OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Cover for the last issue of Nintendo Power

Started by Nando, 11/30/2012, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

Cool way to send it off

NintendoPowerFirstLast.webp

jlued686

That's awesome. Is it out on newstands yet?

SignOfZeta

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Shyeaaah i need to go grab that.

At least it doesn't have Pokemon on it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jlued686

JoshTurboTrollX

Yea, I'll walk to bookworld to pick that one up.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

I stopped getting Nintendo Power when it was nothing but pokemon bullshit, otherwise I'd have that! RIGHT NOW
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hizaygizirlz

I'm getting that as well.  I haven't subscribed in years, but it is still sad to see it go.

I remember when I subscribed I got Dragon Warrior for free or real cheap and when I finally got to play it that was just an awesome day.

Edited: for spelling
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

munchiaz

I wounder if i will get my subscription copy sooner, than the store print

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

finerion

That is a very cool send off. I've had subscriptions to Nintendo Power off and on for years. My first gaming magazine was the issue of Nintendo Power with Links Awakening as the cover. I know the internet is quickly replacing print magazines as the primary source of up to date information, but there is just something about holding the magazine that I will always enjoy. To see Nintendo Power leaving the print world it really makes me wonder which of the remaining magazines will be next.
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

MrFlutterPie

I had a sub from around 91-96 and I will be picking this issue up.

I loved NP :)

psychobear

It's sending it of like it came in... Not bad

TheClash603

I picked up the last few issues of Nintendo Power for nostalgia sake.  The magazine is quite frankly awful.  I have a really hard time reading it cover to cover and there is typically very little I enjoy anymore.

With that said, I am sad to see it go.  The Final Fantasy guide was probably the most used hint book of my gaming life.  I will definitely be picking up the final issue, reading it with disgust, and then sadly saying goodbye to an old friend.

ParanoiaDragon

Wish I knew where my original Nintendo Power was.  I think I got it for free because the Nintendo Fun Club magazine(or whatever it was called) was discontinued, so they gave me a free copy of the first issue of Nintendo Power.  Reminds me of how I'd really like them to do a sequal to Doki Doki Mario Panic!
IMG

esteban

I read and re-read the original issue of Nintendo Power a billion times back in the day.

I love the final cover. Quite à propos.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jlued686

Has anybody seen this in stores yet? I went to Barnes & Noble last night and they didn't have any. I went across the street to Target and they only had the second-to-last issue.

Any luck?

jlued686