@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Any good mech games on the PCE?

Started by VenomMacbeth, 09/28/2012, 09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

I know about Sidearms, but I'm talking more along the lines of side-scrolling platformers, rather than space shooters.  I've heard of Veigues Tactical Gladiator, too, but I've also heard that that game sucks.  Any others?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Arkhan Asylum

Eternal City is my favorite.

It's kind of a strange one though.

It's a bit adventurey, less actiony, but it is pretty fun. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ji-L87

Eternal City is strangely interesting. It doesn't look too hot, but I still want to try it.

Other Mech games....from the top of my head, Blood Gear?

It's a curious side scrolling RPG...thing...that's pretty interesting. Except I got stuck and haven't touched it in a while :P
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

CrackTiger

I won't won't comment on the quality of each game or go into depth about how much they fit your desired mold, but here are some games based around mechs that you could checkout on youtube before deciding to try them out:

Mad Stalker -sidescrolling action
Kiaiaden 00 -horizontal shooter in Mazinger style
Blood Gear -not-so-linear Zelda II style mecha game
Vasteel -non-war-sim-fan-friendly war sim with real time action mech battles
Vasteel 2 -no more action
Macross 2036 -horizontal shooter
Macross Eternal Love -war sim
Hyper Wars -sim
Heavy Unit -horizontal shootet
Spriggin -vertical shooter
Spriggin Mk2 -very mecha horizontal shooter
Granzort -SuperGrafx platformer
Keith Courage -action platformer
Lady Phantom -war sim
Star Parodier -vertical shooter with a PCE mech
Cyber Knight -RPG
Fighting Run -battle racer
Final Zone II -Mercs stlye
Gai Frame -war sim
Genocide -action side scroller
Metal Stoker -overhead shooter in mecha setting
Mystic Formula -Mercs style with mechs and fantasy
Out Live -first person

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Also, Veigues doesn't suck.

You could try something like GENOCIDE OR BROWNING

but they kinda blow manparts

You could try Turrican too, I guess.

He's a robot.

but, Turrican is complete shit.

I'd say go with Eternal City or Blood Gear.

Blood Gear has some RPG elements to it, so if you aren't looking for that, Eternal City, definitely.

I really like Eternal City.   It's one of the first Japanese PCE games I ever played, and it was based completely off of the name, since I just picked it from the list o' roms at random.

It was probably the best random selection I ever made.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Assault siut valken should have been released on the pce. Probably my fav
mech game. Would have fitted just perfectly on the pce.
Best physics ever.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Turrican is no robot per se, it's a dude in a siut. Those who have played the famous part II would have known.
But yeah, his siut still is kind of a mech, so it would qualify as such a game i guess.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/28/2012, 10:38 AMAssault siut valken should have been released on the pce. Probably my fav
mech game. Would have fitted just perfectly on the pce.
Best physics ever.
Blood Gear seems like the closest thing. The controls may be clunkier, but it has the same kind of gear options and look and feel of a battlefied.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/28/2012, 10:42 AMTurrican is no robot per se, it's a douche in a siut. Those who have played the famous part II would have known.
But yeah, his siut still is kind of a mech, so it would qualify as such a game i guess.
The only thing I did with Turrican 2 was load it up and listen to the title music on the C64.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2012, 10:56 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/28/2012, 10:42 AMTurrican is no robot per se, it's a douche in a siut. Those who have played the famous part II would have known.
The only thing I did with Turrican 2 was load it up and listen to the title music on the C64.
beside the fact that i played it, i did that too.
But it was so much more awesome on the amiga, even the cevi had great musics.

Nando

Add my vote for Eternal City. Fun game with TONS of enemies coming at you all the time.  The main character animation is slick and it has a little bit of a metroidvania feel to it, plus some Shirow inspired art, never a bad thing in my book.

This is the first boss, he just stands there shooting three pellets at you and it's the most annoying fuck ever!
IMG

https://catalog.pcengine-fx.com/#hu1170
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Eternal City also has some really perky music.  It's a strange game to get started with, but once you get going (First boss), It quickly becomes the coolest shit ever.

TurboXray

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/28/2012, 09:51 AMI know about Sidearms, but I'm talking more along the lines of side-scrolling platformers, rather than space shooters.  I've heard of Veigues Tactical Gladiator, too, but I've also heard that that game sucks.  Any others?
I remember one magazine stating that the mech controls like "a drunken ice-skating robot". Which, IMO, sums up the game completely. I had this game new BITD. I wanted to like it.. I really did (I gave it a lot of chances). It a lot going for it (scrolls, decent graphics, decent music, you are a mech!, etc). In the end it's just frustrating because the control and design is just... shit/broken. If you can can get over that aspect of the game, then you'll sure to like it.

Bernie

Quote from: TurboXray on 09/28/2012, 12:38 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/28/2012, 09:51 AMI know about Sidearms, but I'm talking more along the lines of side-scrolling platformers, rather than space shooters.  I've heard of Veigues Tactical Gladiator, too, but I've also heard that that game sucks.  Any others?
I remember one magazine stating that the mech controls like "a drunken ice-skating robot". Which, IMO, sums up the game completely. I had this game new BITD. I wanted to like it.. I really did (I gave it a lot of chances). It a lot going for it (scrolls, decent graphics, decent music, you are a mech!, etc). In the end it's just frustrating because the control and design is just... shit/broken. If you can can get over that aspect of the game, then you'll sure to like it.
Exactly my thoughts.  The concept of the game is great, the graphics are nice, everything about the game is good....except the control.  That kills it for me.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 09/28/2012, 04:39 PMExactly my thoughts.  The concept of the game is great, the graphics are nice, everything about the game is good....except the control.  That kills it for me.
Try playing it drunk - then it'll feel juuuuust right.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

In defense of Browning, it has a great intro.  The problem is that it gets you so worked up and excited to play that when the horribly clunky controls hit you are utterly dissappointed.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Ji-L87

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/28/2012, 07:18 PMIn defense of Browning, it has a great intro.  The problem is that it gets you so worked up and excited to play that when the horribly clunky controls hit you are utterly dissappointed.
The controls are only part of the problem. The other major flaw is that the game only operates on a single plane and the enemies are coming at you as if they had been waiting in a long queue for their turn :lol:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 09/28/2012, 04:39 PM
Quote from: TurboXray on 09/28/2012, 12:38 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/28/2012, 09:51 AMI know about Sidearms, but I'm talking more along the lines of side-scrolling platformers, rather than space shooters.  I've heard of Veigues Tactical Gladiator, too, but I've also heard that that game sucks.  Any others?
Exactly my thoughts.  The concept of the game is great, the graphics are nice, everything about the game is good....except the control.  That kills it for me.
In Defense of Veigues Tactical Gladiator (a semi-yearly rant from esteban)

Comrades, you haven't given the game a chance to shine in its special little way. THE CONTROLS ARE FINE when you accept the fact that you are supposed to power-up different weapons strategically to overpower your enemies. THIS IS NOT A PLATFORMING GAME THAT REQUIRES PRECISION JUMPS AND ACROBATICS. You're supposed to be a sluggish mech (weighed down by the ridiculous amount of armor and firepower at your disposal) WHO UNLEASHES A DELUGE OF  BULLETS, CHEST PELLETS and DYNO-PUNCHES at the onslaught of enemies. In fact, THIS IS ONE OF THE NICE THINGS ABOUT VEIGUES: you often feel like swarms of enemies will distract you and one little bastard projectile (or opponent) will slip through and get you.

I LOVE THAT YOU SLOWLY GET DAMAGED and lose different abilities/weapons. It's wonderful challenge to see how long you can survive before overheating. OF COURSE VEIGUES IS TOO EASY FOR ME NOW, but I remember what it was like. These days, I allow myself to get damaged, just to see if I have survival skills.

FLYING (hovering, actually) SHOULD ALWAYS BE SLUGGISH (haven't you seen the rocket/hydro jet packs folks have devised? Veigues was never going to be a graceful sparrow darting through the heavens, Veigues is a GODDAMN GLADIATOR that, at best, can be described as a CLUMSY, ARMORED GARBAGE CAN that hovers far longer than you would expect it too and is far more graceful than you would expect it to be. IT IS FUN AS HELL TO FLY/HOVER (some games are too generous with flying and it loses its novelty. Other games are too stingy with hovering abilities and are frustrating for players, like me, who want to TASTE THE HEAVENS). Veigues, in other words, is the best balance. The novelty doesn't wear off, it's always a treat to utilize VERNIER. That said, Veigues is, admittedly, not unlike a mecha-turkey who hovers with the best of the gobble-gobblers.

Early in the game, foolish players fail to recognize the amazing versatility of the CHEST-PELLETS. I love spraying my pellets up, down and all-around. CHEST CANNONS ROCK! You aren't playing a TRUE MECH UNLESS YOU HAVE A CHEST CANNON LIKE VEIGUES. Other games might have boring, imprecise missiles or lazers that launch from the chest. HOW BANAL. Veigues has goddamn PELLETS fearlessly unleashed from a chest cannon. 

In tight quarters, later in the game, you gotta have your DYNO-PUNCH powered up to the max. AGAIN, AMNY GAME THAT LACKS SOLID PUNCHING IS NOT A TRUE MECH GAME. You know this is true.

Yeah, of course your mech has the standard gattling gun...and you'll use it, but the beauty of the game is you are encouraged NOT TO RELY ON IT.

Some ENEMY DESIGNS (including bosses) tend to be simplistic and boring, but, hey, they aren't that bad. I WISH THERE WERE BETTER BOSS BATTLES, but I never claimed Veigues was without flaws.

The soundtrack is quirky and suits the game well. It is minimalist cyborg-pop that sounds exactly like the tunes the robot swarms would listen to.

:pcgs:

/rant
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Man, didn't realise so many people didn't like Veigues!  I've always loved Veigues, great game, love the controls, love the gfx, & absolutely LOVE the soundtrack.  The soundtrack is probably the best part of it for me. :-k
IMG

BlueBMW

Esteban, I love reading your posts.  Always so elegant, passionate and quirky wrapped up like a warm burrito for the eating.  Yours and Arkhan's posts (which are full of freakout angry passion with a dose of durrr) are always entertaining to read.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

Damn it Steban, now I want to try it!

True Dat Beemereano! I totally got Ark on China Warrior and have enjoyed the game a lot more since.

Frank_fjs

Mad King Granzort is fun to play if you have an SGX.

Arkhan Asylum

Hey, I like veigues.

It's a pretty solid game.

arex

I agree 100% with everything esteban said about Veigues.  The controls are kinda clunky, but it's completely fitting because you're controlling a huge friggin' mecha with armor and weaponry out the wazoo.  I'm thinking people disappointed with the controls were hoping for something more along the lines of Gundam-style mecha.  But take a look at the tactical gladiator.  It obviously wasn't meant to dance around the enemies with a lot of finesse.  It's clunky and meant to take a beating.

The one thing that I would agree is truly horrendous about the game is the U.S. market box art.  No idea why they couldn't use the original Japanese art:

IMG

Nando

Quote from: arex on 09/30/2012, 03:32 AMNo idea why they couldn't use the original Japanese art:
IMG
That can be said about much of the US box art.

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/29/2012, 08:15 PMEsteban, I love reading your posts.  Always so elegant, passionate and quirky wrapped up like a warm burrito for the eating.  Yours and Arkhan's posts (which are full of freakout angry passion with a dose of durrr) are always entertaining to read.
You are too gracious. Thank you :pcgs:.

I am just happy that folks recognize that I come from a genuine, heartfelt place. I definitely try to squeeze as much entertainment as I can from stuff (blame it on "growing up poor"), BUT, I've also changed my opinions about things over the years. Back in the day, I felt Veigues was a notch above mediocre. Why? Well, as a kid, I simply assumed that "thousands" of superior games must exit out there in the cosmos (I could only afford to play a handful). Now, though, having played a significantly larger sample of games, I realize that Veigues wasn't as bad as I initially felt. Of course, not all games fare well with the passing of time.

Quote from: Nando on 09/29/2012, 09:58 PMDamn it Steban, now I want to try it!

True Dat Beemereano! I totally got Ark on China Warrior and have enjoyed the game a lot more since.
:pcgs: It warms my heart that China Warrior has been getting some love in recent years. It was almost universally reviled in some circles.

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/29/2012, 04:23 PMMan, didn't realise so many people didn't like Veigues!  I've always loved Veigues, great game, love the controls, love the gfx, & absolutely LOVE the soundtrack.  The soundtrack is probably the best part of it for me. :-k
One thing I love is that you delve into the tunes for nearly all games. Veigues has a percussion-driven soundtrack that definitely fits the "mechanized" universe the game is set in. While you can listen to the soundtrack in isolation, it really works best as a soundscape for the game.

Quote from: arex on 09/30/2012, 03:32 AMThe one thing that I would agree is truly horrendous about the game is the U.S. market box art.  No idea why they couldn't use the original Japanese art:

IMG
There are so many TG-16 games that would have benefitted from simply using a SCREENSHOT from the actual game! Veigues is one of the games where a gorgeous zoomed-in screenshot would have KICKED BUTT as cover art. INCLUDE THE SCANLINES. It doesn't matter. No, I don't know what the best scene would be (maybe focus on a battle with an interesting opponent--like the snake-like thing--or a stage with beautiful vistas (the first stage has a neat sunset)).

I have defended the lame coverart of TG-16 releases (I find them charming now :pcgs:), but if I were consulting for NEC back in 1989, I would have absolutely used screenshots if kool art assets were unavailable (which is most likely the case).

Arkhan Asylum

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: arex on 09/30/2012, 03:32 AMI agree 100% with everything esteban said about Veigues.  The controls are kinda clunky, but it's completely fitting because you're controlling a huge friggin' mecha with armor and weaponry out the wazoo.  I'm thinking people disappointed with the controls were hoping for something more along the lines of Gundam-style mecha.  But take a look at the tactical gladiator.  It obviously wasn't meant to dance around the enemies with a lot of finesse.  It's clunky and meant to take a beating.

The one thing that I would agree is truly horrendous about the game is the U.S. market box art.  No idea why they couldn't use the original Japanese art:
IMG
I remember an old buddy of mine saying the US art looked like it has a low poly Optimus Prime on it.:)
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Alright, alright...well, it's cheap, so I'll pick it up.  I looked at some gameplay footage & although it looks a bit clunky, it has a pleasant anime vibe to it.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Nando on 09/30/2012, 10:35 AMThat can be said about much of the US box art.
lol yeah. up tp 98% of 'em for sure.

termis

I third Blood Gear - it's an awesome game, and one of the most underrated hidden gems for the PCE.

I did a mini-review of it looong time ago... letsee... ah, here:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=41363

RegalSin

Viegues - is a great game that was ahead of it's time, the problem is that most people do not have the speed to play game. You gotta really, take advantage of your weapons, as the enemies come from various angles. Also the limitation of bullets and your sheild. Viegues also has a lifebar because at times you must get damaged, to make a good hit

Mad Stalker - is a beat em up game, and a very great one at it. Nothing but Mecha action, the problem with this game is the lack of human action outside cutscenes, and the cutscenes are 1980's corpeate ( like how when people see military stuff they go bannaners ). This game is only released on the PCE and FM Towns series.

The game can be difficult at first, and that is what fun about but when you have a hidden level skip code, it takes the fun out of the challenge.

the PCE game has a hidden level skip when pressing the buttons.
the PCE game has a hidden change armour  color button ( so I guess three differnt sprites are loaded or color profiles????? for the armor ( especially the Ninja Mecha ).
the PCE game has a Vertical mode liek trouble danger ( the Dirty Pair clone game ). It makes the game has that arcade feel to it.

I think  Metal Stoker is my most funnest game in terms of beat em up since playing an arcade game, but is lacking that TNMNT atmosphere. For a Mech fan it is pure heavan, I guess, Next to Sonic on the Genesis.

Blood Gear - Is a great J-rpg with Phantasy Star like towns. The nicest part about this game is the freedom ( based on skill ) Meaning you have a choice of path. Basically this game is adventure island mecha. Grreat fantastic cut scenes too, but that was because this was a late release game. Which brings us to the next game.

Cyber Knight - great RPG series too bad the SNES overtook the PCE. I have this game running for the music. Also the music is best because I think this game was ported like three times before reaching the PCE????? A translation of the second game is out their somewhere.
What I love about this game is how the world is setup, and the ship feels like something from Alien. Armaggendon beats this game. Because this is a mecha rpg it takes sometime before moving on.

Eternal City........I was so close to finishing this game but I forgot to backup my save, so it was deleted. So now I have to backtrack threw all the tunnels.  Eternal city is an
shooter/adventure game disguised as an action game. You go from room to room looking for power-ups and fighting boss tobots. Think of it like a shooter Meteroid II for the gameboy.
So you can spend hours a day backtracking ( which is what I have to do now ), to go from one point to another, after awhile you become familiar with the areas and should be able to move around the place with no problems. Back tracking is annoying. However it pays off for the exploration fan, and the challenge, which can be fun at times. So far I made it to the giant ship but now I have to back track to the tunnells, because I did not save and then find etc boss, and etc item, and etc door. This game is not Metroid but blows it away in terms of exploration.  Same with Castelvania PSX type games, it more about the feeling of finding a boss. But unlike Castle, their is not too many little things to see or witness.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/01/2012, 06:16 AM
Quote from: Nando on 09/30/2012, 10:35 AMThat can be said about much of the US box art.
lol yeah. up tp 98% of 'em for sure.
That is because the artist in America for starters are constantly around their families, and are plauged by negativity. Also the artists ( the uppity, european type artists ) are not intrested in
media works like videogames and see them as a lower forms of art, or not art all. This is 1980's and people had in thier minds was nothing in Japanese understanding, they understood Africa, Europea, and some of Asia, but not current trends.

The artist are not bad at all, it is just that the comic book force was not strong in them, and they probably mixed feelings about the art they were doing.
IMGIMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: RegalSin on 10/01/2012, 12:02 PMEternal City........I was so close to finishing this game but I forgot to backup my save, so it was deleted. So now I have to backtrack threw all the tunnels.  Eternal city is an
shooter/adventure game disguised as an action game. You go from room to room looking for power-ups and fighting boss tobots. Think of it like a shooter Meteroid II
lol

Nando

so what about KIAIDAN 00? is it any good?

VenomMacbeth

Well, Veigues is on the way.  It'll be nice having a game that isn't a space shooter...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

RegalSin

Yeah but now you are going to be controlling a vacumcleaner, across a wall of metal.
IMGIMG

OldRover

VTG's US cover art isn't nearly as bad as most other US releases. By itself, it's kind of cool, but next to its JP counterpart, of course it sucks... that's the norm. But I can think of no less than 50 examples of worse cover art by itself, let alone when compared to its parent artwork.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nectarsis

Quote from: Nando on 10/01/2012, 04:08 PMso what about KIAIDAN 00? is it any good?
I really enjoyed this one..varied weaponry, and perfect super robot feel to the game.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

RegalSin

Quote from: OldRover on 10/02/2012, 02:29 AMVTG's US cover art isn't nearly as bad as most other US releases. By itself, it's kind of cool, but next to its JP counterpart, of course it sucks... that's the norm. But I can think of no less than 50 examples of worse cover art by itself, let alone when compared to its parent artwork.
Once again it depend on the artist intent. The artist in Japan, probably had high hopes of working on stuff for comic books and animations. Probably did. The artist in America, probably worked for a record company or toy designer, and put comic books on a whole another feild. The aritst probably even wanted to do painting.

That is why the west sucks, they divide everything into differnt catergories and then cut corners, and call it a job well done.
IMGIMG

Nando

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/02/2012, 02:40 AM
Quote from: Nando on 10/01/2012, 04:08 PMso what about KIAIDAN 00? is it any good?
I really enjoyed this one..varied weaponry, and perfect super robot feel to the game.
$65 worth? the Yen is making REALLY expensive to import. Damn this stupid ECONOMY! lol
http://www.gameofjapan.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_26&products_id=5138

on a side note, DracX went up again..sigh...BLEH

esteban

Quote from: Nando on 10/02/2012, 09:29 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 10/02/2012, 02:40 AM
$65 worth? the Yen is making REALLY expensive to import. Damn this stupid ECONOMY! lol
http://www.gameofjapan.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_26&products_id=5138

on a side note, DracX went up again..sigh...BLEH
It's not $65 worth of entertainment (not for me, anyway).

This has been a pricier title, historically, so $65 might not be gouging (I'll let the experts make a final call, though, since I don't actively look for games).

Regardless, look at your wish list and pick up other titles before plopping $65 down for KIAIDAN 00.

Frank_fjs

GameofJapan is weird, they double the price of a listed game once you've bought it.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2012, 10:36 AMI won't won't comment on the quality of each game or go into depth about how much they fit your desired mold, but here are some games based around mechs that you could checkout on youtube before deciding to try them out:

Mad Stalker -sidescrolling action
Kiaiaden 00 -horizontal shooter in Mazinger style
Blood Gear -not-so-linear Zelda II style mecha game
Vasteel -non-war-sim-fan-friendly war sim with real time action mech battles
Vasteel 2 -no more action
Macross 2036 -horizontal shooter
Macross Eternal Love -war sim
Hyper Wars -sim
Heavy Unit -horizontal shootet
Spriggin -vertical shooter
Spriggin Mk2 -very mecha horizontal shooter
Granzort -SuperGrafx platformer
Keith Courage -action platformer
Lady Phantom -war sim
Star Parodier -vertical shooter with a PCE mech
Cyber Knight -RPG
Fighting Run -battle racer
Final Zone II -Mercs stlye
Gai Frame -war sim
Genocide -action side scroller
Metal Stoker -overhead shooter in mecha setting
Mystic Formula -Mercs style with mechs and fantasy
Out Live -first person
Hey, do you perhaps have a list like this for the Mega-Drive/Genesis and the SFC?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: Nando on 10/02/2012, 09:29 AMon a side note, DracX went up again..sigh...BLEH
:-s
Right now there's a BIN sitting at $75 and last month a loose disc auctioned for $41.
Topic Adjourned.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2012, 04:49 PM
Quote from: Nando on 10/02/2012, 09:29 AMon a side note, DracX went up again..sigh...BLEH
:-s
Right now there's a BIN sitting at $75 and last month a loose disc auctioned for $41.
Ebay?

VestCunt

Yeah. Right now there's BINs for $75 and $87, but I would wait for the auction with no picture at $6.50 with 4 days left. A complete copy auctioned for $82 on 9/30 and this loosey went for $41 on 9/4.
Topic Adjourned.

Nando

esteban

I love how we're talking about the current price of Dracula X on ebay. Hah! :pcgs:

Nando

Quote from: esteban on 10/06/2012, 01:44 PMI love how we're talking about the current price of Dracula X on ebay. Hah! :pcgs:
All roads from Obey lead to Drac X? Lol