@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The Wii U

Started by JoshTurboTrollX, 06/07/2011, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

futureman2000

I played the one player Nintendoland games... I'll probably never play the fzero, ninja stars, and yoshi games again. I'm assuming the multiplayer is where it's at as expected. The DK game was fun though- I could see playing it 'one more time' for hours.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2012, 10:30 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/21/2012, 09:59 PM
QuoteLike that assclown who posted about how Mario games should be.  Fuck that guy.  What the hell does he know?  "The mushroom kingdom should be different with each Mario game".  Fuck off, duder.
Having a Mushroom Kingdom that feels refreshing with each new game isn't some retarded notion I have. I experienced the Mario magic back in '86 and with each subsequent game it always felt like I was experiencing something new and original. I know it can happen in this era because Super Mario Galaxy did it in spectacular fashion. Sorry if I offended you, man, but do we really need to go there?
youre not the assclown, dingus.

The article writer is.

lol.

none of that was directed at you.
Heh cool. *hugs* :)

munchiaz

Played more Zombi U last night. Man are these reviewers out there stupid. The game is great. I made it to a second check point last night, and i had such a feeling of relieve. It was like a weight was lifted off me. i had to play super cautiously, and i almost died a few times, But i was just so happy that my character got to save (sleep).

Joe Redifer

Finally played Nintendo Land tonight. Most of it was crap and I don't recommend owners of the basic system shell out $60 for it. It's basically "Wii Play", a bunch of demos. However there is balloon Trip Breeze included on the disc and it is awesome. Just like the classic but updated for the new millennium! It's like a DS game, but better!

Here's a screenshot of me playing this awesome game.

I've been hearing that Tank Tank Tank is pretty good. Anyone played it?

balloonfightbreeze.webp

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/22/2012, 06:24 AMFinally played Nintendo Land tonight. Most of it was crap and I don't recommend owners of the basic system shell out $60 for it. It's basically "Wii Play", a bunch of demos. However there is balloon Trip Breeze included on the disc and it is awesome. Just like the classic but updated for the new millennium! It's like a DS game, but better!

balloonfightbreeze.webp
Balloon Fight looks awesome. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/22/2012, 06:24 AMFinally played Nintendo Land tonight. Most of it was crap and I don't recommend owners of the basic system shell out $60 for it. It's basically "Wii Play", a bunch of demos. However there is balloon Trip Breeze included on the disc and it is awesome. Just like the classic but updated for the new millennium! It's like a DS game, but better!

balloonfightbreeze.webp
Tank Tank Tank, is that the game with all the Contra references & Contra'ish music?  I have it on PS3, though maybe I'm thinking of a differnet game, & I'm too lazy to check atm. :P
IMG

TheClash603

My girlfriend and I played Mario for an hour, was fun to get her on a game for once.  I admit the game is nowhere near as good looking as Rayman, but I hardly see any jaggies.

Scribblenauts has been awesome.  I am nearing the end, so I am a little bummed, but it has been a blast.

Played one game of NBA 2K13 today and it was solid.  No better or worse than the PS3 version, so it is refreshing to see developers doing so well with the system so early.

Joe Redifer

The jaggies are definitely there. But I look for those things. Anyway I found that putting the Wii U in 720p definitely helps it to look better, at least for these initial games. The TV has a much better upscaler than the Wii U does. When (and if) they actually start making games in 1080p I'll set it back. Nintendo won't release all of the specs so they must have something to hide. I'm betting we're gonna get a lot of 720p games like the PS3 and Xbox 360 with a few 1080p games here and there.

jlued686

My WiiU locked up about four times last night when playing Nintendo Land. Anyone else have this problem? It's locked up before, but this was the first time it did it consistently. My son and I were trying to play another game of Luigi's Ghost Mansion, and each time we entered the door, the game would freeze and the console made a horrendous screeching noise.

td741

If anyone wants to see Trine 2 for the WiiU you can watch it here (720p) recording:

Here's a video of the first six levels of Mighty Switch Force: Hyperdrive Edition:

Edit: Updated Mighty Switch Force link and edited Trine 2.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 11/23/2012, 10:24 AMMy WiiU locked up about four times last night when playing Nintendo Land. Anyone else have this problem? It's locked up before, but this was the first time it did it consistently. My son and I were trying to play another game of Luigi's Ghost Mansion, and each time we entered the door, the game would freeze and the console made a horrendous screeching noise.
Haven't frozen up yet.  Hopefully this locks aren't a sign of things to come.  :/

jlued686

I downloaded Chasing Aurora and played a bit of it in single player. It's...uh...disappointing. Actually kinda boring. I need to play it in multiplayer, though. Hopefully that's better.

Anyone play Nano-whatever yet?

futureman2000

My ID is Futureman. Add me :)

munchiaz

my Wii U froze up on my twice. I had it vertical. I have been playing it now horizontally, and haven't noticed anything. What about you guys ?

Ohh my Nintendo ID:Munchi

futureman2000

froze up twice on nintendoland- removed my wifi info and it worked fine. I hear that it has something to do with certain characters used in messages and mii names when you're online. Patch incoming I would imagine.

jlued686

I read that there's supposedly a system update coming this week. Who knows? I had mine vertical when it crashed. I've had it laying flat for the past couple days with no problems.

TheClash603

No crashes for me yet.  Always had it horizontal, not sure if that was the reason.

munchiaz

So i downloaded Mighty switch force Hyper drive edition last night. The game is awesome so far. I love the fact that its very pickup and play friendly. Also theres a good amount of replay value trying to speed run each stage and beat the set time. I def recommend it.

soop

Bloody hell, you've all got one!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Nando

Quote from: soop on 11/27/2012, 08:25 AMBloody hell, you've all got one!
You know Nintendo is mass producing them beasts quickly and hard!

I'm gonna wait til after ze ol holidaze to get one. I want a MARIO KART GAME, DAMN IT!

td741

For those that are interested in the backwards compatibility of the Wii U, here's a quick video I put together:

SegaSaturn51195

I have a white Wii U with Ninja Gaiden 3 and I'm loving the system so far. The game is hardcore and a big improvement from the 360 version. MiiVerse and the video apps add a lot to the system. The controller is very cool, sometimes I play while watching TV or doing something else. The eShop is quite basic for now but it has potential. I just have to format my 320gb hard drive for it or buy another hard drive to store downloaded games. I also don't like that your Nintendo ID is locked to the console, which makes me not really want to purchase downloadable games. I also lost my entire VC collection when I sold my Wii months back and Nintendo told me there's nothing they can do to recover my games even though my Nintendo ID is linked to my Club Nintendo account and I can see every purchased game. I didn't sell my Wii with my shop channel account still linked. I deleted the account so the new owner wouldn't have access to the games I bought. I just wanted Nintendo to change the license to my new Wii U/Wii mode but they wouldn't do it. I'm still fighting with them on the Nintendo tech boards. I actually lost 75 Virtual games, over $500 in games.

Add me: LSpear76
Pay my prices, or else!

soop

Quote from: SegaSaturn51195 on 11/29/2012, 12:22 AMI also lost my entire VC collection when I sold my Wii months back and Nintendo told me there's nothing they can do to recover my games even though my Nintendo ID is linked to my Club Nintendo account and I can see every purchased game, I just wanted them to change the license to my new Wii U/Wii mode but they wouldn't do it.
This is why I won't buy any of their stuff, tempting though it is.  It's just too ephemeral.

Nando

Quote from: SegaSaturn51195 on 11/29/2012, 12:22 AMI didn't sell my Wii with my shop channel account still linked. I deleted the account so the new owner wouldn't have access to the games I bought. I just wanted Nintendo to change the license to my new Wii U/Wii mode but they wouldn't do it. I'm still fighting with them on the Nintendo tech boards. I actually lost 75 Virtual games, over $500 in games.

Add me: LSpear76
Well that's some bullshit.

futureman2000

Yeah, the digital release stuff is BS- but I will probably buy games on the Shop that don't have a physical release... acquire coins, get some nintendo bs from the site... the towels look neat.

jlued686

I made that same mistake with my DSi, when I traded it in for the 3DS. Granted, it was only a few - kinda crappy - games. Nevertheless, they're gone forever!

The way it's set up now, though, is easier. Even though my Wii-to-WiiU transfer was somehow corrupted, I was still able to go in and re-download all my VC and WiiWare titles on my WiiU. It was a pain in the ass, but at least it was possible.

SegaSaturn51195

Someone from Nintendo is calling me back tomorrow about this issue, hopefully allowing me to redownload the games on my Wii U through the Wii menu. If I have to get a new Wii and get Nintendo to transfer my games to that console, I'll do that. Then I'll transfer them to my Wii U. Or, they can just refund me 500,000 Wii Shop points (lol) and let me download the games again. Next time I'll be smart and just get the roms and an emulator for my Galaxy S3, hook my phone to my TV through HDMI, and play the games with a Bluetooth control pad. It would be nice to be able to play them on my Wii U since I already bought them.
Pay my prices, or else!

Nando

Is there a way to backup/save the Nintendo digital downloads externally?

td741

Quote from: Nando on 11/29/2012, 12:11 PMIs there a way to backup/save the Nintendo digital downloads externally?
You can transfer them to SD card and they are visible.  However, I think the VC/Wii Ware titles are locked to a particular console instead of an account.

geise

Yep, locked to the system console.

Nando

Quote from: geise on 11/29/2012, 12:49 PMYep, locked to the system console.
Ain't that some bullshit

SegaSaturn51195

Someone from Nintendo called me today and said they'll push it higher up to see if they can "make an exception" since I purchased so much content. I don't like their policy/user agreement. I only sold the Wii once I heard that it was backwards compatible and that you could play your Virtual Console/WiiWare games on the Wii U. I didn't stop to think that the purchases would still be locked to the console. My fault, I guess, but I can prove that I'm the one who owns the new Wii U and that I'm the one who purchased that games. They're linked to my Club Nintendo Account. They should just refund me the amount of points so I can repurchase them. I even said I would go buy a new regular Wii and send it to Nintendo so they can put my purchases on there. But since I deleted my Wii Shop account 5 months ago when I sold my Wii on Ebay, they said "too much time has passed." I told them I would wait for their response before I complain to the Better Business Bureau and possibly open a small claims case. We'll see what happens. I hate pouring so much time and money into a company that has policies that totally screw you over.
Pay my prices, or else!

SegaSaturn51195

Well, Nintendo called me back already and said they researched it as much as possible but there's nothing they can do, that their user agreement states that if you delete your shop channel account from the Wii console when you sell your Wii you can't retrieve your purchases on a new Wii or Wii U system. I'm out 70+ Virtual Console/WiiWare games, they can't transfer the purchases to my Wii U, to a new Wii if I would buy one, and they can't credit me any points to my Wii Shop account. I only sold the Wii after I read that you could play your VC/WiiWare purchases on the new Wii U system. I did not know you needed to use the transfer tool to go from Wii to Wii U. I'm going to add up the amount of money i spent on those 70+ games. Like it would really hurt their bottom line to add up the games I purchased and issue me a credit. Simply terrible. That's why I play Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and not Nintendo products. :-(
Pay my prices, or else!

Arkhan Asylum

To be fair, you basically assumed their system worked the same as a different system.   You should've just waited to see how it all worked before dumping/selling things, man.

Still, Hopefully they help you out. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SegaSaturn51195

Quote from: guestTo be fair, you basically assumed their system worked the same as a different system.  You should've just waited to see how it all worked before dumping/selling things, man. Still, Hopefully they help you out.
I'd even buy a new Wii and let Nintendo transfer my content, then I'll use the transfer tool to get it on my Wii U. But they won't even let me do that. I'll stick to Microsoft/Sony for now on when buying games online. Nintendo's policy is anti-consumer.
Pay my prices, or else!

SegaSaturn51195

I actually found the buyer of my console on Ebay. He bought it in July. I wrote him and asked if I can buy the console back. If I can buy the console back, the same serial number that I made the purchases from, there should be no reason why Nintendo can't help me get my games back on that account even though I deactivated the Wii Shop account. Right?
Pay my prices, or else!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SegaSaturn51195 on 11/29/2012, 05:49 PMI actually found the buyer of my console on Ebay. He bought it in July. I wrote him and asked if I can buy the console back. If I can buy the console back, the same serial number that I made the purchases from, there should be no reason why Nintendo can't help me get my games back on that account even though I deactivated the Wii Shop account. Right?
Find out before you blow money buying another Wii, lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Nando

http://kotaku.com/5964432/hacker-says-hes-cracked-open-the-wii-u-cpu-is-nothing-to-write-home-about

"Hector Martin, he who put together the first open-source driver for Microsoft's Kinect two years ago, now says he's cracked open the Wii U.

He won't say what he did to get the details out of Nintendo's latest console, but he did tweet some juicy (and very, very technical) tidbits about the system"

It read to me like it's the SNES like design all over again?

SegaSaturn51195

The buyer has agreed to send back the original Wii unit so I can possibly recover my games from the Wii Shop, then transfer them to my Wii U, then send the guy back his Wii. This should be interesting...
Pay my prices, or else!

Nando

Quote from: SegaSaturn51195 on 11/30/2012, 10:02 AMThe buyer has agreed to send back the original Wii unit so I can possibly recover my games from the Wii Shop, then transfer them to my Wii U, then send the guy back his Wii. This should be interesting...
HA. KI. SACK!

Hope it all goes smoothly.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nando on 11/29/2012, 07:01 PMhttp://kotaku.com/5964432/hacker-says-hes-cracked-open-the-wii-u-cpu-is-nothing-to-write-home-about
Meh, it's the GPU that's most important anyway.  I'm not surprised it's not all that powerful, though, not with the tiny case and limited airflow.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jlued686

Personally: I couldn't give a shit less how powerful it is. Are the games going to be fun? Yes? Good enough for me.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/30/2012, 10:19 AM
Quote from: Nando on 11/29/2012, 07:01 PMhttp://kotaku.com/5964432/hacker-says-hes-cracked-open-the-wii-u-cpu-is-nothing-to-write-home-about
Meh, it's the GPU that's most important anyway.  I'm not surprised it's not all that powerful, though, not with the tiny case and limited airflow.
Yep.  and the GPU in it can do some pretty cool shit.

Heck, the Wii could too, with its displacement mapping.

its just most of the games were all cartoony and you couldnt tell.

soop

Just to chime in my $0.2 on the guy with the VC issue; I feel your pain man, the ridiculous policy is why I only splurged out for some essential shit like Megaman 9.  They could have had tonnes of cash with a decent service.

Anyway, if it doesn't work out, you might be able to convince them to give you ambassador status.  At least that way you'll get a bit back.  And it's not like they aren't handing those out.

SegaSaturn51195

Ambassador status? What's that?
Pay my prices, or else!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 11/30/2012, 10:19 AM
True, as long as it doesn't pull a SuperGrafx...

jlued686

Quote from: SegaSaturn51195 on 11/30/2012, 12:29 PMAmbassador status? What's that?
Isn't that just for the 3DS? I thought that was for the early-adopters who got all of the "free" NES and GBA games when Nintendo dropped the 3DS's price last summer.

TheClash603

I was playing Mario last night with my girlfriend.  I had a full charged gamepad...  after 2 1/2 hours, the battery had died.

I was getting nearly 4 hours out of the box when I first played the system and now 2 1/2?  That's not very promising...

Nyko is coming out with some Frankenstein shit that goes on the back of the gamepad to double the batter life.  I need to either get one of these things or an extension cord.  Do you guys think there could be any negative impact gaming with an extension cord on the Gamepad?

soop

Quote from: guest on 12/01/2012, 12:21 PM
Quote from: SegaSaturn51195 on 11/30/2012, 12:29 PMAmbassador status? What's that?
Isn't that just for the 3DS? I thought that was for the early-adopters who got all of the "free" NES and GBA games when Nintendo dropped the 3DS's price last summer.
They also did one for the Wii.  A convuluted affair whereby you had to help 10 other people to connect their Wii to the Internet, and then swap friend codes as proof.  That one netted you every NES game.  They may have expanded it to 20 and every SNES game if memory serves.

So basically, they're handing out half of their catalogue to people for free anyway.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/01/2012, 03:55 PMDo you guys think there could be any negative impact gaming with an extension cord on the Gamepad?
Only if you have cats or children that will get tangled in the cord, lol