@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

A few things i picked up on the weekend, RE6 for $30 (came with some cool decals) but the walmart advertising is printed right on the insert, looks terrible.
I got Shrek for $10. PokemonStadium2 $5 and Crusin USA $2.50.

IMG

and from Mishran see below :)

IMG

PikachuWarrior

Nice, I'm a big Working Design nut myself.   Which variants did you get?

I still have a lot to learn about collecting WD.  What do you mean by "variants"?  Are there different one?

-----------

Basically means Working Designs was known to print different disc art for various games with some being more "rare" (not necessarily more expensive---probably just to those fanatics), than other disc art variants.
IMG

bob

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 11/05/2012, 12:04 PMNice, I'm a big Working Design nut myself.   Which variants did you get?

I still have a lot to learn about collecting WD.  What do you mean by "variants"?  Are there different one?

-----------

Basically means Working Designs was known to print different disc art for various games with some being more "rare" (not necessarily more expensive---probably just to those fanatics), than other disc art variants.
Interesting. Im at the airport waiting for a flight to dallas. When i get home on saturday, i'll take some pics of the discs.

MotherGunner

Quote from: galam on 11/05/2012, 12:10 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 11/05/2012, 12:04 PMNice, I'm a big Working Design nut myself.   Which variants did you get?

-----------

Interesting. Im at the airport waiting for a flight to dallas. When i get home on saturday, i'll take some pics of the discs.
I will have to compare mine as well....
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

jeffhlewis

I finally got around to trolling through the CD-XChange by my apartment in downtown Milwaukee - they had a wide range of stuff (NES, Genesis, Saturn, all the way through PS3), though most of it was garbage and massively overpriced. Anything of value was well over $60 (they wanted $29.99 for a loose Zelda 1 cartridge!). Typical of most second hand places these days unfortunately.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tpivette on 11/02/2012, 04:30 PMAh, i see you picked up a copy, Fifty. Played it yet? Let me know how it is, as I have been having too much fun with Ys 4 to try that one yet
I tossed it in and watched the intro.  Strange intro.  I haven't played it.  Still playing Bonk III.   :dance:

This came in the mail today.  I actually started talking to the eBay seller that sold a TG mug about a month ago.  Turns out he had worked in the TG field and had a few things lying around.  I told him I was interested in the mug but that I had to back out when the TG coffee mug got to over $35, then $40.  :shock:  Turns out he had another one, that he was using as his daily mug and told me I could have it.  So he ended up shipping it to me!  The mug is an old Devil's Crush mug (paint has worn off the back), but it's still awesome!  The Turbo Duo brochure I had seen before, but never held one.  It's in very good condition.  The Club Turbo I had not seen one before.  It's awesome!  I haven't stopped flipping through it!  It's in great condition.

/img20121105175049.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

tpivette

Sweet Turbo merchandise!

One of these days I gotta start collecting stuff like that to display around my gameroom. Old Turbo brochures are badass
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

PunkCryborg

Mega Drive/CD stuffs

/20121107121658.jpg

Opethian

IMG

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 11/07/2012, 01:25 PMDJ boy rox!
I had completely forgotten about that game. It was so much fun! I think :D

PunkCryborg

yeah and the japanese version is uncensored :D

Nando

JoshTurboTrollX

In the bottom of a box of old game mags I scored at a local garage sale was probably the worst condition EarthBound strategy guide of all time.  It's so awesome, I can barely read anything and it reeks of sewer water and cheeseburgers!!  I can't tell if that's actually because it was lost in the sewers or if the smells from the 'scratch and sniff' section is still smellable!!

/img20121104091704.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RoyVegas

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/09/2012, 12:35 PMIn the bottom of a box of old game mags I scored at a local garage sale was probably the worst condition EarthBound strategy guide of all time.  It's so awesome, I can barely read anything and it reeks of sewer water and cheeseburgers!!
Truely in gamers condition.
All is well. :)

turbokon

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 11/05/2012, 09:34 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 11/02/2012, 04:30 PMAh, i see you picked up a copy, Fifty. Played it yet? Let me know how it is, as I have been having too much fun with Ys 4 to try that one yet
I tossed it in and watched the intro.  Strange intro.  I haven't played it.  Still playing Bonk III.   :dance:

This came in the mail today.  I actually started talking to the eBay seller that sold a TG mug about a month ago.  Turns out he had worked in the TG field and had a few things lying around.  I told him I was interested in the mug but that I had to back out when the TG coffee mug got to over $35, then $40.  :shock:  Turns out he had another one, that he was using as his daily mug and told me I could have it.  So he ended up shipping it to me!  The mug is an old Devil's Crush mug (paint has worn off the back), but it's still awesome!  The Turbo Duo brochure I had seen before, but never held one.  It's in very good condition.  The Club Turbo I had not seen one before.  It's awesome!  I haven't stopped flipping through it!  It's in great condition.
/img20121105175049.jpg
Sweet I could use the coffee mug:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Nando

Shattered hand for the nes - fun lil game I hadn't played before by Jalesco.

finerion

Latest video now online of the last round of thrift store shopping. I don't hit it big, but I make out MUCH better than normal. Woot!

http://www.thealfredeffect.com/?p=1092
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

PikachuWarrior

IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: finerion on 11/09/2012, 03:36 PMLatest video now online of the last round of thrift store shopping. I don't hit it big, but I make out MUCH better than normal. Woot!

An introductory shot of the haul would be nice. My attention span is too short for a twenty-minute video with five minutes of preamble.
Topic Adjourned.

xcrement5x

Quote from: VestCunt on 11/09/2012, 04:13 PM
Quote from: finerion on 11/09/2012, 03:36 PMLatest video now online of the last round of thrift store shopping. I don't hit it big, but I make out MUCH better than normal. Woot!

An introductory shot of the haul would be nice. My attention span is too short for a twenty-minute video with five minutes of preamble.
That's me as well.  I just scroll past people with videos normally cause I want that money shots baby!  None of this pussyfooting along with narration.

Also, I bet that Earthbound guide would still sell for eleventy bajillion dollars on Nintendo Age if you gave them a cool story like it was VGA Certified NINTENDO sewage and cheeseburger smells.

On Tuesday I found a grey PSX with all hookups for $5.50 and a couple random PSX games.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

MotherGunner

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2012, 05:44 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/09/2012, 04:13 PM

That's me as well.  I just scroll past people with videos normally cause I want that money shots baby!  None of this pussyfooting along with narration.

Also, I bet that Earthbound guide would still sell for eleventy bajillion dollars on Nintendo Age if you gave them a cool story like it was VGA Certified NINTENDO sewage and cheeseburger smells.

On Tuesday I found a grey PSX with all hookups for $5.50 and a couple random PSX games.
Agreed, personally I was also highly annoyed at the last video of that guy who got DE II for a dollar.  NOT because he scored (GREAT for him) but because of the way he kept smacking and shuffling the game cases together like if it was a deck of cards.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

bob

Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/09/2012, 06:29 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/09/2012, 05:44 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/09/2012, 04:13 PM

Agreed, personally I was also highly annoyed at the last video of that guy who got DE II for a dollar.  NOT because he scored (GREAT for him) but because of the way he kept smacking and shuffling the game cases together like if it was a deck of cards. 
Yeah people, quick and to the point, please

Digi.k

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/09/2012, 12:35 PMIn the bottom of a box of old game mags I scored at a local garage sale was probably the worst condition EarthBound strategy guide of all time.  It's so awesome, I can barely read anything and it
Currently playing Mother 3.. These games appears soo child like and innocent then the shit kicks in and gets a bit real....

nectarsis

Guncon goodness traded from Ope, and weeks old purchase of 70's Show fun

/DSCN3310.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

IMG
some mo capcom goodness :D

hope ya dig the gun necclar  :dance:
IMG

Nando

so are they pretty much arcade perfect or what?

BlueBMW

A few goodies came in from ope:

/J360_1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

psychobear

I picked up a copy of splatterhouse and raiden today for 25$ at a yard sale today, complete in jewel case and manual..

esteban

Quote from: psychobear on 11/11/2012, 03:15 PMI picked up a copy of splatterhouse and raiden today for 25$ at a yard sale today, complete in jewel case and manual..
This has never happened to me. It will never happen to me.

WHERE DO YOU FOLKS LIVE, GODDAMMIT!?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/11/2012, 01:19 PMA few goodies came in from ope:
/J360_1.jpg
I still need to pick these up for the 360. The only reason why i bought one in the first place was to play shmups.

PikachuWarrior

Is that last game Omodeious Excellent or however you spell it. If so, it's out in the US too.
IMG

Opethian

last one is Otomedius Gorgeous and it did not come out in the US
IMG

psychobear

Quote from: esteban on 11/11/2012, 04:47 PM
Quote from: psychobear on 11/11/2012, 03:15 PMI picked up a copy of splatterhouse and raiden today for 25$ at a yard sale today, complete in jewel case and manual..
Las Vegas but believe me this never hap

Las Vegas but I just lucky that all the "retro gamers" are so far up other well known retro consoles that most of the turbo stuff gets by passed, but this hardly ever happens

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2012, 11:09 AMNice, I'm a big Working Design nut myself.   Which variants did you get?
Took pics of the discs.

/arc2.jpg
/lunar.jpg

esteban

Quote from: psychobear on 11/11/2012, 05:08 PM
Las Vegas but believe me this never hap

Las Vegas but I just lucky that all the "retro gamers" are so far up other well known retro consoles that most of the turbo stuff gets by passed, but this hardly ever happens
I have been looking for TG-16 for years and I have never stumbled across it "in the wild". If I ever do, I'm hoping it will be a MOTHER LODE* that I dream about.

*Sealed copy of Drop Rock and Ballistix. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

psychobear

The only other thing I found in the wild was a Keith Courage card in a Golden Axe Case..

sirhcman

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/11/2012, 04:50 PMI still need to pick these up for the 360. The only reason why i bought one in the first place was to play shmups.
Where is the best place to buy xbox 360 imports?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2012, 06:39 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 11/11/2012, 04:50 PMI still need to pick these up for the 360. The only reason why i bought one in the first place was to play shmups.
Where is the best place to buy xbox 360 imports?
japan

sirhcman

Are there any good websites to buy xbox 360 imports?

jeffhlewis

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/10/2012, 10:00 PMGuncon goodness traded from Ope, and weeks old purchase of 70's Show fun
/DSCN3310.jpg
You best be bringing that to MGC for the gun room! :)

nectarsis

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/11/2012, 07:09 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 11/10/2012, 10:00 PMGuncon goodness traded from Ope, and weeks old purchase of 70's Show fun
/DSCN3310.jpg
You best be bringing that to MGC for the gun room! :)
The reason I got it ;)

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2012, 06:50 PMAre there any good websites to buy xbox 360 imports?
ive gotten some stuff from people at this forum

http://shmups.system11.org/

sirhcman

Quote from: munchiaz on 11/11/2012, 10:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/11/2012, 06:50 PMAre there any good websites to buy xbox 360 imports?
ive gotten some stuff from people at this forum

http://shmups.system11.org/
thanks munchiaz, i will check it out!

Nando

There are tons of places, a simple search online would give you some good results. Ebay is also an option; you can check hit japan on there and see what they have in stock.

SuperPlay

RE-Furbished CD drive via Keith Courage  :D

IMG

nectarsis

A very good friend sent me this original poster out of teh blue...

/DSCN3313.jpg

The GREAT Lo Mang's autograph!!

/DSCN3314.jpg

Digi.k

nice poster !

traded some old stuff for the gamecube and games.  while gameboy micro arrived in the post.

/P1010700-1.jpg

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Lilgrafx

Hello all!

I've been pretty inactive since September, but I got some new games.

Borderlands 2- Pretty much borderlands 1 with some tweaks, but the first was awesome so I don't really mind.
Katamari Forever-Roll stuff up! Who doesn't love that.
Assasin's Creed III- Only a couple hours in but seems good.

and I'm hoping to pick up the new Paper Mario this week

psychobear

Today I for timeball for 3$ complete...