RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/01/2012, 11:17 PMTrue Fact:  Alone in the Dark 2 is my friend's favorite video game of all time.

True Fact #2:  I laugh at him for that.
Probably more fun then 3D Austrailia though :P
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/01/2012, 11:29 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/01/2012, 11:17 PMTrue Fact:  Alone in the Dark 2 is my friend's favorite video game of all time.

Probably more fun then 3D Austrailia though :P
Australia in 3D > One Eye Jack.

Come to think of it, One Eye Jack can't even see 3D due to the lack of his one eye.

Tatsujin

How many games did he ever had played in his life?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ji-L87

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/01/2012, 03:05 PMGotta love slow boat packages from Japan:

Already fixed the power supply on the 68k, not sure on the floppy drives yet though.

/japangoodz.jpg
Oh, sweet!
Wait...was Air Combat an LD-title, or is that just the soundtrack or something?
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

BlueBMW

Just a movie.  But game related LDs are always cool to nab.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Ji-L87

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/02/2012, 07:54 AMJust a movie.  But game related LDs are always cool to nab.
Whelp, can't disagree with that.
So what's it like? Does it contain any gameplay, like a demo, or are there "behind the scenes"-stuff or...?
Seems interesting : )
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SMF

I picked up the Star Wars Xbox System today. Ill post pics when I get home. Also my cousin finally sent me her Sega stuff, Sega Cd, 32x and some games.

Pics will be on tonight after I get off work.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

nectarsis

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/9f1abed4.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 04/03/2012, 08:36 PMHey you got your Cyber Lip!  :D
LOL told ya it would be my first if possible ;)

BlueBMW

Well dang, I gotta hurry up and get you this CMVS hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nectarsis

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/03/2012, 08:53 PMWell dang, I gotta hurry up and get you this CMVS hehe
Still need to find a decently priced controller LOL

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbokon

My latest editions to my turbo/pce addiction:)

/2b060ce5.jpg
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Opethian

attach a superCDROM and you will be hoover powered!
IMG

TheClash603

Everyone has a Super Grafx but me...   one of these day's I'll buy one in a moment of weakness!

Samurai Ghost

Yeah, I've ALMOST bought one on so many occasions. Just passed on a boxed SuperGrafx with boxed SuperCD and the RAU-30 interface adapter. I just don't think it could fit in my apartment!

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/03/2012, 07:27 PMWOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/9f1abed4.jpg
Congrats when are you getting a cmvs !?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Quote from: turbokon on 04/03/2012, 11:05 PMMy latest editions to my turbo/pce addiction:)

/2b060ce5.jpg
Very nice :) now also get a new/better digi-cam :D

TheClash603

Cyber Lip is the sexiest game character ever.

You gotta post some pics of your CMVS once you get that bad boy running.

Nando

MADOUUUUUU GANZSNORT!

You just need an Alien from Alien or Aliens next to it and a picture of St. Giger on the other side. ;)

nectarsis

Quote from: TR0N on 04/04/2012, 01:02 AM

/9f1abed4.jpg
I have one, it's getting hooked up by BM ;)

turbokon

Tats, already have one. It's just more convinent with the iPhone:)

Quote from: Opethian on 04/03/2012, 11:56 PMattach a superCDROM and you will be hoover powered!
LOL, sorry that setup is just to fugly for me:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

SMF

SMF

And the Sega genesis, CD, 32X my cousin sent me came last weekend.

IMG
IMG

liquitek

Picked up a Retrode a couple weeks ago at the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo.
Technically it's a Retrode 2 I guess...
It lets you plug SNES % Genny games into your computer/smartphone/tablet
More info here: http://retrode.com/
Love it.

Would like to see a PC Engine & TG16 adapter.  Apparently one could be made to use in the SNES port.

liquitek

Made a couple other misc pickups at the Expo too...
nothing to make your eyes pop out, well maybe WCW/NWO World Tour.  No?  ok then.

I had to leave the show just as the 1-on-1 N64 Goldeneye tournament was about to start.  /sigh
Can only leave the family at the aquarium for so long.  At some point it becomes neglect or something... :lol:
Also meant I missed the drunk Tetris tournament that night too...

lot 1.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: SMF on 04/04/2012, 12:28 PMAnd the Sega genesis, CD, 32X my cousin sent me came last weekend.
IMG
IMG
OMG. Splatterhouse 2 i need that gimme gimme gimme. Seriously tho. if you want to sell it let me know

Samurai Ghost

Yeah, Splatterhouse 2 is an awesome title! Had to wait around a while to find a decent price on it for the JP Mega Drive. There are some other great games in there as well, like Phantasy Star II, Castlevania Bloodlines, and the 32X version of Night Trap!  :P

Got a ton of stuff heading to me in the mail at the moment but here are a few recent pick-ups. Been collecting Games Express games these days for some reason... Also got a couple cool little guidebooks for some RPGs/SRPGs with full color maps, etc. The Toilet Kids is practically brand new, and I had to settle for a loose Cloud Master as I can't find a complete copy at the moment...

s17.postimage.org/pdo18x91b/games8.jpg

SMF

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/04/2012, 02:19 PM
Quote from: SMF on 04/04/2012, 12:28 PMAnd the Sega genesis, CD, 32X my cousin sent me came last weekend.
IMG
IMG
OMG. Splatterhouse 2 i need that gimme gimme gimme. Seriously tho. if you want to sell it let me know
Lol thanks but ill be holding onto that game. But if I do ever decide to sell it your on my top buyer list. I know a used record store is selling a copy for $25 or $30 with case no manuel tho.

SMF

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/04/2012, 09:37 PMYeah, Splatterhouse 2 is an awesome title! Had to wait around a while to find a decent price on it for the JP Mega Drive. There are some other great games in there as well, like Phantasy Star II, Castlevania Bloodlines, and the 32X version of Night Trap!  :P

Yea I noticed she sent me the original Night Trap and the 32X one. When I opened the box I wasn't expecting all those awesome games. I called her and asked if she wanted any money. She said no I know u collect games and figured you would want them. I'm still blown away I told her you could eBay this and get a good chunk of money. Gotta love family.

Got a ton of stuff heading to me in the mail at the moment but here are a few recent pick-ups. Been collecting Games Express games these days for some reason... Also got a couple cool little guidebooks for some RPGs/SRPGs with full color maps, etc. The Toilet Kids is practically brand new, and I had to settle for a loose Cloud Master as I can't find a complete copy at the moment...

/games8.jpg
DAM A lot of awesome pick ups. Is that a strip poker video game ?

munchiaz

Quote from: SMF on 04/04/2012, 10:06 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/04/2012, 02:19 PM
IMG
IMG
Lol thanks but ill be holding onto that game. But if I do ever decide to sell it your on my top buyer list. I know a used record store is selling a copy for $25 or $30 with case no manuel tho.
PM has been sent about that splatterhouse 2

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: SMF on 04/04/2012, 10:10 PMDAM A lot of awesome pick ups. Is that a strip poker video game ?
Yeah, haven't played it yet but it's a strip poker game!

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/04/2012, 10:38 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/04/2012, 01:02 AM

/9f1abed4.jpg
I have one, it's getting hooked up by BM ;)
Cool i thought you would have gotton one from neo-geo.com or some place else,i wanna see pics when it's ready.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mishran

Just got these in the mail. Thanks Psycho Arkhan Asylum and OldMan. You guys are awesome! 8)
/img0273nx.jpg
Image of the ProtoCard menu on my 61" TV. Ahh, don't mind me or the semi dirty living room. Stupid reflection... #-o
/img0274ov.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

BAM!

etc.

man that insert cracks me up
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldMan

We thank you *Greatly* for your support. We're just sorry the games on the first cards are so.....unfinished.

For those who want to know, all of that money is going towards getting the boards professionally made and buying tsop chips, so the next batch will be thinner. And possibly prettier :)

Again we thank everyone for their support. It wouldn't be possible without it.

Arkhan Asylum

Hey, all of thats already on the insert for the cards....

:)  lol

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Nando

Quote from: Mishran on 04/05/2012, 10:28 AMJust got these in the mail. Thanks Psycho Arkhan Asylum and OldMan. You guys are awesome! 8)
/img0273nx.jpg
Image of the ProtoCard menu on my 61" TV. Ahh, don't mind me or the semi dirty living room. Stupid reflection... #-o
/img0274ov.jpg
Oh that's too cool!

roflmao

Quote from: Mishran on 04/05/2012, 10:28 AMJust got these in the mail. Thanks Psycho Arkhan Asylum and OldMan. You guys are awesome! 8)
/img0273nx.jpg
Aw yeah!  Mine arrived today as well.  I'ma bout to go give it a spin!  Thanks!  This is so awesome.

IMG

I also recently picked up a couple physical games, a dice game (Catan) and another co-op strategy game (LOTR).  Both have been a lot of fun so far.  The GBA game is Pinball of the Dead.

Arkhan Asylum

Hah that LOTR game is fun.

Though its Fantasy flight, and theyre always a toss up.

Mathius

Man what do I have to do to get me one of those homemade Hu's?

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2012, 12:40 PMHah that LOTR game is fun.

Though its Fantasy flight, and theyre always a toss up.
The only other Fantasy Flight game I've played is War of the Ring and, honestly, I haven't completed a game yet, and I've started two or three games.  It so complex.  :shock:  But it came with so many cool minis.

This new one's much more manageable.  I've only played it once so far, and lost, but it was tense!  It'll get played again soon.

Ok, now I'm really off to play the Protocade!

Mishran

BTW Ark, what is up with the torn piece of paper with the letter on it? roflmoa has on with a "P" on it in the pic and mine says "Y"? Any importance to them? I nearly tossed mine, but figured I find out first.

Arkhan Asylum

Fantasy Flight REALLY likes including lots of plastic with their games.

Also, I dunno what those ripped up letters are.....

....I didn't put them there.

Maybe Keith Courage did.

munchiaz

How is the Catan Dice game? havent played a normal game of catan in a few years. Does the dice game play as well as normal catan?

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/05/2012, 03:06 PMHow is the Catan Dice game? havent played a normal game of catan in a few years. Does the dice game play as well as normal catan?
It's like a cross between Catan and Yahtzee.  You roll 6 dice and use the resources that are rolled to build roads, settlements and cities.  You earn victory points for settlements and cities as well as having the longest road and having the largest army.  So in those respects it's pretty faithful to the original game.  However there is no trading between players, and there is no thief.  The good thing is it can be played with only 2 players (as opposed to 4) and it's also fun to play solitaire.  

The game also comes with 2 rule variants.  The second variant is a little more strategic (and maybe a little more challenging to learn), but I think it captures the essence of the original game better.

Also, the games only take about 20-30 minutes to play, which is nice.

I found it at a nearby Books A Million for $15.  I'd recommend it if you're looking for something that's rules and strategy light and plays quick.

PS - On an unrelated note, I am also curious as to why the Protocade card came with a letter "P". :D

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2012, 03:47 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/05/2012, 03:06 PMHow is the Catan Dice game? havent played a normal game of catan in a few years. Does the dice game play as well as normal catan?
It's like a cross between Catan and Yahtzee.  You roll 6 dice and use the resources that are rolled to build roads, settlements and cities.  You earn victory points for settlements and cities as well as having the longest road and having the largest army.  So in those respects it's pretty faithful to the original game.  However there is no trading between players, and there is no thief.  The good thing is it can be played with only 2 players (as opposed to 4) and it's also fun to play solitaire. 

The game also comes with 2 rule variants.  The second variant is a little more strategic (and maybe a little more challenging to learn), but I think it captures the essence of the original game better.

Also, the games only take about 20-30 minutes to play, which is nice.

I found it at a nearby Books A Million for $15.  I'd recommend it if you're looking for something that's rules and strategy light and plays quick.

PS - On an unrelated note, I am also curious as to why the Protocade card came with a letter "P". :D
sounds awesome ill have to look in to picking a copy up

Colossus1574

Quote from: liquitek on 04/04/2012, 01:55 PMPicked up a Retrode a couple weeks ago at the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo.
Technically it's a Retrode 2 I guess...
It lets you plug SNES % Genny games into your computer/smartphone/tablet
More info here: http://retrode.com/
Love it.

Would like to see a PC Engine & TG16 adapter.  Apparently one could be made to use in the SNES port.
Hey Liquitek, I'm here in Burnaby...but I never heard about this Retro Game Expo???! Where did they hold it? I'm probably going to the Fan Expo at the Convention Centre at the end of the month, which seems to be a convention for Gamers, TV/Movie/Anime fans, and a little for Comicbook fans.

bob

IMG
I fucking love Night Trap