The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

I'm officially lost.  :-k  Pretend I never asked.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sparky

turbokon

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/02/2012, 04:56 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/01/2012, 10:45 PMPicked up a few nicer items this week from an in person trading of goods...
/epichauly.jpg
Damn nice LT and nice Tatsujin!! IF2 ain't shabby either!
Here is a LT, only the crown jewel of pc-engine hardwares that I will never get to hold in my hands:(
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

Thank you turbokon!

@everyone else - please carry on.   8)

Sparky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/12/2012, 11:22 PMThank you turbokon!

@everyone else - please carry on.   8)
Dude just pulling your chain... Got caught up in the picture post... Huggles

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2012, 11:27 PMDude just pulling your chain... Got caught up in the picture post... Huggles
I don't mind being the punching bag.  I honestly had no clue though.   :lol:

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbokon on 06/12/2012, 10:52 PMHere is a LT, only the crown jewel of pc-engine hardwares that I will never get to hold in my hands:(
I'd be happy to send it to you for a while, you could cap swap it for me since I'm too busy / lazy to do it myself hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

I think I was the punching bag:)

Really?!? Stop teasing me BMW!!

www.tg16pcemods.com

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbokon on 06/13/2012, 12:40 AMI think I was the punching bag:)

If you're truly curious, you're welcome to mess with it for a bit.  (I was joking about the cap swap, its kind of a pain and I'll do it myself eventually here)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Lilgrafx

Bernie

Trust me, he is NOT teasing.  I have one of his consoles sitting here with me as well.

turbokon

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/13/2012, 12:43 AM

If you're truly curious, you're welcome to mess with it for a bit.  (I was joking about the cap swap, its kind of a pain and I'll do it myself eventually here)
Alright BMW, I'll take up on your offer:)  I'll gladly do cap swap for you as a token of my appreciation.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Terminarcade

Random stuff I picked up for the last fews weeks. :D

IMG
IMG

PikachuWarrior

magna carta 2 was a good game! finished it back in March!
IMG

Bernie

Some nice stuff for the 360 Termin!

Terminarcade

Thanks! :D I do love some Akai Katana.

FiftyQuid

I picked up Sorcery at Toys R Us two weeks ago.  They were running a promo up here (Canada)... Sorcery for $39.99 and they threw in a free Nav. Controller.  I still haven't opened either of them.  TG-16 has been keeping me busy.   :D

Terminarcade

Sorcery is a pretty good game for the move, even tho everyone like to bash the ''move'' this game works really well with it.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Terminarcade on 06/13/2012, 07:17 PMSorcery is a pretty good game for the move, even tho everyone like to bash the ''move'' this game works really well with it.
Exactly the reason I picked it up.  I've been waiting for it to be released since two E3's ago.  The Nav. Controller deal put it over the top.  :)

I bought this today.  It's my first real 'score' as a game hunter.  I've been visiting pawn shops, and second hand stores for a few months now.  I've seen NES, SNES, SMS, but never any TG-16 and usually the games I do find are always sports games.  The second hand store around the corner from me recently had a pile of Atari2600 carts donated, but they slapped $10 price tags on all of them.  Asteroids for $10?  I don't think I paid that back in the 80's.  #-o Anyway, I had never heard of this game, but it was Sega CD, had a MA-13 label on it, and it was in great condition.  Cost me $4.  Hopefully I'll be able to trade it for something NEC related.

/dscn6859t.jpg

Mathius

That's a great deal for Heart of the Alien. Enjoy!

Sparky

Quote from: Mathius on 06/14/2012, 12:14 AMThat's a great deal for Heart of the Alien. Enjoy!
Yes it is... I Remember playing Out of this World on my buddy's Amiga back in the day.
Fun games

termis

Out of this World is a great game.  I've never played Part II... As a matter of fact, I didn't even know there was a part II till now.  (Looking it up on Youtube...  An exclusive for the Sega CD - Interesting.)

I'd say that's a keeper even if you don't have a Sega CD (Use an emulator to play, I guess...)

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 06/14/2012, 07:03 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/14/2012, 12:14 AMThat's a great deal for Heart of the Alien. Enjoy!
Yes it is... I Remember playing Out of this World on my buddy's Amiga back in the day.
Fun games
Is that the game with the farting aliens or was that odd world?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SuperDeadite

XSimmVI RAM board for my X68000 XVI.  Nice little board that lets me use standard RAM sims to have 8mbs internal without wasting an IO slot space.  :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/14/2012, 10:12 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/14/2012, 07:03 AM
Fun games
Is that the game with the farting aliens or was that odd world?
That was Odd World.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

roflmao

turbokon

Yeah, looks like some cool flicks there.

www.tg16pcemods.com

PCEngineHell

Contrary to popular belief, I play more then just fps.

/Picture146.jpg
/Picture89.jpg

nectarsis

How is Juiced...always curious about that one?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PCEngineHell

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/14/2012, 09:31 PMHow is Juiced...always curious about that one?
Not really sure, have not tried it on PC yet. Had it on Xbox but didn't play it really other then a couple of races, and gave it to my son. Supposedly its a fun game if you stick with it, but who knows really.

FiftyQuid

Wow!  All I see are .99 cent price tags.  8)  Holy shit!  Return To Zork!  Thanks for the blast to the past.   :D

roflmao

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/14/2012, 09:29 PMContrary to popular belief, I play more then just fps.
Wowsers.  Freelancer is one of my favorite PC games.  It's always installed.

Mathius

Ah the original Mario Bros. One of my all time favorite arcade games.

BlueBMW

Yeah Freelancer is excellent... not quite Wing Commander Privateer 2, but close :wink:  Just wish it could use a joystick and not just the mouse :(

Also, Star Trek Armada II, isnt that a fairly rare and pricey PC game?

kakutolives

/m8d01f.jpg

bought this and installed it yesterday
more like the case not the 360 itself (ive owned the 360 for 9 months)
the flash makes it look orange-ish. its actually ruby red/metallic.
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Starfighter

That's actually pretty nice. I have been very restricted with my preferences when it comes to consoles (black, white or gray) but this one I liked. :)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/15/2012, 12:24 AMAlso, Star Trek Armada II, isnt that a fairly rare and pricey PC game?
I had no idea until you said that, then I looked it up and yeah, pricey and rare, even if not complete.

jeffhlewis

Gain Ground on Genesis - used to play that one a ton back in the day. Gets insanely hard at the end.

Lilgrafx

Nice pick up professor, is that a wild guns I see

chany60126

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/15/2012, 10:12 AMNice pick up professor, is that a wild guns I see
Wild Guns is one of my favorite SNES games. :D But the game Professor got is Sunset Riders.

PCEngineHell

Yeah Sunset Riders, was a couple bucks.

Mishran

Witchaven 2 can also be seen in PP's stash. I'm a big fan of all of Capstone's FPS games, but Corridor 7 and Witchaven 2 are my favorites. I think I've played C7 more than any other FPS in the past. Very unappreciated classic, IMO...

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Mishran on 06/15/2012, 10:57 AMWitchaven 2 can also be seen in PP's stash. I'm a big fan of all of Capstone's FPS games, but Corridor 7 and Witchaven 2 are my favorites. I think I've played C7 more than any other FPS in the past. Very unappreciated classic, IMO...
I have Corridor 7 also lol.

PikachuWarrior

Just preordered "The Last Story" for the wii. total cost was $1.51 after amazon gift cards (using swagbucks). Can't beat free!
IMG

Lilgrafx

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/15/2012, 10:54 AMYeah Sunset Riders, was a couple bucks.
Nice that's a great game

TR0N

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/15/2012, 11:25 AMJust preordered "The Last Story" for the wii. total cost was $1.51 after amazon gift cards (using swagbucks). Can't beat free!
That's a game i'm waiting for i just hope it makes the release date.Frist it was supose to be june then july now it's augest shesh  ](*,)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turbokon

Found another super nes setup with about 6 or 7 games for 25 bucks from a garage sale yesterday. How come I never find any turbografx stuff:(

www.tg16pcemods.com

CPTRAVE

Exactly, why not Turbografx 16 games "Where are you TG16"  time to keep searching nut where :-k

Lilgrafx

Bought Shockman with manual for $40, I know that's not the best price but I really wanted it.