OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

The Turbo Grafx version of moving to a different apartment.

tpivette

I have many fond memories playing Neutopia when I was a kid... I just cant seem to find it for less than $30 shipped. Guess I may have to just accept it and get the damn thing. I remember it to be a freaking awesome game! Better than Zelda and for the TG-16! Its the ONLY game I had as a kid and cant seem to aquire today!

I always wanted DE2... after all the reviews and accolades on this board, I MUST have this game! However, it almost never comes up for sale/trade on here... and on ebay....  #-o
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Kaijuboy

Quote from: blueraven on 08/10/2012, 05:51 PMThe Turbo Grafx version of moving to a different apartment.
I've played that several times, although I feel its replay factor gets kind of old after a few times.

meka

Just started Paranoia, didn't expect the fuck you after I beat the first level.

Kaijuboy

Quote from: meka on 08/12/2012, 11:06 PMJust started Paranoia, didn't expect the fuck you after I beat the first level.
And before game rating were put into place!  Had the TG been more popular could you imagine the outcry!

Download also has cursing in it as well.

esteban

Quote from: Kaijuboy on 08/13/2012, 02:34 AM
Quote from: meka on 08/12/2012, 11:06 PMJust started Paranoia, didn't expect the fuck you after I beat the first level.
And before game rating were put into place!  Had the TG been more popular could you imagine the outcry!

Download also has cursing in it as well.
What do you guys expect from a game where "the Devil Ugar slowly takes over your soul"?

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFlutterPie

I have been playing JJ & J.  It is pretty decent so far as long as you don't use the sunglasses guy as he is too slippery.  The music is really good as well.  I can't believe how catch and fun the music is.

meka

What do you guys expect from a game where "the Devil Ugar slowly takes over your soul"?

:pcgs:[/quote]
I read the article on Paranoia, looks like I'll be playing this one for a while as you have to go through it twice like Ghouls'n Ghosts.

esteban

Quote from: meka on 08/13/2012, 04:59 PM
QuoteWhat do you guys expect from a game where "the Devil Ugar slowly takes over your soul"?

:pcgs:
I read the article on Paranoia, looks like I'll be playing this one for a while as you have to go through it twice like Ghouls'n Ghosts.
That's the Devil Ugar for you. :pcgs:.

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/13/2012, 12:25 PMI have been playing JJ & J.  It is pretty decent so far as long as you don't use the sunglasses guy as he is too slippery.  The music is really good as well.  I can't believe how catch and fun the music is.
The original(?) composer of JJ & Jeff did a special show (3 songs) for friends a few years ago. It was on YouTube and we linked to the video.

UPDATE: I found the old thread!

JJ & Jeff, alive and well 2010 C.E.
(I highly recommend the excellent material contained therein)

For fans of the soundtrack, there's a link for: Takeaki Kunimoto (JJ & Jeff composer) LIVE 04/04/2009 (the thread has several more videos linked!)

Sadler

:D It's been far too long since I've seen this screen:

IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: esteban on 08/14/2012, 07:19 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/13/2012, 12:25 PMI have been playing JJ & J.  It is pretty decent so far as long as you don't use the sunglasses guy as he is too slippery.  The music is really good as well.  I can't believe how catch and fun the music is.
The original(?) composer of JJ & Jeff did a special show (3 songs) for friends a few years ago. It was on YouTube and we linked to the video.

For fans of the soundtrack, there's a link for: Takeaki Kunimoto (JJ & Jeff composer) LIVE 04/04/2009 (the thread has several more videos linked
Sweet thanks for the link!!

liquitek

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/14/2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/14/2012, 07:19 AM

For fans of the soundtrack, there's a link for: Takeaki Kunimoto (JJ & Jeff composer) LIVE 04/04/2009 (the thread has several more videos linked
Sweet thanks for the link!!
Bets thing I have seen today!  Thanks!

jlued686

Played quite a bit of Tiger Road the other day. Really fun, but kinda frustrating game. I'm not a big fan of the weapons, as some of them don't seem very effective, and there seem to be quite a few cheap shots from the enemies. For example, there's a level early on with a moving platform that's just off screen. When you jump to it - BAM! - the screen scrolls and an enemy hits you.

I don't know that I'd have the patience to try to finish this one.

esadajr

Cotton. having a hard time on stage 4, but nothing practice won't remedy
Gaming since 1985

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Sadler on 08/14/2012, 09:05 PM:D It's been far too long since I've seen this screen:
Nice! Love bon's revenge

MrFlutterPie

Just got a copy of Neutopia today so I have been playing that :)

It has some great music in it but nothing will top the overworld/heroic theme of the original Legend of Zelda

Bardoly

Just played some Sidearms and some Yo! Bro last night.

jperryss

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/17/2012, 01:35 PMJust got a copy of Neutopia today so I have been playing that :)
It has some great music in it but nothing will top the overworld/heroic theme of the original Legend of Zelda
I'm sure it's partially due to the fact that I never played Neutopia as a kid, unlike Zelda, but to me it feels like a mediocre clone.

Be it the music, graphics, play control, or just the overall fun factor...Zelda just does everything a bit better.

Especially collision detection.

hoobs88

Quote from: Sadler on 08/14/2012, 09:05 PM:D It's been far too long since I've seen this screen:

IMG
Sweet Lords of Thunder poster! Nice shelving display too!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Obfuscate

Since Spida1 Super Star Soldier review been playing that hoping to beat that mofo. Keep dying at the last boss. Soon he will be mine!

8bitForLife

Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

blueraven

roflmao

Quote from: blueraven on 08/17/2012, 07:27 PMCalifornia Moving
I've played that one a few times.

You have my sympathies.

I've been playing Blazing Lazers some lately.  Such an awesome game.  Since my t-shirt concept thread, I *always* see the duck. :)

munchiaz

Played some Cotton tonight. Got to the Serpent boss and died. Game is pretty hard. I wish the hitbox of the characters wasnt so big

SuperPlay

Had a go at Valis 2 tonight, for some reason it took me 2 hours to clear stage 4 .... May go for the clear tomorrow.

JoshTurboTrollX

quality family time with Bomberman 94 and Dungeon Explorer II!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

tpivette

Gonna drink some vodka and play some Ys Book 1 & 2 tonight! Going into Solomon Tower...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

CPTRAVE

Just passed Legendary Axe for the second time 8)

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/18/2012, 05:00 PMquality family time with Bomberman 94 and Dungeon Explorer II!!
Awesome!

I got Jackie Chan in the mail. Holy crap, that is a hidden gem of the console. Amazingly fun gameplay.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Mishran

Been neglecting my turbo lately for my PC-FX. Gonna have to break out Bonk or Keith Courage so it doesn't feel forgotten.

esteban

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 08/18/2012, 08:06 PMJust passed Legendary Axe for the second time 8)
I love fighting the last boss, Jagu. I love typing the name of the boss ("Jagu"). Lots of fun :pcds:.

reno5

Playing Neutopia, Exile and Last Armageddon.

DragonmasterDan

I spent a good portion of yesterday playing JJ and Jeff.
--DragonmasterDan

turboswimbz

Spent most of yesterday with boxy boy . . . forgot how hard 249 was ... so close to the end.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

wilykat

sauce55

Just bought ShockMan today for the TG16 from my local game store for only 19.99 great price for a fun game :)

KnightWarrior

Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition with the 2 button Turbo Pad

majors

After enduring Balistix and Super Volleyball, I had to play something decent...so a few plays of Dragon Spirit ended the night.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

reno5

Neutopia finishing 5th dungeon... Love that game.

esteban

Quote from: majors on 08/22/2012, 08:25 AMAfter enduring Balistix and Super Volleyball, I had to play something decent...so a few plays of Dragon Spirit ended the night.
You did it! Ballistix. I have not had the courage to stoop that low yet.

I played some Spin Pair, myself.

turboswimbz

bought a bunch of games in a lot yesterday.  first up TV hockey ... wtf? next Battle Royal .... umm okay i kinda get it.  let's try Balistix futuristic, sports game, alien claw .........Oh man wtf again.  ALien Crush .. oh thank god it works like it's suppose to.  Dead moon ... OMG A REAL GAME!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

420GOAT

bonks adventure and legendary axe....classic.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Bardoly

Thanks to Keranu, I'm playing me some Mysterious Song tonight!

Kaijuboy

Parasol Stars. I just love all the Bubble (and Puzzle) Bobble games.  :)

majors

Quote from: esteban on 08/22/2012, 12:19 PMYou did it! Ballistix.
Buddy came over last week and we even did some 2p Ballistix action. It might be marginally better when both players have no idea whats going on. I did get to drop the term "ball management" on him, there was some laughs ("uh, huh...you said ball" -Butt-head)
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

Quote from: majors on 08/28/2012, 11:48 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/22/2012, 12:19 PMYou did it! Ballistix.
Buddy came over last week and we even did some 2p Ballistix action. It might be marginally better when both players have no idea whats going on. I did get to drop the term "ball management" on him, there was some laughs ("uh, huh...you said ball" -Butt-head)
You had me at "2-player Ballistix action".

And you're absolutely correct: when playing the game you ask yourself, "Is this what I am supposed to be doing? Is this really all there is to this game? Surely, there must be more..."

I don't think I've ever been cruel (sadistic) enough to ask someone to play Ballistix with me, but I think it might be the nicest thing we can say in a review: "Best experienced with a friend!"

KnightWarrior

I played Bonk's Adventure last night and I got up to Round 3 Boss

roflmao

Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo showed up at my doorstep today.  There was much rejoicing.

Then there was much swearing at the game when I died over and over.

And over.

And I loved every moment of it.

hoobs88

New Adventure Island...and just beat it!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!