RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

How do you beat the Boss in Round 3 on Bonk's Revenge??

NecroPhile

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 10/22/2012, 12:12 AMHow do you beat the Boss in Round 3 on Bonk's Revenge??
That's the ballerina, right?  Surprisingly, I find bonking her in the head works great.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sadler

Ys IV dub and GnG for me. Love both, but GnG makes me want to break things. :D

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: esteban on 10/20/2012, 09:28 PMFor folks who want to compare SFC vs. DUO versions of Dungeon Explorer II:
Dungeon Explorer II: PCE (1993, SCD) vs. SFC (1995)
IMG IMG
I love this particular pair of pictures, because it highlights what I consider the 2nd worse design decision in the game. They moved the dragon boss to another fight, and put the centipede in that room - which has around 1/3rd the space to move, making the centipede boss ridiculously difficult to fight!

The biggest design mistake is that the Piano is present through the entire Dracula fight (it disappears after the intro in DE2), making it EXTREMELY easy to get trapped by the boss or his bats, which leads to an easy death.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

roflmao

I just got back from a short RV trip (Boys only trip; just me and my son) and I finally dug into Bloody Wolf.  I think I made it to the final boss (I'm pretty sure that was the President tied up in the background), but I just couldn't figure out a pattern to beat him.  I LOVED playing through it, though, and can't wait giving that boss another shot (it's really not that long of a game if this is the last boss).

Also, I just got Hellfire S and Super Darius in the mail, so I played them a bunch while we were RVing.  I used to own Hellfire S and I forgot how quickly the difficulty ramps up.  I was able to beat the first level or two without issue and then I hit a wall.  I do enjoy the play mechanics (switching your weapon direction: front > back > top/bottom > 4 diagonal on the fly).  And those cut-scenes...  :)

Super Darius is tough as nails.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  It's pretty crazy on the SNES (I have Darius Twin) and the Saturn (I have Darius Gaiden).  After about 15 minutes of pummeling, I gave up.  I don't think I made it more than 2 or 3 levels in.  :oops:

I've also restarted my games of Dragon Knight III, Mysterious Song, Ys III and Dracula X.  Slowly but surely I'll get back to where I was before my saves got erased.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 09:01 PMI just got back from a short RV trip (Boys only trip; just me and my son) and I finally dug into Bloody Wolf.  I think I made it to the final boss (I'm pretty sure that was the President tied up in the background), but I just couldn't figure out a pattern to beat him.  I LOVED playing through it, though, and can't wait giving that boss another shot (it's really not that long of a game if this is the last boss).
The last boss is the "Generalissimo" who teleports around the screen and shoots boomerangs of death.

THE SECRET TO BEATING HIM? You have to keep moving (to avoid boomerangs that are returning) and start dodging the boomerangs BEFORE they launch from Generalissimo.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

geise

Boxy Boy!  Still love it!  Don't think I'll ever beat it though.

turboswimbz

I was trying to beat boxy boy for lil graf's list but I'm stuck on 250... ahhhh. so many hours peacefully passed.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tpivette

Neutopia 2. Been wanting to play this game since it came out. Havent had much time to play recently, and I've only cleared the first 2 dungeons
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 10/22/2012, 10:12 PMThe last boss is the "Generalissimo" who teleports around the screen and shoots boomerangs of death.

THE SECRET TO BEATING HIM? You have to keep moving (to avoid boomerangs that are returning) and start dodging the boomerangs BEFORE they launch from Generalissimo.
But you're equipped only with a knife!  He kind of reminds me of that boss from Ys that turns into bats, only way harder.  I'm sure I'll be able to finish him off with a little bit of practice... :D

420GOAT

R-TYPE. and i rotate hit the ice too.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 08:58 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/22/2012, 10:12 PMThe last boss is the "Generalissimo" who teleports around the screen and shoots boomerangs of death.

But you're equipped only with a knife!  He kind of reminds me of that boss from Ys that turns into bats, only way harder.  I'm sure I'll be able to finish him off with a little bit of practice... :D
Are you at the end of stage 4? or 8?  at the end of 4 your fight with only a knife, and your partner is tied up in the background.  Stage 8 is longer and ends with the fight esteban was talking about.  And it is crazy difficult!  Boss 4 is tricky, boss 8 is Crazy.  in both cases react before they boomerang attack, run up and hit em when you can and move back quickly to avoid the next round of attacks.

DildoKKKobold

Exile: Wicked Phenomenon. It is wickedly hard, that is for sure.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2012, 11:08 PMExile: Wicked Phenomenon. It is wickedly hard, that is for sure.
I love Exile to death, but I just really could not get into WP at all. This applied to both the JP and US release of it. I wish I could put my finger on it, but it just seems like it was a number of things.

nectarsis

Fausette Amour
Genji Tsuushin Agedama
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

420GOAT

Quote from: 420GOAT on 10/26/2012, 02:44 PMR-TYPE. and i rotate hit the ice too.
it doucherey to quote ones self but fuck .......this sounds like a command to do drugs.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

fraggore

Ys 1 and 2 got to the last boss man its a bitch
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

seieienbu

Currently stuck in Legend of Xanadu so I played the Addams Family for no good reason.  I liked the game a lot more as a kid.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

VestCunt

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/27/2012, 12:44 AMI love Exile to death, but I just really could not get into WP at all. This applied to both the JP and US release of it. I wish I could put my finger on it, but it just seems like it was a number of things.
Ditto. I don't know what it is. The story and character development was definitely better in the original. They're both linear, but the sequel seems extra "railroady": town -> action -> boss -> cinema.

I'm contemplating buying the PCE version and swapping discs so I can finally beat the last tower and be done with WP.

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/30/2012, 05:50 PMCurrently stuck in Legend of Xanadu so I played the Addams Family for no good reason.  I liked the game a lot more as a kid.
I had a good time playing through Addams Family a couple years ago. IMO, it's better than several other unpopular TG platformers (impossamole, tailspin, night creatures)
Topic Adjourned.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2012, 06:20 PMI had a good time playing through Addams Family a couple years ago. IMO, it's better than several other unpopular TG platformers (impossamole, tailspin, night creatures)
It's definitely not the worst game I've played.  It is, however, the worst game I own on the turbo.  That being said, it was a fun lark for the hour or so that it took me to go through the game.

chany60126

Since it's Halloween and all, I was playing Ghost Manor this afternoon. I made some decent progress in the game despite having to deal with some frustrating platforming. Man stage 2 is quite a chore to play through! So many slippery ledges, and it doesn't help that those bats knock you down every chance they get, LOL. I find the game play to be more enjoyable once you make it inside the manor. Lots of cool looking environments and secrets to find.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: SuperPlay on 02/27/2012, 03:43 PMFinished Aoi Blink yesterday and I have managed to get an hour in on Dungeon Explorer.  Not played this one before, so far so good!
I actually just started this last night.  Found a translated version of it that has been around for years I've heard.  Any idea on who it was that translated this?  It's pretty well done. 

We could use more Huey JRPGs translated *Cough NECROMANCER Cough*
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

thesteve

i have a US Dungeon Explorer (no translation needed)

seieienbu

Just played Legendary Axe again.  If I have time tomorrow I'll play the sequel.

Bardoly

I finally beat Dragon's Curse last light!

The last boss - the Vampire Dragon - was really difficult the first 5-6 times that I tried to beat him, but last night I finally buckled down and beat him with 2 medicine vials left over.   :roll:  The most annoying part was that the save game doesn't save your medicine vials, so every time that I got a game over at the boss, I had to start over again with nothing but money, and then I had to use Mouse-Man to go get 3 vials before going through the final castle again.   ](*,)

Overall though, I really enjoyed the game, and I would recommend it to others.  I never really felt that the game was too difficult or frustrating until the last boss, and even that wasn't too bad.

rrob78

I was playing some Ninja Spirit and Ordyne last nite.

Nec.Game.head

Ah man I love playing Ninja Spirit !!! That's one of very top favorite Hu card games to play ... Today so far Ive been playing Devils Crush and some Air zonk ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

esteban

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/31/2012, 12:35 AMSince it's Halloween and all, I was playing Ghost Manor this afternoon. I made some decent progress in the game despite having to deal with some frustrating platforming. Man stage 2 is quite a chore to play through! So many slippery ledges, and it doesn't help that those bats knock you down every chance they get, LOL. I find the game play to be more enjoyable once you make it inside the manor. Lots of cool looking environments and secrets to find.
Yes, I need to go back and beat Ghost Manor. I cringe, though. I had spent a lot of time on those slippery ledges, and yet I still would get sloppy and have to re-play certain sections again. Ugh!

It certainly is a game that can grow on you, though. I wonder if I'll have enough patience to play it this weekend.

roflmao

There has been much obey in my household lately.  Star Parodier, Blazing Lazers, Mysterious Song, Super Darius (HARD!!!), Hellfire S and Dragon Knight III have been getting a fair amount of play lately.

seieienbu

Played Legendary Axe 2 last night.  Gonna run through the Bonks next, I guess.

JoshTurboTrollX

Played to the second stage of Download last night.

I can not fuck up for this!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

psychobear

I been playing blazing lazers for the past 2 months

turboswimbz

Quote from: psychobear on 11/10/2012, 08:13 PMI been playing blazing lazers for the past 2 months
Essential playing right there.  I play BL to listen to the music

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/10/2012, 08:26 PM
Quote from: psychobear on 11/10/2012, 08:13 PMI been playing blazing lazers for the past 2 months
Hell yes. The music is great.

psychobear

Quote from: esteban on 11/10/2012, 09:08 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/10/2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah I think the music is what does it..
Hell yes. The music is great.

SuperPlay

Finally found some quality time to get back to playing Mysterious Song.  Got as far as the start of the EX levels.

Nec.Game.head

I'm playing Devils Crush right now .. Taking a break for a few minutes then getting right back to it .. Gotta beat my girlfriends 55 million score !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

majors

Played way too much World Court Tennis for my own good. Now I >must< complete the quest mode, dammit!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

munchiaz

played and beat Star Parodier tonight with the PC engine. CD power is to good

tggodfrey

Neutopia 2 - Finally got to Oasis land.  Twin towers were kinda tricky at first.

Will be going back to Blazing Lasers soon as well.  I get as far as the 7th level and I Die.  made it to 8th once.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bardoly

I played all the way through and beat Bonk's Adventure Sunday night and really enjoyed doing so.  I didn't even use any continues!  (I had played through and beaten the game long ago.)

So, Monday night, I decided that I would do the same for Bonk's Revenge, but after using all of my continues, I could only get about halfway through the game.   ](*,)

I guess that I'll need to start it again and play through more slowly, getting as many extra lives as possible.  (Although I had played Bonk's Revenge some many years ago, I've never beaten the game.)

rrob78

Played some Cyber Core at SC3 Saturday Night!

psychobear

R-Type... This game never gets boring for me

Obfuscate

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/13/2012, 02:46 AMplayed and beat Star Parodier tonight with the PC engine. CD power is to good
That game is so stupid easy, not sure why people hype it so much. Sure, it's fun the first few plays and the neat characters and graphics but the overall gameplay is just average IMO. Overall when I do play I like to use Bomberman ship.

majors

Quote from: Obfuscate on 11/13/2012, 11:22 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 11/13/2012, 02:46 AMplayed and beat Star Parodier tonight with the PC engine. CD power is to good
... I like to use Bomberman ship.
I gotta go with the PCEngine too!
IMG
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

munchiaz

Quote from: Obfuscate on 11/13/2012, 11:22 AM
That game is so stupid easy, not sure why people hype it so much. Sure, it's fun the first few plays and the neat characters and graphics but the overall gameplay is just average IMO. Overall when I do play I like to use Bomberman ship.
The game is really easy, but i still find it fun to play, specially starting at stage 5. "Redo snake come out!!"

Obfuscate

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/13/2012, 02:02 PMThe game is really easy, but i still find it fun to play, specially starting at stage 5. "Redo snake come out!!"
Yeah, don't get me wrong it is some fun to play, just many other much better shooters, yet I hear a lot of people claim this is one of the elite shooters on the system and I disagree with that. The Snowman and Bomberman bosses are especially cool.

CGQuarterly

I'm kind of addicted to Super Volleyball right now.

Chris

roflmao

Quote from: Bardoly on 11/13/2012, 09:35 AMI played all the way through and beat Bonk's Adventure Sunday night and really enjoyed doing so.  I didn't even use any continues!  (I had played through and beaten the game long ago.)

So, Monday night, I decided that I would do the same for Bonk's Revenge, but after using all of my continues, I could only get about halfway through the game.   ](*,)

I guess that I'll need to start it again and play through more slowly, getting as many extra lives as possible.  (Although I had played Bonk's Revenge some many years ago, I've never beaten the game.)
I'm in the same boat.  I've beaten Bonk's Adventure numerous times, but have NEVER beaten the sequel.  I think it's because I played the heck out of the first one when it was new.  It was one of the few games I owned early on so I played it incessantly.  But I didn't pick up Revenge until I got back into collecting for the system, in the late 90s.  And by then I had a pretty big library of games so haven't really given it the same dedication the first one got.