@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

PikachuWarrior

It's weird how fragmented the PC Engine appeared to be in Japan. Why have so many variants? lol
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/24/2012, 03:38 PMIt's weird how fragmented the PC Engine appeared to be in Japan. Why have so many variants? lol
lol.  I don't lol think there's really all that many lol different versions than the genny lol or snes lol, the difference being that the PCEs are more obviously different lol than the other two.  lol
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jeffhlewis

The latest batch of goodies from the 'bay and also some awesome forum members here!

Another batch coming from Japan in about 2 weeks. Now I remember why I quit this hobby 8 years ago - once you start you can't stop  ](*,)

IMG

munchiaz

^ nice haul. Its true. i stopped collecting for a few months Then took a trip to my game store, and now ive been buying stuff again every week.

BlueBMW

Ahh spriggan, very nice!

Lugged this thing home from Atlanta this week...

Works pretty good for being over 20 years old.  Will probably need a refurb eventually, or at least a few adjustments as it has a bit of corner bowing and the picture is a little larger than the screen.  Still for how cheap it was, it looks fantastic!

/PVM.jpg

Love the 80's style add on speakers!

/spk1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

roflmao

How do you find room for all your cool toys, Blue?  I love those speakers. :P

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2012, 04:24 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/24/2012, 03:38 PMIt's weird how fragmented the PC Engine appeared to be in Japan. Why have so many variants? lol
lol.  I don't lol think there's really all that many lol different versions than the genny lol or snes lol, the difference being that the PCEs are more obviously different lol than the other two.  lol
That's....what I was getting at. Creep.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/24/2012, 06:38 PMThe latest batch of goodies from the 'bay and also some awesome forum members here!
Hm, I actually tried to buy Silent Hill 3 & 4 very recently. One of the reasons I gave up on the bid I had started, at least on 3, was because I learned Konami did a PS3 remake where 2&3 had been remastered to 720p HD. In the case of 4, I just got outbid and decided it was more than what I wanted to pay for a used copy. Anyway, here's the link to their new HD collection for 2&3:

http://www.konami.com/games/silenthillhd

Apparently, this version, "Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams" is slightly enhanced compared to the original PS2 version I bought (and beat not too long ago) which irritated me a little bit (you buy a game, then years later a "special deluxe" version comes out with a few enhancements - I would've rather played THAT version!), but I'd be willing to play it again! There was something about Silent Hill 2 that had me thinking about it days/weeks after finishing it... Kind of a mind fuck horror/love story, to say the least! It was weird, bizarre, suspenseful, interesting, freaky, etc.! Anyway, besides Metal Gear Solid 4, this gives me another reason to eventually get a PS3.

PikachuWarrior

There are more than enough reasons to own a ps3 :)
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/24/2012, 11:49 PMApparently, this version, "Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams" is slightly enhanced compared to the original PS2 version I bought (and beat not too long ago) which irritated me a little bit (you buy a game, then years later a "special deluxe" version comes out with a few enhancements - I would've rather played THAT version!), but I'd be willing to play it again! There was something about Silent Hill 2 that had me thinking about it days/weeks after finishing it... Kind of a mind fuck horror/love story, to say the least! It was weird, bizarre, suspenseful, interesting, freaky, etc.! Anyway, besides Metal Gear Solid 4, this gives me another reason to eventually get a PS3.
I actually heard fans damn near burned down Konami HQ when that remake came out because they re-recorded the voice actors, haha.

I had played through Silent Hill 1 when it first came out a long time ago; great game. I just picked up 2 because I heard it's hands down the best in the series. Someone already spoiled the plot for me - as someone who lost a wife to cancer it certainly sounds like it's going to hit close to home.

Byron - is that a Sony PVM?

NecroPhile

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/24/2012, 11:24 PMThat's....what I was getting at. Creep.
The point you were making was that there are less variants of the PCE than there are of the Genny or SNES?  And oddly laughing about it?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Samurai Ghost

Some pickups this week. Can't wait to test out the INTVII but the controllers are a bit strange with the non-clicky buttons... The system is in excellent condition though, nearly perfect.

IMG

IMG

munchiaz

man i need a clam shell box for bloodlines

Samurai Ghost

Yeah I hate paper boxes and will always go for the clamshell version if there is one.

Reposting because I had the last on the last page...
IMG

IMG

bob

/retro/mag1.jpg[/img]

/retro/mag2.jpg[/img]

PikachuWarrior

Got some more amazon gift cards in. Paid for my preorder of Record of Agarest War 2 LE for the PS3, with $24 left. Comes out end of June. Knock another new, upcoming game off my "list to buy"
IMG

bartre

nabbed a complete copy of alien storm for the genny for $6 off the 'bay.
i'm back on a genesis kick, god help me.

jeffhlewis

Had another import binge from Yamatoku on eBay. Should arrive in about a week:

(PCE) PC Engine Multitap
(PCE) Street Fighter II
(PCE) Monster Lair
(Dreamcast) Segagaga Deluxe Set
(Dreamcast) Typing of the Dead
(Saturn) Tengai Makyo 4: The Apocalypse
(Saturn) Bomberman
(Saturn) Magical School Lunar
(Saturn) Virtua Cop 2
(Saturn) Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
(Saturn) Gale Racer
(Saturn) Lunar: Silver Star Story
(Saturn) Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
(Super Fami) Cho Makaimura
(Super Fami) Boxes Super Famicom System
(Super Fami) Axelay
(Super Fami) Street Fighter 2
(Super Fami) Street Fighter 2 Turbo
(Famicom Disk) Palutena no Kagami
(Famicom Disk) Ginga Denshou
(Famicom) Tom Sawyer

nectarsis

NICCCCCCCCEEEEEE
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/26/2012, 09:56 PMHad another import binge from Yamatoku on eBay. Should arrive in about a week:

(PCE) PC Engine Multitap
(PCE) Street Fighter II
(PCE) Monster Lair
(Dreamcast) Typing of the Dead
(Saturn) Bomberman
(Saturn) Magical School Lunar
(Saturn) Virtua Cop 2
(Saturn) Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
(Saturn) Gale Racer
(Saturn) Lunar: Silver Star Story
(Saturn) Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
(Super Fami) Cho Makaimura
(Super Fami) Boxes Super Famicom System
(Super Fami) Axelay
(Super Fami) Street Fighter 2
(Super Fami) Street Fighter 2 Turbo
(Famicom Disk) Palutena no Kagami
(Famicom Disk) Ginga Denshou
(Famicom) Tom Sawyer
What are those Famicom Disk System games like, Jeff???

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 05/27/2012, 01:48 AMWhat are those Famicom Disk System games like, Jeff???
-Palutena no Kagami is just Kid Icarus - one of my favorites from back in the day and wanted to own the original version
-Ginga Denshou was a game I saw go up for sale and it caught my eye - I'd never heard of it. It's apparently a zelda/shooter mix and it comes with the disk, manual, an audio cassette tape all in a big box. interested to check it out.

Unfortunately I have to fix my Twin Fami's belt before I can play any of these. Might be a few weeks before I can spare the time it'll take to fix.

FiftyQuid

Bought this off Kijiji.  $250 for the lot.  The CD needs repairing, but everything else is fine, just dusty.  I was very excited to find a TG-16 CD, even if it was broken.  I was even happier to find it with the mounting base, and hard case.

If you can't make it out from the pictures;

2x TurboPad
1x TurboTap
2.0 System Card

Final Zone II, Ninja Spirit, Impossamole, Bravoman, Drop Off, Bonk's Revenge, Shockman, Soldier Blade, Keith Courage, Order of the Griffon, Dungeon Explorer, TV Sports: Football, Legendary Axe, and Pac-Land.

/tg16cd.jpg

/ninjarkp.jpg

/bonkh.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turbokon on 05/28/2012, 03:38 AMNice quid =D&gt;
Thanks!  I'm still pretty stoked about this purchase.  I've started cleaning up the hu cards with a toothbrush and some mild soap and water.  Some of 'the crud' on the arrow where you place your fingers to insert the hu cards in and out of the console are filled with grime.  Twenty years of dirt and skin build up.  Quite a few of the jewel case fronts are cracked as well so they'll need to be replaced.  The hu card sleeves are in good shape, but they are pretty gross inside so I'm going to swap them with some of Seymor's sleeves.  I'm was always very proud to show off my TG-16 back in the '90's, so I'm glad I get to restore things back to their former glory and show them off again.  It gives me a real sense of pride.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

turbokon

More pc-engine stuff:)

/07532fa8.jpg

www.tg16pcemods.com

PikachuWarrior

Newest purchase:
Atelier Meruru Limited Edition sealed, next to my other sealed Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 LE from before--both for the PS3:

/img20120529143437.th.jpg
IMG

munchiaz

^ are those games any good. Or are they just nice to have as collectors pieces.

PikachuWarrior

Definitely not mainstream material, but if you are a fan of JRPGs that are different (not as serious) as others like Lost Odyssey or Final Fantasy XII, you may like the ones put out by NIS America.
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: turbokon on 05/29/2012, 06:59 PMMore pc-engine stuff:)
Nice, turbokon!  I don't know anything about the other games, but Spriggan should provide you with many, many hours of enjoyment.  It's definitely one of my favorites.

Tatsujin

one of the best v-shewties ever made out there :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

Spriggan + Nexzr = best PCE exclusive chooters!
IMG

turbokon

Quote from: Opethian on 05/29/2012, 11:12 PMSpriggan + Nexzr = best PCE exclusive chooters!
I love spriggan, been playing it on cdr and just had to get the real deal. My next quest is to get nexzr and rayxenber III when the price is right. Ohh, got the that platformer with a horizontal element game too, Genji Tsuushin AGEDAMA.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Tatsujin

Quote from: Opethian on 05/29/2012, 11:12 PMSpriggan + Nexzr = best PCE exclusive chooters!
Don't forget about GoToBeY :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

Rayxanber III is heaps easier than II youll be done with it in no time!
IMG

JapanTokei

I 1000% second this opinion too.  Specifically Nezxr is an absolute wonder of a masterpiece.  My fav on the system..  Though I don't have SGX 1941 like lucky Ope!

munchiaz

got all this in yesterday from a guy on the neo-geo forums. He threw in that SFC game with the dog for free

IMG
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/01/2012, 03:56 PMIMG
At first I thought there was something wrong with the top of your GC and the screen of the GBA.  Then I realized it was the reflection of your ceiling. :D  Cool effect!  (and nice haul, btw!)

Tatsujin

lol yeah, rolfmaol. I first was also like WTHF?! lol

PikachuWarrior

IMG

BlueBMW

Picked up a few nicer items this week from an in person trading of goods...

/epichauly.jpg

Tatsujin

=D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

one of the greatest haulies recently there :)

Frank_fjs

Sensational stuff BMW. So when will you be raffling the LT? :P

BlueBMW

roflmao

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

No doubt! Honestly, LTs don't excite me all that much. Tatsujin on the other hand. That is my personal holy grail. I'd rather have it over Bazzu, Stream Hearts or any other "rare" title. I'd gladly trade my copy of 1941 (SGX) for a copy. Any takers?

Beamer, you should keep that copy at all costs. You never know when another will come along.

munchiaz

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/01/2012, 06:38 PMso how much was all that?
i paid around $160 including shipping from canada