right now i do enjoy sfxt but there are alot of issues with the game, so i may drop it competitively for KOF13

majors

Loaded my Minish Cap save after being MIA in Tetris Attack for my DS. Looks like I might just be able to beat this Zelda game.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

While the RX is in the shop and LoX saves are inaccessible, I started playing Lego Star Wars III on the PSP.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: Bernie on 03/30/2012, 01:14 PMCurrently just started a game of Lunar Silver Star Story for the PSone. 
What a coincidence! I am playing my recently acquired version of Lunar on the SEGA CD. Thanks again Beamer! :D

BlueBMW

Quote from: Bernie on 03/30/2012, 01:14 PMCurrently just started a game of Lunar Silver Star Story for the PSone. 
Bernie!  If you havent played before... please wait and play the Sega CD one first!  Apparently there are some significant story modifications made on the PSone version, and not for the good either.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/30/2012, 08:05 PM
Bernie!  If you havent played before... please wait and play the Sega CD one first!  Apparently there are some significant story modifications made on the PSone version, and not for the good either.
i never played the sega CD one. i did just buy it recently, but both my sega CDs don't work :(

BlueBMW

Fix em up!   I've actually been quite impressed with sega cd recently.  I keep discovering new gems for it.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/31/2012, 08:13 AMFix em up!   I've actually been quite impressed with sega cd recently.  I keep discovering new gems for it.
Yeah but there's so much FMV bullshit, In small doses that stuff can be fun because of how cheesy it is but so many of them.

Lilgrafx

Kid Icarus:Uprising and Kid Icarus 3D classic

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 03/31/2012, 07:15 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/31/2012, 08:13 AMFix em up!   I've actually been quite impressed with sega cd recently.  I keep discovering new gems for it.
Yeah but there's so much FMV bullshit, In small doses that stuff can be fun because of how cheesy it is but so many of them.
After you've experienced CD-i and Laseractive, FMV games dont phase you anymore :P

munchiaz

I tried to fix my JVC xeye but couldnt do it. I was supposed to drop it off at a friends , but i have yet to do that.

Digi.k

hmmm I should get of my ass and replay the mpeg version on the sega saturn just to unlock the audio tracks again...

Colossus1574

I rememb
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 03/31/2012, 07:15 PM
Have you tried the 32xCD titles like Supreme Warrior, Farenheit, and Zombie Killers? hahah, the video window is a little bigger and at least the FMV is alot more colorful and crisp then say....SewerShark for regular SegaCD, ugh...

Haven't been playing much retro lately, still working on Uncharted 3 and doing some practicing on StreetFighter x Tekken....

geise

Sadly not a god damn thing, cause I've been to busy.  :x

esteban

Quote from: geise on 04/06/2012, 08:37 AMSadly not a god damn thing, cause I've been to busy.  :x
IMG Hany says, "Darn it!"

Ji-L87

Progressing through Rockman.EXE 2 (MMBN 2), going quite well but makes me realize the DS Lite's d-pad kind of sucks . Also played a bit more Grandia, only to get stuck on as boss fight that completely and utterly destroys me every time : < 

Edit: And just because I said that, I beat it : |
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

roflmao

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 04/08/2012, 05:54 AMAlso played a bit more Grandia, only to get stuck on as boss fight that completely and utterly destroys me every time : < 

Don't you love it when that happens? :D

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 04/08/2012, 01:01 PM
Quote from: Ji-L87 on 04/08/2012, 05:54 AMAlso played a bit more Grandia, only to get stuck on as boss fight that completely and utterly destroys me every time : < 

Don't you love it when that happens? :D
I truly do. Just hope that kind of magic would work a second time, because guess what, I'm stuck again :p
Watching boss battles on youtube makes it very clear that there are a lot of moves and skills that I don't have...and I'm not really in a place where I can grind. Hm.

Edit: And there we go again! This thread's my lucky charm! :)
CHECKPOINT!

munchiaz

started playing xenoblade. So far im only 4 hours in, but im loving it so far. The battle system is really awesome, and makes the game flow very well. I also enjoy the UK voice acting.

Lilgrafx

All most done with Kid Icarus:Uprising, My favorite 3DS title.

Colossus1574

8-[
Got carried away and just finished playing 5 hours of SSX 3 for PS2....
Surprised how good it looks hooked up with component cables to a Plasma tv  :idea:

esteban

I am so happy... SpellTower has a nice update this morning for me! (Yes, me alone) :pcgs:

IMG

BlueBMW

A friend came into town today and brought his pal mega drive and 32x.  After a few step up converters and some fenagling on my pvm we got to play some Darxide on 32x.  Pretty neat game... doesnt justify its cost though.

Gogan

Jus finished Ico.  What a great game.

Then downloaded Journey on psn. All I can say is you should do the same. Beautiful game with such a unique multiplayer experience
Nothin beats the real thing.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/13/2012, 03:11 AMA friend came into town today and brought his pal mega drive and 32x.  After a few step up converters and some fenagling on my pvm we got to play some Darxide on 32x.  Pretty neat game... doesnt justify its cost though.
Always wondered about that game. Thanks for the first hand experience.

munchiaz

I downloaded skullgirls off PSN a few nights ago. Game is awesome. Its like MvC3 without all the BS that makes me hate playing MvC3

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 04/13/2012, 11:32 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/13/2012, 03:11 AMA friend came into town today and brought his pal mega drive and 32x.  After a few step up converters and some fenagling on my pvm we got to play some Darxide on 32x.  Pretty neat game... doesnt justify its cost though.
Always wondered about that game. Thanks for the first hand experience.
Its a 3d space shooter that actually looks pretty good and is not boring.  Theres quite a variety of objectives in each mission and lots of different enemies / objects.  The difficulty is a bit high but all in all not bad.  Overall its good, but not $500 good.

Colossus1574

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/09/2012, 04:46 AMstarted playing xenoblade. So far im only 4 hours in, but im loving it so far. The battle system is really awesome, and makes the game flow very well. I also enjoy the UK voice acting.
coincidently, i just started playing Xenogears (ps1) !  I needed an rpg fix...but found nothing on the ps3 that didn't look like WoW, so decided to dust off some old ps1 rgs i never even played  :-s

munchiaz

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 04/13/2012, 07:31 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/09/2012, 04:46 AMstarted playing xenoblade. So far im only 4 hours in, but im loving it so far. The battle system is really awesome, and makes the game flow very well. I also enjoy the UK voice acting.
coincidently, i just started playing Xenogears (ps1) !  I needed an rpg fix...but found nothing on the ps3 that didn't look like WoW, so decided to dust off some old ps1 rgs i never even played  :-s
I never beat xenogears. i borrowed from a friend back in highschool and got stuck. Some day ill buy it and beat it. I do hear the first disc is far better then disc 2

bob

I've been looking for a pick-up-and-play RPG the last month and came across Vay for sega CD. Great fun, leave it to working designs to fill that hole!

chany60126

Been playing Dynasty Warriors 2. Still every bit as fun as when I initially played it in 2000. :)

Colossus1574

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/14/2012, 04:06 AM
Quote from: Colossus1574 on 04/13/2012, 07:31 PM
I never beat xenogears. i borrowed from a friend back in highschool and got stuck. Some day ill buy it and beat it. I do hear the first disc is far better then disc 2
I'm still on disc 1 but thanks for the heads up!
Quote from: chany60126 on 04/15/2012, 04:12 PMBeen playing Dynasty Warriors 2. Still every bit as fun as when I initially played it in 2000. :)
Don't forget Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (ps3) if u like that kinda game and enjoyed the Hokuto No Ken manga!
Also if u like the DW characters, try Dynasty Tactics 2 (ps2) but its not a fighters game but more simulation/strategy. Probably my fave title for that genre! (Sorry, to all u Shining Force lovers hehe)

burn_654

Been playing Metroid Prime: Hunters on my DS lite.

I didn't like the stylus control at first but then I moved to using my thumbnail for it and it's been gravy. I might look for a thumb stylus actually.
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

roflmao

I spent a good chunk of the day playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on the Gamecube today.  I've owned this game since about the time it was released and I finally got the 4th Star (out of 7) today.  It'll probably be another 5 years before I complete this game at this rate. :)

Starfighter

Silent Hill Downpour. 70% done according to my save and I'm very pleased with the story so far. Technically the game sucks, it frequently stutters and freezes, but I like the change of main character - you know you're fucked right from the bat. Let's just hope the ending keeps it on track.