@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Zonk reincarnated?

Started by glazball, 05/20/2012, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glazball

I've been playing a silly game with my 7 year old stepson on the PS3 called Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL.  It's basically Super Smash Bros. with Cartoon Network characters and horrible controls but still kind of fun.  There's a character from Kids Next Door (who was new to me) named Numbuh One who looks amazingly like a Duo mascot we all know!  Seems a little close to be coincidence.  Anyone else think this is a little bit eerie?

Numbuh One vs. Air Zonk!
IMGIMG
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

SignOfZeta

IMG

motdelbourt

I wish I could see it. I would like to see a Zonk show in the Cartoon Network though.

glazball

C'mon...  the shades, the short stature, the one finger up, the oversized feet??  Nothing??  Bah!  Well he looks so much like Zonk to me it's been bugging me all weekend.  Maybe I'm just old or jaded or more likely, both.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

HercTNT

might not be related, but good catch :)

VestCunt

What about Poochy? He's pretty extreme.

C'mon, the sunglasses, the raised fingers....j/k
IMG

Topic Adjourned.

Tatsujin

Phew!! Now I'm just glad, that he does NOT look amazingly like a Duo mascot we all know!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

The poses in the two images are very similar, but the characters not so much.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

guyjin

if you squint really hard, there's a slight resemblance. but not much.

Tatsujin

Yeah, it's like R-9 and Vic Viper are almost the same air/space crafts.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer