nectarsis

Some nice upgrades/new flicks
/42eecb85.jpg

GOTTA love $50+ of free shirts
/6e53503b.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/04/2012, 02:08 PMI just called this guy: http://wausau.craigslist.org/ele/2998291545.html
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/04/2012, 02:19 AMYeah, all CRTs were Wegas at that time. The Grand Wegas are rear projectors. The model number is 34XBR960.
Turns out he still hasn't sold it, and he just wants someone to pick it up.  Might have to run out and snag it.  I'll post pics later.  :)

This might make for a good TV for one of our gamer gatherings yes?  There are also a couple other sales on cl for sony wega TVs.  What do you think Matti?
As long as the condition is fine I would take it. It's too big for MGC but would make VGS all the better. :) I really need to get one of these!

JapanTokei

I had a 27 incher a few years ago (sold it in 2005 before I moved to Tokyo) for $100.  The TVs were bricks in weight... i was able to lift the 27 on my own down the stairs, but can't imagine the 32 incher.  def need 2 people to help truck that thing! 

where are the gamer-get togethers?   if there is ever one when i'm back on a US-business trip I'm totally in!!

Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2012, 04:25 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/04/2012, 02:08 PMI just called this guy: http://wausau.craigslist.org/ele/2998291545.html
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/04/2012, 02:19 AMYeah, all CRTs were Wegas at that time. The Grand Wegas are rear projectors. The model number is 34XBR960.
Turns out he still hasn't sold it, and he just wants someone to pick it up.  Might have to run out and snag it.  I'll post pics later.  :)

This might make for a good TV for one of our gamer gatherings yes?  There are also a couple other sales on cl for sony wega TVs.  What do you think Matti?
As long as the condition is fine I would take it. It's too big for MGC but would make VGS all the better. :) I really need to get one of these!

JapanTokei

splurged a bit on titles that have been elusive for me.  Cost me $140 with all the shipping and yahoo auction payment fees... i will need to forcefully sell off some other dupes to help fund these purchases but thus far am happy with the grabs... esp wanting to give Rainbow islands a full-go play.

/600x450-2012052700010.jpg

/600x450-2012052700028.jpg

/600x450-2012052000011.jpg

Tatsujin

wow. 140 incl. is a steal for those 3 gems and in this conditions!! :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

thx Tats.  It's not exactly a steal, but it's def still in reasonable territory for me.  The Nexzr Summer93 got bid a bit higher then I wanted to  pay for but I still went for it.  I love the Nexzr game so I have been wanting to snatch this carnival version, but all complete copies with spine I saw avail on sale were for ridiculous prices like $100+ ...

I'm sure you prob nabbed these for like 300 yen each back in the days from HardOff .. right? :)

Opethian

tokei!! nice hauly!! there can never be too many Spriggans!
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/04/2012, 09:29 PMI'm sure you prob nabbed these for like 300 yen each back in the days from HardOff .. right? :) 
LOL, WRONG! :lol:

beside I never have seen even one of these in a HO ever before. And I think I had even payed about the same amount for those three together :oops:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

The only Turbo get-togethers I have been to recently have been in Milwaukee (MGC), and Chicagoland (VGS). Both are worth your time. :)

chany60126

Thanks for the good words Mathius. :)

jeffhlewis

Matti - I was in Goodwill in Kenosha, WI a couple days ago and there was a widescreen WEGA 1080i set for sale for like 20 bucks. Want me to grab it for you? I can bring it to VGS (assuming no one has bought it yet of course)

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/05/2012, 10:19 AM

Matti - I was in Goodwill in Kenosha, WI a couple days ago and there was a widescreen WEGA 1080i set for sale for like 20 bucks. Want me to grab it for you? I can bring it to VGS (assuming no one has bought it yet of course)
How big is it??? I will be in a pontiac, so space will be an issue. Thanks for the offer!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mathius on 06/05/2012, 11:49 AMHow big is it??? I will be in a pontiac, so space will be an issue. Thanks for the offer!
Strap the WEGA to the hood like a dead deer.  :twisted:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2012, 12:01 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/05/2012, 11:49 AMHow big is it??? I will be in a pontiac, so space will be an issue. Thanks for the offer!
Strap the WEGA to the hood like a dead deer.  :twisted:
:lol:

jeffhlewis

I believe it's this one here (30"): http://digg.com/newsbar/Technology/sony_kv_30hs420_30_inch_fd_trinitron_wega_hd_ready_widescreen_crt_tv_1

I'll check next time I'm there and let you know if I find it.

PunkCryborg

/img0116800x5334.jpg
lol just noticed the kids puzzle piece in the pic

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/05/2012, 02:04 PM
I believe it's this one here (30"): http://digg.com/newsbar/Technology/sony_kv_30hs420_30_inch_fd_trinitron_wega_hd_ready_widescreen_crt_tv_1

I'll check next time I'm there and let you know if I find it.
Okay cool!

PikachuWarrior

Close by to me. Maybe I'll check it out in Kenosha :)
IMG

roflmao

I finished up a major project yesterday so I thought I'd celebrate today by going to the local used stuff store to check out their game selection.  Of course there was no turbo, but I did find a few neat Genny carts:

Sol Deace
IMG
I'd never played this one before, but had heard good things about it.  It was $5 so thought I'd give it a shot.  I think I'm going to really like this one.  Pretty impressive graphics, and is very challenging.

Hellfire
IMG
I had this for the PC Engine bitd and would really like to get another copy.  It seems like this one is slowly creeping up in price (as all PCE shooties are) so when I saw this for $5, I figured it would at least keep me company until I bite the bullet and get the PCE version again.

Wonder Boy in Monster World
IMG
This is probably the closest I'll ever got to owning Dynastic Hero on the beloved Turbo. :)  There were numerous stickers on the label and I was able to get all of the stickers off but one.  I tried using some "Goof Off" to take the final one off, but it was pulling the paint off the label so hastily stopped. :(  It still looks better than it initially did, and for $5 I guess I shouldn't complain, but I do wish the label looks a little nicer.

Whip Rush
IMG
Another one I've never played before (and it's also made by Renovation, as Sol Deace is) but figured I'd give it a shot.  Initial impressions is it's not bad, but it didn't wow me from the get-go like Sol Deace did.

All in all, not a bad haul for $20, imo.  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

UBEROLFMAOLOL@ that US of A Monster World artwork :lol: just goes along with the worst TG16 arts.

roflmao

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/05/2012, 09:11 PMUBEROLFMAOLOL@ that US of A Monster World artwork :lol: just goes along with the worst TG16 arts.
Yeah, the artwork is pretty retarded. :)  I don't know what they were thinking.

turbokon

roflmao, I picked up Hellfire not to long ago also for the genesis but still went the pc-engine though.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2012, 09:44 PMI don't know what they were thinking.
Probably not thaaat much (just as so many other times) :lol: :)

The biggest part that buggs me all the time when seeing such works is the fact, that one guy actually even got paid for such a frowsy job.

NightWolve

Quote from: JapanTokei on 06/04/2012, 09:15 PMsplurged a bit on titles that have been elusive for me.  Cost me $140 with all the shipping and yahoo auction payment fees... i will need to forcifully sell off some other dups to help fund these purchases but thus far am happy with the grabs... esp wanting to give Rainbow islands a full-go play.

/600x450-2012052700028.jpg
I bought a used copy of "Summer Carnival '93 - Nexzr Special" in the 90's for maybe $15-$20, not sure. I know I bought Strider ACD for $25 bucks 'bout the same time thinking I'd one day get an Arcade Card, which was dumb cause I never did, but thanks to MagicEngine many many years later, I see that I was better off just playing it with MAME. ;)

Anyway, that Nexzr Special has some mighty fine music for a shooter, not like GOT, but pretty exceptional. Only complaint I recall that I had about it is that there aren't much power-ups, your weaponry is pretty basic.

BlueBMW

Nexzr is composed of 98% pure awesomesauce.  It might very well be my favorite shootie on the PCE.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2012, 08:45 PMSol Deace
IMG
I'd never played this one before, but had heard good things about it.  It was $5 so thought I'd give it a shot.  I think I'm going to really like this one.  Pretty impressive graphics, and is very challenging.
If you think that version is good you absolutely have to play the Sega CD version. The redbook on that game is sick nasty - great tunes. Plus it has the cinemas from the X68000 version. And REALLY BAD voice acting

jeffhlewis

I'm having a moral dilemma today - I just got my box of goodies from Yamatoku (my favorite eBay seller) in Japan - I bought a boxed Segagaga set PLUS a loose Segagaga day planner. I actually want to use the day planner in the office to plan and take notes at meetings. But part of me doesn't want to defile a piece of Sega history.

thoughts?

soop

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/06/2012, 11:31 AMI'm having a moral dilemma today - I just got my box of goodies from Yamatoku (my favorite eBay seller) in Japan - I bought a boxed Segagaga set PLUS a loose Segagaga day planner. I actually want to use the day planner in the office to plan and take notes at meetings. But part of me doesn't want to defile a piece of Sega history.

thoughts?
I'd say you need two.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Mathius

Quote from: soop on 06/06/2012, 11:41 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/06/2012, 11:31 AMI'm having a moral dilemma today - I just got my box of goodies from Yamatoku (my favorite eBay seller) in Japan - I bought a boxed Segagaga set PLUS a loose Segagaga day planner. I actually want to use the day planner in the office to plan and take notes at meetings. But part of me doesn't want to defile a piece of Sega history.

thoughts?
I'd say you need two.
Of course, using one at the office could very well make you cooler than Chuck Norris.

roflmao

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/06/2012, 11:29 AM
(image removed)
I'd never played this one before, but had heard good things about it.  It was $5 so thought I'd give it a shot.  I think I'm going to really like this one.  Pretty impressive graphics, and is very challenging.
If you think that version is good you absolutely have to play the Sega CD version. The redbook on that game is sick nasty - great tunes. Plus it has the cinemas from the X68000 version. And REALLY BAD voice acting
Cool!  I didn't know it was released for the Sega CD.  Alas, my setup is cartridge only.  At least for now.  I'd love to get a CD add-on one of these days.  And when I do, I'll keep my eye out for this one! :)

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2012, 01:45 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/06/2012, 11:29 AM
(image removed)
As a random aside the Japanese Mega CD version has additional in-game sound as well.

Cool!  I didn't know it was released for the Sega CD.  Alas, my setup is cartridge only.  At least for now.  I'd love to get a CD add-on one of these days.  And when I do, I'll keep my eye out for this one! :)

Opethian

Sol Feace was on Sega/mega CD
Deace was cart
IMG

xcrement5x

Sol Deace also kind of stupidly difficult to find CIB, so even if you don't have the manual you did really well for $5.  I really only play the CD version as well but that's because it's pretty abundant :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2012, 05:25 PMSol Deace also kind of stupidly difficult to find CIB, so even if you don't have the manual you did really well for $5.  I really only play the CD version as well but that's because it's pretty abundant :D
Yeah, there's no manual.  I'm not big on cases, it's only the third Genny game of mine to come with a case.  The rest of my Genny collection are loose carts.  And the case is pretty beat up, but I would have paid $5 for it loose 'cause it looked cool. 

I haven't been able to beat the second level boss yet.  He's tricky! :) I really like the weapon powerup system and how you can change your ship's shot pattern from focused to wide spray on the fly.

SNKNostalgia

Clamshell Genesis cases are teh awesome!!! Streets of Rage 2, Bloodlines and Hardcorps cases look great. Unfortunately those along with a dead E-Swat and Strider (US Gold sequel) are the only ones I have in the cases.

I ended up using a rare buy 2 get one free pre-owned coupon from Gamestop. So, I decided to use it. Then finding out the stores here close at 8pm now instead of 9pm as of a week ago and when I got there trying to get my moneys worth at $35-40 a game... I had to rush my 3rd game choice. I picked inFAMOUS 2 (which is free a week later for us PSN Plus members, lol damnit!!!). My second choice was FFXIII-2, which in someways is better than the first, but also dumbed down graphically and with just 2 main characters for the whole game. Then I picked Halo Reach due to being rushed since it was 8:17pm. I kinda picked it more so for the fact I was curious if Halo improved much and my barely casual gaming roomate tends to like the Halo games... it is all he really will play actually.

One thing I do like about this game generation, is how cheap games become after a few months now. $60 games dropping to $30 in 3 months, not too bad, lol. It is crazy how many good games just over a year old now are $20 or less typically.

roflmao

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 06/06/2012, 11:58 PMOne thing I do like about this game generation, is how cheap games become after a few months now. $60 games dropping to $30 in 3 months, not too bad, lol. It is crazy how many good games just over a year old now are $20 or less typically.
Agreed.  Games these days drop in price ridiculously fast.  Which may explain why I haven't played anything new lately. :)  I guess (most of the time) I'd rather spend my hard earned money on good $5 games from 20 years ago (that I missed out on bitd) than $30 games from last year.

Though I really want to get Skyrim for the PC.  That game looks awesome.

PunkCryborg

I got my dream sunglasses today. 1980s Cazal 951's. These are somewhat of a holy grail among gaudy 80s sunglass collectors.
IMG

I'm a big fan of the Egyptian Lover who wore these a lot in the 80s
IMG /img0119800x533.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 06/06/2012, 11:58 PMClamshell Genesis cases are teh awesome!!! Streets of Rage 2, Bloodlines and Hardcorps cases look great. Unfortunately those along with a dead E-Swat and Strider (US Gold sequel) are the only ones I have in the cases.

I ended up using a rare buy 2 get one free pre-owned coupon from Gamestop. So, I decided to use it. Then finding out the stores here close at 8pm now instead of 9pm as of a week ago and when I got there trying to get my moneys worth at $35-40 a game... I had to rush my 3rd game choice. I picked inFAMOUS 2 (which is free a week later for us PSN Plus members, lol damnit!!!). My second choice was FFXIII-2, which in someways is better than the first, but also dumbed down graphically and with just 2 main characters for the whole game. Then I picked Halo Reach due to being rushed since it was 8:17pm. I kinda picked it more so for the fact I was curious if Halo improved much and my barely casual gaming roomate tends to like the Halo games... it is all he really will play actually.

One thing I do like about this game generation, is how cheap games become after a few months now. $60 games dropping to $30 in 3 months, not too bad, lol. It is crazy how many good games just over a year old now are $20 or less typically.
I usually only try to collect genny games in there cases because i really like them.  As far as new games go. it is pretty awesome that they go cheap fast. i can buy the new splatterhouse and shadow of the damned on amazon new for like $10. which i am going to do soon.

Opethian

IMG
PUNKAHOLIC TELL EM WHAT I AM!

I completed the attainable set today
IMG

Samurai Ghost

So awesome! 3 and X are my top favs.

BlueBMW

Those are some BA shades.  I dont think I could pull em off, but they're sweet nonetheless.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

Lmao punki. Way money! Lol

ope! Nice haul dude! Too cool.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Opethian on 06/07/2012, 10:23 PMIMG

I seriously wish that I have bought both JP Metal Slug 1 and 2 homecarts back in 2000 when they were $700 and $400. I think those were the prices then. Not only are they even more expensive now, but there's the whole "near perfect counterfeits floating around" problem.

Also, I sold my US Metal Slug 2 for the Neo Geo CD to KPJ for $100 six years ago, when I was hurting for money. At least, I can play the cracked CD-R back-up I made on my CDZ, lol. I still have my OK condition US Metal Slug 1 NGCD I got from Big Bear in '98.

BTW: A lot of free games have been added to PSN Plus this week. I have just recently downloaded Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

TR0N

Yikes i bet those were pricey to buy sure there not like what the original go's for but up there in price.

Btw "ROCKET LAWN CHAIR!!!"
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

chany60126

100 Mega Chock! :shock:

Nice haul Ope!

majors

Finally came across a Raiden Fighters PCB:
/742-raiden_fighters.jpg

At local auction, ended up trading the Dynamo cab it came in to Dan at Lost Ark for a tri-sync CRT, saved me the trouble of hauling the POS home. $52 with the marquee. And hopefully I can install that CRT I traded into the Balst City cab...there is a Saturday gone!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Opethian

Raiden Fighters rocks! Judge Spear ftw!!
IMG

roflmao

Man, you guys have been picking up some awesome stuff lately!  Love those glasses, Punkic.  The way I lose sunglasses, though, I'd never treat myself to a pair that awesome.  ](*,)

NecroPhile

The bundle of Bazzy goodness from Tokei showed up yesterday.  8)

Before                                                                        After
/bazzy.jpg
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2012, 11:04 AMThe bundle of Bazzy goodness from Tokei showed up yesterday.  8)

Before                                                                        After
/bazzy.jpg
Aw yeah, unwrap that baby. Free it from the plastic chains of oppression!
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.