10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deletion

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/09/2012, 10:33 PM/2c2dff2f.jpg
A road trip through South Dakota sounds like fun. I want to visit Wall Drug some day.

TheClash603

I went to Wall Drug when it was supposed to be opened, and it closed early for no reason one day.  Fuck that place.

munchiaz

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/09/2012, 07:14 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/09/2012, 03:33 PMgot this in the mail today

IMG
I find that the game improves considerably if you change a lot of the in-game options.. sold it on ebay many moons ago
happen to remember how to change those options ?

Digi.k

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/10/2012, 02:05 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 08/09/2012, 07:14 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/09/2012, 03:33 PMgot this in the mail today

IMG
I find that the game improves considerably if you change a lot of the in-game options.. sold it on ebay many moons ago
happen to remember how to change those options ?
haha nope..

liquitek

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/09/2012, 10:33 PM/bcc52f18.jpg
No trip to Mitchell SD is complete without a trip to the http://www.cornpalace.org/:lol: Did you make it?
I went when I was a kid and used my allowance to buy an wooden pistol that shot elastic bands.
I shot my brother in the face with the first elastic and that was the end of that toy.
At least I bought Batman for Gameboy from Walgreens on that trip, it was probably a better choice.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Deletion

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/09/2012, 11:56 PMI went to Wall Drug when it was supposed to be opened, and it closed early for no reason one day.  Fuck that place.
Note to self: Do not invite Clash to next year's pcengine-fx.com forum meetup in South Dakota.

meka

Got a copy of Terranigma from the Salvation Army in the VHS section. All those times looking through crappy movies finally paid off.
IMG_0403.JPG

munchiaz

^thats awesome man. Isn't the PAL version really rare

meka

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/10/2012, 05:32 PM^thats awesome man. Isn't the PAL version really rare
I think it's somewhat uncommon, I think it's a bit like Earthbound, a lot of people want the game.

blueraven

Mishran

Ninja Combat MVS cart

Game is so bad, its good!

8bitForLife

Quote from: meka on 08/10/2012, 04:04 PMGot a copy of Terranigma from the Salvation Army in the VHS section. All those times looking through crappy movies finally paid off.
lucky turd  been trying to find one that isn't German language and not overly priced.

Anyways i got
Lot of 14 Super Nintendo SNES Hard Plastic Dust Sleeve
Final Fantasy Adventure Gameboy
Final Fantasy Legend Gameboy
Cyber Core (TurboGrafx-16, 1990)
Psychosis (TurboGrafx-16, 1990)   
Illusion of Gaia Super Nintendo
Super Mario Kart Super Nintendo
Final Fantasy III Super Nintendo
Rival Turf Super Nintendo
Brawl Brothers Super Nintendo
Phalanx Super Nintendo
Super Mario World Super Nintendo
SIMA ULTIMATE ADAPTER PACKAGE psu For my cdx so cd reading works as i couldnt find a real psu
100 cd jewel case plasic sleeves
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

8bitForLife

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/09/2012, 10:33 PMSome goodies from the road trip, and while I was gone

/bcc52f18.jpg
awesome just saw this dont know if its related to The Last Starfighter but it makes me remember that film which is top 10 for me.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

Mathius

I thought it was referencing The Last Starfighter also. I watched that movie almost every day while I was on summer vacation bitd. :)

8bitForLife

i got the anniversary edition on blu-ray

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 08/11/2012, 12:11 AMI thought it was referencing The Last Starfighter also. I watched that movie almost every day while I was on summer vacation bitd. :)
I haven't seen that since I was a kid, but I loved that film :pcgs:.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 08/11/2012, 01:07 AMI haven't seen that since I was a kid, but I loved that film :pcgs:.
Me too. Now I really want to watch it again!

blueraven

I was just given loosie copies of Ys book 1 & 2, Buster Brothers, and The Addams Family from a friend who found them in a box!!!!

tpivette

Quote from: blueraven on 08/11/2012, 05:57 PMI was just given loosie copies of Ys book 1 & 2, Buster Brothers, and The Addams Family from a friend who found them in a box!!!! 
Thats pretty sweet. Good friend you have there!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

bob

FiftyQuid

Hold the phone!  Blaster Master 2?  Is that similar to the Wii remake?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/11/2012, 09:44 PMHold the phone!  Blaster Master 2?  Is that similar to the Wii remake?
Don't get too excited. It's not very good :(

bob

I paid 20 for the lot. I had never seen it before either.
I assumed BM2 would be bad since the back of the box doesnt have any screenshots

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 08/11/2012, 10:01 PMI paid 20 for the lot. I had never seen it before either.
I assumed BM2 would be bad since the back of the box doesnt have any screenshots
Not bad at all!  My son and I were playing a Ms Pacman arcade unit at a local restaurant last night.  I've never played the Genesis version, but I've been tempted to pick it up a couple of times.

And Guardian Legend is the bees knees.

I don't know anything about the other games.

Mathius

The Genny Ms. Pacman has an annoying screen scroll when you move the Ms. around. Kinda takes away from the experience.

PunkCryborg

heavy nova is pure shit, they should have paid you to take it from them. Gaurdian Legend is sweet though so it makes up for it

Mishran

Got Return to Zork for the PC-FX in the mail today. Love me some Zork! Also purchased Cyber Lip and King of Fighters '96 MVS carts from a not so local game store. Cyber Lip is a great game and I never met a really good KOF game.

munchiaz

Picked up the lil sega and the ps1 thingy (for imports) at goodwill today. i also found an ikea chair that usually for $80 with the foot stool for $10.  

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79825225/
IMG
IMG
IMG

Trevpwnsnoobs

got some goods at the fleamarket today :D

image.jpg
(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

chany60126

Nice haul there Trev. Is that a Mega Man X3 cart I see there?? That one is pretty hard to find and $$. :)

Trevpwnsnoobs

(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 08/11/2012, 09:59 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/11/2012, 09:44 PMHold the phone!  Blaster Master 2?  Is that similar to the Wii remake?
If you play the PSX version, you will begin to appreciate the Genesis part 2 a little more.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/12/2012, 12:06 AMPicked up the lil sega and the ps1 thingy (for imports) at goodwill today. i also found an ikea chair that usually for $80 with the foot stool for $10. 
Nice haul dude, I love Opoona!

BlueBMW

Got in a huge haul of crappy x68000s.  But no one cares about such nonsense :P

/CompactsEverywhere.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Lilgrafx

My friend got me munchkin for my Birthday, we played it for like 4 hours, felt like such a nerd.

JapanTokei

dude Beams - can't imagine how much stash you have built up now - do you have an infinite amount of garage space??  lol..  :)

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2012, 01:49 PMGot in a huge haul of crappy x68000s.  But no one cares about such nonsense :P

IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/12/2012, 03:36 PMdude Beams - can't imagine how much stash you have built up now - do you have an infinite amount of garage space??  lol..  :)
I've been out of space for a long long time :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Ji-L87

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2012, 01:49 PMGot in a huge haul of crappy x68000s.  But no one cares about such nonsense :P

IMG
IMG

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2012, 03:42 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/12/2012, 03:36 PMdude Beams - can't imagine how much stash you have built up now - do you have an infinite amount of garage space??  lol..  :)
I've been out of space for a long long time :P
You clearly need to get yourself a personal Hammerspace™
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Nando

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/12/2012, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/11/2012, 09:59 PM
If you play the PSX version, you will begin to appreciate the Genesis part 2 a little more.
I have the PSX Master Blaster! I was warned about it and still, after all these years, I am cringing from the thought of playing it again.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/12/2012, 01:49 PMGot in a huge haul of crappy x68000s.  But no one cares about such nonsense :P

IMG
Another shipment like this and you'll be able to build a nice garden shed out of them. :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PCEngineHell

I care about the X68000 stuff, as I find it very interesting, but the price of it all just turns me away. I just feel like there is a lot better things I could do with my money then spend 300 bucks on trying to get one set up, plus I don't see the diskettes lasting more then the next 10-20 years.

BlueBMW

Compact flash drives seem to be the best option for x68000 longevity.

PCEngineHell

Have they got compact flash drive support going for X68000 now? If so then that is cool. I'd love to have a set up with a ton of the arcade and action titles on it without worrying that my collection of diskette games is rotting on my shelf and soon to be dead.

BlueBMW

The CF setups arent cheap (a nice internal scsi to CF adapter is about $150)

SuperDeadite has some videos of his CF setup running multiple partions.  Find his youtube page and check it out!

Samurai Ghost

Damn, build a house out of x68ks!

I picked up some more SMS stuff. SMS 4 lief!!!
Outrun 3D in particular is one I've been wanting to get for a long while.

IMG

SuperDeadite

Went to Kyoto and found some nice stuff, including FM Towns Hishousame (Flying Shark) which is amazing, cause Kyoto usually has jack-shit.  The LP is "Suite Gradius Fantasia."  It's a full orchestral arrangement of music from Gradius 1, 2, and 2 MSX.  I don't really collect vinyl, but for $8 why not?  Sounds awesome by the way.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite